Skip to content

Josh Gordon Troubles

The Browns Board
492 74 21.3k
  • Most recent census polls say 47% of Americans have used marijuana AT LEAST ONCE in their life. That was from 2012, and it was the highest percentage, ever.

    The point is, to say "everybody does it," or "most people have tried it" are both INCORRECT. The truth is, the MINORITY of Americans ever use marijuana. I hate when people try to normalize the sh**. It IS addictive, it DOES have terrible side effects, and it RUINS people's lives...

    The only people who say marijuana is harmless are marijuana users. It's called "denial" people...

    Gordon has obviously "substituted" his marijuana use with alcohol (and in the past codeine) use. He gets a craving, and realizes he can't smoke pot b/c of tests, so he decides to drink... A drug is a drug, is a drug, is a drug... If a person is addicted, they will use ANYTHING and search for loopholes. While I don't want it to happen, the best thing for Gordon is to STOP the enabling, suspend him for a year, take away his salary for the year, put him in tx for 6-9 months, and hope he finally "gets it." Bring him back in 2015... clean hopefully... and give him opportunity to "earn" his huge contract by being a better player on-and-off the field...

  • 47% in 2012. You call that a minority? Shit, half the country or more by now, what with the legalization in several states since then. Plus, all the people that probably lied because they are spineless. It's got to be way over the 50% threshold by now. That my friend is a majority. So in your analysis half of your fellow Americans are low life pieces of shit that need to get their 'ruined' lives in order.

    Please, educate yourself and see that discriminating a vast amount of people because they would rather smoke to get their high than drown themselves in alcohol is archaic and ignorant.

  • 47% in 2012. You call that a minority? Shit, half the country or more by now, what with the legalization in several states since then. Plus, all the people that probably lied because they are spineless. It's got to be way over the 50% threshold by now. That my friend is a majority. So in your analysis half of your fellow Americans are low life pieces of shit that need to get their 'ruined' lives in order.

    Please, educate yourself and see that discriminating a vast amount of people because they would rather smoke to get their high than drown themselves in alcohol is archaic and ignorant.

    @poeticg said:

    47% in 2012. You call that a minority?

    47% is by definition the minority. I used to get high when I was an 18-21yr old kid back in 85-88, but eventually grew up, bought a house at 19, married at 21 and became a father at 23 and no longer needed the drug.

    Most of my friends stopped at or around the same time except for a few, who still do it. ALL OF THOSE that never stopped and still smoke are having a tough time in life, and I'm being kind on that description - others would call them losers.

    That isn't rhetoric someone has told me about pot, but is what I have seen first hand and all I can draw from. If you like having no ambition, drive or self discipline, then I guess pot is for you.......... Smoke up.

  • weed is not addictive dr. remulak.

    it's what you partake in after smoking weed that might get you in trouble. for some they want to then get higher and score more lethal drugs.

    for most though it's go to the store, buy whatever ice cream and potato chips that are on sale and go home and gorge yourself into passing out.

  • "The point is, to say "everybody does it," or "most people have tried it" are both INCORRECT. The truth is, the MINORITY of Americans ever use marijuana. I hate when people try to normalize the sh**. It IS addictive, it DOES have terrible side effects, and it RUINS people's lives...

    The only people who say marijuana is harmless are marijuana users. It's called "denial" people... "

    Dude, I'm sorry, but you could not be more wrong. Like poeticG said, easily over 50% of Americans have or still smoke weed. First and foremost, you cannot become physically addicted to marijuana, only psychologically addicted. Anyone can become psychologically addicted to anything. Second of all, it has terrible side effects? The only side effect people commonly get from smoking marijuana, is paranoia, and that wouldn't be a side effect if it was legalized. You seriously need to do some research, marijuana does not ruin lives. I'm sorry, but that statement is so false and so stupid it almost hurts. Marijuana does not ruin people's lives, it SAVES lives. People have cured their cancer with hemp oil. Marijuana is also an ailment for so many other countless diseases or illnesses. Overall marijuana is arguably the best, most natural medicine on this entire planet. Also "the only people who say marijuana is harmless, are marijuana users", what seriously? What about the latest studies on marijuana? The scientists who conduct the studies most-likely do not smoke. I know countless people who don't smoke who are perfectly okay with people using it because they know it is harmless and how beneficial it is. Honestly, you'd have to be a spoon-fed sheep to think that marijuana is bad for you. Yes I think that Josh Gordon is stupid for not following NFL protocol and risking his entire career and those massive pay-checks to smoke weed. It sucks though because within a couple years, marijuana will be allowed in the NFL and all he had to do was wait a couple years...awh well.

  • Pot makes you lazy, and not give a fuck.

  • Pot makes you lazy, and not give a fuck.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Pot makes you lazy, and not give a fuck.

    So does alcohol. Ironically, it also makes you much more of a dick.

