Skip to content

TCPO isn't that stupid

The Browns Board
28 10 1.0k
  • 😆 I'm glad you owned up to Weeden. Now just leave Johnny Football alone.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @texasag1969 said:

    😆 I'm glad you owned up to Weeden. Now just leave Johnny Football alone.

    I'm a JF fan. I'm also a Hoyer fan.

    But, above all, I'm a Browns fan.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #4

    Not sure what prompted this, but does beg the question:

    "Well... if not that stupid, how stupid?"

    Edit: I'd have created a Browns Board Scale, but could not think of a name for the high end. Low end on the other hand... well, let's just say it was crowded.

  • Not sure what prompted this, but does beg the question:

    "Well... if not that stupid, how stupid?"

    Edit: I'd have created a Browns Board Scale, but could not think of a name for the high end. Low end on the other hand... well, let's just say it was crowded.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @tour2ma said:

    Not sure what prompted this, but does beg the question:

    "Well... if not that stupid, how stupid?"

    Farmer had a quote today that was similar to the things I (and others) have been saying on here for the last 5 years. We've seemingly had two schools of thought in previous coaches/GM's:

    1. Fit the players to your system.

    or

    2.Fit the system to your players.

    It's been one or the other. Farmer has been the first organizational leader I've seen in Cleveland that has said "Well...no. It's a little of both." It was a refreshing thing to see.

  • Not sure what prompted this, but does beg the question:

    "Well... if not that stupid, how stupid?"

    Edit: I'd have created a Browns Board Scale, but could not think of a name for the high end. Low end on the other hand... well, let's just say it was crowded.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @tour2ma said:

    Not sure what prompted this, but does beg the question:

    "Well... if not that stupid, how stupid?"

    Edit: I'd have created a Browns Board Scale, but could not think of a name for the high end. Low end on the other hand... well, let's just say it was crowded.

    I used to pick on the moldies at Greenbriar.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Not sure what prompted this, but does beg the question:

    "Well... if not that stupid, how stupid?"

    Edit: I'd have created a Browns Board Scale, but could not think of a name for the high end. Low end on the other hand... well, let's just say it was crowded.

    I used to pick on the moldies at Greenbriar.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I used to pick on the moldies at Greenbriar.

    LOL... had not even thought of the term "moldies" in going on 5 decades...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Did want to say that so far the Bortles call by guy who ain't that stupid is looking pretty good...

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #9

    only thing stupid TCPO has done HERE is pledge allegiance to mike h.

    but hey, everyone needs a friend. 😳

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I think Mike moved out to California and started doing meth. Never saw anybody fall so far so fast.

    Zombo

  • Did want to say that so far the Bortles call by guy who ain't that stupid is looking pretty good...

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @tour2ma said:

    Did want to say that so far the Bortles call by guy who ain't that stupid is looking pretty good...

    Watching Bortles last night I kept saying "this is preseason against backups" over and over in my head. But man, he did look pretty damn strong. I do think something that can't be understated is there's practically zero pressure on the kid though. Knows he's got time to develop, playing for a crappy team AND is completely overshadowed by our beloved JF.

    Then again, Weeden was the preseason MVP so who knows.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Means nothing. Lets see after a few real games.

  • only thing stupid TCPO has done HERE is pledge allegiance to mike h.

    but hey, everyone needs a friend. 😳

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @miktoxic said:

    only thing stupid TCPO has done HERE is pledge allegiance to mike h.

    but hey, everyone needs a friend. 😳

    I don't pledge allegiance to any man.

    I had no problems with Mike H. Sure, his schtick got over the top near the end, but many of his points were valid and sound.

    It's much easier for me to deal with someone when I can tell they've done, or at least attempted to do, their research. That's why I could deal with Mike a lot better than I could Ghoolie.

    Shock journalism simply for the sake of shock is stupid and immature.

    Using humor and hyperbole, in mediation, to drive home sound points can be refreshing.

  • @miktoxic said:

    only thing stupid TCPO has done HERE is pledge allegiance to mike h.

    but hey, everyone needs a friend. 😳

    I don't pledge allegiance to any man.

    I had no problems with Mike H. Sure, his schtick got over the top near the end, but many of his points were valid and sound.

    It's much easier for me to deal with someone when I can tell they've done, or at least attempted to do, their research. That's why I could deal with Mike a lot better than I could Ghoolie.

