Hoyer will start !
-
dude, i got your point 50 posts ago.
i'm not dumb. i get it.
be nice to see you post SOMETHING/ANYTHING else.
-
Still waiting.
-
Ranking starting qb's in the NFL just says that some qb's are with
teams with serious offensive weaknesses, and those qb's
didn't get to be successful as much. It's a bs ranking from the gitgo.
Let's just see how it all plays out, shall we?
Rankings are subjective nonsense.
-
Ranking starting qb's in the NFL just says that some qb's are with
teams with serious offensive weaknesses, and those qb's
didn't get to be successful as much. It's a bs ranking from the gitgo.
Let's just see how it all plays out, shall we?
Rankings are subjective nonsense.
Ranking starting qb's in the NFL just says that some qb's are with
teams with serious offensive weaknesses, and those qb's
didn't get to be successful as much. It's a bs ranking from the gitgo.
Let's just see how it all plays out, shall we?
Rankings are subjective nonsense.
Of course the rankings by 26 NFL front office insiders doesn't matter.
Them saying things like "Hoyer and Henne drew positive reviews as backups, but not as starters. "Hoyer is a great backup," one defensive coordinator said. "He can win some games for you, but if he had to start all 16, that's going to be tough."" doesn't matter.
Him being undrafted and cut by 3 teams in the last 5 years doesn't matter.
Him coming out of camp last year in 3rd behind Campbell and Weeden, doesn't matter.
Him coming off a torn ACL doesn't matter.
The Browns going into the draft saying they're going to draft a QB in the 1st round, and doing so, doesn't matter.
None of it matters around here. Brian Hoyer is great and if you don't think so then you're stupid and a Manziel lover. Clearly you didn't watch the Bengals game last year. Anything said to the contrary doesn't matter and means you don't know anything about football.
-
Stop with the hyperbole. Its not helping your point. I've not seen anyone say hoyer is great....rather they say it'd be nice to see what he is before we cast him aside.
So pull out the quotes, or answer tcpo (you fucking coward), or just shut your cry hole. Cause I'm certain you don't want the Cleveland contingent treating your lover boy the same way when he struggles.
And he will struggle. These fans turned on weeden in less than half a season. If the Lil guy, or hoyer for that matter, don't light it up, you'll be defending while we make the same argument against the midget as you are against hoyer.
Yes....mini-me will start at some point. Whether he's any good or not is the question.....same question remains about hoyer.
-
Stop with the hyperbole. Its not helping your point. I've not seen anyone say hoyer is great....rather they say it'd be nice to see what he is before we cast him aside.
So pull out the quotes, or answer tcpo (you fucking coward), or just shut your cry hole. Cause I'm certain you don't want the Cleveland contingent treating your lover boy the same way when he struggles.
And he will struggle. These fans turned on weeden in less than half a season. If the Lil guy, or hoyer for that matter, don't light it up, you'll be defending while we make the same argument against the midget as you are against hoyer.
Yes....mini-me will start at some point. Whether he's any good or not is the question.....same question remains about hoyer.
Stop with the hyperbole. Its not helping your point. I've not seen anyone say hoyer is great....rather they say it'd be nice to see what he is before we cast him aside.
So pull out the quotes, or answer tcpo (you fucking coward), or just shut your cry hole. Cause I'm certain you don't want the Cleveland contingent treating your lover boy the same way when he struggles.
And he will struggle. These fans turned on weeden in less than half a season. If the Lil guy, or hoyer for that matter, don't light it up, you'll be defending while we make the same argument against the midget as you are against hoyer.
Yes....mini-me will start at some point. Whether he's any good or not is the question.....same question remains about hoyer.
I've seen Brian Hoyer compared to Kurt Warner no less than 5 times on this website and in this very thread theres a debate about this situation being like the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation, and you're telling me nobody is trying to say Hoyer is great?!?!
And once again, because I think Hoyer is what he is, a backup QB, that means Manziel is my lover boy. Or is it Mini Me? Nobody has caught on that everything I saw is about how Hoyer isn't the guy and not once has there been anything saying that Manziel is good, great, or my lover boy.
This is how out of touch with reality you have become.
Oh and I don't know what a tcpo is.
-
Produce the quotes then.
Cause if it was even said, methinks you are contorting the context to imply he will mirror the career rather than the path.