  • Nah, booze makes you a bad ass. Pot makes you a pussy.

  • Nah, booze makes you a bad ass. Pot makes you a pussy.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Nah, booze makes you a bad ass. Pot makes you a pussy.

    I'd say about 47% of the posters here smoke pot, in that case.

  • @babernakle said:

    All this talk about he needs help is bullshit, for one weed is legal in a bunch of states now so now it's main stream so who cares. Two he was .01 over the limit that's one gulp of beer. How many of you fuckers leave the stadium blowed out of your skulls and drive. I don't think he's a bad kid just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. And let's remember the test he got fought on was an off season test and random due to his prior trouble. Fact is when it comes to reacrational drugs the league tells you when it's coming unless your on probation. If weed is all he had in his body that's a good thing. How many player are swimming in a sea of cocain a large number. Now I'm not saying he should not be punished. Nor should he be suspended. Give him a financal hit and help him tighten up a bit and let's play football. Fact is a lot of America smokes or has tried pot. And about 60% of people that leave a restaurant that had a drink with dinner are over the legal limit. So let's grow up shut the fuck up and watch him play

    Your post is a candidate for stupidest of the year. His needing help isn't related or represented by whether or not weed is legal in some places or how far over the legal limit he was. The collective ongoing violation of the rules at the expense of a multi million dollar career is the point. Your fact about how many of us have tried pot is irrelevant. To use your phrase FACT IS lots of us have tried it, most of us many times BUT WE QUIT TO MAINTAIN OUR CAREER. Its called priorities and responsibility. Anyone who continues to behave as he does at the risk of his lucrative livelihood definitely needs help.

    @jcam222 said:

    Your post is a candidate for stupidest of the year. His needing help isn't related or represented by whether or not weed is legal in some places or how far over the legal limit he was. The collective ongoing violation of the rules at the expense of a multi million dollar career is the point. Your fact about how many of us have tried pot is irrelevant. To use your phrase FACT IS lots of us have tried it, most of us many times BUT WE QUIT TO MAINTAIN OUR CAREER. Its called priorities and responsibility. Anyone who continues to behave as he does at the risk of his lucrative livelihood definitely needs help.

    Yup, I'd get fired immediately if I tested positive for pot- ergo, I don't smoke it- and FWIW, I gave it up long ago- gets me too paranoid.

    @tour2ma said:

    I only "tried it" once...

    The rest of the times I knew what was in store...

    As Bill Clinton said, I didn't inhale. 🙂

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Nah, booze makes you a bad ass. Pot makes you a pussy.

    I'd say about 47% of the posters here smoke pot, in that case.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'd say about 47% of the posters here smoke pot, in that case.

    and you make up 25 out of that 47%.

    go back to tebow school and help the little nigerians.

  • "The point is, to say "everybody does it," or "most people have tried it" are both INCORRECT. The truth is, the MINORITY of Americans ever use marijuana. I hate when people try to normalize the sh**. It IS addictive, it DOES have terrible side effects, and it RUINS people's lives...

    The only people who say marijuana is harmless are marijuana users. It's called "denial" people... "

    Dude, I'm sorry, but you could not be more wrong. Like poeticG said, easily over 50% of Americans have or still smoke weed. First and foremost, you cannot become physically addicted to marijuana, only psychologically addicted. Anyone can become psychologically addicted to anything. Second of all, it has terrible side effects? The only side effect people commonly get from smoking marijuana, is paranoia, and that wouldn't be a side effect if it was legalized. You seriously need to do some research, marijuana does not ruin lives. I'm sorry, but that statement is so false and so stupid it almost hurts. Marijuana does not ruin people's lives, it SAVES lives. People have cured their cancer with hemp oil. Marijuana is also an ailment for so many other countless diseases or illnesses. Overall marijuana is arguably the best, most natural medicine on this entire planet. Also "the only people who say marijuana is harmless, are marijuana users", what seriously? What about the latest studies on marijuana? The scientists who conduct the studies most-likely do not smoke. I know countless people who don't smoke who are perfectly okay with people using it because they know it is harmless and how beneficial it is. Honestly, you'd have to be a spoon-fed sheep to think that marijuana is bad for you. Yes I think that Josh Gordon is stupid for not following NFL protocol and risking his entire career and those massive pay-checks to smoke weed. It sucks though because within a couple years, marijuana will be allowed in the NFL and all he had to do was wait a couple years...awh well.

    @ledzepfan1 said:

    "The point is, to say "everybody does it," or "most people have tried it" are both INCORRECT. The truth is, the MINORITY of Americans ever use marijuana. I hate when people try to normalize the sh**. It IS addictive, it DOES have terrible side effects, and it RUINS people's lives...

