Skip to content

Hoyer will start !

The Browns Board
265 38 9.2k
  • @tour2ma said:

    First, I have made the same post as you in the past. I expect JM to start for us sometime in 2014 and he may even be THE starter from that game on this season. That's not the point... You have a bad habit of ignoring my main point in favor of some tangential argument. This is just the latest example. It's grown tiresome.

    I see your logic as being "JM will be the starter therefore you may as well hand him the job now." If you can, please explain to me how I am wrong.

    I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

    Unlike mik, I'll ignore the last part...

    Square what you are saying NOW, with what you said before...

    Namely... square "JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY"

    with "Ex player after Ex player will tell you, you learn nothing sitting on the sidelines. Go out, make a ton of mistakes, and learn. By year 2 you're a vet."

    and

    "If youre good then getting the mistakes out of the way is the best thing for you. You learn by playing not watching."

    Seriously, resolve those stances for me because otherwise I'm left thinking you are saying "JM will never start, because he cannot get ready, if he does not start."

    It's called Boolean Algebra...

  • @tour2ma said:

    First, I have made the same post as you in the past. I expect JM to start for us sometime in 2014 and he may even be THE starter from that game on this season. That's not the point... You have a bad habit of ignoring my main point in favor of some tangential argument. This is just the latest example. It's grown tiresome.

    I see your logic as being "JM will be the starter therefore you may as well hand him the job now." If you can, please explain to me how I am wrong.

    I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

    Saying "Johnny Manziel will start a game in the NFL" is hardly a bold move.

    Saying that he's more mobile, more athletic and has higher upside is hardly a bold move.

    Saying that the Browns drafted Manziel to be their starter is hardly a bold move.

    Nothing you've said is in any way bold, foretelling, or genius.

    Manziel will start for the Browns, probably Week 1. He is more mobile and has higher upside. But Hoyer deserves his shot to stave Johnny off. So far, he has. Johnny is making up ground, certainly, but he hasn't firmly taken ahold of that starting spot.

    Until he does...he doesn't deserve it. Because, as you said, Hoyer is not a legitimate NFL QB. So, until Johnny firmly proves he's better than Hoyer, he's not a legitimate NFL QB either.

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

    Goddam dude, your act is really getting annoying.

    Of course Manziel was drafted to (eventually) start. Why the fuck else would the Browns have drafted him?

    Everyone agrees that WHEN HE'S READY, he will start. You seem to have your panties in a wad because,

    UNTIL Johnny is ready, SOMEBODY has to play the QB position. And right now, based on his admittedly limited

    past experience as a starter, that somebody is probably going to be Hoyer. Why does that make your head

    want to explode?

    The Browns are having a QB competition to determine who is going to START THE SEASON at QB. No one has ever

    said differently. Where do you come up with the statement that the competition is to determine the Browns

    long term QB? Does it offend you that JM may have to be the backup QB for however many games until he's

    ready? Is being the backup for a few games beneath him?

    Your hopeless, Charlie Brown. Utterly hopeless.

    @dste-ace said:

    Of course Manziel was drafted to (eventually) start. Why the fuck else would the Browns have drafted him?

    I'll take a stab at that one...

    Not a single QB was taken in the 2014 draft to start now. That hasn't happened since 2012, unless you think EJ Manual and Geno Smith were anything other than the best of some midling options.

    The Browns drafted JM with the belief that it was highly probable that he could develop into a solid starter with time.

  • He reminds me of that Partnership for a Drug Free America commercial back in the 80's where the

    guy is in a room walking in circles, saying "I buy coke so I can work longer, so I can make more money,

    so I can buy more coke, so I can work longer...".

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

    Saying "Johnny Manziel will start a game in the NFL" is hardly a bold move.

    Saying that he's more mobile, more athletic and has higher upside is hardly a bold move.

    Saying that the Browns drafted Manziel to be their starter is hardly a bold move.

    Nothing you've said is in any way bold, foretelling, or genius.

    Manziel will start for the Browns, probably Week 1. He is more mobile and has higher upside. But Hoyer deserves his shot to stave Johnny off. So far, he has. Johnny is making up ground, certainly, but he hasn't firmly taken ahold of that starting spot.

    Until he does...he doesn't deserve it. Because, as you said, Hoyer is not a legitimate NFL QB. So, until Johnny firmly proves he's better than Hoyer, he's not a legitimate NFL QB either.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Saying "Johnny Manziel will start a game in the NFL" is hardly a bold move.