Thought you were a writer mike. Good luck with the website.....those 10 hits a day will generate mad money in ad revenue.
And stop acting like this isn't about manziel. You're just going with the backhand.
-
Produce the quotes then.
Cause if it was even said, methinks you are contorting the context to imply he will mirror the career rather than the path.
Thought you were a writer mike. Good luck with the website.....those 10 hits a day will generate mad money in ad revenue.
And stop acting like this isn't about manziel. You're just going with the backhand.
Produce the quotes then.
Cause if it was even said, methinks you are contorting the context to imply he will mirror the career rather than the path.
Thought you were a writer mike. Good luck with the website.....those 10 hits a day will generate mad money in ad revenue.
And stop acting like this isn't about manziel. You're just going with the backhand.
I have no idea what any of this means.
What quotes, and do you think I'm a man named Mike with a website?
And as I pointed out in the very first post I wrote on this board, I signed up because I was SHOCKED how many people loved Hoyer and thought he was good. Everyone of my posts has been about how unrealistic people think about Hoyer. I've said, nearly 50 times I'm sure that I don't know if Manziel will be good or bad. But I'm smart enough to know that he was taken by the Browns to replace Hoyer. That seems to be the part nobody can understand around here.
You just wrote an entire post where none of it makes sense/is right.
-
...but then you went ahead and said it better anyway...
... or at least took it deeper...I'm trying to think of the last QB drafted outside of the top ten that was clearly drafted to be the immediate starter. My pride won't let it be Wheezy... although it became pretty clear that QB competition was a sham. I believe Marino qualifies since the Fins went 7-2 despite David Woodley in '82.
Looks like most recent example was the Ravens taking Flacco at #18 overall in 2008.
Interesting that you went with Flacco. He's certainly the most successful and his success does dispute my claim a tiny bit.
The thing about Flacco is that he was considered a reach at #17 by many, most analysts claimed they thought he'd be available in the early second. He was clearly taken to be their starter since they had nobody else and he had no competition throughout camp.
Flacco, like Marino, is the exception to the rule. More often than not, though, you get situations like Druckenmiller, Losman, Freeman, Tebow (kind of), etc. where the guy is available, you know you'll need a QB soon, so you take him late first and try and groom him behind another QB but it just doesn't work out.
Aside: I found this tidbit funny from CBSSports.com
Compares To: DEREK ANDERSON-Cleveland … Few quarterbacks in the NFL tower over a defensive line like Flacco and Anderson. Flacco has nowhere near Anderson's mobility moving around the backfield, but both have great confidence in their arm strength and ability to make all the throws. He has become the new girl on the dance floor in recent months, thanks to a decent showing in postseason all-star games. But be warned: Don't look at him as a product ready to step into the action at the next level. He came from a bad high school system, was held in mild regard at Pittsburgh and is basically a self-taught prospect, making him a work in progress who'll need time to learn the intricacies of the position. He probably has the best arm of any quarterback in this draft. But he also lacks experience, is unproven against top-level competition, played mostly in the shotgun and has barely adequate mobility. That combination makes him a risk if he's chosen in the top two rounds.
Interesting that you went with Flacco. He's certainly the most successful and his success does dispute my claim a tiny bit.
Only reason I went with Flacco was that the three, prior season starters for the Ravens were: Boller/ McNair/ Boller, neither of whom were on the '08 roster. Bouman and Smith backed up Flacco in '08, so it seemed obvious they were looking for a starter in a hurry and committed to him. So, ready or not, with a tight leash in place, they started him...
Tour, my statement Hoyer walks talks and acts like he has the job right now cannot be challenged, he has said it himself countless times. it's infallible.
Agree 100%... the latest comments concerning reps with the 1st vs. 2nd teamers from our two candidates only served to support the view.
im thinkin u were just ribbin' me
, but just in case here's a refresher on my stance.Who me??? Ribbin'???

And fyi to all...
What Frisky and Picasso have in common is they both went through their "blue period"...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picasso's_Blue_Period
Ya may come for football, but ya gets art history for free...
-
To all Johnny Football Fans, this is how you should do it:
"Hey guys, new to the forum. I am a huge JFF fan, and have been since high school. I don't know a whole lot about the Browns, but any team JFF plays for, I root for, so I will be learning as much as i can, as quickly as I can, so please be gentle!
