Schwartz..
-
That play wasn't the only move upon which the game hinged. He didn't cost you anything other than the chance to rant on Monday morning.
To actually show Schwartz sucks, you need to first show what the normal level of play is across the entire NFL for that position [hint: It's not perfection. Deal.] and then show why Schwartz misses significantly more than that.
Unfortunately for you, objective reality has Schwartz in the league's top 10 at RT.
And fortunately for the Browns they will likely have a shot at the best OT in the college game next year. If you run an offense like the Browns, you need a top 10 overall draft pick at both OT's, not a second rounder. I admit I am biased in that I believe that it is the line both sides of the ball that brings championship play. I also admit I've been spoiled by watching 3 of those on the same O line at the same time at Texas A&M. I just want to see the Browns win and I sincerely believe a top 10 overall OT will do the trick. I think Schwartz is a better fit at OG.
And fortunately for the Browns they will likely have a shot at the best OT in the college game next year. If you run an offense like the Browns, you need a top 10 overall draft pick at both OT's, not a second rounder. I admit I am biased in that I believe that it is the line both sides of the ball that brings championship play. I also admit I've been spoiled by watching 3 of those on the same O line at the same time at Texas A&M. I just want to see the Browns win and I sincerely believe a top 10 overall OT will do the trick. I think Schwartz is a better fit at OG.
This isn't college. Even GREAT o-linemen are going to get beat from time-to-time. I thought Schwartz played quite well. Very solid run-blocking.
But, I get your point... you always have to be right, so you're going to look for anything that confirms your point. It's called "research bias." It gets annoying for the rest of us who are trying to watch the game and hoping for THE BEST from all of our players, not looking for faults in guys "WE PREDICTED" wouldn't be good...
-
Key sentence: "Schwartz's biggest mistake came late in the fourth quarter when defensive end Cameron Heyward made a bull rushed him and sacked Hoyer."
As I said, that play cost us the game. Why is it some dummy from Texas can predict Schwarz would cost 2-3 games because of a play like that this season and damned if he isn't already 1 for 1?
Hey, Dummy...
Were you one of those kids that blamed your Little League teammate for losing the game just because he made the last out?

-
Key sentence: "Schwartz's biggest mistake came late in the fourth quarter when defensive end Cameron Heyward made a bull rushed him and sacked Hoyer."
As I said, that play cost us the game. Why is it some dummy from Texas can predict Schwarz would cost 2-3 games because of a play like that this season and damned if he isn't already 1 for 1?
Hey, Dummy...
Were you one of those kids that blamed your Little League teammate for losing the game just because he made the last out?

-
Zombo said:
He'll be fine. Preseason is for making mistakes. The entire offense is gobbling down a new system, they'll get in sync for Pittsburgh.
Zombo
Fuckin lol. You watch the game today? It was a regular season game. Schwartz graded out as an F. Cost us time and time again. Replace him this is a good OL.
What's your BS excuse now?
Fuckin lol. You watch the game today? It was a regular season game. Schwartz graded out as an F. Cost us time and time again. Replace him this is a good OL.
What's your BS excuse now?
Who is doing this grading? We averaged 6 yards per carry and gave up 3 sacks, are we blaming all three on Schwartz? I saw some nice runs to the right side and some very good protection in the second half, sometimes Hoyer had all day to throw.
Zombo
-
"I thought the Offensive Line for the most part protected well. We did give up two sacks, but neither of them were attributed to the inside five. We had one pressure that they gave up."
- Mike Pettine
"I thought the Offensive Line for the most part protected well. We did give up two sacks, but neither of them were attributed to the inside five. We had one pressure that they gave up."
- Mike Pettine
LOL-he must have missed Schwartz practically going airborne into Hoyer at the end there.
-
"I thought the Offensive Line for the most part protected well. We did give up two sacks, but neither of them were attributed to the inside five. We had one pressure that they gave up."
- Mike Pettine
LOL-he must have missed Schwartz practically going airborne into Hoyer at the end there.
LOL-he must have missed Schwartz practically going airborne into Hoyer at the end there.
I told ya... that one is not on Schwartz. West missed the chip...
But hey, what do Mike and I know?

-
LOL-he must have missed Schwartz practically going airborne into Hoyer at the end there.
I told ya... that one is not on Schwartz. West missed the chip...
But hey, what do Mike and I know?