    Saying that he's more mobile, more athletic and has higher upside is hardly a bold move.

    Saying that the Browns drafted Manziel to be their starter is hardly a bold move.

    Nothing you've said is in any way bold, foretelling, or genius.

    Manziel will start for the Browns, probably Week 1. He is more mobile and has higher upside. But Hoyer deserves his shot to stave Johnny off. So far, he has. Johnny is making up ground, certainly, but he hasn't firmly taken ahold of that starting spot.

    Until he does...he doesn't deserve it. Because, as you said, Hoyer is not a legitimate NFL QB. So, until Johnny firmly proves he's better than Hoyer, he's not a legitimate NFL QB either.

    well that sums it up pretty well for me.

    next.

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

    Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

    Unlike mik, I'll ignore the last part...

    Square what you are saying NOW, with what you said before...

    Namely... square "JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY"

    with "Ex player after Ex player will tell you, you learn nothing sitting on the sidelines. Go out, make a ton of mistakes, and learn. By year 2 you're a vet."

    and

    "If youre good then getting the mistakes out of the way is the best thing for you. You learn by playing not watching."

    Seriously, resolve those stances for me because otherwise I'm left thinking you are saying "JM will never start, because he cannot get ready, if he does not start."

    It's called Boolean Algebra...

    @tour2ma said:

    Unlike mik, I'll ignore the last part...

    Square what you are saying NOW, with what you said before...

    Namely... square "JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY"

    with "Ex player after Ex player will tell you, you learn nothing sitting on the sidelines. Go out, make a ton of mistakes, and learn. By year 2 you're a vet."

    and

    "If youre good then getting the mistakes out of the way is the best thing for you. You learn by playing not watching."

    Seriously, resolve those stances for me because otherwise I'm left thinking you are saying "JM will never start, because he cannot get ready, if he does not start."

    It's called Boolean Algebra...

    You don't understand differences in the argument of why Manziel shouldn't sit like Aaron Rodgers and why he will play when he is ready? Really?

    Its funny to me that people are going on and on and on about "Manziel Fanboys" which I'm not seeing around here. I see people who understand Manziel is the future QB and thus appropriately follow him, but I don't see any dick sucking going on like the dick sucking for Hoyer.

    Thats right. Its Hoyer Fanboys. Who so desperately want Hoyer to be the guy and they are so threatened by Manziel that they just cant take it.

    You think you're in some kind of Disney movie where the hometown down and out kid comes home and saves the team. YAY!!! You can't handle the reality.

    And thats all I care about is the reality. If it was Teddy B and you people were talking about Hoyer like this, I'd have the same things to say. It has nothing to do with Manziel and it has EVERYTHING to do with the delusional fans who think Hoyer is the next Kurt Warner (Which has been said MANY times).

    While you're all complaining about how Manziel hasn't done anything to justify the hype, take a look at Hoyer. Talk about someone who hasn't justified the hype. There is no amount of Manziel love going on around that is even a fraction of the Brian Hoyer fantasy land that has developed. Cut three times, career backup, who has started 4 games in his career and only finished 3 of them, with accuracy issues coming off a torn ACL.....and you have people saying this situation is the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation all over.

    Get you heads out of your asses.

  • you are a wall.

    a big fat fucking wall.

  • @dste-ace said:

    Of course Manziel was drafted to (eventually) start. Why the fuck else would the Browns have drafted him?

    I'll take a stab at that one...

    Not a single QB was taken in the 2014 draft to start now. That hasn't happened since 2012, unless you think EJ Manual and Geno Smith were anything other than the best of some midling options.

    The Browns drafted JM with the belief that it was highly probable that he could develop into a solid starter with time.

    @tour2ma said:

    I'll take a stab at that one...

    Not a single QB was taken in the 2014 draft to start now. That hasn't happened since 2012, unless you think EJ Manual and Geno Smith were anything other than the best of some midling options.

    The Browns drafted JM with the belief that it was highly probable that he could develop into a solid starter with time.

    OK, you said it a lot better than I did, but you know what I meant...

  • @dste-ace said:

    Of course Manziel was drafted to (eventually) start. Why the fuck else would the Browns have drafted him?

    I'll take a stab at that one...

    Not a single QB was taken in the 2014 draft to start now. That hasn't happened since 2012, unless you think EJ Manual and Geno Smith were anything other than the best of some midling options.