I have high hopes for JFF because he's been successful at every level he has played, even when everyone around him said he would fail......... The guy just knows how to win. I know however, that this is his biggest jump ever, and his past success in no way indicates how he will do as a pro, but my hopes are high.
Hopefully the coaching staff brings Johnny along as slowly as possible, and only plays him when they feel he can handle it. I don't think any of us knows if that will be week 1 of this year, or hell, week 10 in 2 years........ Only time will tell.
So anyway, if our defense can play at an even higher level than they did last year, we should be in most games. Combine that with better coaching and a much improved running game, and we might be able to have a winning season this year, regardless of who's under center.
Oh yea.................. G O B R O W N S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Are you people really so delusional to think that anyone that thinks Brian Hoyer isn't a valid starting QB, MUST be a Johnny Manziel lover who has never watched the Browns? You can't grasp your head around the idea that Hoyer isn't very good, and the Browns need a replacement? It instantly goes to "Well no way does he see Hoyer as someone who isn't good, so it must be that he loves Manziel and has never watched the Browns". Doesn't matter how often I say I don't know if Manziel is going to be good, you never get past the point where I say "Hoyer isn't the answer" and you instantly go "Well hes just a hater". Never once have I ever alluded to saying Manziel is a clear All Pro, yet thats all hoorta can see because in his head that's the only way the amazing Hoyer loses his job.
Tell thats to the 26 NFL front office insiders that ESPN asked to rank the 32 starting QBs and ranked Hoyer 29th. They must just be Manziel lovers. Just haters. They all think Manziel is an All Pro because they think Hoyer is a backup.
Think about that arrogance Hoorta.
First, TCPO = Tim Couch Pulls Out
Are you people really so delusional to think that anyone that thinks Brian Hoyer isn't a valid starting QB, MUST be a Johnny Manziel lover who has never watched the Browns? You can't grasp your head around the idea that Hoyer isn't very good, and the Browns need a replacement? It instantly goes to "Well no way does he see Hoyer as someone who isn't good, so it must be that he loves Manziel and has never watched the Browns". Doesn't matter how often I say I don't know if Manziel is going to be good, you never get past the point where I say "Hoyer isn't the answer" and you instantly go "Well hes just a hater". Never once have I ever alluded to saying Manziel is a clear All Pro, yet thats all hoorta can see because in his head that's the only way the amazing Hoyer loses his job.
Tell thats to the 26 NFL front office insiders that ESPN asked to rank the 32 starting QBs and ranked Hoyer 29th. They must just be Manziel lovers. Just haters. They all think Manziel is an All Pro because they think Hoyer is a backup.
I know it's probably due to my low football IQ, but I see more in Hoyer than you clearly do. I see a command of the pro game that JM has yet to show. At this point neither you nor I know for a fact how good (or bad) Hoyer will prove to be because his resume' is thin. And it is the thin resume as much as anything that led to his ranking in the poll you cited.
I've seen Brian Hoyer compared to Kurt Warner no less than 5 times on this website and in this very thread theres a debate about this situation being like the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation, and you're telling me nobody is trying to say Hoyer is great?!?!
And once again, because I think Hoyer is what he is, a backup QB, that means Manziel is my lover boy. Or is it Mini Me? Nobody has caught on that everything I saw is about how Hoyer isn't the guy and not once has there been anything saying that Manziel is good, great, or my lover boy.
This is how out of touch with reality you have become.
You are seriously misreading the comparisons... and we are the ones detached from reality?
And as I have posted before, it is highly unlikely that tonite is going to settle anything... at least not for the opened minded... which you cannot be counted among.
-
Stop with the hyperbole. Its not helping your point. I've not seen anyone say hoyer is great....rather they say it'd be nice to see what he is before we cast him aside.
So pull out the quotes, or answer tcpo (you fucking coward), or just shut your cry hole. Cause I'm certain you don't want the Cleveland contingent treating your lover boy the same way when he struggles.
And he will struggle. These fans turned on weeden in less than half a season. If the Lil guy, or hoyer for that matter, don't light it up, you'll be defending while we make the same argument against the midget as you are against hoyer.
Yes....mini-me will start at some point. Whether he's any good or not is the question.....same question remains about hoyer.
