Skip to content

Josh Gordon Troubles

The Browns Board
492 74 21.3k
  • With speeding tickets and having a guy with pot in his can and DWI, which they never said it was alcohol, just a substance, he will get no sympathy from the League. He probably already knows he is screded and just said F it. If the Browns let me go, I will do my time and then pull a Chris Carter.

    @cambridgeho said:

    With speeding tickets and having a guy with pot in his can and DWI, which they never said it was alcohol, just a substance, he will get no sympathy from the League. He probably already knows he is screded and just said F it. If the Browns let me go, I will do my time and then pull a Chris Carter.

    .09 BAC. It was booze. .08 is the legal level.

  • @cambridgeho said:

    With speeding tickets and having a guy with pot in his can and DWI, which they never said it was alcohol, just a substance, he will get no sympathy from the League. He probably already knows he is screded and just said F it. If the Browns let me go, I will do my time and then pull a Chris Carter.

    .09 BAC. It was booze. .08 is the legal level.

    @taco918 said:

    .09 BAC. It was booze. .08 is the legal level.

    Damn, and it was 3 in the morning. So either he didnt drink that much or waited a while to drive after a long night. Not saying him drinking and driving was not bad, just saying that any of us that go out to dinner and have 2 or 3 beers would blow the same thing. 1 standard drink per hour is what our body can get out of our system. I just dont see why you get arrested for .09. Gordon reps with probably contest it, saying it could have been a bad alco sensor. Like when was it last calibrated.

  • Sorry Mik, often I am with you but you have this one dead wrong. It is so obvious he needs professional help it's like a billboard. Trust me , I want to call him a worthless, stupid , ignorant, selfish piece of garbage to blow off steam but the reality is he is a sick young man. This is the kind of guy that will either get it sooner or later or he will die or be imprisoned. What a depressing fucking thing for a guy that is likely the best receiver the league has ever seen.

    Mik I can also assure you that today Josh is likely calling himself all those names and promising himself it won't happen again either, but it will be rinse repeat speaking from experience.

    @jcam222 said:

    Sorry Mik, often I am with you but you have this one dead wrong. It is so obvious he needs professional help it's like a billboard. Trust me , I want to call him a worthless, stupid , ignorant, selfish piece of garbage to blow off steam but the reality is he is a sick young man. This is the kind of guy that will either get it sooner or later or he will die or be imprisoned. What a depressing fucking thing for a guy that is likely the best receiver the league has ever seen.

    Mik I can also assure you that today Josh is likely calling himself all those names and promising himself it won't happen again either, but it will be rinse repeat speaking from experience.

    Chris Carter even stated recently that Gordon hasn't hit "his bottom" yet & wouldn't respond to help until & unless he does. Carter said his own "bottom" came when he was cut. We are not doing Gordon any favors by keeping him. If we do that, we're only enabling his behaviors.

    Time to part company.

    Mike

  • Man... Well it seems like the collective brownsboard mind is made up

  • The only player I was remotely looking forward to on my Browns this season. (Well... with the exception of Joe Thomas and Brian Hoyer)


    And he just had to screw it all up! What a Retard!


    If someone paid me millions of dollars to play a game and not screw up off the field I would not mess that up!


    You wanna smoke dope Josh? How about you wait until you retire and then do it. Wanna get drunk? Go ahead. BUT CALL A CAB!!!


    Jesus H Christ is it that hard to be responsible?

    Apparently it is!


    I really was looking forward to another big season from this kid but now he totally screwed himself, as well as the Browns chances for a playoff run.


    Thank you Gordon. You win the Biggest Douche in the Universe award..

  • Sad...

    I think DQ may have nailed it.

    D'Qwell Jackson ✔ @DQ52

    If you're close to Josh Gordon please help this kid, it's not about football anymore it's about picking up the pieces of his life.

    2:19 PM - 5 Jul 2014

    @tour2ma said:

    Sad...

    I think DQ may have nailed it.

    D'Qwell Jackson ✔ @DQ52

    If you're close to Josh Gordon please help this kid, it's not about football anymore it's about picking up the pieces of his life.

