Skip to content

Hoyer will start !

The Browns Board
265 38 9.2k
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    A TCPO is the guy who asked you to show us where someone said Manziel wouldn't start this season...and you've been conveniently avoiding doing that.

    Oh that..

    While he will start this season, he will not start THE season...

    That ought to blow Stockman's mind...

    @tour2ma said:

    Oh that..

    While he will start this season, he will not start THE season...

    That ought to blow Stockman's mind...

    By your own logic, why would Manziel start at all this season? If Hoyer starts Week 1, and is as good as you think he is, then why would Manziel become to the starter in the middle of the season?

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    Dont include me among those idiots. Losing Romo would be a huge loss. After watching the Browns 2013 season on NFL Rewind i was horrified to see how Weeden played. I wanted Manziel because i was worried about Romos health. Weeks later Romo is having problems throwing the deep ball and rehabbing 4 hours a day on his back. Hopefully he is ready for the season.

    If you watche the Wee-Done tame and were horrified, I have to assume the Cowboys also watched it and weren't? Us Browns fans would gladly have chipped in to buy Brandon a ticket out of town.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    You don't understand differences in the argument of why Manziel shouldn't sit like Aaron Rodgers and why he will play when he is ready? Really?

    Yup, I understand you're playing- "heads I win, tails you lose".

    Its funny to me that people are going on and on and on about "Manziel Fanboys" which I'm not seeing around here. I see people who understand Manziel is the future QB and thus appropriately follow him, but I don't see any dick sucking going on like the dick sucking for Hoyer.

    Not seeing? Look in a mirror. 🙂 U R in D-Nile.

    Thats right. Its Hoyer Fanboys. Who so desperately want Hoyer to be the guy and they are so threatened by Manziel that they just cant take it.

    The only thing us Browns fans can't take is yet another 4-12 season. And you have it wrong. It would be nice if Hoyer IS the guy & shocks the NFL- that gives the Browns a nice problem. You're the one who gives that zero possibility of happening.

    You think you're in some kind of Disney movie where the hometown down and out kid comes home and saves the team. YAY!!! You can't handle the reality.

    Here's the reality- Manziel hasn't taken a snap yet in an NFL game- but you covered your ass on that angle too, saying "Manziel could fail",

    And thats all I care about is the reality. If it was Teddy B and you people were talking about Hoyer like this, I'd have the same things to say. It has nothing to do with Manziel and it has EVERYTHING to do with the delusional fans who think Hoyer is the next Kurt Warner (Which has been said MANY times).

    Correction- we said it's at least possible, it would be a great story if it came to pass. If it was Teddy B- you wouldn't be here, I'd be willing to bet.

    While you're all complaining about how Manziel hasn't done anything to justify the hype, take a look at Hoyer. Talk about someone who hasn't justified the hype. There is no amount of Manziel love going on around that is even a fraction of the Brian Hoyer fantasy land that has developed. Cut three times, career backup, who has started 4 games in his career and only finished 3 of them, with accuracy issues coming off a torn ACL.....and you have people saying this situation is the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation all over.

    Get you heads out of your asses.

    I'd say get your head out of Johnny's ass first. Hoyer's been cut three times yup, career backup to furture HOFer Tom Brady. Gee, Len Dawson only got cut twice. Hoyer's in good company getting axed by the Steelers- they not only cut Dawson, they cut Johnny Unitas for good measure. Kurt Warner was bagging groceries, and was a third string backup on the Rams in 1998. St Louis thought so little of him, he was available in the expansion draft. The entire NFL was so certain Burfict was a character risk, no one would touch him in the draft with a ten foot pole. You think NFL history might have been different if Atlanta hadn't traded Farve to Green Bay? Yeah, that one happened too The point is teams make mistakes in evaluation- all the time.

    Im sorry "TCPO" is 7 examples enough? Because I can throw in the other examples where people were just saying Hoyer was the next ________ thus inferring that Hoyer will remain starter.

    One one special post Hoorta even made the comments that because Warner, Len Dawson, and Johnny U were all cut in their careers, that Hoyer being cut 3 times in 5 years means nothing and he might be another one of them.

