Josh Gordon Troubles
-
BEREA, Ohio -- The Browns receivers put on a Cirque du Soleil show at practice Friday, as if to show the world that there is life after Josh Gordon at the position:
-
This process has taken entirely to long. Unless the delay was somehow driven by Gordon (highly unlikely) the Browns should pursue legal action to negate any ban. They have had to game plan into training camp on pure speculation as to what their receiver corp would or would not be. There is absolutely no excuse to have pushed it out this long.
-
Starting to wonder WTF is going on :
#DawgPress @DawgPressNet ยท 12m Source connected to NFL league office says "Gordon ruling will shock a lot of people" -
Alrighty then :
FantasyAlarm_NFL โ@FanAlarm_NFL 1h #Browns: Josh Gordon-WR: Josh Gordon's hearing went from 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. It will continue Monday afternoon.
And from a more legitimate source :
Fred Greetham โ@FredGreethamOBR 1h #Browns WR Josh Gordon's hearing went from 9:30 am to 7 pm and will continue on Monday per @ProFootballTalk Wow!
-
I am calling it. 4 games reduced to 2 and he plays.
-
Holy Fuck.
Well, if it was over In 10 minutes that would have been bad news.
If he plays 14+ games we are my favorite to win the division.
Z
Zombo said:
Holy Fuck.
Well, if it was over In 10 minutes that would have been bad news.
If he plays 14+ games we are my favorite to win the division.
Z
Since the NFLPA has some skin in this and are part of the proceedings (from what I've heard), maybe they're taking the opportunity to amend the CBA in regards to this issue and the HGH testing the NFL is after?
Might turn out to be win for all parties if that's the case, and would also fit in with this :
#DawgPress @DawgPressNet ยท 12m Source connected to NFL league office says "Gordon ruling will shock a lot of people" -
Well guys at least this process isn't taking very long.
-
Just some Joe that may know somebody that has something to do with the proceedings would be my best guess.
Don't know that I'd put much stock in it since the last I saw the appeal was still going on . . .
Never can tell though where something will come from.
Just some Joe that may know somebody that has something to do with the proceedings would be my best guess.
Don't know that I'd put much stock in it since the last I saw the appeal was still going on . . .
Never can tell though where something will come from.
To be continued......... Monday. Want to bet it's because Goodell will be there in person?
Zombo said:
Not for nothing, but 10 hours of top notch lawyer time is a boatload of money, plus the research. Josh is on his rookie contract, so he's not paying for it, I guess his agent is.
I hope they shock the world and I am watching Josh week 3.
Z
If he hasn't blown all of it on dope- he should still have some spare change left Z. According to Sportstrac http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/josh-gordon/ Josh has already pulled in $3 million plus, not sure how much is left after Uncle Sam takes his cut. Have no idea what one of those top tier lawyers run, but even if it costs Josh $50k, it was well worth it- if he wins.
-
we wouldn't have to worry about any of this if Gordon had just beat the shit out of his mother.
Instead he decided to be in close proximity to people burning a flower, like an ego-centric twat, and ruined everything for everybody!
Kids these days...
-
Just think of the endorsement deals he could get if he played in Denver.
WSS
-
we wouldn't have to worry about any of this if Gordon had just beat the shit out of his mother.
Instead he decided to be in close proximity to people burning a flower, like an ego-centric twat, and ruined everything for everybody!
Kids these days...
Josh's folks said they were bringing witnesses, but I did not expect 10 hours worth...
we wouldn't have to worry about any of this if Gordon had just beat the shit out of his mother.
Instead he decided to be in close proximity to people burning a flower, like an ego-centric twat, and ruined everything for everybody!
Kids these days...
lol... loved the "burning a flower" choice...
-
A week or so ago I felt that Gordon was going to be shut down for a year. With the stiff penalties that the NFL will give out for pot will be without mercy. Be gone you evil person for smoking the devil's weed (6 games 10 games, a year). Now on the other hand if I knock the shit out of my future wife and drag her lifeless body out of a elevator laying on her face for all to see on film and ONLY get 2 games off. Do the math and there sould be a chance Gordon will play sometime this year. Lets see how this plays out for how many games who should deserve to miss...
-
This is becoming increasingly nerve wracking. I have read rumours running the gamut from A to Z.