    The only people who say marijuana is harmless are marijuana users. It's called "denial" people... "

    Dude, I'm sorry, but you could not be more wrong. Like poeticG said, easily over 50% of Americans have or still smoke weed. First and foremost, you cannot become physically addicted to marijuana, only psychologically addicted. Anyone can become psychologically addicted to anything. Second of all, it has terrible side effects? The only side effect people commonly get from smoking marijuana, is paranoia, and that wouldn't be a side effect if it was legalized. You seriously need to do some research, marijuana does not ruin lives. I'm sorry, but that statement is so false and so stupid it almost hurts. Marijuana does not ruin people's lives, it SAVES lives. People have cured their cancer with hemp oil. Marijuana is also an ailment for so many other countless diseases or illnesses. Overall marijuana is arguably the best, most natural medicine on this entire planet. Also "the only people who say marijuana is harmless, are marijuana users", what seriously? What about the latest studies on marijuana? The scientists who conduct the studies most-likely do not smoke. I know countless people who don't smoke who are perfectly okay with people using it because they know it is harmless and how beneficial it is. Honestly, you'd have to be a spoon-fed sheep to think that marijuana is bad for you. Yes I think that Josh Gordon is stupid for not following NFL protocol and risking his entire career and those massive pay-checks to smoke weed. It sucks though because within a couple years, marijuana will be allowed in the NFL and all he had to do was wait a couple years...awh well.

    dude you could bust all day long on anything people like to do as a recreational relief of stress.

    what do you do....yoga?

    hell, i know if i don't do my 3 miles a day i feel like i'm trapped in a cell at guantanimo.

    smoking weed, drinking some alcohol, taking some meds all go for the same effect (on the most part) to relieve stress that has built upon our society since the end of the 80s. i won't get into why that is but back in the later 70s-80s people didn't have to worry about jobs and it was party central until AIDS.

    we all know why gordon is facing suspension but don't come on here acting like weed is the devil's dick because we all know there are a lot more drugs that are worse for you than weed.

    i guess you're not up on reading current events because there is an epidemic of prescription pain medication that trumps anything else going on in this country right now.

    so calm the fuck down.

  • I hate weed and chose not use it but I do drink my share of the devil water. I get plowed here and there but shit I still have to go to work and perform. Don't start that he is great and has records in his short career so far. But if I test positive at my work I am fucking done. Case fucking closed. It is called being responsible.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'd say about 47% of the posters here smoke pot, in that case.

    and you make up 25 out of that 47%.

    go back to tebow school and help the little nigerians.

    @miktoxic said:

    and you make up 25 out of that 47%.

    go back to tebow school and help the little nigerians.

    I've never smoked anything in my life.

  • @miktoxic said:

    and you make up 25 out of that 47%.

    go back to tebow school and help the little nigerians.

    I've never smoked anything in my life.

    except hogs.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I've never smoked anything in my life.

    i swear you said you loved to smoke hogs.....you know in the parks and rec bathrooms.

  • TCPO funny 2013-2014. may his sense of humor please rest in peace.

  • except hogs.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I've never smoked anything in my life.

    i swear you said you loved to smoke hogs.....you know in the parks and rec bathrooms.

    @miktoxic said:

    except hogs.

    i swear you said you loved to smoke hogs.....you know in the parks and rec bathrooms.

    I set 'em up, you knock 'em down.

  • @miktoxic said:

    except hogs.

    i swear you said you loved to smoke hogs.....you know in the parks and rec bathrooms.

    I set 'em up, you knock 'em down.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I set 'em up, you knock 'em down.

    you gonna crawl outta your funk and make it up to cleve for the tailgate this year?

    if you go, i'll show. for real. maybe we can corncob together?

    HA!

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Yup. They would sign him on the cheap so they could jettison him at any point and have very little invested.

    Problem with that is you have to create a roster spot for a useless piece of shit.

    @topdawg31 said:

    Problem with that is you have to create a roster spot for a useless piece of shit.

    Ya you do... in 1-2 years time. I don't understand the call to cut Gordon now. As soon as he is handed his suspension his contract is void until he is reinstated (also means we don't have to have a roster spot for him until he comes back). He has 2 years left on his rookie deal (in the ball park of 1-2 million a season which is not alot by any means) and we would still have those 2 seasons when/if he comes back. I can understand cutting a guy who does this shit if he is a middle of the road player, but not one of the top guys at his position. I don't want to see the Browns lose out on a Josh Hamilton type player who has to leave his sport for a year or two to get his shit in order and then come back and dominate on another team. Support him now, hope he works his shit out, and hope he comes back clean. If he never makes it back the Browns don't lose any money, if he only makes it back for a season or two before getting in trouble again, the Brown then get 1 or 2 more seasons out of one of the best players in football. If he makes it through two season then the Browns have the chance to sign him for cheap (cause no one in their right minds would give this dude a huge contract).

