Skip to content

Cleveland Browns Finally Usable in Madden 15

The Browns Board
45 24 2.8k
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #17

    NCAA 14 is (was) always a year behind in game engine improvements then madden. That's how their cycle worked.

    NCAA 14 did play very well though. AND Denard was on the cover. I traded in all of my 360 stuff but kept that game

  • NCAA 14 is (was) always a year behind in game engine improvements then madden. That's how their cycle worked.

    NCAA 14 did play very well though. AND Denard was on the cover. I traded in all of my 360 stuff but kept that game

    OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @mld-woody said:

    NCAA 14 is (was) always a year behind in game engine improvements then madden. That's how their cycle worked.

    NCAA 14 did play very well though. AND Denard was on the cover. I traded in all of my 360 stuff but kept that game

    Regardless, NCAA 14 plays way better. The games are more immersive, the players feel like they have real weight and inertia, the franchise mode aspects are superior, and customization options are better. NCAA 14 is my first of the NCAA series and when I tried to play Madden afterwards, I found it unplayable.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #19

    You may just be discovering you like college football games better lol. Sucks for you though to join so late, the series will be on leave for awhile.

    I've played every madden and NCAA extensively for awhile now. Both have their pros and cons. I've always preferred NCAA though because I enjoy recruiting. I enjoy that style of building a team and having free range on position changes. Being able to set formation sub's outside of the game was great too.

    I know what you mean though, the game felt really good to play. Much better than NCAA 13. It was smooth and felt like college football.

    Next gen Madden does play very well itself though. I'm excited for the next one, a game completely developed for next gen.

    It sucks about that lawsuit though. I'm going to miss NCAA

  • D Demoted wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Manziel would probably be the most intriguing since he won't look as good in the real NFL... Only on Madden.

  • You may just be discovering you like college football games better lol. Sucks for you though to join so late, the series will be on leave for awhile.

    I've played every madden and NCAA extensively for awhile now. Both have their pros and cons. I've always preferred NCAA though because I enjoy recruiting. I enjoy that style of building a team and having free range on position changes. Being able to set formation sub's outside of the game was great too.

    I know what you mean though, the game felt really good to play. Much better than NCAA 13. It was smooth and felt like college football.

    Next gen Madden does play very well itself though. I'm excited for the next one, a game completely developed for next gen.

    It sucks about that lawsuit though. I'm going to miss NCAA

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @mld-woody said:

    You may just be discovering you like college football games better lol. Sucks for you though to join so late, the series will be on leave for awhile.

    I've played every madden and NCAA extensively for awhile now. Both have their pros and cons. I've always preferred NCAA though because I enjoy recruiting. I enjoy that style of building a team and having free range on position changes. Being able to set formation sub's outside of the game was great too.

    I know what you mean though, the game felt really good to play. Much better than NCAA 13. It was smooth and felt like college football.

    Next gen Madden does play very well itself though. I'm excited for the next one, a game completely developed for next gen.

    It sucks about that lawsuit though. I'm going to miss NCAA

    My problem with Madden is that theyve completely ruined franchise mode while focusing on multiplayer, and I hate random multiplayer. Every year these guys find one unstoppable play and use it non-stop every game. They never punt and always go for 2, and usually get it every time. Meanwhile half the features in franchise mode dont work and the ratings system jacks the franchise up after year 2. NFL 2K5 was better than any Madden ever made.
  • @mld-woody said:

    You may just be discovering you like college football games better lol. Sucks for you though to join so late, the series will be on leave for awhile.

    I've played every madden and NCAA extensively for awhile now. Both have their pros and cons. I've always preferred NCAA though because I enjoy recruiting. I enjoy that style of building a team and having free range on position changes. Being able to set formation sub's outside of the game was great too.

    I know what you mean though, the game felt really good to play. Much better than NCAA 13. It was smooth and felt like college football.

    Next gen Madden does play very well itself though. I'm excited for the next one, a game completely developed for next gen.

    It sucks about that lawsuit though. I'm going to miss NCAA

    My problem with Madden is that theyve completely ruined franchise mode while focusing on multiplayer, and I hate random multiplayer. Every year these guys find one unstoppable play and use it non-stop every game. They never punt and always go for 2, and usually get it every time. Meanwhile half the features in franchise mode dont work and the ratings system jacks the franchise up after year 2. NFL 2K5 was better than any Madden ever made.
    U utzie wrote on last edited by
    #22

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    My problem with Madden is that theyve completely ruined franchise mode while focusing on multiplayer, and I hate random multiplayer. Every year these guys find one unstoppable play and use it non-stop every game. They never punt and always go for 2, and usually get it every time. Meanwhile half the features in franchise mode dont work and the ratings system jacks the franchise up after year 2. NFL 2K5 was better than any Madden ever made.

    I agree with you on the ratings system. The whole "scheme" bull shit really messes up everything, especially online franchises. I've been in an online franchise for 4ish years now and the schemes totally throw off player values and contracts when a dude could be a 99 in one scheme and a 72 in another.