I'm praying for ya Josh. You might be a idiot, but your out idiot, a Cleveland Brown through and through. I have to venture to guess that of he pulls this off and manages a minimal or no suspension, he will be greatly indebted to the Browns orgnaization for standing behind him the entire time and not once breaking stride.
#FreeFlash
#JG:Browns Lifer
?
-
I don't disagree but he's beyond his three strikes and if it were me after my first I'm doing everything in my power to avoid a second. Gordon grabbed a third and then grabbed a fourth whether it was a contact high or not. Gordon shouldn't have been around it at all and because he was it displays were his head isn't and that clearly isn't with a brown helmet on his head. He needs a life evsluation and even as a browns fan I'd want him to grab a 16 game in the hopes of keeping him on the straight and narrow long term. Give him a couple games and it will happen again.
V, as a Browns fan, no I don't want Gordon to get the year- and not just because he's one of the top five WRs in the NFL. He gets the year- I'd say the odds are extremely high he winds up like Blackmon. It's not just the weed- it's the reckless driving, bad choice of pals, and the DUI- so if you want to take the stance he's run out of strikes- I can't disagree with you.
But if you smoke the stuff- you have to believe in Gordon's "second hand smoke" defense no? Go sit in a car for an hour or to with your pals toking like there's no tomorrow, and the car is a cloud of smoke- you don't think it's possible anyone in the car wouldn't have a trace (and that's what Gordon registered- a trace) of THC in their system- smoking or not, if they were tested the next day?
Oh, I TOTALLY agree- should the test get tossed, and everyone I talked to in the Lab today thought it should- too close to the artificially low cutoff and discrepant results- Goodell- who's scheduled to meet with Gordon next week needs to tell him. This is your last chance to fly right- don't mess it up.
Give Josh Gordon a break is all I'm saying. He's making the effort. Ricky Williams' he is not. Josh cares, maybe too much for his own good in not turning his back on those that are maybe a bad influence. I love Josh, he's a good kid/young man- If you can't see that from him by now... You are blind.
A lot of people have a lot of animosity toward Josh right now because they 'jumped to the proverbial conclusion' in their assessment of Josh Gordon's character and now have to back-track on themselves. Some people just hate to be wrong and will look to blame Josh in some other way.
#FreeJoshGordon and let the man 'be great'. To become Great, One must first overcome obstacles and endeavors, striving to break records whilst at the same time shattering those assumptions of your perceived success. Josh has all the recipes right now to hurdle from one of life's lowest points straight to the top of the NFL's highest peak. That is why this is so important an appeal. A young man's entire life hangs in the balance.
Please, make the right call Goodell. Let Gordon Play.... Let Gordon Play, Let Gordon Play, Let ...
He's not making enough of an effort PG. How many times did he get busted in college? Then at least two more in the pros. Sure I had a cough. Purple Drank and booze- a losing combination for ya Josh- got a 'scrip for it? No? Tooooo bad. Just ask Joe Haden about alderral. Since Josh got busted for a DUI, I'd say the odds Josh was doing the Drank for medicinal purposes is about zero.
PG- Ray Rice is now Gordon's best pal- at least in the court of public opinion. It will be what it will be.
V, as a Browns fan, no I don't want Gordon to get the year- and not just because he's one of the top five WRs in the NFL. He gets the year- I'd say the odds are extremely high he winds up like Blackmon. It's not just the weed- it's the reckless driving, bad choice of pals, and the DUI- so if you want to take the stance he's run out of strikes- I can't disagree with you.
But if you smoke the stuff- you have to believe in Gordon's "second hand smoke" defense no? Go sit in a car for an hour or to with your pals toking like there's no tomorrow, and the car is a cloud of smoke- you don't think it's possible anyone in the car wouldn't have a trace (and that's what Gordon registered- a trace) of THC in their system- smoking or not, if they were tested the next day?
Oh, I TOTALLY agree- should the test get tossed, and everyone I talked to in the Lab today thought it should- too close to the artificially low cutoff and discrepant results- Goodell- who's scheduled to meet with Gordon next week needs to tell him. This is your last chance to fly right- don't mess it up.
He's not making enough of an effort PG. How many times did he get busted in college? Then at least two more in the pros. Sure I had a cough. Purple Drank and booze- a losing combination for ya Josh- got a 'scrip for it? No? Tooooo bad. Just ask Joe Haden about alderral. Since Josh got busted for a DUI, I'd say the odds Josh was doing the Drank for medicinal purposes is about zero.
