Skip to content

Josh Gordon Troubles

The Browns Board
492 74 21.3k
  • @slowburn said:

    I need to google this "wax". the high grade kush weed around here reeks. you can smell it a mile away and you sure as hell don't want to smoke it in your house for all its pungent properties

    you have to use a vaporizer or something called a Gpen.

    @miktoxic said:

    you have to use a vaporizer or something called a Gpen.

    I work with a lot of LA people and they all have these things. Apparently they are all over in Cali and very easy to obtain. They all fly with them and TSA is oblivious. I've hit them many times in public and nobody knows shit. Ain't technology grand?

  • @miktoxic said:

    i thought my friend was smoking an ecigarette the other day....i was wondering why the guy kept smiling and was getting lifted..........turned out to be another form of weed called 'wax'.

    these dudes are nuts.

    I'm sorry but that is the best form of THC out there. Granted, I swear Ive never touched it, but that stuff is amazing. It is called wax, oil, and hash oil. You can put the oil into the vapor cartridge and nobody is the wiser...until you are laughing like an idiot and most likely drooling on yourself. Hypothetically speaking, obviously, if I were supposed to be on pain killers and had the option to use the oil, I'd go oil all day.

    @naplesbrowns420 said:

    I'm sorry but that is the best form of THC out there. Granted, I swear Ive never touched it, but that stuff is amazing. It is called wax, oil, and hash oil. You can put the oil into the vapor cartridge and nobody is the wiser...until you are laughing like an idiot and most likely drooling on yourself. Hypothetically speaking, obviously, if I were supposed to be on pain killers and had the option to use the oil, I'd go oil all day.

    Yup, read below.

    @naplesbrowns420 said:

    In California, I was using coconut oil with THC mixed into it. It was kind of like butter, and the person who made it said I could use it as such, but it did wonders for healing and pain relief. Just rub it into the areas that are bothersome, and poof, all is good. Like you said, you dont get high, but man does it work well.

    Yes, about 1% of the population is using it for pain relief- the other 99% are using it to get blasted out of their minds.

    Oh, I'm not against the use of psychoactive substances- but that in a nutshell is why pot legalization hasn't progressed farther. It isn't exactly Rocket Science to convert marijuana into hash, hash oil, "wax", or even pure THC for that matter.

    Like us oldsters said way back at Woodstock- "Life is a trip- be my guest"- but if you wind up in a psych ward with paranoid delusions- don't come crying to me.

  • @miktoxic said:

    i thought my friend was smoking an ecigarette the other day....i was wondering why the guy kept smiling and was getting lifted..........turned out to be another form of weed called 'wax'.

    these dudes are nuts.

    I'm sorry but that is the best form of THC out there. Granted, I swear Ive never touched it, but that stuff is amazing. It is called wax, oil, and hash oil. You can put the oil into the vapor cartridge and nobody is the wiser...until you are laughing like an idiot and most likely drooling on yourself. Hypothetically speaking, obviously, if I were supposed to be on pain killers and had the option to use the oil, I'd go oil all day.

    @naplesbrowns420 said:

    I'm sorry but that is the best form of THC out there. Granted, I swear Ive never touched it, but that stuff is amazing. It is called wax, oil, and hash oil. You can put the oil into the vapor cartridge and nobody is the wiser...until you are laughing like an idiot and most likely drooling on yourself. Hypothetically speaking, obviously, if I were supposed to be on pain killers and had the option to use the oil, I'd go oil all day.

    aka butter and dab. nobody's got the teenage giggles or droolin on themselves fool. it's a clearer, deeper high. where u can take one or 2 tokes in the AM and not derail ur entire day.

    but once u get annihiliated on dab the potency is so much heavier in large amounts...smoking flowers just seems like amateur hour after that.

    also pot isn't really much of a pain killer, i don't care what anyone says. but it does excel at pain management. it makes shit tolerable...like a 12 hr road trip w vs w/o. helps u ignore and overlook or look past the suck.

  • @slowburn said:

    stick a fork in him....he be done

    For this season he is indeed out the door. Don't know if he will ever see the light. A sad tale of the always famous line "What could have been". I was so pumped after last year, surely he won't fuk this up he can write his own check. But Noooooo, getting high was worth more than your team. You need to be shut down for a while, but the Browns should keep the rights to him. He maybe could be saved...

    @brnfan16 said:

    For this season he is indeed out the door. Don't know if he will ever see the light. A sad tale of the always famous line "What could have been". I was so pumped after last year, surely he won't fuk this up he can write his own check. But Noooooo, getting high was worth more than your team. You need to be shut down for a while, but the Browns should keep the rights to him. He maybe could be saved...

    knowing us, he has less hope of a recovery than Lecharles Bentley.

    other classicly odd Brown's phantom injuries:

    Daven Holly's leg.