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    My problem with Madden is that theyve completely ruined franchise mode while focusing on multiplayer, and I hate random multiplayer. Every year these guys find one unstoppable play and use it non-stop every game. They never punt and always go for 2, and usually get it every time. Meanwhile half the features in franchise mode dont work and the ratings system jacks the franchise up after year 2. NFL 2K5 was better than any Madden ever made.

    I agree with you on the ratings system. The whole "scheme" bull shit really messes up everything, especially online franchises. I've been in an online franchise for 4ish years now and the schemes totally throw off player values and contracts when a dude could be a 99 in one scheme and a 72 in another.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @utzie said:

    I agree with you on the ratings system. The whole "scheme" bull shit really messes up everything, especially online franchises. I've been in an online franchise for 4ish years now and the schemes totally throw off player values and contracts when a dude could be a 99 in one scheme and a 72 in another.

    Haha and if you went in and changed the scheme, it did absolutely nothing.
  • @everlastingxxx said:

    The runnings have hands of stone. The other WRS are horrible. Not only that, the secondary cant catch either. They are always dropping easy picks.

    You just have to tweak your sliders. Default madden settings are a joke.

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @osiris said:

    You just have to tweak your sliders. Default madden settings are a joke.

    No shit. People think the RL browns drop too many passes. Along with that the AI pass coverage reaction time is OP.

    @osiris said:

    Regardless, NCAA 14 plays way better. The games are more immersive, the players feel like they have real weight and inertia, the franchise mode aspects are superior, and customization options are better. NCAA 14 is my first of the NCAA series and when I tried to play Madden afterwards, I found it unplayable.

    I really like the NCAA games, simply because I like the recruiting aspect, but unfortunatly it is going to be several years (if ever again) before we see another NCAA game.

  • R Ringleader wrote on last edited by Ringleader
    #25

    Is anyone else getting Madden next week?

    I like how they were made to remove certain TD celebrations...must have had the Browns in mind on that one...lol

  • OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I am planning on getting it. Tempted to upgrade to xbox one for it but probably won't.

  • @mld-woody said:

    You may just be discovering you like college football games better lol. Sucks for you though to join so late, the series will be on leave for awhile.

    I've played every madden and NCAA extensively for awhile now. Both have their pros and cons. I've always preferred NCAA though because I enjoy recruiting. I enjoy that style of building a team and having free range on position changes. Being able to set formation sub's outside of the game was great too.

    I know what you mean though, the game felt really good to play. Much better than NCAA 13. It was smooth and felt like college football.

    Next gen Madden does play very well itself though. I'm excited for the next one, a game completely developed for next gen.

    It sucks about that lawsuit though. I'm going to miss NCAA

    My problem with Madden is that theyve completely ruined franchise mode while focusing on multiplayer, and I hate random multiplayer. Every year these guys find one unstoppable play and use it non-stop every game. They never punt and always go for 2, and usually get it every time. Meanwhile half the features in franchise mode dont work and the ratings system jacks the franchise up after year 2. NFL 2K5 was better than any Madden ever made.
    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #27

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    NFL 2K5 was better than any Madden ever made.

    the 2K series destroyed madden, EA had to buy exclusive rights to keep the franchise from going under.

    I don't play football games anymore though; hockey games are infinitely more entertaining.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #28

    No wonder this country is so fucked up.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Well if it's gonna be a fantasy thread the least we can do is show scenes from the old Debbie Does Dallas movie (so it's football related).

    LOL-Gotcha! 😆

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Well. I see its a still a shitty designed game that rewards people for playing that bullshit, arcade style.

    That said - the Browns have been usable for quite some time. You'd be surprised how far you can go by playing combo coverages (Haden in man) and rolling the rest of the defense away from him.

    Helps to have a pretty solid Oline and two badass threats in Gordon and Cameron.

  • No wonder this country is so fucked up.

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    No wonder this country is so fucked up.

    Don't you have a soldiers funeral to protest?

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Manziel is pretty beastly in the game.

  • Manziel is pretty beastly in the game.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Manziel is pretty beastly in the game.

    Let me guess, playing online with default sliders?

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Franchise, all pro, default sliders. I generally tinker with the sliders eventually but theyre not horrible this year.

  • SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by
    #35

    I played as the Browns in Madden 15 today and beat the Lions in the Browns' first pre-season game 38-3. Based on that scientific study the Browns are winning the Super Bowl.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #36

    I played my first two games today on xbox One with the Browns.

    First game was 32-3 and the guy quit at halftime.

    Second game was 37-10 and the guy quit with 3:22 left in the second quarter.

    Manziel is amazing on Madden, the Browns D is Beast(specifically Mingo, Haden and Sheard...so far), but the servers still suck though. Tate is a good back on there. The Browns D is beast, oh did I already say that? Yeah... Well, they are...

    Gordon has been removed from the starting line-up, you'll have to manually put him in the game on the depth chart. gay.