PG- Ray Rice is now Gordon's best pal- at least in the court of public opinion. It will be what it will be.
I 100% believe he could have failed because of second hand smoke but he should have never been around it second hand to get flagged. He was in hot water before, remove the element and he would have never been in the situation he is now.
-
Just tossing this out there, not as a jinx...
If Gordon plays this season, does Farmer's strategy of not taking a wide receiver at the draft look nearly as bad? I never minded in the first place, but if the Browns can roll out Gordon, Austin, Hawkins, Burleson... It looks a hell of a lot better to me than last season. I'd be willing to call that list (with Jordan Cameron) a STRENGTH. Far from the weakness we've been expecting.
-
Just tossing this out there, not as a jinx...
If Gordon plays this season, does Farmer's strategy of not taking a wide receiver at the draft look nearly as bad? I never minded in the first place, but if the Browns can roll out Gordon, Austin, Hawkins, Burleson... It looks a hell of a lot better to me than last season. I'd be willing to call that list (with Jordan Cameron) a STRENGTH. Far from the weakness we've been expecting.
Just tossing this out there, not as a jinx...
If Gordon plays this season, does Farmer's strategy of not taking a wide receiver at the draft look nearly as bad? I never minded in the first place, but if the Browns can roll out Gordon, Austin, Hawkins, Burleson... It looks a hell of a lot better to me than last season. I'd be willing to call that list (with Jordan Cameron) a STRENGTH. Far from the weakness we've been expecting.
From all accounts, Austin is looking like the healthy Austin of old, and that could be the quiet free agent pick up of the season.
Especially if Gordon plays (oh please, sweet Jesus) because then Austin is a #2. Baby Hawk the slot. Burleson becomes a dependable guy you can bring in at any time. Benjamin, and perhaps Charles Johnson, as deep threats and Armstrong as veteran depth. That is a impressive arsenal. Oh .. let's not forget the top young up and coming TE in the NFL and a couple RBs that are dangerous receivers out of the backfield.
I said it before, I will say it again: if Gordon plays 14+ games, with our defense, we are the favorites IMHO to win the division. That's assuming we have the Hoyer that we saw for three weeks last year. If Johnny explodes ... forget about it.
Zombo
-
Just tossing this out there, not as a jinx...
If Gordon plays this season, does Farmer's strategy of not taking a wide receiver at the draft look nearly as bad? I never minded in the first place, but if the Browns can roll out Gordon, Austin, Hawkins, Burleson... It looks a hell of a lot better to me than last season. I'd be willing to call that list (with Jordan Cameron) a STRENGTH. Far from the weakness we've been expecting.
From all accounts, Austin is looking like the healthy Austin of old, and that could be the quiet free agent pick up of the season.
Especially if Gordon plays (oh please, sweet Jesus) because then Austin is a #2. Baby Hawk the slot. Burleson becomes a dependable guy you can bring in at any time. Benjamin, and perhaps Charles Johnson, as deep threats and Armstrong as veteran depth. That is a impressive arsenal. Oh .. let's not forget the top young up and coming TE in the NFL and a couple RBs that are dangerous receivers out of the backfield.
I said it before, I will say it again: if Gordon plays 14+ games, with our defense, we are the favorites IMHO to win the division. That's assuming we have the Hoyer that we saw for three weeks last year. If Johnny explodes ... forget about it.
Zombo
Zombo said:
From all accounts, Austin is looking like the healthy Austin of old, and that could be the quiet free agent pick up of the season.
Especially if Gordon plays (oh please, sweet Jesus) because then Austin is a #2. Baby Hawk the slot. Burleson becomes a dependable guy you can bring in at any time. Benjamin, and perhaps Charles Johnson, as deep threats and Armstrong as veteran depth. That is a impressive arsenal. Oh .. let's not forget the top young up and coming TE in the NFL and a couple RBs that are dangerous receivers out of the backfield.
I said it before, I will say it again: if Gordon plays 14+ games, with our defense, we are the favorites IMHO to win the division. That's assuming we have the Hoyer that we saw for three weeks last year. If Johnny explodes ... forget about it.
Zombo
You're right but I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch.
Insane how much of a difference Gordon makes. With him our WRs are a strength. Without him its terrible.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better ๐
Register Login