    Gary Baxters pecs.

    Brian Hoyer's knee.

    seriously, why can't the Browns ever catch a break??

    been missing a dominant #1 since Slaughter...find a once a decade one for cheap in the 2nd rd of the supplemental...

    ...everyone was almost in place...

  • @miktoxic said:

    you have to use a vaporizer or something called a Gpen.

    I work with a lot of LA people and they all have these things. Apparently they are all over in Cali and very easy to obtain. They all fly with them and TSA is oblivious. I've hit them many times in public and nobody knows shit. Ain't technology grand?

    @erniecamacho84 said:

    I work with a lot of LA people and they all have these things. Apparently they are all over in Cali and very easy to obtain. They all fly with them and TSA is oblivious. I've hit them many times in public and nobody knows shit. Ain't technology grand?

    exactly. the non legal states need to get hip. flew w mine to belize in march and just got back from hawaii. and a gram has lasted me since like...february.

    that's daily folks.

    no tar. no carcinogens. welcome to the future.

  • No thanks.

  • @miktoxic said:

    you have to use a vaporizer or something called a Gpen.

    I work with a lot of LA people and they all have these things. Apparently they are all over in Cali and very easy to obtain. They all fly with them and TSA is oblivious. I've hit them many times in public and nobody knows shit. Ain't technology grand?

    @erniecamacho84 said:

    I work with a lot of LA people and they all have these things. Apparently they are all over in Cali and very easy to obtain. They all fly with them and TSA is oblivious. I've hit them many times in public and nobody knows shit. Ain't technology great

    no wonder the on-time percentages of domestic airlines continue to lag

  • @erniecamacho84 said:

    I work with a lot of LA people and they all have these things. Apparently they are all over in Cali and very easy to obtain. They all fly with them and TSA is oblivious. I've hit them many times in public and nobody knows shit. Ain't technology grand?

    exactly. the non legal states need to get hip. flew w mine to belize in march and just got back from hawaii. and a gram has lasted me since like...february.

    that's daily folks.

    no tar. no carcinogens. welcome to the future.

    @sisky-fringo said:

    exactly. the non legal states need to get hip. flew w mine to belize in march and just got back from hawaii. and a gram has lasted me since like...february.

    that's daily folks.

    no tar. no carcinogens. welcome to the future.

    seems like TSA should be hip to these new smoking devices by now

    you would have a lot of explaining to do if you got caught with one

  • @sisky-fringo said:

    exactly. the non legal states need to get hip. flew w mine to belize in march and just got back from hawaii. and a gram has lasted me since like...february.

    that's daily folks.

    no tar. no carcinogens. welcome to the future.

    seems like TSA should be hip to these new smoking devices by now

    you would have a lot of explaining to do if you got caught with one

    @slowburn said:

    seems like TSA should be hip to these new smoking devices by now

    you would have a lot of explaining to do if you got caught with one

    All you have to do is say you heard you could on a message board. Problem solved.

  • @sisky-fringo said:

    exactly. the non legal states need to get hip. flew w mine to belize in march and just got back from hawaii. and a gram has lasted me since like...february.

    that's daily folks.

    no tar. no carcinogens. welcome to the future.

    seems like TSA should be hip to these new smoking devices by now

    you would have a lot of explaining to do if you got caught with one

    @slowburn said:

    seems like TSA should be hip to these new smoking devices by now

    you would have a lot of explaining to do if you got caught with one

    A lot of times when they do stumble upon something like this they just throw it away (or keep it) and let the passenger go. Not worth all the trouble just for a personal use amount. TSA is worried about people blowing up the fucking plane, not sneaking a toke in the bathroom. And honestly, that's the way it should be.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    There won't be any changes to the NFL weed laws. It will be banned regardless if were legalized in all states.

    Not so fast there, diehard. Marijuana is an effective pain reliever without the physical addiction component of opioid pain relievers. I think the league would be remiss if they didn't evaluate the substantial research available on the effectivenss of pot as an analgesic. Already there are effective marijuana creams that help with pain without the user getting "high"

    as well, the feds are rattling their sabers as they consider whether to come after the league for questionable control and custody issues involving opioids and player injury treatment.

    http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/news/20100830/marijuana-relieves-chronic-pain-research-show

    @slowburn said:

    Not so fast there, diehard. Marijuana is an effective pain reliever without the physical addiction component of opioid pain relievers. I think the league would be remiss if they didn't evaluate the substantial research available on the effectivenss of pot as an analgesic. Already there are effective marijuana creams that help with pain without the user getting "high"

    as well, the feds are rattling their sabers as they consider whether to come after the league for questionable control and custody issues involving opioids and player injury treatment.

    http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/news/20100830/marijuana-relieves-chronic-pain-research-show

    I hope you have more "substantial research." I read that article and a study with only 21 paricipants with no significant statistical outcomes is not exactly a convincing way to try and change how we treat pain.

