Skip to content

Browns Season Preview

The Browns Board
44 14 1.8k
  • @douche-nozzle said:

    Someone not attached to Cleveland. Despite what some of you think, there is an opinion other the one in Cleveland and it is usually correct when it comes to the Browns......and yours is not!

    As noted: Browns had 6 players voted to Pro Bowl...Steelers had 2, and one of those was a lifetime achievement award....more than any other team in the division. Like I said, overall the Browns have talent probably better than any other AFCN team....except in critical spots.

    @the-gipper said:

    As noted: Browns had 6 players voted to Pro Bowl...Steelers had 2, and one of those was a lifetime achievement award....more than any other team in the division. Like I said, overall the Browns have talent probably better than any other AFCN team....except in critical spots.

    Gip, make that 5 now as Ward shuffled off to Denver. but the Nozzle is talking out his nozzle if he thinks the Browns haven't amassed some significant talent over the last couple years. Haden and Thomas are the best at their respective positions in the AFC North- and it's not even debatable. Gilbert plays up to his first round draft status and the Browns will have the best secondary in the division, hands down.

    Preseason prognostication is pretty worthless anyway. No one had KC going 11-5 and the Texans 2-14. A raft of injuries can derail any teams Super Bowl dreams- just ask the Falcons.

    Much is being made of the Squealers 6-2 run to end the season- but there's around one quality win there (Bengals). Beating the Browns twice (playing a third string qb) and an Aaron Rodgers-less Packers.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    he thinks he proved his point by asking "browns fans" what "they" think in another post. Ask the rest of the world and see what answers you get.

    c'mon. you can't blame any true fan for feeling that way. hence the term homer. i'm sure there are plenty of them in steeler country, and i might be talking to one of the biggest out there, considering you'd invade a browns board to give us grief every season.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    I don't bet on the NFL, I only bet on sure things like the friendly bet with Miktoxic. If you care to bet which team will finish higher in the AFCN, I will take a six pack from you too.

    You are on. Ill take us higher than you

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    Two six packs and counting 🙂

    yep. i'll PM you later in the season to where mine should be shipped.

    thanks again!

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    Come on Hoorta....you know what a windbag he is and how he twists things! What I said, and what I stand by, is disagreeing with his statement that "The Browns talent is probably overall better than the other three teams in the division at like 20 of the 22 starting positions on the team" He is full of his own delusion....once again. And to show you just how full of shit he is, he thinks he proved his point by asking "browns fans" what "they" think in another post. Ask the rest of the world and see what answers you get.

    OK, perhaps I overexaggerated. I should not have said the Browns have better talent than the rest of the division at 20 of 22 positions. I should have only said that the Browns have better talent than the Steelers at 20 of 22 positions.

    As for asking "Browns fans" what they think in my position by position breakdown.....I did NOT just ask Browns fans.....that thread was open to anyone at all who wishes to answer. Its just that it was posted here on this Browns Board Forum.

    You answered, didn't you? And any other Steeler trolls are welcome to answer it. and Bengals and Ravens fans.

    It was open for all these JFF only fans to anwer as well...but they only want to talk about 1 player...and not the 104 starting players in the AFCN.

    You have my permission to reprint my original thread and to get opinions from any other fan base you choose. If any more than 2-3 Steeler players were ranked best at their position...it would be miraculous.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    I can pretty much assure you that if you posted that on a Ravens, Bengals, and Steelers forum you would see drastically different results. The real miracle would be if you could get any credible source to agree with your statements.

    I am certain you would get different results.....as all those forums would be full of just as many homers as you claim are on here. I mean, have you read some of Vagitron's foolishness?

    Besides I do have one credible source: Pro Bowl Voters....that would be the players and GMs and coaches of the NFL . They put 6 Browns on the Pro Bowl, which is more than any other team in the division.

    As for any other credible source....feel free to research that question and post your findings here. Please, by all means, find an independent analysts report breaking down the 22-26 starting positions in the AFCN. I am more than curious to see it.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    How about this my friend? For every week that the Browns are guaranteed to finish last is another six pack? In other words, in week 14 when the Browns are mathematically guaranteed to finish last, you owe me 3 six packs? Conversely, if the Browns wait until week 17 to clinch last place, I will let you off scott free?

    nope. i really don't gamble because i have shit luck.

    i don't mind betting people a beer here or there but over and above that you can count me out.

  • outside the trump building yes. i don't like hair in my martinis.

    HA!

    i'm trying to think of a decent bar outside that area.... i mean the real BAR bars are on 3rd.

    let me know.

  • man, i just can't understand the fools who think they are legit writers. do you earn that nowadays opening a box of cracker jack?

    manziel above hoyer....again. i'll bet anyone on here with all their JF bravado that he doesn't start the season.

    come and get some.

    @miktoxic said:

    man, i just can't understand the fools who think they are legit writers. do you earn that nowadays opening a box of cracker jack?

    manziel above hoyer....again. i'll bet anyone on here with all their JF bravado that he doesn't start the season.

    come and get some.

    I don't think manziel will start the season.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    Since anything I can produce is subjective and anything you say is bull shit, I prefer to go with the number of games your D manages to hold off the opponent versus the number of games my D manages to hold off the opponent. After all the difference between the good TOP and the bad TOP is only 4-5 minutes......do you believe your D is so fragile that one more series is more than they can handle?

    Time of possession is usually a factor of 2-3 things: A. How well a team's offense can control the ball and sustain drives, and B. How well a defense can force the three and outs or otherwise limit drives. and perhaps C. Turnovers

    Obviously the Browns offense has been very, very poor the last several years at controlling the ball. Last year they practically had no running game whatsoever, and had 3-4 different starting QBs.

    In any close game, and the Browns had several last year, those 1-2 extra drives the Browns gave the opponents by not sustaining drives of their own and by turning he ball over can and do make all the difference. It can make the difference between a 4-12 season and perhaps an 8-8 season (or on the high end between 8-8 and 12-4).