    That one I'll cherish forever.

    @hoorta said:

    I'd say get your head out of Johnny's ass first. Hoyer's been cut three times yup, career backup to furture HOFer Tom Brady. Gee, Len Dawson only got cut twice. Hoyer's in good company getting axed by the Steelers- they not only cut Dawson, they cut Johnny Unitas for good measure. Kurt Warner was bagging groceries, and was a third string backup on the Rams in 1998. St Louis thought so little of him, he was available in the expansion draft. The entire NFL was so certain Burfict was a character risk, no one would touch him in the draft with a ten foot pole. You think NFL history might have been different if Atlanta hadn't traded Farve to Green Bay? Yeah, that one happened too The point is teams make mistakes in evaluation- all the time.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Oh that..

    While he will start this season, he will not start THE season...

    That ought to blow Stockman's mind...

    By your own logic, why would Manziel start at all this season? If Hoyer starts Week 1, and is as good as you think he is, then why would Manziel become to the starter in the middle of the season?

    @stocktonshorts said:

    By your own logic, why would Manziel start at all this season? If Hoyer starts Week 1, and is as good as you think he is, then why would Manziel become to the starter in the middle of the season?

    Injury.

    We have a tendency to go through QB's - had quite a few changes last year, won't be surprised to see it this year (unfortunately).

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    By your own logic, why would Manziel start at all this season? If Hoyer starts Week 1, and is as good as you think he is, then why would Manziel become to the starter in the middle of the season?

    Injury.

    We have a tendency to go through QB's - had quite a few changes last year, won't be surprised to see it this year (unfortunately).

    @jafbf said:

    Injury.

    We have a tendency to go through QB's - had quite a few changes last year, won't be surprised to see it this year (unfortunately).

    Ok just so we're on the record that if Hoyer starts week 1 the only way we see Manziel is injury

  • Again just want to point out that people are saying that if you think Manziel is going to start this year, you are a Manziel lover, and it has nothing to do with you understanding NFL Football.

    However if you think Hoyer might be the next Kurt Warner/Len Dawson/Johnny U then it has nothing to do with being a Hoyer lover, and everything to do with understanding NFL Football.

    Makes perfect sense.

  • It just depends. If Hoyer struggles/reaches his potential and he is found to

    say, have trouble moving like he used to....

    then Manziel could step in.

    But the veteran understanding of NFL defenses means a lot. And Hoyer has shown

    he can win.

    Throwing a rookie in there doesn't mean he should be starting because he was drafted high.

  • @jafbf said:

    Injury.

    We have a tendency to go through QB's - had quite a few changes last year, won't be surprised to see it this year (unfortunately).

    Ok just so we're on the record that if Hoyer starts week 1 the only way we see Manziel is injury

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Ok just so we're on the record that if Hoyer starts week 1 the only way we see Manziel is injury

    Depends on how Hoyer plays.

    If he's competent I would expect him to stay in, but if he struggles I wouldn't be surprised to see a change made.

    If Pettine's the Coach I'm hoping he is, he's going to do what's best for the Team.

    I like all our QB's, but right now Hoyer is the most experienced so I'd like to see him play while Manziel gets up to speed.

    If we hadn't rushed Weeden into starting I think even he would have had a chance of being a fair (not good/great) QB, I don't want to see another QB rushed in just because he was taken in the 1st round.

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    Ok just so we're on the record that if Hoyer starts week 1 the only way we see Manziel is injury

    Depends on how Hoyer plays.

    If he's competent I would expect him to stay in, but if he struggles I wouldn't be surprised to see a change made.

    If Pettine's the Coach I'm hoping he is, he's going to do what's best for the Team.

    I like all our QB's, but right now Hoyer is the most experienced so I'd like to see him play while Manziel gets up to speed.

    If we hadn't rushed Weeden into starting I think even he would have had a chance of being a fair (not good/great) QB, I don't want to see another QB rushed in just because he was taken in the 1st round.

    @jafbf said:

    Depends on how Hoyer plays.