    I know marijuana has some benefits but the long-term side efffects are still just as bad, if not worse, than other medications, particularly for athletes.

  • i wouldn't risk bringing anything on a plane, for personal use or not. fucking with the tsa is something you don't want to do.

    just do what my friend does. stick it in a fedex package and have that shipped to you at your destination.

    done.

  • Or, just not be a stupid fuck and not do it.

  • i wouldn't risk bringing anything on a plane, for personal use or not. fucking with the tsa is something you don't want to do.

    just do what my friend does. stick it in a fedex package and have that shipped to you at your destination.

    done.

    @miktoxic said:

    just do what my friend does. stick it in a fedex package and have that shipped to you at your destination.

    Hope your friend is not a internet Pharmacist... 😮

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2014/07/17/fedex-charged-with-trafficking-drugs-for-web-pharmacies/12808643/

  • no. dude you know how much shit (drugs, diamonds etc.) are shipped via fedex?

    of course there is always a fool in the bunch.

  • no. dude you know how much shit (drugs, diamonds etc.) are shipped via fedex?

    of course there is always a fool in the bunch.

    @miktoxic said:

    no. dude you know how much shit (drugs, diamonds etc.) are shipped via fedex?

    of course there is always a fool in the bunch.

    Does anyone else remember when Chris Perez (former Indians' closer) got busted for having a pound of weed shipped to his house and addressed to him?

    Fortunately, the MLB doesn't give two shits about weed use.

  • fedex is privately owned and they don't have dogs at their hub.

    you would be a fool to stick a bag, a joint, some wax in a envelope and send it presuming it would get there ok using any type of transpo.

    certain precautions must be taken.

  • @miktoxic said:

    just do what my friend does. stick it in a fedex package and have that shipped to you at your destination.

    Hope your friend is not a internet Pharmacist... 😮

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2014/07/17/fedex-charged-with-trafficking-drugs-for-web-pharmacies/12808643/

    @tour2ma said:

    they'll ignore it just like the fact that they owe NYC millions of dollars in unpaid traffic tickets.

    or they could always get jimmy H's lawyers.

  • Browns have no plans to cut Josh Gordon

    Jul 21 2014, 9:47 PMGordon Brunt

    Despite the offseason troubles surrounding Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon, his spot with the team isn't in jeopardy according to head coach Mike Pettine.

    Speaking with the Akron Beacon Journal, Pettine confirmed Gordon's position with the team and the Browns' desire to assist the 23-year-old.

    "Josh is a Cleveland Brown. We want to do what’s best for him. We have a player that potentially needs help," Pettine said. "Whether it’s him or whether it’s anybody else that wears the uniform, if we can help, we’ll help.

    "We want to make our decisions always, what’s best for the player, and you try to marry it with what’s best for the team. So that’s why I don’t think that cutting him, while it may have worked for some other people, I don’t know if that’s the necessarily the best option here. It might be the worst option for both -- for us and for him. We’re going to wait and see what happens and then act accordingly.”

    The first incident to plague Gordon during the offseason was a failed drug test when he reportedly tested positive for marijuana, his second such offense, and awaits a hearing to determine his suspension. The second occurred weeks later when he received a speeding ticket while his passenger was charged with marijuana possession. And the latest ensued earlier this month when he was arrested for a DWI offense.

    Pettine was reluctant to talk about the assistance the team will provide for the troubled wideout, and expects a resolution to Gordon's appeal hearing, pertaining to his possible suspension, to materialize over the next two weeks.

    Pettine continued and explained his thought process when asked about the possibility of a season-long suspension

    “I’ve heard everything, all the possibilities, so it’s just gotten to the point where it is what it is. We’ve planned for everything, and we’re ready to go. I don’t want that to be a huge dark cloud hanging over everything and we’ve hung our hopes on it. Typical coach mentality: Expect the worst, hope for the best.”

  • Attaboy Pettine! That's what I'm talking about. For ANY other team, if they had a game changer, a game breaker, or an elite player they would not cut them. People just want to keep the Browns down and cutting Josh Gordon would be akin to doing just that. Whether he's suspended or cut he won't be on the field. So why not wait until he's able and put the monster back on the gridiron in Orange and Brown? Hell, Mike Vick slaughtered dogs and he's out there on Sundays. Josh smokes a joint and drinks a beer ! CUT HIS ASS !

    Thanks Mike, you removed a huge burden I've been carrying for a while since this all went down. Kudos Coach. Your first test has been passed, stand with your team.