Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Rams Preseason Game Night Thread***

The Browns Board
100 34 6.1k
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #77

    They have to watch the waiver wire for a better RT. Unacceptable.play in that position 1's and 2's.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #78

    Manziel looked good today. Give him time I think he will be good.

  • I see us taking another QB 1st round next year, when our D totally suck ass still, just like last year.

    Coaching, Players, or Scheme . . . at this point I just no longer know, this Team is just horrible on all fronts . . . going to free up my weekends this year as I don't see this shit coming together any time soon

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @jafbf said:

    I see us taking another QB 1st round next year, when our D totally suck ass still, just like last year.

    Coaching, Players, or Scheme . . . at this point I just no longer know, this Team is just horrible on all fronts . . . going to free up my weekends this year as I don't see this shit coming together any time soon

    It was much worse in person. Total ass kicking. Go look at the stats.

    @texasag1969 said:

    They have to watch the waiver wire for a better RT. Unacceptable.play in that position 1's and 2's.

    No kidding. The Schwartz can now safely be labeled a bust at RT. Move Bitonio over there, put Greco back at LG, and see if Schwartz can cut it at RG. if not, hell, put Gilkey in @ RG- he can't be any worse.

  • @jafbf said:

    I see us taking another QB 1st round next year, when our D totally suck ass still, just like last year.

    Coaching, Players, or Scheme . . . at this point I just no longer know, this Team is just horrible on all fronts . . . going to free up my weekends this year as I don't see this shit coming together any time soon

    It was much worse in person. Total ass kicking. Go look at the stats.

    @texasag1969 said:

    They have to watch the waiver wire for a better RT. Unacceptable.play in that position 1's and 2's.

    No kidding. The Schwartz can now safely be labeled a bust at RT. Move Bitonio over there, put Greco back at LG, and see if Schwartz can cut it at RG. if not, hell, put Gilkey in @ RG- he can't be any worse.

    WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @hoorta said:

    hell, put Gilkey in @ RG- he can't be any worse.

    Gilkey was awful tonight.

    It amazes me how many picks we spend on the o-line and never get any production.

    Thomas, Bitonio, Mack, Schwartz, were all 1st and early 2nd round selections.

  • @hoorta said:

    hell, put Gilkey in @ RG- he can't be any worse.

    Gilkey was awful tonight.

    It amazes me how many picks we spend on the o-line and never get any production.

    Thomas, Bitonio, Mack, Schwartz, were all 1st and early 2nd round selections.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @walterwhite said:

    Gilkey was awful tonight.

    It amazes me how many picks we spend on the o-line and never get any production.

    Thomas, Bitonio, Mack, Schwartz, were all 1st and early 2nd round selections.

    As the coaches say- I'll have to watch the tape. 🙂 But I don't need any tape to tell me in general the o-line blew dead worms.

  • Gabriel is a keeper.

    Not Peter. Though he's had his moments too.

    S Sir Barksalot wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Gabriel is a keeper.

    Not Peter. Though he's had his moments too.

    Keeper ?????? Sheesh he should be our #1 !!!! He has been better than everyone else on this team. Man thats bad but I say throw him out there screw it he has been way better than austin for sure. Run him and austin with baby hawk in the slot

  • @jafbf said:

    I see us taking another QB 1st round next year, when our D totally suck ass still, just like last year.

    Coaching, Players, or Scheme . . . at this point I just no longer know, this Team is just horrible on all fronts . . . going to free up my weekends this year as I don't see this shit coming together any time soon

    It was much worse in person. Total ass kicking. Go look at the stats.

    @texasag1969 said:

    They have to watch the waiver wire for a better RT. Unacceptable.play in that position 1's and 2's.

    No kidding. The Schwartz can now safely be labeled a bust at RT. Move Bitonio over there, put Greco back at LG, and see if Schwartz can cut it at RG. if not, hell, put Gilkey in @ RG- he can't be any worse.

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @hoorta said:

    It was much worse in person. Total ass kicking. Go look at the stats.

    No kidding. The Schwartz can now safely be labeled a bust at RT. Move Bitonio over there, put Greco back at LG, and see if Schwartz can cut it at RG. if not, hell, put Gilkey in @ RG- he can't be any worse.

    It looked pretty darn bad from what I could see.

    When you're constantly giving up 3rd & 19, 3rd & 25, and the like . . . you don't have a Defense, and this wasn't late in the game when they were tired - this was all game.

    Given the short week, the QB play was better.

    The Rushing attack looked to be a bit stalled, and the WR's are still a concern.

    Schwartz has me wondering as well, I thought he was going to pull it together this year, but it's looking like he's going to need to be replaced.