    If he's competent I would expect him to stay in, but if he struggles I wouldn't be surprised to see a change made.

    If Pettine's the Coach I'm hoping he is, he's going to do what's best for the Team.

    I like all our QB's, but right now Hoyer is the most experienced so I'd like to see him play while Manziel gets up to speed.

    If we hadn't rushed Weeden into starting I think even he would have had a chance of being a fair (not good/great) QB, I don't want to see another QB rushed in just because he was taken in the 1st round.

    Ok then we can agree that if Hoyer starts Week 1 and Manziel ends up the starter, not because of injury, it'll be because Hoyer is a backup QB and not the next Kurt Warner....agreed?

  • This clown is worth debating with. He puts words in your mouth and avoids directly answering retorts.

    As you all haven't been able to tell yet, he really should be the head coach and gm of the Browns. The Browns, as well as the rest of us, just haven't caught up yet.

  • This clown is worth debating with. He puts words in your mouth and avoids directly answering retorts.

    As you all haven't been able to tell yet, he really should be the head coach and gm of the Browns. The Browns, as well as the rest of us, just haven't caught up yet.

    @usfbrown said:

    This clown is worth debating with. He puts words in your mouth and avoids directly answering retorts.

    As you all haven't been able to tell yet, he really should be the head coach and gm of the Browns. The Browns, as well as the rest of us, just haven't caught up yet.

    Because I'm telling you Hoyer isn't the guy?

    That's funny because the real Coach and GM of the Browns already told you Hoyer wasn't the guy by drafting a QB in round 1. That was their clue to the rest of you that Hoyer, is a backup QB.

  • Im sorry "TCPO" is 7 examples enough? Because I can throw in the other examples where people were just saying Hoyer was the next ________ thus inferring that Hoyer will remain starter.

    One one special post Hoorta even made the comments that because Warner, Len Dawson, and Johnny U were all cut in their careers, that Hoyer being cut 3 times in 5 years means nothing and he might be another one of them.

    That one I'll cherish forever.

    @hoorta said:

    I'd say get your head out of Johnny's ass first. Hoyer's been cut three times yup, career backup to furture HOFer Tom Brady. Gee, Len Dawson only got cut twice. Hoyer's in good company getting axed by the Steelers- they not only cut Dawson, they cut Johnny Unitas for good measure. Kurt Warner was bagging groceries, and was a third string backup on the Rams in 1998. St Louis thought so little of him, he was available in the expansion draft. The entire NFL was so certain Burfict was a character risk, no one would touch him in the draft with a ten foot pole. You think NFL history might have been different if Atlanta hadn't traded Farve to Green Bay? Yeah, that one happened too The point is teams make mistakes in evaluation- all the time.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Im sorry "TCPO" is 7 examples enough? Because I can throw in the other examples where people were just saying Hoyer was the next ________ thus inferring that Hoyer will remain starter.

    One one special post Hoorta even made the comments that because Warner, Len Dawson, and Johnny U were all cut in their careers, that Hoyer being cut 3 times in 5 years means nothing and he might be another one of them.

    That one I'll cherish forever.

    "Might not" is not the same as "won't". Nor is claiming that Hoyer might be a solid quarterback the same as saying Manziel will never start.

    You seem to think that hoping Hoyer turns out to be better than anticipated is the same as saying Manziel will never be a starter. Wishes and reality are two separate entities.

    Nobody here has said "Manziel isn't going to start for the Browns". Nobody here has said that Manziel wasn't drafted to be the Browns starter.

    Manziel will start. He probably will start Week 1. He was taken to be the Browns franchise QB. That's undeniable fact. However, Pettine himself said he has to earn the job.

    If Hoyer is as shitty as you claim, Manziel should have had no problem earning the spot immediately. But he didn't. He struggled learning the playbook, as many rookie quarterbacks do.

    That doesn't mean he'll never beat out Hoyer. He will. The offense is becoming second nature to him, allowing him to think less and react faster. He will take the starting job.

    Your pussy is bruised because Manziel didn't take the starting job immediately and you're taking it badly. That's fine, but don't like it's anything other than that.