    Shock journalism simply for the sake of shock is stupid and immature.

    Using humor and hyperbole, in mediation, to drive home sound points can be refreshing.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #14

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Using humor and hyperbole, in mediation, to drive home sound points can be refreshing.

    then you gotta love walter.

    😉

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Using humor and hyperbole, in mediation, to drive home sound points can be refreshing.

    then you gotta love walter.

    😉

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @miktoxic said:

    then you gotta love walter.

    😉

    Absolutely.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Did want to say that so far the Bortles call by guy who ain't that stupid is looking pretty good...

    Watching Bortles last night I kept saying "this is preseason against backups" over and over in my head. But man, he did look pretty damn strong. I do think something that can't be understated is there's practically zero pressure on the kid though. Knows he's got time to develop, playing for a crappy team AND is completely overshadowed by our beloved JF.

    Then again, Weeden was the preseason MVP so who knows.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @jrb12711 said:

    Watching Bortles last night I kept saying "this is preseason against backups" over and over in my head. But man, he did look pretty damn strong. I do think something that can't be understated is there's practically zero pressure on the kid though. Knows he's got time to develop, playing for a crappy team AND is completely overshadowed by our beloved JF.

    Agree with you and diehard... pre-season and all, but...

    The pass Bortles threw, under pressure, rolling right, from his own endzone to the right sideline (around the 40 IIRC) was the sickest throw I've seen this year. Matters not that it was incomplete. That was on his WR who has yet to master the toe tap.

    I kept trying to think of other NFL QBs that could make that throw. Got as far as Luck and am still waiting for a second name.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Watching Bortles last night I kept saying "this is preseason against backups" over and over in my head. But man, he did look pretty damn strong. I do think something that can't be understated is there's practically zero pressure on the kid though. Knows he's got time to develop, playing for a crappy team AND is completely overshadowed by our beloved JF.

    Agree with you and diehard... pre-season and all, but...

    The pass Bortles threw, under pressure, rolling right, from his own endzone to the right sideline (around the 40 IIRC) was the sickest throw I've seen this year. Matters not that it was incomplete. That was on his WR who has yet to master the toe tap.

    I kept trying to think of other NFL QBs that could make that throw. Got as far as Luck and am still waiting for a second name.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @tour2ma said:

    Agree with you and diehard... pre-season and all, but...

    The pass Bortles threw, under pressure, rolling right, from his own endzone to the right sideline (around the 40 IIRC) was the sickest throw I've seen this year. Matters not that it was incomplete. That was on his WR who has yet to master the toe tap.

    I kept trying to think of other NFL QBs that could make that throw. Got as far as Luck and am still waiting for a second name.

    Not doing what we could to grab Bortles may come back to haunt us. He was literally the only player in this draft that I pined for.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Agree with you and diehard... pre-season and all, but...

    The pass Bortles threw, under pressure, rolling right, from his own endzone to the right sideline (around the 40 IIRC) was the sickest throw I've seen this year. Matters not that it was incomplete. That was on his WR who has yet to master the toe tap.

    I kept trying to think of other NFL QBs that could make that throw. Got as far as Luck and am still waiting for a second name.

    Not doing what we could to grab Bortles may come back to haunt us. He was literally the only player in this draft that I pined for.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Not doing what we could to grab Bortles may come back to haunt us. He was literally the only player in this draft that I pined for.

    yes you had him as your fave QB.

    saw some of garroppollo last night and he looked pretty good against what some have thought would be a greatly improved philly D.

    things have yet to pan out about all the rookies and remember........it's the second PRESEASON game we're watching.

  • cvcanedyC cvcanedy wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @douche-nozzle said:

    I have always wondered what TCPO means? Is that a birth control method?

    I hope you are joking. But, looking back at your posts, you're probably not.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #20

    @douche-nozzle said:

    Hey.....anyone who references Tim Couch as his user name probably needs help with birth control.

    Don't knock couch. I guarantee you if Ben would've got drafted to that team he would have been lucky to last that long.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @douche-nozzle said:

    I have always wondered what TCPO means? Is that a birth control method?

    That's exactly what it means.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @douche-nozzle said:

    Can I assume then that he is pregnant with a little brownie .....since he got f#$%ed by them?

    I'd agree to that.