Skip to content

Greatest Guitar Riffs

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
152 16 6.3k
  • Thank you Steve, I think 😕

    I collect show dvds. One of the best I own is Pink Floyd's "Pulse"

  • AxeA Axe

    Thank you Steve, I think 😕

    I collect show dvds. One of the best I own is Pink Floyd's "Pulse"

    @axe said:

    Thank you Steve, I think 😕

    I collect show dvds. One of the best I own is Pink Floyd's "Pulse"

    I can respect things I don't particularly enjoy. I'm not a big fan of blues rock or most hard rock but I do like some. Still have a great deal of respect for a lot of those players. I think you are a hell of a guitar player from what I've heard.

    Technically I think Accept is a little bit run of the mill as far as hot guitar players go.

    WSS

  • Thank You sir! I really appreciate that .

    Accept IS simple.. And simplicity often makes for the best riffs. The youtube I posted of Accept was probably not the best one I could have selected of that particular track. Raw, but that's what rock is.. Regardless, I swapped it out for the original 84 video. 😉

    Megadeth.. Mustaine has written some classic riffs!

    Alex Lifeson!!

  • John Petrucci.........................

    This one isn't significant in the "Greatest Guitar Riffs" discussion but it's extremely significant to me.

    It cracked the wall I had thrown up, late at night on the day I buried my 20 yr old daughter..

    Pull Me Under & Under a Glass Moon aren't too bad either..

  • That pussy song by the pussy black keys from that pussy album went platinum in every English speaking first world country. Pfft. Gold.

  • This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by The Cysko Kid. View it anyway?

    Umm, no....

    Have a good life young man...

  • What a pansy ass move. Can't take the least bit of criticism even though nothing I said could be the least bit inferred as personally offensive to you. Well I can't say my heart will be broken.

  • AxeA Axe

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, no pussification here: What you posted sucks.....and you are dead wrong for thinking that piece of music is anything but a piece of shit.

    Any attempt on your part to argue otherwise means that objectively that you are a part of the pussy cat dolls that argues for subjectifiation.

    (do you prefer that attitude? 😆 )

    Actually, I find the attempt amusing 😆

    Here's some facts for you, That "pc of Shit" as you call it is the title track from a gold record.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balls_to_the_Wall

    Balls to the Wall is the fifth album by German heavy metal band Accept. European label Lark Records released the album in December 1983, but its US release was delayed until a month later in January 1984 as to not compete with the band's then-current album Restless and Wild, which had arrived in the US in early 1983. It is Accept's only record to attain Gold certification in America.[1]The album's lead single, "Balls to the Wall", became Accept's signature tune and remains a metal anthem and trademark in the genre.

    Now that metal anthem was released 31 yrs ago and is STILL considered a genre classic.. I'm going to suggest that in 31 yrs no one remembers a thing about the White Stripes (whom I personally don't have a problem with) or the Black Keys.. And Accept is still going strong..

    accept-FINAL-3-flat-OIL1.jpeg

    To be released in the US August 19th..

    Their last two efforts were OUTSTANDING! I expect this one will be as well..

    @axe said:

    Actually, I find the attempt amusing 😆

    And actually, that was the purpose

    Here's some facts for you, That "pc of Shit" as you call it is the title track from a gold record.

    I only called it a piece of shit to bust your balls on it. It may be a perfectly fine piece of music.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balls_to_the_Wall

    Balls to the Wall is the fifth album by German heavy metal band Accept. European label Lark Records released the album in December 1983, but its US release was delayed until a month later in January 1984 as to not compete with the band's then-current album Restless and Wild, which had arrived in the US in early 1983. It is Accept's only record to attain Gold certification in America.[1]The album's lead single, "Balls to the Wall", became Accept's signature tune and remains a metal anthem and trademark in the genre.

    Now that metal anthem was released 31 yrs ago and is STILL considered a genre classic.. I'm going to suggest that in 31 yrs no one remembers a thing about the White Stripes (whom I personally don't have a problem with) or the Black Keys.. And Accept is still going strong..

    Oh, I don't know about that. I mean, I suspect some people years and years ago may have said "I bet in 31 years no one remembers a thing about the Rolling Stones or the Beatles or The Who"......or "about Buddy Holly, Little Richard, Chuck Berry".

    .....I mean, some of those guys are still going strong after over 50 years.

    accept-FINAL-3-flat-OIL1.jpeg

    To be released in the US August 19th..

    Their last two efforts were OUTSTANDING! I expect this one will be as well..

  • Ya gotta point. I never thought Kurt Cobain would be talked about this long 😉

  • AxeA Axe

    Ya gotta point. I never thought Kurt Cobain would be talked about this long 😉

    @axe said:

    Ya gotta point. I never thought Kurt Cobain would be talked about this long 😉

    He sure wouldn't if he'd lived.

    In my opinion neither would Jim Morrison or Janis Joplin.

    WSS

  • AxeA Axe

    John Petrucci.........................

    This one isn't significant in the "Greatest Guitar Riffs" discussion but it's extremely significant to me.

    It cracked the wall I had thrown up, late at night on the day I buried my 20 yr old daughter..

    Pull Me Under & Under a Glass Moon aren't too bad either..

    @axe said:

    but it's extremely significant to me.

    It cracked the wall I had thrown up, late at night on the day I buried my 20 yr old daughter..

    wow. that is major league Fd up man. sorry to hear that, for real.

    sometimes we forget what is real important in life.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I said I couldn't immediately think of the solo of comfortably numb not the song.

    yeah man, no probs.

    how could we ever fuggin forget steve howe from YES?

    @miktoxic said:

    yeah man, no probs.

    how could we ever fuggin forget steve howe from YES?

    How about this classic:

  • RIP Mork ohcrap.gif

    miktoxic, thanks man..

  • Not a guitar riff, but the Doors were one of my favorities growing up. In this one Jimmy is fucked up beyond belief. Great Video.

  • this is how you learn to play the instrument

  • " My approach to solos is I go in the studio and play, try and capture them in so many otherwise, it only gets worse" 😆

    Aint THAT the truth 😁

  • I don't think about it all too much..I just let whatever comes out,comes out.. I hate thinking about what mode or key I'm in.. I just doit!

  • prolly been mentioned

    Smoke On The Water

    Deep mutha fuckin' Purple

  • prolly been mentioned

    Smoke On The Water

    Deep mutha fuckin' Purple

    @slowburn said:

    prolly been mentioned

    Smoke On The Water

    Deep mutha fuckin' Purple

    Never heard of it.

  • Deep Purple? Are they a Shallow Lilac cover band?