    Special Teams looked better, good even.

    Hoyer's on the last year of his contract, even if he lights it up, I'm not sure we re-sign him.

    I hate to say this as it's still Pre-Season, but odds are we're going to have some high 1st round Draft picks.

    With Hoyer gone, it's not much of a stretch to see us grabbing a QB with one to fill the vacancy, plus as possible insurance.

    For the most part, we have some pretty good players, they're just not putting it together.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #84

    Talking shit on the city of Cleveland itself from a Pittsburgh fan. Comical at best.

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #85

    Pittsburgh is a shit hole.

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #86

    Words of encouragement : "people of Cleveland, your city sucks"

  • @jafbf said:

    I see us taking another QB 1st round next year, when our D totally suck ass still, just like last year.

    Coaching, Players, or Scheme . . . at this point I just no longer know, this Team is just horrible on all fronts . . . going to free up my weekends this year as I don't see this shit coming together any time soon

    It was much worse in person. Total ass kicking. Go look at the stats.

    @texasag1969 said:

    They have to watch the waiver wire for a better RT. Unacceptable.play in that position 1's and 2's.

    No kidding. The Schwartz can now safely be labeled a bust at RT. Move Bitonio over there, put Greco back at LG, and see if Schwartz can cut it at RG. if not, hell, put Gilkey in @ RG- he can't be any worse.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @hoorta said:

    It was much worse in person. Total ass kicking. Go look at the stats.

    No kidding. The Schwartz can now safely be labeled a bust at RT. Move Bitonio over there, put Greco back at LG, and see if Schwartz can cut it at RG. if not, hell, put Gilkey in @ RG- he can't be any worse.

    Not a bad idea at all hoorta. Stop gap measure for this year before finding the best one in the draft for a more permanent fix. Your solution can certainly be no worse than status quo.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #88

    If l'm not mistaken Bitonio played tackle more than guard in college. Seems to be more mobile and athletic, so l wouldn't mind seeing him and The Schwartz do a switcharoo.

    Bitonio made an interesting comment about playing guard, saying it was like "blocking it a phone booth," or something to that effect. I just thought that was an interesting observation.

  • If l'm not mistaken Bitonio played tackle more than guard in college. Seems to be more mobile and athletic, so l wouldn't mind seeing him and The Schwartz do a switcharoo.

    Bitonio made an interesting comment about playing guard, saying it was like "blocking it a phone booth," or something to that effect. I just thought that was an interesting observation.

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @ibleedbrown said:

    If l'm not mistaken Bitonio played tackle more than guard in college. Seems to be more mobile and athletic, so l wouldn't mind seeing him and The Schwartz do a switcharoo.

    Bitonio made an interesting comment about playing guard, saying it was like "blocking it a phone booth," or something to that effect. I just thought that was an interesting observation.

    Seems logical to me. Can't be any worse can it?
  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #90

    There has also been some speculation that if Bitonio develops like they think he will, then he could go to the left side and allow JT to move right for his swansong years....

  • Hate seeing that. I like Bradford.

    Although McCoy should have won that Heisman instead...

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #91

    @tiamat63 said:

    Hate seeing that. I like Bradford.

    Although McCoy should have won that Heisman instead...

    Just heard he's got a torn ACL.....poor guy(and team)....looks like he's out for the year....

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Hate seeing that. I like Bradford.

    Although McCoy should have won that Heisman instead...

    Just heard he's got a torn ACL.....poor guy(and team)....looks like he's out for the year....

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #92

    @mudfly said:

    Just heard he's got a torn ACL.....poor guy(and team)....looks like he's out for the year....

    I liked Bradford coming out of OU.. It's just unfortunate he has porcelain Legs.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #93

    the rams have been betting that bradford could stay healthy for years now and lost every time. i'm sure they wished they had picked bortles now and looked for OL in one of the later rounds.

    shoulda woulda coulda.

  • L larryfine wrote on last edited by
    #94

    Manzel looked great tonight. A star is born. 😁

  • Manzel looked great tonight. A star is born. 😁

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @larryfine said:

    Manzel looked great tonight. A star is born. 😁

    tonite?

    quit living in the past.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @texasag1969 said:

    Respectfully disagree-weakest link on the entire team because he has no feet and is slow on top of that. And when a superior player bull rushes him he gets knocked backwards and off balance. Every team will put their best speed/power rusher on him all season. Count on it. He will get a QB knocked out of the game before the season is halfway done.

    What you just said. Ghoolie of course misses the finer nuances of playing o-line. It takes more than just standing there occupying space.