Dorsey, Peek, Cousin cut
-
-
It may come as a surprise to Bradies Ladies, but Shaun Smith DID NOT get cut.
All the shep bullshit guarantees in the world still couldn't make that one happen.
-
I don't know about Shaffer, he played okay last year. In 2007 he was above average. Put a good RG between him and Fraley and both look a lot better. Duke Robinson in the second?
I don't know about Shaffer, he played okay last year. In 2007 he was above average. Put a good RG between him and Fraley and both look a lot better. Duke Robinson in the second?
Hmmm. Interesting. I'd argue that Fraley ma de Hadnot look worse than he is. But, that's just what I saw.
The most pressure we saw was up the middle (again, I think that is Fraley just being out-sized, not out played). Domino effect. JT got beat when he had to cheat inside to help McKinney (or when Steinbach was ailing but playing anyway).
Also odd to see Dorsey go, unless he needed to get chopped so that Luke Skywalker's Brady Quinn's training can be complete and order is restored to the force.
-
It's slightly ironic that we got rid of Dorsey & Gradkowski on the same day that Luke McCown got a new 2 year deal from the Bucs that could be worth up to $14 mil.
I'm not convinced that McCown can be the guy, but he probably is worth more than the wasted late 6th Round pick we got for him. You just can't get rid of a developmental QB until you're absolutely convinced he sucks - there's just too much of a risk that some other team will end up fleecing you or getting a starting QB for free (i.e. Derek Anderson, Tyler Thigpen).
And to say something positive about Mangini, he understands this. Despite trading for Brett Favre and having Brett Ratliff emerge during last year's preseason, he kept 5th Round pick Erik Ainge as a fourth QB on the opening day roster, then stashed him on IR a few weeks into the season.
Aloysius said:
It's slightly ironic that we got rid of Dorsey & Gradkowski on the same day that Luke McCown got a new 2 year deal from the Bucs that could be worth up to $14 mil.All I have to say is suckers... the guy only has 1,600 career passing yards. Most QB's have that by week 6.
-
does this mean that they are keeping brady and da?
-
does this mean that they are keeping brady and da?
does this mean that they are keeping brady and da?
I still think DA will be traded. If you look at the free agent listing, there are a number available that won't cost a bunch & would hurt you far less than DA. It was pretty much a certainty that Dorsey would go.
Mike
-
Today's cuts mean absolutely nothing about the rest of the roster. What they mean is that those players got cut, and nothing else. More cuts are to come, and more trades are to come.
I don't think Gradkowski or Dorsey were cut from our backup position...they were our 3rd/4th stringers. So it doesn't mean that this means ManKok plans on keeping DA as #2.
-
As they watch more film, more turds will get flushed. I fully anticipate Shaffer, Shaun Smith and Andra Davis to be next.
-
I don't know about Shaffer, he played okay last year. In 2007 he was above average. Put a good RG between him and Fraley and both look a lot better. Duke Robinson in the second?
Hmmm. Interesting. I'd argue that Fraley ma de Hadnot look worse than he is. But, that's just what I saw.
The most pressure we saw was up the middle (again, I think that is Fraley just being out-sized, not out played). Domino effect. JT got beat when he had to cheat inside to help McKinney (or when Steinbach was ailing but playing anyway).
Also odd to see Dorsey go, unless he needed to get chopped so that Luke Skywalker's Brady Quinn's training can be complete and order is restored to the force.
Hmmm. Interesting. I'd argue that Fraley ma de Hadnot look worse than he is. But, that's just what I saw.
The most pressure we saw was up the middle (again, I think that is Fraley just being out-sized, not out played). Domino effect. JT got beat when he had to cheat inside to help McKinney (or when Steinbach was ailing but playing anyway).
Also odd to see Dorsey go, unless he needed to get chopped so that Luke Skywalker's Brady Quinn's training can be complete and order is restored to the force.
I'm not a big Shaffer fan, but he was on an island quite a bit. Hadnot or whomever was playing RG had to help Fraley quite a bit. Fraley was a very servicable stop gap for awhile but time really caught up to him last year. I definately think Hadnot or a FA or draft pick will be at center next year. I don't think Fraley will get cut until after someone is secured or he may come into camp to insure against injuries.
