TCPO isn't that stupid
-
Tim Couch Pulls Out:
Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:31 PM
Good coaches adapt their offenses to the skill sets of their players. It's okay to implement your own system, but you have to adapt it to your players' strengths in the short term or else it won't work.
Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:37 PM
That's what successful NFL coaches do, so of course we can't. You have a general overall philosophy and adapt to the talents of your squad.Ray Farmer, today:
"I think it's a blend," Farmer said. "It's always a blend. I think that coaches come in and have their schemes they want to run. Inevitably what happens is you know what you want to run, and you also know what talent you have and what they're capable of orchestrating. You kind of mishmash how that comes together.
"So I think it's a blend. I think that's what Kyle's history has shown, that regardless of who he's had he's found a way to make the offense work with the talent he has."I mean, I'm just saying...
Also, I apologize for this:
Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:06 AM
I don't give a shit if my QB throws the ball underhanded with his eyes closed. Sure, fundamentals are nice. But winning is a hell of a lot sweeter.
It seems I caused those Brandon Weeden throws.
-
I'm glad you owned up to Weeden. Now just leave Johnny Football alone. -
I'm glad you owned up to Weeden. Now just leave Johnny Football alone.
I'm glad you owned up to Weeden. Now just leave Johnny Football alone.I'm a JF fan. I'm also a Hoyer fan.
But, above all, I'm a Browns fan.
-
Not sure what prompted this, but does beg the question:
"Well... if not that stupid, how stupid?"Edit: I'd have created a Browns Board Scale, but could not think of a name for the high end. Low end on the other hand... well, let's just say it was crowded.
-
Not sure what prompted this, but does beg the question:
"Well... if not that stupid, how stupid?"Edit: I'd have created a Browns Board Scale, but could not think of a name for the high end. Low end on the other hand... well, let's just say it was crowded.
Not sure what prompted this, but does beg the question:
"Well... if not that stupid, how stupid?"
Farmer had a quote today that was similar to the things I (and others) have been saying on here for the last 5 years. We've seemingly had two schools of thought in previous coaches/GM's:
1. Fit the players to your system.
or
2.Fit the system to your players.
It's been one or the other. Farmer has been the first organizational leader I've seen in Cleveland that has said "Well...no. It's a little of both." It was a refreshing thing to see.
-
Not sure what prompted this, but does beg the question:
"Well... if not that stupid, how stupid?"Edit: I'd have created a Browns Board Scale, but could not think of a name for the high end. Low end on the other hand... well, let's just say it was crowded.
Not sure what prompted this, but does beg the question:
"Well... if not that stupid, how stupid?"
Edit: I'd have created a Browns Board Scale, but could not think of a name for the high end. Low end on the other hand... well, let's just say it was crowded.
I used to pick on the moldies at Greenbriar.
-
Not sure what prompted this, but does beg the question:
"Well... if not that stupid, how stupid?"
Edit: I'd have created a Browns Board Scale, but could not think of a name for the high end. Low end on the other hand... well, let's just say it was crowded.
I used to pick on the moldies at Greenbriar.
I used to pick on the moldies at Greenbriar.
LOL... had not even thought of the term "moldies" in going on 5 decades...
-
-
only thing stupid TCPO has done HERE is pledge allegiance to mike h.
but hey, everyone needs a friend.
-
-
Did want to say that so far the Bortles call by guy who ain't that stupid is looking pretty good...
Did want to say that so far the Bortles call by guy who ain't that stupid is looking pretty good...
Watching Bortles last night I kept saying "this is preseason against backups" over and over in my head. But man, he did look pretty damn strong. I do think something that can't be understated is there's practically zero pressure on the kid though. Knows he's got time to develop, playing for a crappy team AND is completely overshadowed by our beloved JF.
Then again, Weeden was the preseason MVP so who knows.
-
Means nothing. Lets see after a few real games.
-
only thing stupid TCPO has done HERE is pledge allegiance to mike h.
but hey, everyone needs a friend.
only thing stupid TCPO has done HERE is pledge allegiance to mike h.
but hey, everyone needs a friend.
I don't pledge allegiance to any man.
I had no problems with Mike H. Sure, his schtick got over the top near the end, but many of his points were valid and sound.
It's much easier for me to deal with someone when I can tell they've done, or at least attempted to do, their research. That's why I could deal with Mike a lot better than I could Ghoolie.
