Skip to content

little tidbit for our younger posters

The Browns Board
13 13 815
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I never knew it either.

  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    that is really interesting

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Me neither...

    Cool little write up there.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I had known this for years..great article.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I knew Elvis was a Brown's fan. I didn't know Aaron was.

  • U utzie wrote on last edited by utzie
    #8

    "Aaron would take a flight to Cleveland the morning of a game. From there he would put on the most tattered clothes he had and head to the stadium. He would cover his head with a hat so no one could really see his face. Aaron would buy a ticket for a seat in the Dawg Pound and cheer for the Browns. He says that there was only one time where he thought someone recognized him. Imagine all of those years fans were sitting by the all-time home run king and didn't know it!"

    This paragraph at the end was the most cool part, in my opinion. I wish more star athletes would be like this nowadays. But then again, I think it would be much harder to not recognize them based on all the media attention that every athlete recieves now.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    what makes someone here a youngster?

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #10

    elvis and jim would have been a most excellent musical/action acting duo. akin to dean and jerry-that's martin and lewis for you young bucks and does.

    perhaps they were in a Hollywood movie together? I'm not motivated to google

  • "Aaron would take a flight to Cleveland the morning of a game. From there he would put on the most tattered clothes he had and head to the stadium. He would cover his head with a hat so no one could really see his face. Aaron would buy a ticket for a seat in the Dawg Pound and cheer for the Browns. He says that there was only one time where he thought someone recognized him. Imagine all of those years fans were sitting by the all-time home run king and didn't know it!"

    This paragraph at the end was the most cool part, in my opinion. I wish more star athletes would be like this nowadays. But then again, I think it would be much harder to not recognize them based on all the media attention that every athlete recieves now.

    tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @utzie said:

    "Aaron would take a flight to Cleveland the morning of a game. From there he would put on the most tattered clothes he had and head to the stadium. He would cover his head with a hat so no one could really see his face. Aaron would buy a ticket for a seat in the Dawg Pound and cheer for the Browns. He says that there was only one time where he thought someone recognized him. Imagine all of those years fans were sitting by the all-time home run king and didn't know it!"

    This paragraph at the end was the most cool part, in my opinion. I wish more star athletes would be like this nowadays. But then again, I think it would be much harder to not recognize them based on all the media attention that every athlete recieves now.

    Yeah with the Internet and media today people are too recognizable to go incognito.

    I also didn't know either one was a fan.

  • letsgojacketsL letsgojackets wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Nice link. i never knew that stuff.

  • ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
    #13

    apparently 43 is a youngster, cause I didn't know that... neat.