-
-
Hmmm. Interesting. I'd argue that Fraley ma de Hadnot look worse than he is. But, that's just what I saw.
The most pressure we saw was up the middle (again, I think that is Fraley just being out-sized, not out played). Domino effect. JT got beat when he had to cheat inside to help McKinney (or when Steinbach was ailing but playing anyway).
Also odd to see Dorsey go, unless he needed to get chopped so that Luke Skywalker's Brady Quinn's training can be complete and order is restored to the force.
I'm not a big Shaffer fan, but he was on an island quite a bit. Hadnot or whomever was playing RG had to help Fraley quite a bit. Fraley was a very servicable stop gap for awhile but time really caught up to him last year. I definately think Hadnot or a FA or draft pick will be at center next year. I don't think Fraley will get cut until after someone is secured or he may come into camp to insure against injuries.
I'm not a big Shaffer fan, but he was on an island quite a bit. Hadnot or whomever was playing RG had to help Fraley quite a bit. Fraley was a very servicable stop gap for awhile but time really caught up to him last year. I definately think Hadnot or a FA or draft pick will be at center next year. I don't think Fraley will get cut until after someone is secured or he may come into camp to insure against injuries.
Yeah, I wonder whether we'll actually cut Fraley. His base salary for 2009 is $1.3M - more than you'd like a backup center to make, but - like you said - he could be an okay insurance policy. His body may be beaten down to the point where you can't pencil him in as your starter, but he can gut out a good performance or two if your starting guy's injured.
And I wonder if Hadnot could be a guy Mangini axes because of character concerns. Reports were that Hadnot was so focused on getting a new contract from the old Dolphins regime that it affected his play in '07. Apparently, that was part of the reason why Parcells didn't attempt to re-sign him.
Hadnot's again in a contract year. If Mangini thinks he's going to start crowing about a new deal once he's named the starter, it's possible that he'll just get rid of him.
-
I'm not a big Shaffer fan, but he was on an island quite a bit. Hadnot or whomever was playing RG had to help Fraley quite a bit. Fraley was a very servicable stop gap for awhile but time really caught up to him last year. I definately think Hadnot or a FA or draft pick will be at center next year. I don't think Fraley will get cut until after someone is secured or he may come into camp to insure against injuries.
Yeah, I wonder whether we'll actually cut Fraley. His base salary for 2009 is $1.3M - more than you'd like a backup center to make, but - like you said - he could be an okay insurance policy. His body may be beaten down to the point where you can't pencil him in as your starter, but he can gut out a good performance or two if your starting guy's injured.
And I wonder if Hadnot could be a guy Mangini axes because of character concerns. Reports were that Hadnot was so focused on getting a new contract from the old Dolphins regime that it affected his play in '07. Apparently, that was part of the reason why Parcells didn't attempt to re-sign him.
Hadnot's again in a contract year. If Mangini thinks he's going to start crowing about a new deal once he's named the starter, it's possible that he'll just get rid of him.
Aloysius said:
Yeah, I wonder whether we'll actually cut Fraley. His base salary for 2009 is $1.3M - more than you'd like a backup center to make, but - like you said - he could be an okay insurance policy. His body may be beaten down to the point where you can't pencil him in as your starter, but he can gut out a good performance or two if your starting guy's injured.And I wonder if Hadnot could be a guy Mangini axes because of character concerns. Reports were that Hadnot was so focused on getting a new contract from the old Dolphins regime that it affected his play in '07. Apparently, that was part of the reason why Parcells didn't attempt to re-sign him.
Hadnot's again in a contract year. If Mangini thinks he's going to start crowing about a new deal once he's named the starter, it's possible that he'll just get rid of him.
would it be possible to move Fraley to somewhere else on the line, say RG? and you still have him in a backup capacity
-
I'm not a big Shaffer fan, but he was on an island quite a bit. Hadnot or whomever was playing RG had to help Fraley quite a bit. Fraley was a very servicable stop gap for awhile but time really caught up to him last year. I definately think Hadnot or a FA or draft pick will be at center next year. I don't think Fraley will get cut until after someone is secured or he may come into camp to insure against injuries.