I've seen Brian Hoyer compared to Kurt Warner no less than 5 times on this website and in this very thread theres a debate about this situation being like the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation, and you're telling me nobody is trying to say Hoyer is great?!?!
And once again, because I think Hoyer is what he is, a backup QB, that means Manziel is my lover boy. Or is it Mini Me? Nobody has caught on that everything I saw is about how Hoyer isn't the guy and not once has there been anything saying that Manziel is good, great, or my lover boy.
This is how out of touch with reality you have become.
Oh and I don't know what a tcpo is.
A TCPO is the guy who asked you to show us where someone said Manziel wouldn't start this season...and you've been conveniently avoiding doing that.I've seen Brian Hoyer compared to Kurt Warner no less than 5 times on this website and in this very thread theres a debate about this situation being like the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation, and you're telling me nobody is trying to say Hoyer is great?!?!
And once again, because I think Hoyer is what he is, a backup QB, that means Manziel is my lover boy. Or is it Mini Me? Nobody has caught on that everything I saw is about how Hoyer isn't the guy and not once has there been anything saying that Manziel is good, great, or my lover boy.
This is how out of touch with reality you have become.
Oh and I don't know what a tcpo is.
-
A TCPO is the guy who asked you to show us where someone said Manziel wouldn't start this season...and you've been conveniently avoiding doing that.I've seen Brian Hoyer compared to Kurt Warner no less than 5 times on this website and in this very thread theres a debate about this situation being like the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation, and you're telling me nobody is trying to say Hoyer is great?!?!
And once again, because I think Hoyer is what he is, a backup QB, that means Manziel is my lover boy. Or is it Mini Me? Nobody has caught on that everything I saw is about how Hoyer isn't the guy and not once has there been anything saying that Manziel is good, great, or my lover boy.
This is how out of touch with reality you have become.
Oh and I don't know what a tcpo is.
A TCPO is the guy who asked you to show us where someone said Manziel wouldn't start this season...and you've been conveniently avoiding doing that.
Oh that..
While he will start this season, he will not start THE season...
That ought to blow Stockman's mind...
-
A TCPO is the guy who asked you to show us where someone said Manziel wouldn't start this season...and you've been conveniently avoiding doing that.
Oh that..
While he will start this season, he will not start THE season...
That ought to blow Stockman's mind...
-
Lets see
Posts
#24#92#101#102#141#185#190
All mention that Manziel might not start THIS YEAR. So there you go. -
A TCPO is the guy who asked you to show us where someone said Manziel wouldn't start this season...and you've been conveniently avoiding doing that.
Oh that..
While he will start this season, he will not start THE season...
That ought to blow Stockman's mind...
Oh that..
While he will start this season, he will not start THE season...
That ought to blow Stockman's mind...
By your own logic, why would Manziel start at all this season? If Hoyer starts Week 1, and is as good as you think he is, then why would Manziel become to the starter in the middle of the season?
-
@everlastingxxx said:
Dont include me among those idiots. Losing Romo would be a huge loss. After watching the Browns 2013 season on NFL Rewind i was horrified to see how Weeden played. I wanted Manziel because i was worried about Romos health. Weeks later Romo is having problems throwing the deep ball and rehabbing 4 hours a day on his back. Hopefully he is ready for the season.
If you watche the Wee-Done tame and were horrified, I have to assume the Cowboys also watched it and weren't? Us Browns fans would gladly have chipped in to buy Brandon a ticket out of town.
You don't understand differences in the argument of why Manziel shouldn't sit like Aaron Rodgers and why he will play when he is ready? Really?
Yup, I understand you're playing- "heads I win, tails you lose".
Its funny to me that people are going on and on and on about "Manziel Fanboys" which I'm not seeing around here. I see people who understand Manziel is the future QB and thus appropriately follow him, but I don't see any dick sucking going on like the dick sucking for Hoyer.
Not seeing? Look in a mirror.
U R in D-Nile. Thats right. Its Hoyer Fanboys. Who so desperately want Hoyer to be the guy and they are so threatened by Manziel that they just cant take it.
The only thing us Browns fans can't take is yet another 4-12 season. And you have it wrong. It would be nice if Hoyer IS the guy & shocks the NFL- that gives the Browns a nice problem. You're the one who gives that zero possibility of happening.
