Skip to content

What team do you guys think will come out an play this year

College Football Forum
42 9 2.0k
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I can't stand "SEC fans"..

  • I want to see how well Maryland and Rutgers play in the B1G. Mostly Maryland

    I want to see how A&M does without Johnny.

    I want to see how well Jabrill Peppers plays

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @mld-woody said:

    I want to see how well Maryland and Rutgers play in the B1G. Mostly Maryland

    I want to see how A&M does without Johnny.

    I want to see how well Jabrill Peppers plays

    I can see Maryland and Rutgers beating Indiana, Iowa, Northwestern, and maybe even meatchicken. But no way the beat Ohio State

    Sorry woody, but at this point your team is second rate in the big 10.....................or big 12..............or big 14...................whatever they want to call it

    Ohio State will ALWAYS be the favorite in this conference as long as Urban is the HC

  • @mld-woody said:

    I want to see how well Maryland and Rutgers play in the B1G. Mostly Maryland

    I want to see how A&M does without Johnny.

    I want to see how well Jabrill Peppers plays

    I can see Maryland and Rutgers beating Indiana, Iowa, Northwestern, and maybe even meatchicken. But no way the beat Ohio State

    Sorry woody, but at this point your team is second rate in the big 10.....................or big 12..............or big 14...................whatever they want to call it

    Ohio State will ALWAYS be the favorite in this conference as long as Urban is the HC

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @browns149 said:

    I can see Maryland and Rutgers beating Indiana, Iowa, Northwestern, and maybe even meatchicken. But no way the beat Ohio State

    Sorry woody, but at this point your team is second rate in the big 10.....................or big 12..............or big 14...................whatever they want to call it

    Ohio State will ALWAYS be the favorite in this conference as long as Urban is the HC

    Urban has won by 5 at home and then 1 on the road... hardly domination. I am not sure where this notion comes from that Meyer is a god and National Championships are now guaranteed. This is also the same Meyer that took a heavily favored UF team with Heisman winning Tebow into the Capital One bowl and lost to Michigan. I don't see an unbeatable HC. OSU will not ALWAYS be the B1G favorite as long as Meyer is here...

    ... of course, you should be happy if he sticks around for 5 years. He may get a headache, or lose his best player, or have an affair. Who knows...

  • S shakerkid wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Love College Football especially Alabama Crimson Tide got to stay with home team

  • @browns149 said:

    I can see Maryland and Rutgers beating Indiana, Iowa, Northwestern, and maybe even meatchicken. But no way the beat Ohio State

    Sorry woody, but at this point your team is second rate in the big 10.....................or big 12..............or big 14...................whatever they want to call it

    Ohio State will ALWAYS be the favorite in this conference as long as Urban is the HC

    Urban has won by 5 at home and then 1 on the road... hardly domination. I am not sure where this notion comes from that Meyer is a god and National Championships are now guaranteed. This is also the same Meyer that took a heavily favored UF team with Heisman winning Tebow into the Capital One bowl and lost to Michigan. I don't see an unbeatable HC. OSU will not ALWAYS be the B1G favorite as long as Meyer is here...

    ... of course, you should be happy if he sticks around for 5 years. He may get a headache, or lose his best player, or have an affair. Who knows...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @mld-woody said:

    Urban has won by 5 at home and then 1 on the road... hardly domination. I am not sure where this notion comes from that Meyer is a god and National Championships are now guaranteed. This is also the same Meyer that took a heavily favored UF team with Heisman winning Tebow into the Capital One bowl and lost to Michigan. I don't see an unbeatable HC. OSU will not ALWAYS be the B1G favorite as long as Meyer is here...

    Maybe not....but Michigan will never even be considered the best team in its own state for quite some time now. Obvioulsly from the results of last year's game we have a lot more to be concerned about from MSU than from MU. (Yea, you know, the guy that is the Jim Tressel disciple)

    ... of course, you should be happy if he sticks around for 5 years. He may get a headache, or lose his best player, or have an affair. Who knows...

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #11

    And Michigan just got a commit from the best recruit in the state over MSU. Yes, MSU has a great team and is on a hell of a run, but their recent dominance is the exception, not the rule. The downturn experienced by the RRod experiment is the exception, not the rule. I mean shit, you're pretty ancient, you should know that... You've been around....

  • And Michigan just got a commit from the best recruit in the state over MSU. Yes, MSU has a great team and is on a hell of a run, but their recent dominance is the exception, not the rule. The downturn experienced by the RRod experiment is the exception, not the rule. I mean shit, you're pretty ancient, you should know that... You've been around....

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @mld-woody said:

    And Michigan just got a commit from the best recruit in the state over MSU. Yes, MSU has a great team and is on a hell of a run, but their recent dominance is the exception, not the rule. The downturn experienced by the RRod experiment is the exception, not the rule. I mean shit, you're pretty ancient, you should know that... You've been around....

    Yes, that was the rule......and Yale has more championships than any other school.....followed by like Princeton.

    Rules change.

