Skip to content

Schwartz..

The Browns Board
140 36 6.2k
  • Cut yet?

  • I am in Cancun on vacation and way to lazy to dig up old posts but this is a great example why I touted taking a stud like Greg Robinson or the likes in the draft. Regardless of what anyone says solid OL's do win championships.

    @jcam222 said:

    I am in Cancun on vacation and way to lazy to dig up old posts but this is a great example why I touted taking a stud like Greg Robinson or the likes in the draft. Regardless of what anyone says solid OL's do win championships.

    I wouldn't say they win anything. They contribute with everything else.

  • ultimate team sport.

    that being said having a great OL, D, pro bowl QB, WRs and RBs don't hurt either.

  • Any camp cuts worth bringing in to compete with Schwartz?

  • Winston Justice was just released.

    Cant be worse than Schwartz.

  • Winston Justice was just released.

    Cant be worse than Schwartz.

    @htownbrown said:

    Winston Justice was just released.

    Cant be worse than Schwartz.

    no he coudln't

  • Zombo said:

    He'll be fine. Preseason is for making mistakes. The entire offense is gobbling down a new system, they'll get in sync for Pittsburgh.

    Zombo

    Respectfully disagree-weakest link on the entire team because he has no feet and is slow on top of that. And when a superior player bull rushes him he gets knocked backwards and off balance. Every team will put their best speed/power rusher on him all season. Count on it. He will get a QB knocked out of the game before the season is halfway done.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Respectfully disagree-weakest link on the entire team because he has no feet and is slow on top of that. And when a superior player bull rushes him he gets knocked backwards and off balance. Every team will put their best speed/power rusher on him all season. Count on it. He will get a QB knocked out of the game before the season is halfway done.

    Yeah, he looked horrible vs Rams. We might need to go double tight-ends just to have Barnidge help him block.

  • Winston Justice was just released.

    Cant be worse than Schwartz.

    @htownbrown said:

    Winston Justice was just released.

    Cant be worse than Schwartz.

    Yes he can... that's why HE got cut already...

    Schwartz is still a young player learning his third offensive system in three years. He is far too talented to give up on. It will be frustrating early in the season, and that goes for the entire offense, but I think this group will be really good once they start clicking.

    And switching him with Bitonio would do nothing except probably create a worse hole at RT. Bitonio hasn't exactly played great this preseason and is, just like the rest of this group, still learning the system.

  • @htownbrown said:

    Winston Justice was just released.

    Cant be worse than Schwartz.

    Yes he can... that's why HE got cut already...

    Schwartz is still a young player learning his third offensive system in three years. He is far too talented to give up on. It will be frustrating early in the season, and that goes for the entire offense, but I think this group will be really good once they start clicking.

    And switching him with Bitonio would do nothing except probably create a worse hole at RT. Bitonio hasn't exactly played great this preseason and is, just like the rest of this group, still learning the system.

    @thenew23 said:

    Schwartz is still a young player learning his third offensive system in three years. He is far too talented to give up on.

    Go back and watch his feet on every play. He has no quickness to them whatsoever. He's more suited to guard. Right now we don't have the solution at RT.

  • 3 years - 3rd offense - 3 slow starts - I don't think this is a talent issue, it's an issue of how quick he can pick up the system and us staying with the system for more than a year...We can't let Thomas be our litmus test for how tackles should adjust every year- guy is a hall of famer... Schwartz will be fine.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    If pre-season is for making mistakes then you can consider this pre-season a huge success.

    You really need to get some pussy.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You really need to get some pussy.

    Somehow I doubt that is the way he rolls.

  • FYI all y'all. The Schwartz has played really very well for most of the last two years. At many times he has been rock solid. But he does get off to slow starts.

    If he plays the entire season the way he did this preseason, then I would begin to worry. But let's wait and see. Then if it continues this bad...sure, go get someone in the next draft.....who may or may not be any better.

  • if i were the browns i'd be calling incognito's agent and tell him to waive off tampa bay and fly and meet him as fast as possible.

    put him on the right side somewhere and it's an automatic upgrade.

  • Incognito is a scumbag of a human being but he is tough and would be a definite improvement.

  • don't care if he kicks cats. don't care if our QB sniffs coke.

    what this team has looked like in the preseason (yeah, i know.it's the preseason) i'll take greg lloyd, ray lewis, ritchie incognito and mussolini if it means we win 8 freakin games.








