Skip to content

What Would You Be Looking For During Roster Cuts?

The Browns Board
8 7 463
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    If you were Farmer/Pettine what positions are you watching the waiver wire to fill?

  • letsgojacketsL letsgojackets wrote on last edited by
    #2

    lol receiver and oline.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #3

    Good question...

    I don't expect much from the early cuts, but later on no telling who will come available.

    First thought ran to WR, but if Josh's suspension is far less than feared, then that need drops fast.

    My top area would be RBs. I like Baker, but a hard sneeze brings him down. The other current options seem to have issues holding onto the ball. Upgrading our 3rd RB with a solid vet seems possible as there were a good number RB prospects drafted.

    Next would be Punter. We will still need one even if JM starts... right? 😉 While Lanning's inside the 20 stat was good, he was near the bottom in average and we were near the bottom in net.

    I also look hard at TEs. The drop off after Cam is precipitous. Grey looks better suited to FB/ H-back. Barnidge is OK at best. However, here a meaningful upgrade might require a little trading.

    The rest in order would go O-line, (I)LB, DB then D-line...

    While I doubt upgrades in any of these areas will come via the waiver wire, you never know...

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Agree with everyone else about the WR slot if Gordon gets shelved. I am not sure Austin Miles is making it....or Nate Burleson. (but yea...can you really upgrade from these guys with roster cuts?)

    Depth at ILB maybe.

    And really....depth anywhere. I don't know that we could get anyone better to start at any position....but overall team depth can never hurt.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I have always believed that lines are the key so my vote would be to increase quality depth in the O line. D line seems very good two deep.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Even WITH Gordon, I would think WR. Keep in mind that there may be "cap cuts" & trade possibilities (maybe Crabtree?). How are we set at center IF Mack gets hurt? Certainly they will look at almost all positions if they can be upgraded & there may be other teams with excessive talent in one area, such as our situation on the DL.

    We'll see....

    Mike

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Our WR corps is fucking STACKED.

    You may not all agree or see what I see, but the fact remains this group is going to surprise a lot of fans this year.

    Little is gone. Dropsies are contagious and must be looked at as unacceptable. You have to catch the ball, it's your job. You don't just have to catch a ball though, you need to fucking spectacular catch that bitch. One handed. Side-line. Over the middle then juke a dude so hard that he eats grass and shits his pants type of catches. You eat, sleep and dream of Hail-Mary's with zero seconds left to win the game type catches. Catches that jump out and scream in the opponents face, "This is my fucking ball" and "I ain't Crabtree faggot" type catches...

    okay I'm done. I think that this group has it in them. With or without Josh Gordon. We won't be denied.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #8

    OL depth.