Skip to content

Bengals/Dalton - Really? Wow

The Browns Board
27 20 1.2k
  • Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I don't hate Dalton like many... But that contract looks ugly.

    I heard that there's not a dime of it that's guaranteed. Is that right?

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    This is the nature of the NFL. If you have a QB that's even slightly above average you better expect to pay $15-$20 mil a year. I get the dude sucks a fatty in the playoffs but they have been a lot under his tenure. It gives a literal meaning to don't hate the player hate the game.

  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Idk who this really helps, the rest of the division, joe haden, or Daltons wife's obsession with gold jewelry.

    It certainly aint gonna help Who Gey.

    I thought they were waiting til after this year to make a deal? He hasnt won jack shit.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #9

    he's better than what we've had since kosar.

    the only diff between cinci and the browns is that they've had a QB since dalton arrived.

    pay da man.

  • Joe Haden is headed for the Hall of Fame.

    Z

    letsgojacketsL letsgojackets wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Zombo said:

    Joe Haden is headed for the Hall of Fame.

    Z

    HHHHHHAHAHHAHAHHHAHHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. I'll read the whole thread now..

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #11

    This is good news for the Browns.....it means that the Bengals will be led by a mediocre QB for the forseeable future.

    Now, I don't know how good our QBs are going to be, but at least it is good to know that it will not take much to supersede the talent at that position that one of our main adversary's will have.

    I look at Dalton like Brad Johnson.....sure he could be steady....and he could win if he plays on a team with one of the greatest defenses in history....like the 2002 Buccaneers......but on his own he is not that difference maker.

  • he's better than what we've had since kosar.

    the only diff between cinci and the browns is that they've had a QB since dalton arrived.

    pay da man.

    USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @miktoxic said:

    he's better than what we've had since kosar.

    The truth hurts. But i can hear the ladies on here... "But but we have Johnny, no way he's better than Johnny!"

  • This is good news for the Browns.....it means that the Bengals will be led by a mediocre QB for the forseeable future.

    Now, I don't know how good our QBs are going to be, but at least it is good to know that it will not take much to supersede the talent at that position that one of our main adversary's will have.

    I look at Dalton like Brad Johnson.....sure he could be steady....and he could win if he plays on a team with one of the greatest defenses in history....like the 2002 Buccaneers......but on his own he is not that difference maker.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #13

    @the-gipper said:

    This is good news for the Browns.....it means that the Bengals will be led by a mediocre QB for the forseeable future.

    Now, I don't know how good our QBs are going to be, but at least it is good to know that it will not take much to supersede the talent at that position that one of our main adversary's will have.

    I look at Dalton like Brad Johnson.....sure he could be steady....and he could win if he plays on a team with one of the greatest defenses in history....like the 2002 Buccaneers......but on his own he is not that difference maker.

    Don't forget Dalton has some outstanding offensive talent around him too. AJ Green, Bernard, Gresham, Sanu. He should look pretty good.

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Good for Dalton, his Agent didn't even spit on it first.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I've always felt Dalton is a poor man's Eli Manning. I know people hate those analogies, but it really is true. Eli rarely has the top stats and frankly has had really crappy statistical seasons. But the guy always wins football games, difference is obviously Manning has two rings.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I saw on ESPN that Dalton will get $22 million in the first 6 months of the deal. Maybe by then he will have a playoff win.

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I dont like the guy, but he has 3 more playoffs apperances then we have had in the last few years. Does he deserve this money, hell no.

  • I dont like the guy, but he has 3 more playoffs apperances then we have had in the last few years. Does he deserve this money, hell no.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @cambridgeho said:

    I dont like the guy, but he has 3 more playoffs apperances then we have had in the last few years. Does he deserve this money, hell no.

    if we had that kind of QB play i guarantee you the browns would pony up a contract just like this.

    we should (being browns' fans) understand how hard it is to finally find a QB to give consistent play. isn't that what we're hoping for this year and for years to come?

  • I dont like the guy, but he has 3 more playoffs apperances then we have had in the last few years. Does he deserve this money, hell no.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @cambridgeho said:

    I dont like the guy, but he has 3 more playoffs apperances then we have had in the last few years. Does he deserve this money, hell no.

    If Im not mistaken, only the first year, and 10 mill next year are guaranteed. He cant shit the bed, or the Bengals get off cheap. Good deal for both sides really.
  • @cambridgeho said:

    I dont like the guy, but he has 3 more playoffs apperances then we have had in the last few years. Does he deserve this money, hell no.

    If Im not mistaken, only the first year, and 10 mill next year are guaranteed. He cant shit the bed, or the Bengals get off cheap. Good deal for both sides really.
    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #20

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    If Im not mistaken, only the first year, and 10 mill next year are guaranteed. He cant shit the bed, or the Bengals get off cheap. Good deal for both sides really.

    That's what I understood as well.

    ESPN boys on Insiders were also talking "incentives".

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Thats some serious ginger bread.

  • Thats some serious ginger bread.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @kvoethe said:

    Thats some serious ginger bread.

    So painful, I actually winched...

  • Thats some serious ginger bread.

    tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @kvoethe said:

    Thats some serious ginger bread.

    I have to admit, I LOL'd just a bit at this. My wife has made me appreciate bad puns.

    I have to agree with Mik. Browns would do the same. But the Browns are also desperate for a QB that is anything above average, even if just slightly above.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Heard today that after year 2 of this deal, Cinci can bid Dalton farewell with virtually no cap hit.

  • Heard today that after year 2 of this deal, Cinci can bid Dalton farewell with virtually no cap hit.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @tour2ma said:

    Heard today that after year 2 of this deal, Cinci can bid Dalton farewell with virtually no cap hit.

    The "Shit the Bed" clause.

    Zombo