  • User Actions

    Following


    Nate_Ulrich_bigger.jpgNate Ulrich‏@NateUlrichABJ


    #Browns HC Mike Pettine said team not looking to replace Mitchell Schwartz. Said he's regarded as one of best right tackles in league.



    so there is this... not that it proves anything other than they will be riding with Schwartz for the foreseeable future...


  • Unfortunately Schwartz is the best we've got on our squad right now. Did anyone see how easily Michael Sam went around our 2nd string RT? I'm not one of those guys who says I coulda this or that over professional players. But I know for a fact Sam would have had to do more to get around me than what he had to last night on that sack. He did absolutely nothing special in the slightest to get around that RT..nothing. Didn't blaze around the edge cause the RT was in perfect position..didn't put on any sick power move or nothing. Just calmly went around him and the dude didn't put one single ounce of his body mass into Sam as went around the edge completely upright. What a disgrace.

    Pettine sticks up for his players... so far...

    @clevfan4life said:

    Unfortunately Schwartz is the best we've got on our squad right now. Did anyone see how easily Michael Sam went around our 2nd string RT?

    That was Wallace and actually he was our 2nd String LT per the initial depth chart (also backed up Joe T last season). Not that you'd guess it based upon his drops at RT, but he is much more fluid on the left side. Dropping with the opposite leg is not automatic... you could almost hear him thinking. More reps should help..

    I think trying Wallace on the right side shows that Pettine's "endorsement" of Schwartz is not that solid.

    @jcam222 said:

    I am in Cancun on vacation and way to lazy to dig up old posts but this is a great example why I touted taking a stud like Greg Robinson or the likes in the draft.

    Robinson has looked "so good" at LT against Clay Jr. that they quickly moved him to LG. Clay gave him a spin move and Greg never touched him. He's no stud... yet...

    @htownbrown said:

    Winston Justice was just released.

    Once upon a time Justice was a very good, USC prospect and had a couple good years in Philly. Then IIRC he was hurt and starting bouncing around some...

    @the-gipper said:

    FYI all y'all. The Schwartz has played really very well for most of the last two years. At many times he has been rock solid. But he does get off to slow starts.

    He has never played "really well". I think Cousins' spectacularly bad playing distracted you... πŸ˜‰

  • Mitchell Schwartz is considered one of the best RT's in the league per MIke pettine? Is that for real? I can understand a coach sticking up for his player, I get that, but to go the extra step of saying he's one of the best RT's in the league....there has to be some statistical backing to that right? Pettine wouldn't just say that if there wasn't an ounce of validity to it...would he? I'm confused.

  • Mitchell Schwartz is considered one of the best RT's in the league per MIke pettine? Is that for real? I can understand a coach sticking up for his player, I get that, but to go the extra step of saying he's one of the best RT's in the league....there has to be some statistical backing to that right? Pettine wouldn't just say that if there wasn't an ounce of validity to it...would he? I'm confused.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Mitchell Schwartz is considered one of the best RT's in the league per MIke pettine? Is that for real? I can understand a coach sticking up for his player, I get that, but to go the extra step of saying he's one of the best RT's in the league....there has to be some statistical backing to that right? Pettine wouldn't just say that if there wasn't an ounce of validity to it...would he? I'm confused.

    I've seen Schwartz ranked anywhere from 5-15 in Right Tackles in the NFL.

    Our offensive line is solid as fuck.

    You will not remember these preseason games once the season starts.

    Zombo

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Mitchell Schwartz is considered one of the best RT's in the league per MIke pettine? Is that for real? I can understand a coach sticking up for his player, I get that, but to go the extra step of saying he's one of the best RT's in the league....there has to be some statistical backing to that right? Pettine wouldn't just say that if there wasn't an ounce of validity to it...would he? I'm confused.

    I've seen Schwartz ranked anywhere from 5-15 in Right Tackles in the NFL.

    Our offensive line is solid as fuck.

    You will not remember these preseason games once the season starts.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I've seen Schwartz ranked anywhere from 5-15 in Right Tackles in the NFL.

    Our offensive line is solid as fuck.

    You will not remember these preseason games once the season starts.

    Zombo

    Problem is I remember seeing Schwartz getting blown up last year during the season. Getting beat around the edge, fine....your timing does probably need to be honed during the pre-season. But guys taking an OL and walking him into the qb is indicative of something deeper than just rusty timing.