Movies You Can't Walk by Without Sitting Down and Watching
-
Shawshank for sure and its "companion" The Green Mile(both Stephen King). Ferris Beuhler. Casablanca. Jaws...just to name a few.
I put this phenomena as "movies you must watch for a while while channel surfing".
For Howard Hughes that movie was Ice Station Zebra.
-
rocky, Caddyshack, stripes, The Godfather, a Clockwork Orange, Animal House, defending your life, Blazing Saddles, rollerball, my bodyguard, Glengarry Glen Ross,..
WSS
-
I just impetuously watched jaws for like the fortieth time the other day. It was still one of my favorites of all time
-
Stand by me is a better Stephen King movie than the green mile in my opinion.
-
The good, the bad, the ugly
The Goonies
Fight Club
Seven
-
Stand by me is a better Stephen King movie than the green mile in my opinion.
Stand by me is a better Stephen King movie than the green mile in my opinion.
no
-
That's your opinion.
-
anything kubrik.
-
-
the king. Only one I didn't like was eyes wide shut. Maybe I need to try it again.
WSS
Barry Lyndon also seemed a bit draggy. Again, maybe both of those movies warrant a second look. It took a couple or three viewings of 2001 A Space Odyssey to kinda get it.
-
That's your opinion.
That's your opinion.
Wesley Crusher....vs....Tom Hanks. Hmmm?
I like my opinion (not that Stand By Me was bad....just not as good as Green Mile)
-
I plain out don't like kubrick movies at all.
-
I plain out don't like kubrick movies at all.
I plain out don't like kubrick movies at all.
Naturally
-
Almost any John Wayne movie (especially Big Jake & Quiet Man), Blazing Saddles, Animal House, Rudy, Cat Ballou, and Support Your Local Sheriff. There are others, but I ALWAYS watch the aforementioned. Yeah, I know....I have no culture or class, but I don't care!
Mike
-
I plain out don't like kubrick movies at all.
Naturally
Naturally
I prefer my movies less nihilistic boring and slow paced
-
Saving Pvt Ryan
Platoon
Moneyball
there Will Be Blood
No Country For Old Men
Dr Strangelove
Donnie Brasco
Inglorious Basterds
The Deer Hunter
Das Boot
The Aviator
-
Almost any John Wayne movie (especially Big Jake & Quiet Man), Blazing Saddles, Animal House, Rudy, Cat Ballou, and Support Your Local Sheriff. There are others, but I ALWAYS watch the aforementioned. Yeah, I know....I have no culture or class, but I don't care!
Mike
Almost any John Wayne movie (especially Big Jake & Quiet Man), Blazing Saddles, Animal House, Rudy, Cat Ballou, and Support Your Local Sheriff. There are others, but I ALWAYS watch the aforementioned. Yeah, I know....I have no culture or class, but I don't care!
Mike
Rudy was offsides
-
Naturally
I prefer my movies less nihilistic boring and slow paced
I prefer my movies less nihilistic boring and slow paced
OK, sure, it does take some patience at times to get through some Kubrick. But. surely you don't think any of that applies to Dr. Strangelove or A Clockwork Orange.
-
I think a clockwork orange was just hard to watch. There were a couple of good scenes and some decent ones but it was still overall nihilistic and slow paced. And that's easily one of his better ones. 2001 had some touches I liked such as the brand names on all the stuff in space but for my money give me Ridley Scott and Alien over 2001 any day and twice on sunday.
For war movies I'll take apocalypse now and platoon and saving private Ryan over full metal jacket. I didn't like of hate the shining but I was disappointed it strayed so far from the source material. Yeah I just don't love kubrick.
-
Heh.
it's all subjective. I hated the entire Aliens series.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login