    The Browns drafted JM with the belief that it was highly probable that he could develop into a solid starter with time.

    @tour2ma said:

    Not a single QB was taken in the 2014 draft to start now.

    That's not a fact but quite an inaccurate generalization.

    Sure, the plan was to sit some of these guys but with the way Bortles, Manziel, and Bridgewater have played in Camp, I'm sure they could all 3 possibly start.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Unlike mik, I'll ignore the last part...

    Square what you are saying NOW, with what you said before...

    Namely... square "JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY"

    with "Ex player after Ex player will tell you, you learn nothing sitting on the sidelines. Go out, make a ton of mistakes, and learn. By year 2 you're a vet."

    and

    "If youre good then getting the mistakes out of the way is the best thing for you. You learn by playing not watching."

    Seriously, resolve those stances for me because otherwise I'm left thinking you are saying "JM will never start, because he cannot get ready, if he does not start."

    It's called Boolean Algebra...

    You don't understand differences in the argument of why Manziel shouldn't sit like Aaron Rodgers and why he will play when he is ready? Really?

    Its funny to me that people are going on and on and on about "Manziel Fanboys" which I'm not seeing around here. I see people who understand Manziel is the future QB and thus appropriately follow him, but I don't see any dick sucking going on like the dick sucking for Hoyer.

    Thats right. Its Hoyer Fanboys. Who so desperately want Hoyer to be the guy and they are so threatened by Manziel that they just cant take it.

    You think you're in some kind of Disney movie where the hometown down and out kid comes home and saves the team. YAY!!! You can't handle the reality.

    And thats all I care about is the reality. If it was Teddy B and you people were talking about Hoyer like this, I'd have the same things to say. It has nothing to do with Manziel and it has EVERYTHING to do with the delusional fans who think Hoyer is the next Kurt Warner (Which has been said MANY times).

    While you're all complaining about how Manziel hasn't done anything to justify the hype, take a look at Hoyer. Talk about someone who hasn't justified the hype. There is no amount of Manziel love going on around that is even a fraction of the Brian Hoyer fantasy land that has developed. Cut three times, career backup, who has started 4 games in his career and only finished 3 of them, with accuracy issues coming off a torn ACL.....and you have people saying this situation is the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation all over.

    Get you heads out of your asses.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    You don't understand differences in the argument of why Manziel shouldn't sit like Aaron Rodgers and why he will play when he is ready? Really?

    Its funny to me that people are going on and on and on about "Manziel Fanboys" which I'm not seeing around here. I see people who understand Manziel is the future QB and thus appropriately follow him, but I don't see any dick sucking going on like the dick sucking for Hoyer.

    Thats right. Its Hoyer Fanboys. Who so desperately want Hoyer to be the guy and they are so threatened by Manziel that they just cant take it.

    You think you're in some kind of Disney movie where the hometown down and out kid comes home and saves the team. YAY!!! You can't handle the reality.

    And thats all I care about is the reality. If it was Teddy B and you people were talking about Hoyer like this, I'd have the same things to say. It has nothing to do with Manziel and it has EVERYTHING to do with the delusional fans who think Hoyer is the next Kurt Warner (Which has been said MANY times).

    While you're all complaining about how Manziel hasn't done anything to justify the hype, take a look at Hoyer. Talk about someone who hasn't justified the hype. There is no amount of Manziel love going on around that is even a fraction of the Brian Hoyer fantasy land that has developed. Cut three times, career backup, who has started 4 games in his career and only finished 3 of them, with accuracy issues coming off a torn ACL.....and you have people saying this situation is the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation all over.

    Get you heads out of your asses.

    Go Browns

  • you are a wall.

    a big fat fucking wall.

    @miktoxic said:

    you are a wall.

    a big fat fucking wall.

    That's an insult to big fat fucking walls!

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    You don't understand differences in the argument of why Manziel shouldn't sit like Aaron Rodgers and why he will play when he is ready? Really?

    Its funny to me that people are going on and on and on about "Manziel Fanboys" which I'm not seeing around here. I see people who understand Manziel is the future QB and thus appropriately follow him, but I don't see any dick sucking going on like the dick sucking for Hoyer.

    Thats right. Its Hoyer Fanboys. Who so desperately want Hoyer to be the guy and they are so threatened by Manziel that they just cant take it.

