Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Rams Preseason Game Night Thread***

The Browns Board
100 34 6.1k
  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    What's obvious on both teams is the DB's are playing off the WR's because of the way flags are being called. That's why soft spots are open in the zone like that.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #47

    That was the knock on Gilbert coming out of Okie State.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #48

    All I can say is I'm happy this is happening to Gilbert in the preseason.

  • Couple thoughts I'm having so far...

    1- How can you go from so many defensive hands penalties last game by both teams to ZERO so far this game??

    2- Where's Josh Gordon?

    3- why the hell did I put a 50 spot on the browns this game??

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @ahitz3 said:

    2- Where's Josh Gordon?

    Wondering the same thing.

    Last week in was in every fucking package.

    Zombo

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #50

    Gabriel is a keeper.

    Not Peter. Though he's had his moments too.

  • @ahitz3 said:

    2- Where's Josh Gordon?

    Wondering the same thing.

    Last week in was in every fucking package.

    Zombo

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #51

    Zombo said:

    Wondering the same thing.

    Last week in was in every fucking package.

    Zombo

    Might have to do with him slacking off last week. A good way to piss off any coach is too half ass it on the field.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #52

    I think Gilbert has to let himself be picked on that play and hope they call it...

  • A ahitz3 wrote on last edited by
    #53

    The more I think about it (or the more beers I pour in) the browns are going to be great this year. Normally they light it up in the preseason WELL NOT THIS YEAR!!

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #54

    Much better showing. Good job looking off the safety.

  • Lonnie UtahL Lonnie Utah wrote on last edited by Lonnie Utah
    #55

    C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS RTG

    B. Hoyer 4/7 46 6.6 0 1 1-8 37.5

    Need a new QB in the 3rd.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    For those who may not be watching the first half live I'll give my impressions good and bad.

    Pros:

    Armonty Bryant is still looking great. Might be the biggest draft steal the Browns have had in a long time.

    It's clear to me why Hoyer should start week one, he's got the game manager role down. Solid throws but the int was really bad for sure. I hope they give him the first series coming out of half as well.

    Special teams have looked very solid. Poyer is quick and Benjamin looked like his ACL isn't going to slow him down.

    Cons:

    Gilbert has had a hard rookie curve. I'd say 75% of the big pass plays the Rams had were on Gilbert including the long TD play.

    Schwartz is still getting beat bad, man.

    WR's still are dropping passes and not getting much separation.

    Misc:

    Bradford went down holding his knee early. The look on his face to me anyway was one of "i've been here before and this is bad. I hope he's alright cause that sucks for him. Likewise 3-4 other Rams went off with injuries with their starting CB carted off the field.

  • C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS RTG

    B. Hoyer 4/7 46 6.6 0 1 1-8 37.5

    Need a new QB in the 3rd.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @lonnie-utah said:

    C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS RTG

    B. Hoyer 4/7 46 6.6 0 1 1-8 37.5

    Need a new QB in the 3rd.

    Yep, but will it be Shaw or the Lil Guy?

  • For those who may not be watching the first half live I'll give my impressions good and bad.

    Pros:

    Armonty Bryant is still looking great. Might be the biggest draft steal the Browns have had in a long time.

    It's clear to me why Hoyer should start week one, he's got the game manager role down. Solid throws but the int was really bad for sure. I hope they give him the first series coming out of half as well.

    Special teams have looked very solid. Poyer is quick and Benjamin looked like his ACL isn't going to slow him down.

    Cons:

    Gilbert has had a hard rookie curve. I'd say 75% of the big pass plays the Rams had were on Gilbert including the long TD play.

    Schwartz is still getting beat bad, man.

    WR's still are dropping passes and not getting much separation.

    Misc:

    Bradford went down holding his knee early. The look on his face to me anyway was one of "i've been here before and this is bad. I hope he's alright cause that sucks for him. Likewise 3-4 other Rams went off with injuries with their starting CB carted off the field.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @jrb12711 said:

    For those who may not be watching the first half live I'll give my impressions good and bad.

    Pros:

    Armonty Bryant is still looking great. Might be the biggest draft steal the Browns have had in a long time.

    It's clear to me why Hoyer should start week one, he's got the game manager role down. Solid throws but the int was really bad for sure. I hope they give him the first series coming out of half as well.

    Special teams have looked very solid. Gabriel is quick and Benjamin looked like his ACL isn't going to slow him down.

    Cons:

    Gilbert has had a hard rookie curve. I'd say 75% of the big pass plays the Rams had were on Gilbert including the long TD play.

    Schwartz is still getting beat bad, man.

    WR's still are dropping passes and not getting much separation.

    Misc:

    Bradford went down holding his knee early. The look on his face to me anyway was one of "i've been here before and this is bad. I hope he's alright cause that sucks for him. Likewise 3-4 other Rams went off with injuries with their starting CB carted off the field.

    Edit: Fixed Poyer to Gabriel, sorry

  • GregoryHouseG GregoryHouse wrote on last edited by
    #59

    looks like this will be the last series for the ones

  • @lonnie-utah said:

    C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS RTG

    B. Hoyer 4/7 46 6.6 0 1 1-8 37.5

    Need a new QB in the 3rd.

    Yep, but will it be Shaw or the Lil Guy?

    GregoryHouseG GregoryHouse wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @canton-dawg said:

    Yep, but will it be Shaw or the Lil Guy?

    Manziel after this series. Depending on how Johnny does, he may get to play the rest of this game.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #61

    That's the type of throw I think you'll see Gilbert go for the pick the more comfortable he grows. Great straight line speed, long arms. Hard to put a ball over the top.

    Good defense.

  • BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by
    #62

    Kirksey!!! For Real!!!

  • Kirksey!!! For Real!!!

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @brownb499 said:

    Kirksey!!! For Real!!!

    Boom!

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #64

    Great.... If the Browns pull this off you won't be able to turn on the fucking cooking network without hearing his name.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #65

    Hoyer just shit his pants.