New Score Board Has Power Awesome!
-
well at least they have turner const. doing the job. they are top notch in their field.
i used to install and edit tape for a comm. photographer who was sub-contracted by turner to view const. progress. they were permanently place time-lapse cams which were fed to separate svhs decks inside const. boxes. instead of the all the project managers from all across the country coming in to look first hand at what was going on they could all view time lapse footage of a 2 week period to see what progress was being made.
got out of that gig just as digital was taking over. amazing at how far the tech has gone to be able to view this as a fan.
-
Why am I highly unimpressed and uninspired by what I see there.
-
Why am I highly unimpressed and uninspired by what I see there.
Why am I highly unimpressed and uninspired by what I see there.
maybe because it's dark and no one is there?
-
Why am I highly unimpressed and uninspired by what I see there.
maybe because it's dark and no one is there?
-
I must have missed something. It was light out what I saw.
Though what I have seen size wise is not that impressive.
Size matters, no?
I thought they were pretty cool looking. Those are 10Xs the size of the old ones. What do you want? The Jerry Screen?
-
i have the same ratio viewing aspect of sitting on the 50 looking at the jerry screen.....it's in my man cave and it's not affected by weather or drunken dolts that i don't know.
-
I must have missed something. It was light out what I saw.
Though what I have seen size wise is not that impressive.
Size matters, no?
LOL use the < & > arrows at the bottom of the pic. As an AV (audio visual) buff- what you're currently seeing is a bunch of RGB red-green-blue, black\white testing going on.
And "size" matters to a point. Once you reach a certain size, you have to break it down into smaller sizes. (Around 20) I'm guessing from the earthcam.
-
Well, the one thing I do notice is that this scoreboard is tending an awful lot to look like the State of Tennessee. It is more or less a parallelagram.
-
Well, the one thing I do notice is that this scoreboard is tending an awful lot to look like the State of Tennessee. It is more or less a parallelagram.
Well, the one thing I do notice is that this scoreboard is tending an awful lot to look like the State of Tennessee. It is more or less a parallelogram.
LOL, now that you mention it- it does.
Jimmy's idea? BTW, the new stands in the East end zone started going up today. PS unless I'm seriously mistaken, some folks are now going to have obstructed views in the West end zone. hope they give them a discount.
-
One side is completely up and the other has now started to go up, just the bottom row of screens has been put up but it looks as if BOTH screens will have the one side angled slightly. I didn't remember seeing them like that in the mock ups, is that correct?
One side is completely up and the other has now started to go up, just the bottom row of screens has been put up but it looks as if BOTH screens will have the one side angled slightly. I didn't remember seeing them like that in the mock ups, is that correct?
I remember seeing the angles and wondered why they would do that? Anything will be much better than what was there. I'm looking forward to the new patios and restaurants being installed under and behind the new boards.
-
West scoreboard now fully functional- go to 13:00 today (7-31). Still a lot of work to be done one the East end- concrete to be poured for the stands to the left of the scoreboard?
West scoreboard now fully functional- go to 13:00 today (7-31). Still a lot of work to be done one the East end- concrete to be poured for the stands to the left of the scoreboard?
I went through all the pictures from yesterday when they were trying to fix the left side of the board. It was cool watching the transition of everything they were going through. Eventually they got the full American flag waving on it.
The screen looks great, btw. Seems like an awesome addition to the stadium.
-
That second board is going up quick, cant wait, my tickets arrived this week.
-
Looks like that second board could be done today or early tomorrow.
-
Looks like that second board could be done today or early tomorrow.
Most of the seats are being installed,,,shaping up. Once the second score board is calibrated, it looks mostly to be putting up advertising signs.
-
Looks like that second board could be done today or early tomorrow.
Most of the seats are being installed,,,shaping up. Once the second score board is calibrated, it looks mostly to be putting up advertising signs.
Most of the seats are being installed,,,shaping up. Once the second score board is calibrated, it looks mostly to be putting up advertising signs.It will be nice
I'm looking forward to the new restaurants being constructed behind the boards, I don't know if that was in this phase or next seasons phase. I like getting into the stadium early to avoid the long lines at the turnstiles
-
Looks like that second board could be done today or early tomorrow.
Most of the seats are being installed,,,shaping up. Once the second score board is calibrated, it looks mostly to be putting up advertising signs.
Most of the seats are being installed,,,shaping up. Once the second score board is calibrated, it looks mostly to be putting up advertising signs.
Yeah- probably a week to finish installation and calibration, advertizing will go up in a matter of days.
I'm looking forward to the new restaurants being constructed behind the boards, I don't know if that was in this phase or next seasons phase. I like getting into the stadium early to avoid the long lines at the turnstiles
As to the long lines- part of the plan (next year's I believe)- is to put in more entrances to alleviate the just before kickoff crush. The SW entrance is particularly bad.
& Yeah, I'm wondering about that too. If you look at the "finished" pictures, there's supposed to be stands to the left of the East Scoreboard. The structural steel is in place- but they'd have to set up supports to pour cement, a multi day project- and then it would take weeks to cure enough to put a few hundred seats on top of it. Though it looks like they have some stuff ready to go underneath it.We'll see.
-
Most of the seats are being installed,,,shaping up. Once the second score board is calibrated, it looks mostly to be putting up advertising signs.
Yeah- probably a week to finish installation and calibration, advertizing will go up in a matter of days.
I'm looking forward to the new restaurants being constructed behind the boards, I don't know if that was in this phase or next seasons phase. I like getting into the stadium early to avoid the long lines at the turnstiles
As to the long lines- part of the plan (next year's I believe)- is to put in more entrances to alleviate the just before kickoff crush. The SW entrance is particularly bad.
& Yeah, I'm wondering about that too. If you look at the "finished" pictures, there's supposed to be stands to the left of the East Scoreboard. The structural steel is in place- but they'd have to set up supports to pour cement, a multi day project- and then it would take weeks to cure enough to put a few hundred seats on top of it. Though it looks like they have some stuff ready to go underneath it.We'll see.
Yeah- probably a week to finish installation and calibration, advertizing will go up in a matter of days.
As to the long lines- part of the plan (next year's I believe)- is to put in more entrances to alleviate the just before kickoff crush. The SW entrance is particularly bad.
& Yeah, I'm wondering about that too. If you look at the "finished" pictures, there's supposed to be stands to the left of the East Scoreboard. The structural steel is in place- but they'd have to set up supports to pour cement, a multi day project- and then it would take weeks to cure enough to put a few hundred seats on top of it. Though it looks like they have some stuff ready to go underneath it.We'll see.
Those concrete supports are alreay made. The just put them in on the metal supports....think concrete barricades on the highway, and even if they do pour, the quick cure concretes these days are ready to go in a day or two. It is on time. If it wasn't, you'd see some 3rd shift action.
As for the concessions...I think that is a part of next years project.
-
The east endzone board is up and being calibrated.....seats being installed. It may take 2-3 days for the board to be operational like the last......we are on schedule.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login