-
I know. But you have to admit he did look pretty silly going backwards on one foot and then up in the air. That was the definition of losing leverage.

No argument there... and it was made worse by the fact that he had engaged, separated and was in position to handle the bull rush with a punch to rusher's (Heyward's?) chest... but let him get to his body.
If you have the recording, then check out 08:55 of Q2.
-
Deleted the recording already. Next time I'll know better.
-
I know. But you have to admit he did look pretty silly going backwards on one foot and then up in the air. That was the definition of losing leverage.

Yeah, you know...it happens....it's the NFL....... NO player wins every play. Get over it already. The league is FULL of amazing athletes going at it one play after another. So, if you watch Schwartz all day, then yes, you will see someone beat him. Dude is not THAT bad....average, yes....bad? ..no. Watch ever play of Dansby....or anyone....and guess what, they'll get pushed over too......geez
7 full pages devoted to this one guy is so freakin ridiculous. And it only establishes that you have an unhealthy focus on one player, when there are so many other players and area's in need of attention and that have a greater effect on the team......
-
I know. But you have to admit he did look pretty silly going backwards on one foot and then up in the air. That was the definition of losing leverage.

Yeah, you know...it happens....it's the NFL....... NO player wins every play. Get over it already. The league is FULL of amazing athletes going at it one play after another. So, if you watch Schwartz all day, then yes, you will see someone beat him. Dude is not THAT bad....average, yes....bad? ..no. Watch ever play of Dansby....or anyone....and guess what, they'll get pushed over too......geez
7 full pages devoted to this one guy is so freakin ridiculous. And it only establishes that you have an unhealthy focus on one player, when there are so many other players and area's in need of attention and that have a greater effect on the team......
Yeah, you know...it happens....it's the NFL....... NO player wins every play. Get over it already. The league is FULL of amazing athletes going at it one play after another. So, if you watch Schwartz all day, then yes, you will see someone beat him. Dude is not THAT bad....average, yes....bad? ..no. Watch ever play of Dansby....or anyone....and guess what, they'll get pushed over too......geez
7 full pages devoted to this one guy is so freakin ridiculous. And it only establishes that you have an unhealthy focus on one player, when there are so many other players and area's in need of attention and that have a greater effect on the team......
Mud, you're not looking close enough it seems. He is the weak link in an otherwise stout Oline. It's a difference maker.
-
@douche-nozzle said:
There once was a milkman named Schwartz,
Whose cock was all covered with warts.
But women would play,
with his dick anyway,
'cause good ol' Schwartz came in quarts.
The timing is off. You need another syllable in the last line. "Because good ol Schwartz came in quarts" would definitely sound better.
-
I hope he proves to be as good as you think. I just have huge doubts. One of us will be wrong and I really hope for Hoyers' sake it proves to be me. We'll certainly find out during those first 3 games. One hellofatest that's one thing for sure.
I hope he proves to be as good as you think. I just have huge doubts. One of us will be wrong and I really hope for Hoyers' sake it proves to be me. We'll certainly find out during those first 3 games. One hellofatest that's one thing for sure.
Well, it's been 4 games. Our line looks like one of the best in the league. Hoyer has a ton of time. His shirt is clean. One of the lowest sack #'s in the league. One of the highest rushes avg's in the league.
Is it too soon? You did say 3 games, right?
-
And Swartz, the entire line, was pretty much outstanding.
So, egg in the face of bitchers.
-
I was really hard on Schwartz at the beginning of the year and preseason but he has stepped it up and played his ass off. The entire O-line for that matter.
-
I was really hard on Schwartz at the beginning of the year and preseason but he has stepped it up and played his ass off. The entire O-line for that matter.
I was really hard on Schwartz at the beginning of the year and preseason but he has stepped it up and played his ass off.
You had no idea then; you have no idea now. Just stop it...
-
I was really hard on Schwartz at the beginning of the year and preseason but he has stepped it up and played his ass off.
You had no idea then; you have no idea now. Just stop it...
-
You're a fucking douche dude.
You'd rather see the Browns lose than be proven wrong wouldn't you?
You know, Walter, that would hurt if anyone with an ounce of conviction said it.
But since you'll love me by month's end, the above carries no impact whatsoever...
-
I'm still not a fan of Schwarty. He's playing much better, there's no question. I hope to continue to be proved wrong.
-
Still hasnt missed a snap either. These 5 are going to be phenomenal as their time together continues (knock on wood, no injuries please)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login