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    Im sorry "TCPO" is 7 examples enough? Because I can throw in the other examples where people were just saying Hoyer was the next ________ thus inferring that Hoyer will remain starter.

    One one special post Hoorta even made the comments that because Warner, Len Dawson, and Johnny U were all cut in their careers, that Hoyer being cut 3 times in 5 years means nothing and he might be another one of them.

    That one I'll cherish forever.

    "Might not" is not the same as "won't". Nor is claiming that Hoyer might be a solid quarterback the same as saying Manziel will never start.

    You seem to think that hoping Hoyer turns out to be better than anticipated is the same as saying Manziel will never be a starter. Wishes and reality are two separate entities.

    Nobody here has said "Manziel isn't going to start for the Browns". Nobody here has said that Manziel wasn't drafted to be the Browns starter.

    Manziel will start. He probably will start Week 1. He was taken to be the Browns franchise QB. That's undeniable fact. However, Pettine himself said he has to earn the job.

    If Hoyer is as shitty as you claim, Manziel should have had no problem earning the spot immediately. But he didn't. He struggled learning the playbook, as many rookie quarterbacks do.

    That doesn't mean he'll never beat out Hoyer. He will. The offense is becoming second nature to him, allowing him to think less and react faster. He will take the starting job.

    Your pussy is bruised because Manziel didn't take the starting job immediately and you're taking it badly. That's fine, but don't like it's anything other than that.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    "Might not" is not the same as "won't". Nor is claiming that Hoyer might be a solid quarterback the same as saying Manziel will never start.

    You seem to think that hoping Hoyer turns out to be better than anticipated is the same as saying Manziel will never be a starter. Wishes and reality are two separate entities.

    Nobody here has said "Manziel isn't going to start for the Browns". Nobody here has said that Manziel wasn't drafted to be the Browns starter.

    Manziel will start. He probably will start Week 1. He was taken to be the Browns franchise QB. That's undeniable fact. However, Pettine himself said he has to earn the job.

    If Hoyer is as shitty as you claim, Manziel should have had no problem earning the spot immediately. But he didn't. He struggled learning the playbook, as many rookie quarterbacks do.

    That doesn't mean he'll never beat out Hoyer. He will. The offense is becoming second nature to him, allowing him to think less and react faster. He will take the starting job.

    Your pussy is bruised because Manziel didn't take the starting job immediately and you're taking it badly. That's fine, but don't like it's anything other than that.

    Once again, proving that being realistic about Hoyer makes you not knowledgeable, but instead a "Manziel lover".

    Oh yeah and good call on saying nobody said Manziel wasn't drafted to be the starter, post #185

    @sisky-fringo said:

    they did not draft JFF to be the starter.

    Looking real good TCPO. Good calls all around.

  • Dude, go away. At this point, you are nothing more than a troll. You are not a Browns fan. None of us consider you a Browns fan. You suck. Browns rule. It's opening day for our Browns and you aren't going to bring me down. Go somewhere where you can be productive. Loser.

  • I know what a troll non Browns fan I must be.

    When I went to family day and live posted it, I did it just to troll you. I mean I didn't have to, all you real Browns fans were there anyway, right.....right? Wait Right? All of you were there, I mean if me, the fake Browns fan, was there, then all of you who are so much bigger Browns fans than me mustve been there, certainly....right?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    "Might not" is not the same as "won't". Nor is claiming that Hoyer might be a solid quarterback the same as saying Manziel will never start.

    You seem to think that hoping Hoyer turns out to be better than anticipated is the same as saying Manziel will never be a starter. Wishes and reality are two separate entities.

    Nobody here has said "Manziel isn't going to start for the Browns". Nobody here has said that Manziel wasn't drafted to be the Browns starter.

    Manziel will start. He probably will start Week 1. He was taken to be the Browns franchise QB. That's undeniable fact. However, Pettine himself said he has to earn the job.

    If Hoyer is as shitty as you claim, Manziel should have had no problem earning the spot immediately. But he didn't. He struggled learning the playbook, as many rookie quarterbacks do.