    @nickers said:

    Wow..the kid gets a DWI and you all want to cut and write him off...hilarious...I Hope you all get the same kind of love and understanding when one of you drunkards gets busted...LOL!

    My thoughts exactly. People seem to forget that he is only 23 going on 24. People argue that if they were making that kind of money they wouldn't do the things he did, but at the same time peer pressure, even that this age, is a bitch, and so is addiction. I'll make the arguement that if your making that kind of money, there is less insentive to keep yourself from fucking up. He might be out for a year, but he knows he is going to have a place in the NFL if he gets reinstated. I can't count anymore how many people I have seen who drove drunk and got DUI's knowing that it was going to mean loosing their jobs and careers, all the while just scraping by knowing that they could lose just about everything with one fuck up.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I confess I have done many stupid ass things and driven drunk many times in the past (not for many years). I lucked out and never got busted. But I think Slow may be onto something with his mental state. This kid just does not seem to get it. No matter what happens he keeps repeating the same mistakes.

    The guy is dealing with addiction. I am not going to constantly trash a guy when he clearly is having some sort of mental and emotional issue. At this point I more so want to start pointing fingers at players in the Browns lockerroom. I don't know how many articles I have read where players would say something along the lines of "He's quite and doesn't talk to anyone." A guy comes onto the team like Gordon, who has a history of making poor decisions, and the guys in the lockerroom for some reason didn't try to befriend him and take him under their wings. Jackson says he needs help now. He needed help when he came into the league 2 years ago, but no one gave it to him. I understand that players want to look out for themselves cause they already have a lot of shit to worry about, but could you imagine if TJ Ward had issues like Gordon. If he did, I don't think Joe Hadan would have just sit by and let him destroy himself, he would have done everything he could to help him. But because Gordon was quite and wasn't out going, the players let him continue his self destructing behavior.

  • @topdawg31 said:

    Problem with that is you have to create a roster spot for a useless piece of shit.

    Ya you do... in 1-2 years time. I don't understand the call to cut Gordon now. As soon as he is handed his suspension his contract is void until he is reinstated (also means we don't have to have a roster spot for him until he comes back). He has 2 years left on his rookie deal (in the ball park of 1-2 million a season which is not alot by any means) and we would still have those 2 seasons when/if he comes back. I can understand cutting a guy who does this shit if he is a middle of the road player, but not one of the top guys at his position. I don't want to see the Browns lose out on a Josh Hamilton type player who has to leave his sport for a year or two to get his shit in order and then come back and dominate on another team. Support him now, hope he works his shit out, and hope he comes back clean. If he never makes it back the Browns don't lose any money, if he only makes it back for a season or two before getting in trouble again, the Brown then get 1 or 2 more seasons out of one of the best players in football. If he makes it through two season then the Browns have the chance to sign him for cheap (cause no one in their right minds would give this dude a huge contract).

    @nickers said:

    Wow..the kid gets a DWI and you all want to cut and write him off...hilarious...I Hope you all get the same kind of love and understanding when one of you drunkards gets busted...LOL!

    My thoughts exactly. People seem to forget that he is only 23 going on 24. People argue that if they were making that kind of money they wouldn't do the things he did, but at the same time peer pressure, even that this age, is a bitch, and so is addiction. I'll make the arguement that if your making that kind of money, there is less insentive to keep yourself from fucking up. He might be out for a year, but he knows he is going to have a place in the NFL if he gets reinstated. I can't count anymore how many people I have seen who drove drunk and got DUI's knowing that it was going to mean loosing their jobs and careers, all the while just scraping by knowing that they could lose just about everything with one fuck up.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I confess I have done many stupid ass things and driven drunk many times in the past (not for many years). I lucked out and never got busted. But I think Slow may be onto something with his mental state. This kid just does not seem to get it. No matter what happens he keeps repeating the same mistakes.

    The guy is dealing with addiction. I am not going to constantly trash a guy when he clearly is having some sort of mental and emotional issue. At this point I more so want to start pointing fingers at players in the Browns lockerroom. I don't know how many articles I have read where players would say something along the lines of "He's quite and doesn't talk to anyone." A guy comes onto the team like Gordon, who has a history of making poor decisions, and the guys in the lockerroom for some reason didn't try to befriend him and take him under their wings. Jackson says he needs help now. He needed help when he came into the league 2 years ago, but no one gave it to him. I understand that players want to look out for themselves cause they already have a lot of shit to worry about, but could you imagine if TJ Ward had issues like Gordon. If he did, I don't think Joe Hadan would have just sit by and let him destroy himself, he would have done everything he could to help him. But because Gordon was quite and wasn't out going, the players let him continue his self destructing behavior.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    I am not going to constantly trash a guy when he clearly is having some sort of mental and emotional issue.

    in his case the emotional issue is being DUMB.

    because we all know weed is not addictive. wanting to be mr. bling homie with his HS entourage IS.