    You think you're in some kind of Disney movie where the hometown down and out kid comes home and saves the team. YAY!!! You can't handle the reality.

    And thats all I care about is the reality. If it was Teddy B and you people were talking about Hoyer like this, I'd have the same things to say. It has nothing to do with Manziel and it has EVERYTHING to do with the delusional fans who think Hoyer is the next Kurt Warner (Which has been said MANY times).

    While you're all complaining about how Manziel hasn't done anything to justify the hype, take a look at Hoyer. Talk about someone who hasn't justified the hype. There is no amount of Manziel love going on around that is even a fraction of the Brian Hoyer fantasy land that has developed. Cut three times, career backup, who has started 4 games in his career and only finished 3 of them, with accuracy issues coming off a torn ACL.....and you have people saying this situation is the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation all over.

    Get you heads out of your asses.

    Go Browns

    @d-bone said:

    Go Browns

    Best post of this out of control thread
  • Thanks Cal

  • Once in a while I will meet a guy from Ohio whos a Steelers fan and claims it's because his father was a Steelers fan. I think thats unnatural but... As I see it if Johnny football takes the Cleveland Browns deep into the playoffs or Super Bowl and these Texas boys kids grow up rooting for the Cleveland Browns I'm good with it. I have no wish to see Brian Hoyer fail but neither do I have a wish to see Johnny football fail.

    Welcome to the pound pardners.

    WSS

  • pound partners.

    now that's an idea..........

  • pound partners.

    now that's an idea..........

    @miktoxic said:

    pound partners.

    now that's an idea..........

    The D in pardners is very important in TX Mik. And Steve I don't quite understand the whole father was a fan so I'm a fan thing, not understanding that I mean. I'm a Browns fan because of my father and grandfather, I damn sure didn't choose this crazy ass team
  • why the big fuckin uproar over who's pimpin who"? neither qb camp has a valid justification to show their guy is the guy

    it seems pretty clear to me. on the one hand you have a 4 year pro whose accomplishments are basically a three game winning streak before blowing out a knee. fundamentally he has the ability to manage a game beyond which there is not much to get your dick hard over.

    enter a overhyped cocksure rookie whose resume includes being named the best player in college football. he seems smart enough to pick up the nuances of the pro game, but, to me, the question of his durability looms in a big way

    factor in an a new coach, a new offensive scheme whose sole proven playmaker is facing a suspension of unknown length leaving a banged up tight end in the offensive playmaker spotlight.

    unknown pages of posts leaves me scratching my head. September 7 can't get here soon enough. oh, by the way, the browns open on the road at the Heinz cow pasture.

    I pissed on the bear's tombstone. war eagle

  • @miktoxic said:

    pound partners.

    now that's an idea..........

    The D in pardners is very important in TX Mik. And Steve I don't quite understand the whole father was a fan so I'm a fan thing, not understanding that I mean. I'm a Browns fan because of my father and grandfather, I damn sure didn't choose this crazy ass team

    @comeonman said:

    The D in pardners is very important in TX Mik. And Steve I don't quite understand the whole father was a fan so I'm a fan thing, not understanding that I mean. I'm a Browns fan because of my father and grandfather, I damn sure didn't choose this crazy ass team

    I'm not talking about me or talking about other Ohio natives growing up as Browns fans like their fathers. I'm talking about people from other places following the team they grew up watching with their father. I've run into a few, not many.

    And the D is the key, pard.

    WSS

  • Once in a while I will meet a guy from Ohio whos a Steelers fan and claims it's because his father was a Steelers fan. I think thats unnatural but... As I see it if Johnny football takes the Cleveland Browns deep into the playoffs or Super Bowl and these Texas boys kids grow up rooting for the Cleveland Browns I'm good with it. I have no wish to see Brian Hoyer fail but neither do I have a wish to see Johnny football fail.

    Welcome to the pound pardners.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Once in a while I will meet a guy from Ohio whos a Steelers fan and claims it's because his father was a Steelers fan. I think thats unnatural but... As I see it if Johnny football takes the Cleveland Browns deep into the playoffs or Super Bowl and these Texas boys kids grow up rooting for the Cleveland Browns I'm good with it. I have no wish to see Brian Hoyer fail but neither do I have a wish to see Johnny football fail.

    Welcome to the pound pardners.

    WSS

    I'm a Browns fan because my father was a Browns fan.

  • browns' fans looking for the franchise.

    everyday a hustlin'