    That doesn't mean he'll never beat out Hoyer. He will. The offense is becoming second nature to him, allowing him to think less and react faster. He will take the starting job.

    Your pussy is bruised because Manziel didn't take the starting job immediately and you're taking it badly. That's fine, but don't like it's anything other than that.

    Once again, proving that being realistic about Hoyer makes you not knowledgeable, but instead a "Manziel lover".

    Oh yeah and good call on saying nobody said Manziel wasn't drafted to be the starter, post #185

    @sisky-fringo said:

    they did not draft JFF to be the starter.

    Looking real good TCPO. Good calls all around.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Once again, proving that being realistic about Hoyer makes you not knowledgeable, but instead a "Manziel lover".

    Oh yeah and good call on saying nobody said Manziel wasn't drafted to be the starter, post #185

    Looking real good TCPO. Good calls all around.

    Okay, I admit I didn't see that. And I don't agree with sisky on that front.

    The thing is, we're saying the same things. But you're so blinded by whatever it is you think you're trying to prove that you don't realize it.

    Maybe you'll consider my opinion more because I, too, am a "Manziel lover".

    Fuck Hoyer. Dude is a 30 year old with shit stats and a handful of starts

    Oh, he's from Cleveland? Must be great.

    Guy sucks a bag of dicks.

    What exactly makes Hoyer the guaranteed starter? His mediocre performance against the leagues worst passing defense? His mediocre performance against a defense missing 3 of their 4 defensive backfield starters?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Oh that..

    While he will start this season, he will not start THE season...

    That ought to blow Stockman's mind...

    By your own logic, why would Manziel start at all this season? If Hoyer starts Week 1, and is as good as you think he is, then why would Manziel become to the starter in the middle of the season?

    @stocktonshorts said:

    By your own logic, why would Manziel start at all this season? If Hoyer starts Week 1, and is as good as you think he is, then why would Manziel become to the starter in the middle of the season?

    If Hoyer is as good as I think he can be, which is all I have ever said, then it will be a while before JM starts. I never said "middle of the season". I really do not know where your head is...

    Subject to revision based upon what I see this preseason, I think we are an 8-8 team due to numerous factors. I said so in a prediction thread that was started before you graced this board with your presence. And that is with BH as our starter... force me to start JM and my prediction would drop... but let's set that aside for now.

    Even if BH plays well, at some point in an 8-8 season I believe the temptation will be there to "ready or not, see what the kid can do". That could come as early as week 5 (as many talking-heads have predicted) or late in the season, if it is clear that the playoffs are not in reach.

    And injury could be a factor in the above... and not just at the QB spot.

  • You guys need to be careful. You can trip and fall backpedaling that hard.

  • @usfbrown said:

    This clown is worth debating with. He puts words in your mouth and avoids directly answering retorts.

    As you all haven't been able to tell yet, he really should be the head coach and gm of the Browns. The Browns, as well as the rest of us, just haven't caught up yet.

    Because I'm telling you Hoyer isn't the guy?

    That's funny because the real Coach and GM of the Browns already told you Hoyer wasn't the guy by drafting a QB in round 1. That was their clue to the rest of you that Hoyer, is a backup QB.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Because I'm telling you Hoyer isn't the guy?

    That's funny because the real Coach and GM of the Browns already told you Hoyer wasn't the guy by drafting a QB in round 1. That was their clue to the rest of you that Hoyer, is a backup QB.

    Point proven. Thank you.

  • You guys need to be careful. You can trip and fall backpedaling that hard.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    You guys need to be careful. You can trip and fall backpedaling that hard.

    Or maybe you need to do a little research before you post.

    It's like growing a scum stache and wearing a flat brim hat automatically makes you act like a big pussy.

  • You guys need to be careful. You can trip and fall backpedaling that hard.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    You guys need to be careful. You can trip and fall backpedaling that hard.

    How can I back-peddle from a stance I have taken from the get-go?

    You are one seriously deluded dude. Certitude and obtusity all rolled into one, tightly wound package.