You think you're in some kind of Disney movie where the hometown down and out kid comes home and saves the team. YAY!!! You can't handle the reality.
Here's the reality- Manziel hasn't taken a snap yet in an NFL game- but you covered your ass on that angle too, saying "Manziel could fail",
And thats all I care about is the reality. If it was Teddy B and you people were talking about Hoyer like this, I'd have the same things to say. It has nothing to do with Manziel and it has EVERYTHING to do with the delusional fans who think Hoyer is the next Kurt Warner (Which has been said MANY times).
Correction- we said it's at least possible, it would be a great story if it came to pass. If it was Teddy B- you wouldn't be here, I'd be willing to bet.
While you're all complaining about how Manziel hasn't done anything to justify the hype, take a look at Hoyer. Talk about someone who hasn't justified the hype. There is no amount of Manziel love going on around that is even a fraction of the Brian Hoyer fantasy land that has developed. Cut three times, career backup, who has started 4 games in his career and only finished 3 of them, with accuracy issues coming off a torn ACL.....and you have people saying this situation is the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation all over.
Get you heads out of your asses.
I'd say get your head out of Johnny's ass first. Hoyer's been cut three times yup, career backup to furture HOFer Tom Brady. Gee, Len Dawson only got cut twice. Hoyer's in good company getting axed by the Steelers- they not only cut Dawson, they cut Johnny Unitas for good measure. Kurt Warner was bagging groceries, and was a third string backup on the Rams in 1998. St Louis thought so little of him, he was available in the expansion draft. The entire NFL was so certain Burfict was a character risk, no one would touch him in the draft with a ten foot pole. You think NFL history might have been different if Atlanta hadn't traded Farve to Green Bay? Yeah, that one happened too The point is teams make mistakes in evaluation- all the time.
Im sorry "TCPO" is 7 examples enough? Because I can throw in the other examples where people were just saying Hoyer was the next ________ thus inferring that Hoyer will remain starter.
One one special post Hoorta even made the comments that because Warner, Len Dawson, and Johnny U were all cut in their careers, that Hoyer being cut 3 times in 5 years means nothing and he might be another one of them.
That one I'll cherish forever.I'd say get your head out of Johnny's ass first. Hoyer's been cut three times yup, career backup to furture HOFer Tom Brady. Gee, Len Dawson only got cut twice. Hoyer's in good company getting axed by the Steelers- they not only cut Dawson, they cut Johnny Unitas for good measure. Kurt Warner was bagging groceries, and was a third string backup on the Rams in 1998. St Louis thought so little of him, he was available in the expansion draft. The entire NFL was so certain Burfict was a character risk, no one would touch him in the draft with a ten foot pole. You think NFL history might have been different if Atlanta hadn't traded Farve to Green Bay? Yeah, that one happened too The point is teams make mistakes in evaluation- all the time.
-
Oh that..
While he will start this season, he will not start THE season...
That ought to blow Stockman's mind...
By your own logic, why would Manziel start at all this season? If Hoyer starts Week 1, and is as good as you think he is, then why would Manziel become to the starter in the middle of the season?
By your own logic, why would Manziel start at all this season? If Hoyer starts Week 1, and is as good as you think he is, then why would Manziel become to the starter in the middle of the season?
Injury.
We have a tendency to go through QB's - had quite a few changes last year, won't be surprised to see it this year (unfortunately).
-
By your own logic, why would Manziel start at all this season? If Hoyer starts Week 1, and is as good as you think he is, then why would Manziel become to the starter in the middle of the season?
Injury.
We have a tendency to go through QB's - had quite a few changes last year, won't be surprised to see it this year (unfortunately).
-
Again just want to point out that people are saying that if you think Manziel is going to start this year, you are a Manziel lover, and it has nothing to do with you understanding NFL Football.
However if you think Hoyer might be the next Kurt Warner/Len Dawson/Johnny U then it has nothing to do with being a Hoyer lover, and everything to do with understanding NFL Football.
Makes perfect sense. -
It just depends. If Hoyer struggles/reaches his potential and he is found to
say, have trouble moving like he used to....
then Manziel could step in.
But the veteran understanding of NFL defenses means a lot. And Hoyer has shown
he can win.
Throwing a rookie in there doesn't mean he should be starting because he was drafted high.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login