Skip to content

What I did on my summer vacation before the Browns' season starts

The Browns Board
24 16 753
  • I started what will hopefully be a long career at a great company.

    Moved to a new state

    And played a lot of soccer...

    .... But miss college. Real life is a drag, lol.

    USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @mld-woody said:

    I started what will hopefully be a long career at a great company.

    Moved to a new state

    And played a lot of soccer...

    .... But miss college. Real life is a drag, lol.

    I remember the same feeling when i left college for my full time job. It was a little depressing. You don't realize how great college was until you leave it.

    Don't worry the feeling goes away... Never!!! Just kidding. You'll get into a rhymthm and it's nice to have money and free time.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I started what will hopefully be a long career at a great company.

    Moved to a new state

    And played a lot of soccer...

    .... But miss college. Real life is a drag, lol.

    Smith & Wesson have a solution for you.

    (and no, that is not a financial investment firm) 😮

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @the-gipper said:

    Smith & Wesson have a solution for you.

    (and no, that is not a financial investment firm) 😮

    That's dark

  • @mld-woody said:

    I started what will hopefully be a long career at a great company.

    Moved to a new state

    And played a lot of soccer...

    .... But miss college. Real life is a drag, lol.

    I remember the same feeling when i left college for my full time job. It was a little depressing. You don't realize how great college was until you leave it.

    Don't worry the feeling goes away... Never!!! Just kidding. You'll get into a rhymthm and it's nice to have money and free time.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @usfbrown said:

    I remember the same feeling when i left college for my full time job. It was a little depressing. You don't realize how great college was until you leave it.

    Don't worry the feeling goes away... Never!!! Just kidding. You'll get into a rhymthm and it's nice to have money and free time.

    I've got some buddies either doing a masters or a 5th year too, so when they start up in the Fall again it will be even worse. I'll just have to drive up to Ann Arbor a lot haha

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    So? Cal has started a thread on "What I did on my summer vacation"?

    Well.....I went to see Cal.......Coolidge that is. Plymouth VT, CCs hometown.

    And I was a guest at the home of one of the Rockefeller's: which is now a museum.

    And I took a gondola to the top of a ski run.....but there was no snow.

    And I went to see Ben & Jerry.

    And the Von Trapp family.

    And I visited where they make Teddy Bears.

    And I hiked in some very green parks.

    And my wife did her share of antique shopping.

    And we saw about a couple of dozen quaint Vermont towns.

    And we visited Woodstock....not that concert venue, but the VT town that is in my estimation the nicest small town in the USA.

    And we rode the St. Lawrence Seaway home....and had some Thousand Islands dressing in the Thousand Islands.

    And we saw the British battle the French on Lake Ontario.

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #19

    10400868_10152102047761511_1329975681917

    the 34217.. People come here to vacation 😉

    A few places we stopped this summer.

    Chicago-sucked

    Frankfurt-cool

    Instanbul-different

    Mykonos-very cool

    Athens- a bit overated

    Malta-hot

    Sicily-cool

    Salerno-got the worst pizza of my life..

    Rome-CROWDED!

    Newark-outsucked chitown.

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by slowburn
    #20

    I didn't travel anywhere this summer.

    The summer highlight, for me, was helping out with my youngest sons' little league team. It's exciting to see him/them get better week by week. His team won the championship and I was extremely proud of how the boys started out like the "bad new bears" but finished as champs.

    I guess part of the attraction were the memories of myself playing ball at his age. The crack of the bat on a solid hit, the glove-pop of a hard throw and the dirt on the uniform from a slide stir up emotions that are hard to duplicate in the world we now live. As John Fogerty (sp) crones on my favorite sports song - "put me in coach, im ready to play"

    Little league baseball is far more than merely a game. It truly is the "great American pastime".

    Hey Axe, looks like you made a Med cruise. I've done a few myself. My favorite stop was Costa del Sol off the coast of southern Spain.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Chicago is cool. You must have hit the wrong spots.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Chicago, home of Emanuel the ex Obama thug.

  • Chicago, home of Emanuel the ex Obama thug.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Chicago, home of Emanuel the ex Obama thug.

    Really? Is that all you got to say for or against it?

    Rome, home of that, you know, Caligula thug. And Commodus.

    (and you know, in case you haven't heard, they play politics pretty rough in Chicago.....and the guy you talk about would probably be about 0.15 on a scale of 1-10 of Chicago thugs.

  • AxeA Axe

    10400868_10152102047761511_1329975681917

    the 34217.. People come here to vacation 😉

    A few places we stopped this summer.

    Chicago-sucked

    Frankfurt-cool

    Instanbul-different

    Mykonos-very cool

    Athens- a bit overated

    Malta-hot

    Sicily-cool

    Salerno-got the worst pizza of my life..

    Rome-CROWDED!

    Newark-outsucked chitown.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @axe said:

    10400868_10152102047761511_1329975681917

    the 34217.. People come here to vacation 😉

    A few places we stopped this summer.

    Chicago-sucked

    Frankfurt-cool

    Instanbul-different

    Mykonos-very cool

    Athens- a bit overated

    Malta-hot

    Sicily-cool

    Salerno-got the worst pizza of my life..

    Rome-CROWDED!

    Newark-outsucked chitown.

    been to frankfurt. way cool in the 80s.

    BUT why would you want to go to newark? got a thing for murder?