    2:19 PM - 5 Jul 2014

    Train wreck for sure. Drug and alcohol problems, big time. Hey Josh- it's a Holiday weekend- the cops are out in force- with nothing better to do than make some bucks for the locality handing out DUIs. The dumbest thing he did is the NFL has a 24\7 hotline for situations like this, call the 800# we'll come get you- no questions asked. It's the macho thing- I'm fine- um no, you're not.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Having worked as a counselor all my adult life I can say without a doubt this kid needs help more than he even understands at this point. Some get it right away and some lose everything before hitting rock bottom. Unfortunately that appears to be where he is headed at the moment, So far not one wake-up call has panned out for him, so outlook not so good.

    One of my counselor pals has one word on his blackboard in letters a foot high YET. Sorry Mik- the guy can't help himself- it's pretty plain to see. If you (or anyone else) had some self control- you think they would consciously toss away $50-60 million bucks driving after you've had a couple too many? Or kill yourself like Phillip Seymor Hoffman did? Gordon is gone for the year- if not indefinitely. Ag's right- he may never learn- and then he'll be broke- or dead- maybe both.

  • See user name . . .

    To Mr. Gordon

    I stopped smoking for $16/hr . . . Yeah . . . $16/hr . . . And I still buy season tickets for the perennial circus on the lake. I hope they cut your punk ass so I know that no more of my money ends up in your pipe. Also, look up Donte Stallworth, before YOU kill someone.

  • counseling this... bad decisions that... yada yada yada...

    we got a chance of him playing this year or not?

    we could use him.

    😛

  • counseling this... bad decisions that... yada yada yada...

    we got a chance of him playing this year or not?

    we could use him.

    😛

    @majorbriggs said:

    counseling this... bad decisions that... yada yada yada...

    we got a chance of him playing this year or not?

    we could use him.

    😛

    You're kidding I hope

  • I wish I was one of his friends so that I could talk some sense and watch over him. I can't believe that nobody can really to that for him.

  • And the beat goes on, and the beat goes on.

  • Can't we just cut him them resign him after he hits rock bottom so we don't have to watch him kick our ass with someone else?

  • Can't we just cut him them resign him after he hits rock bottom so we don't have to watch him kick our ass with someone else?

    @ahitz3 said:

    Can't we just cut him them resign him after he hits rock bottom so we don't have to watch him kick our ass with someone else?

    His career is shot.

  • Can't we just cut him them resign him after he hits rock bottom so we don't have to watch him kick our ass with someone else?

    @ahitz3 said:

    Can't we just cut him them resign him after he hits rock bottom so we don't have to watch him kick our ass with someone else?

    Who besides our dumb fuck front office would sign him?

  • @ahitz3 said:

    Can't we just cut him them resign him after he hits rock bottom so we don't have to watch him kick our ass with someone else?

    Who besides our dumb fuck front office would sign him?

    @topdawg31 said:

    Who besides our dumb fuck front office would sign him?

    probably every other team in the league

  • Yup. They would sign him on the cheap so they could jettison him at any point and have very little invested.

  • Yup. They would sign him on the cheap so they could jettison him at any point and have very little invested.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Yup. They would sign him on the cheap so they could jettison him at any point and have very little invested.

    Problem with that is you have to create a roster spot for a useless piece of shit.

  • Even though I hated "The Bronx Tale", the moral of that story is the case again here. "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent".

  • Man, I feel bad for Josh. The kid just can't catch a break. He obviously went to drinking to get away from the weed, so he could play this year, then he probably was having a good time and realized that he shouldn't drive until his buzz went down. He probably thought that he was good after a good bit, then he gets pulled over and he's just a fraction over the LEGAL LIMIT... unfuckingbelievable. Josh has some bad luck, I'll admit that he appears to come by it honestly.

    This looks a lot worse than it really is.

    Maybe, now he'll be forced to get a driver to take him places.

  • Coming from an aa family ( my grandma started aa for women in Cleveland) and being an alcoholic myself, this is pure addictive personality. Selfishness is the #1 trait. Weed is not physically addictive, its all mental.