Yeah, I wonder whether we'll actually cut Fraley. His base salary for 2009 is $1.3M - more than you'd like a backup center to make, but - like you said - he could be an okay insurance policy. His body may be beaten down to the point where you can't pencil him in as your starter, but he can gut out a good performance or two if your starting guy's injured.
And I wonder if Hadnot could be a guy Mangini axes because of character concerns. Reports were that Hadnot was so focused on getting a new contract from the old Dolphins regime that it affected his play in '07. Apparently, that was part of the reason why Parcells didn't attempt to re-sign him.
Hadnot's again in a contract year. If Mangini thinks he's going to start crowing about a new deal once he's named the starter, it's possible that he'll just get rid of him.
Aloysius said:
Yeah, I wonder whether we'll actually cut Fraley. His base salary for 2009 is $1.3M - more than you'd like a backup center to make, but - like you said - he could be an okay insurance policy. His body may be beaten down to the point where you can't pencil him in as your starter, but he can gut out a good performance or two if your starting guy's injured.And I wonder if Hadnot could be a guy Mangini axes because of character concerns. Reports were that Hadnot was so focused on getting a new contract from the old Dolphins regime that it affected his play in '07. Apparently, that was part of the reason why Parcells didn't attempt to re-sign him.
Hadnot's again in a contract year. If Mangini thinks he's going to start crowing about a new deal once he's named the starter, it's possible that he'll just get rid of him.
Probably why I would keep Fraley until the end of camp. I don't know when his 2009 salary would become guaranteed, but you can bring him to camp. I would also resign Freidman. Cheap, but solid backup at center and guard. McKinney can play both but he is too big a question mark for me.
-
Aloysius said:
Damn. Eric Young must have never fully recovered from the quad tear.I loved Young at UT and many had him as first round talent before the injury, so it's got to be pretty bad still or that rumor about a poor work ethic must be true, maybe both.
Too bad, I thought if he recovered and got his ship straight he'd be one hell of a steal and a quality started if he moved in to the right guard spot.
-
http://morningjournal.com/articles/2009/02...ts/mj595282.txt
Just an article i found on Yahoo sports from the Journal. What does it mean to you? Are we looking for a vet backup or are we gonna have another year of nonsense?
-
It means Mangini wants to find the best player to fill the position.
It means DA and BQ have both been in the league for more than two years now and Mangini isn't going to throw away a position on this roster to be a pacifier for who ever our starting qb will be.
-
Damn, got more.
Dorsey may have in fact been a good source of wisdom at one point for both BQ and DA. It's nice to know you have a guy that understands he is NEVER going to be the number one on your roster, thanks his lucky stars anyway just to be in the NFL, and becomes an asset to your team instead of a liability.
The unfortunate part is we have two guys that have been volleying for the starting role for more than a year AND both of them went down within weeks of each other making it necessary to play our 3rd guy. As great as Dorsey may be on the sideline he becomes a liability on the field.
I don't expect a lot from a 3rd string guy anyway to be honest. If I see the 3rd qb stroll out on the field I have no hope for a victory unless he's taking a knee with 12 seconds remaining. However, once that weakness is exposed on the field, I think from a coaching standpoint you have to do something different.
as far as our starter, I don't think this move shows a particular direction the Man is leaning
-
The Raiders have claimed Bruce Gradkowski.
Are there any two QB's on the face of the earth more different than Gradkowski & JaMarcus Russell? I doubt it.
-
The Raiders have claimed Bruce Gradkowski.
Are there any two QB's on the face of the earth more different than Gradkowski & JaMarcus Russell? I doubt it.
-
It means Mangini wants to find the best player to fill the position.
It means DA and BQ have both been in the league for more than two years now and Mangini isn't going to throw away a position on this roster to be a pacifier for who ever our starting qb will be.
It means Mangini wants to find the best player to fill the position.
It means DA and BQ have both been in the league for more than two years now and Mangini isn't going to throw away a position on this roster to be a pacifier for who ever our starting qb will be.
Nice observation....I think this points to the chances are good we keep both QBs this year and bring in some rookie/FA as the 3rd stringer.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login