    As for whether or not Michigan got the best in state recruit....well, time will tell.

  • T TXDawg wrote on last edited by
    #13

    relax, it was simply a suggestion for those who like to watch football. it's not like I'm suggesting to be catholic and a muslim. just more football, that's all.

    i enjoy every single matchup, as a new member it's been fun.

    and why be a fan of the conference?

    it leads to: (btw we have to start paying players, this is embarrassing)

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #14

    My favorite College team is Alabama. Don't know why. Just is.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Are you a FRAK?

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #16

    To me Alabama are just like the Yankees of college football. It's your job to hate them.

  • To me Alabama are just like the Yankees of college football. It's your job to hate them.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @gftchris said:

    To me Alabama are just like the Yankees of college football. It's your job to hate them.

    When you add in the shadiness of Saban and the SEC, the players mysteriously taking pictures with money, the oversigning and the abuse of medical hardships, you're pretty much right.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Now that I know Woody and GFT don't like them, I think I'll buy a large Alabama pennant. 😁

  • Now that I know Woody and GFT don't like them, I think I'll buy a large Alabama pennant. 😁

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Now that I know Woody and GFT don't like them, I think I'll buy a large Alabama pennant. 😁

    I repeat, are you a FRAK?

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #20

    WHAT THE FRAK IS THAT?

  • WHAT THE FRAK IS THAT?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    WHAT THE FRAK IS THAT?

    A FrontRunnerAssKisser. A guy that jumps on the bandwagon of a winning team. You sound seriously like you are going there....I mean, I didn't see you state "my favorite college team is Iowa St." or "my favorite college team is San Jose St.". You picked the team that is winning all the titles.

    As far as I am from, unless you are from Alabama, or went to Alabama, you have no real reason, other than FRAK reasons to root for Alabama.

    I am from Ohio, I root for Ohio St. I went to Akron, I root for the Zips. (CSU has no football team but I do root for them in hoops...as I went there).

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    WHAT THE FRAK IS THAT?

    A FrontRunnerAssKisser. A guy that jumps on the bandwagon of a winning team. You sound seriously like you are going there....I mean, I didn't see you state "my favorite college team is Iowa St." or "my favorite college team is San Jose St.". You picked the team that is winning all the titles.

    As far as I am from, unless you are from Alabama, or went to Alabama, you have no real reason, other than FRAK reasons to root for Alabama.

    I am from Ohio, I root for Ohio St. I went to Akron, I root for the Zips. (CSU has no football team but I do root for them in hoops...as I went there).

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @the-gipper said:

    A FrontRunnerAssKisser. A guy that jumps on the bandwagon of a winning team. You sound seriously like you are going there....I mean, I didn't see you state "my favorite college team is Iowa St." or "my favorite college team is San Jose St.". You picked the team that is winning all the titles.

    As far as I am from, unless you are from Alabama, or went to Alabama, you have no real reason, other than FRAK reasons to root for Alabama.

    I am from Ohio, I root for Ohio St. I went to Akron, I root for the Zips. (CSU has no football team but I do root for them in hoops...as I went there).

    Politely as possible, why would I give a fuck what you think?

  • @the-gipper said:

    A FrontRunnerAssKisser. A guy that jumps on the bandwagon of a winning team. You sound seriously like you are going there....I mean, I didn't see you state "my favorite college team is Iowa St." or "my favorite college team is San Jose St.". You picked the team that is winning all the titles.

    As far as I am from, unless you are from Alabama, or went to Alabama, you have no real reason, other than FRAK reasons to root for Alabama.

    I am from Ohio, I root for Ohio St. I went to Akron, I root for the Zips. (CSU has no football team but I do root for them in hoops...as I went there).

    Politely as possible, why would I give a fuck what you think?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Politely as possible, why would I give a fuck what you think?

    It is not a question of what I think, it is a question of what you are.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #24

    So you can grow up over an hour from OSU, be much closer to other D1 schools, and attend a different D1 school.... but you aren't a FRAK by being a fan of the best team in your state?

  • So you can grow up over an hour from OSU, be much closer to other D1 schools, and attend a different D1 school.... but you aren't a FRAK by being a fan of the best team in your state?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @mld-woody said:

    So you can grow up over an hour from OSU, be much closer to other D1 schools, and attend a different D1 school.... but you aren't a FRAK by being a fan of the best team in your state?

    Are you talking about yourself? Or me, or Diehard?

    As for me.....being from Ohio is enough. Anyone from Ohio grew up basically an OSU fan...anyone that is not a scumbag turncoat.

    Making an economic choice to go to the local school is just a fact of life.

    (and here is a clue for you.....the college selection process wasn't anything back in the day that I was making the choice like it is now....especially when neither of your parents were even HS graduates and knew nothing about the college selection process....and when your HS guidance counseling about that subject was less than worthless).

    My personal choices of where to go to college probably was OSU. But economics forced me to stay at home.

    (My parental contribution?: "Yes, you can live at home while you go to school....a dorm? What is that?)