Skip to content

Depth Chart

The Browns Board
21 9 858
  • ... and Skrine ahead of Gilbert as of now.

    Only one rookie starter as of now, but it really only begins to matter prior to Week 3 of Preseason.

    One thought though on Big Phil... If he in fact has fallen to 2nd team, I smell trade. I think he's a great NT, but may not be versatile enough for Pettine's scheme.

  • Some in media seem to think that Kirksey is dead even with Robertson and is most likely going to take that starting spot.

    I've been hoping for this, Robertson can't cover and Kirksey was a great cover LB at Iowa. He can really defend the pass.

  • Some in media seem to think that Kirksey is dead even with Robertson and is most likely going to take that starting spot.

    I've been hoping for this, Robertson can't cover and Kirksey was a great cover LB at Iowa. He can really defend the pass.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Some in media seem to think that Kirksey is dead even with Robertson and is most likely going to take that starting spot.

    I've been hoping for this, Robertson can't cover and Kirksey was a great cover LB at Iowa. He can really defend the pass.

    I'm noticing the emphasis on linebackers that can cover with this regime. I think they're trying to set themselves up for some real creative defensive schemes, like rushing the cornerbacks without losing a step in coverage.

    We keep hearing about how good Mingo is looking in coverage, but he was drafted as a pass rusher. May be why he's tentatively a starter now. Athletic is athletic.

    Makes sense though. Build a passing defense for a passing league.

  • ... and Skrine ahead of Gilbert as of now.

    Only one rookie starter as of now, but it really only begins to matter prior to Week 3 of Preseason.

    One thought though on Big Phil... If he in fact has fallen to 2nd team, I smell trade. I think he's a great NT, but may not be versatile enough for Pettine's scheme.

    @tour2ma said:

    ... and Skrine ahead of Gilbert as of now.

    Only one rookie starter as of now, but it really only begins to matter prior to Week 3 of Preseason.

    One thought though on Big Phil... If he in fact has fallen to 2nd team, I smell trade. I think he's a great NT, but may not be versatile enough for Pettine's scheme.

    I agree there. We have Rubin as a roadblocker and PT could be a pretty nice trade piece. With Pettine's scheme I could see it
  • I would love to see us bring in something of value for Taylor. He is a very good DT, but NT is a different ballgame. You don't need a playmaker at the position he needs to anchor and be where he's supposed to be. Rubin fits that bill and I think Kitchens is an adequate back up. By no means do I want to trade him just to be trading him

  • I would love to see us bring in something of value for Taylor. He is a very good DT, but NT is a different ballgame. You don't need a playmaker at the position he needs to anchor and be where he's supposed to be. Rubin fits that bill and I think Kitchens is an adequate back up. By no means do I want to trade him just to be trading him

    @louisville-slugger said:

    I would love to see us bring in something of value for Taylor. He is a very good DT, but NT is a different ballgame. You don't need a playmaker at the position he needs to anchor and be where he's supposed to be. Rubin fits that bill and I think Kitchens is an adequate back up. By no means do I want to trade him just to be trading him

    But Rubin's out of contract next year, as is Taylor.

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    I would love to see us bring in something of value for Taylor. He is a very good DT, but NT is a different ballgame. You don't need a playmaker at the position he needs to anchor and be where he's supposed to be. Rubin fits that bill and I think Kitchens is an adequate back up. By no means do I want to trade him just to be trading him

    But Rubin's out of contract next year, as is Taylor.

    @gftchris said:

    But Rubin's out of contract next year, as is Taylor.

    We picked up an option for another year of Taylor, so we have him signed through 2015, Rubin walks after this year.

    Z

  • @gftchris said:

    But Rubin's out of contract next year, as is Taylor.

    We picked up an option for another year of Taylor, so we have him signed through 2015, Rubin walks after this year.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    We picked up an option for another year of Taylor, so we have him signed through 2015, Rubin walks after this year.

    Z

    Yeah realised after I posted. But still, neither are locked up for the long time.

  • Taylor is far, far more athletic than Rubin. My guess is they're using Rubin for what he's good at this year.. and, if he asks more than about 2m, let him walk. Taylor will be the long-term fit.

  • I don't know about far, far more athletic. I love the depth we have at the position,and would like to keep them both instead of trading or walking. If you're worried about Rubin asking for more than 2mil, I think you will throw up in your mouth when PT goes to contract negotiations

  • I don't know about far, far more athletic. I love the depth we have at the position,and would like to keep them both instead of trading or walking. If you're worried about Rubin asking for more than 2mil, I think you will throw up in your mouth when PT goes to contract negotiations

    @comeonman said:

    I don't know about far, far more athletic.

    Agree... Stronger? Yes, but I'd actually argue that Rubin is the more "athletic".