Shock journalism simply for the sake of shock is stupid and immature.
Using humor and hyperbole, in mediation, to drive home sound points can be refreshing.
-
only thing stupid TCPO has done HERE is pledge allegiance to mike h.
but hey, everyone needs a friend.
I don't pledge allegiance to any man.
I had no problems with Mike H. Sure, his schtick got over the top near the end, but many of his points were valid and sound.
It's much easier for me to deal with someone when I can tell they've done, or at least attempted to do, their research. That's why I could deal with Mike a lot better than I could Ghoolie.
Shock journalism simply for the sake of shock is stupid and immature.
Using humor and hyperbole, in mediation, to drive home sound points can be refreshing.
Using humor and hyperbole, in mediation, to drive home sound points can be refreshing.
then you gotta love walter.
-
Using humor and hyperbole, in mediation, to drive home sound points can be refreshing.
then you gotta love walter.
-
Did want to say that so far the Bortles call by guy who ain't that stupid is looking pretty good...
Watching Bortles last night I kept saying "this is preseason against backups" over and over in my head. But man, he did look pretty damn strong. I do think something that can't be understated is there's practically zero pressure on the kid though. Knows he's got time to develop, playing for a crappy team AND is completely overshadowed by our beloved JF.
Then again, Weeden was the preseason MVP so who knows.
Watching Bortles last night I kept saying "this is preseason against backups" over and over in my head. But man, he did look pretty damn strong. I do think something that can't be understated is there's practically zero pressure on the kid though. Knows he's got time to develop, playing for a crappy team AND is completely overshadowed by our beloved JF.
Agree with you and diehard... pre-season and all, but...
The pass Bortles threw, under pressure, rolling right, from his own endzone to the right sideline (around the 40 IIRC) was the sickest throw I've seen this year. Matters not that it was incomplete. That was on his WR who has yet to master the toe tap.
I kept trying to think of other NFL QBs that could make that throw. Got as far as Luck and am still waiting for a second name.
-
Watching Bortles last night I kept saying "this is preseason against backups" over and over in my head. But man, he did look pretty damn strong. I do think something that can't be understated is there's practically zero pressure on the kid though. Knows he's got time to develop, playing for a crappy team AND is completely overshadowed by our beloved JF.
Agree with you and diehard... pre-season and all, but...
The pass Bortles threw, under pressure, rolling right, from his own endzone to the right sideline (around the 40 IIRC) was the sickest throw I've seen this year. Matters not that it was incomplete. That was on his WR who has yet to master the toe tap.
I kept trying to think of other NFL QBs that could make that throw. Got as far as Luck and am still waiting for a second name.
Agree with you and diehard... pre-season and all, but...
The pass Bortles threw, under pressure, rolling right, from his own endzone to the right sideline (around the 40 IIRC) was the sickest throw I've seen this year. Matters not that it was incomplete. That was on his WR who has yet to master the toe tap.
I kept trying to think of other NFL QBs that could make that throw. Got as far as Luck and am still waiting for a second name.
Not doing what we could to grab Bortles may come back to haunt us. He was literally the only player in this draft that I pined for.
-
Agree with you and diehard... pre-season and all, but...
The pass Bortles threw, under pressure, rolling right, from his own endzone to the right sideline (around the 40 IIRC) was the sickest throw I've seen this year. Matters not that it was incomplete. That was on his WR who has yet to master the toe tap.
I kept trying to think of other NFL QBs that could make that throw. Got as far as Luck and am still waiting for a second name.
Not doing what we could to grab Bortles may come back to haunt us. He was literally the only player in this draft that I pined for.
Not doing what we could to grab Bortles may come back to haunt us. He was literally the only player in this draft that I pined for.
yes you had him as your fave QB.
saw some of garroppollo last night and he looked pretty good against what some have thought would be a greatly improved philly D.
things have yet to pan out about all the rookies and remember........it's the second PRESEASON game we're watching.
-
@douche-nozzle said:
I have always wondered what TCPO means? Is that a birth control method?
I hope you are joking. But, looking back at your posts, you're probably not.
-
@douche-nozzle said:
Hey.....anyone who references Tim Couch as his user name probably needs help with birth control.
Don't knock couch. I guarantee you if Ben would've got drafted to that team he would have been lucky to last that long.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login