Schwartz..
-
dear god did any of you notice how bad mcquistan is? His butt was in JF's lap every single play. That was ridiculous. God help us if our starting LG goes down.
-
dear god did any of you notice how bad mcquistan is? His butt was in JF's lap every single play. That was ridiculous. God help us if our starting LG goes down.
dear god did any of you notice how bad mcquistan is? His butt was in JF's lap every single play. That was ridiculous. God help us if our starting LG goes down.
They shuffled everything around last nite... had Wallace inside at LG next to McQ...
Looking for two things I'd guess. Second stringer O-line candidates at any position and who has the versatility to help them stick.
Aside from Gilkey, and maybe Parsons, our backups have not shown well this pre-season.
-
I told you he would cost this team a game.
-
He didn't. Don't attempt to pin it on him. I can point to the myriad of missed holding calls and the obvious fucked up spot on the punt that should have put Pittsburgh inside their own 1.
-
I told you he would cost this team a game.
I told you he would cost this team a game.
Nah- the defense playing like it was still preseason in the first half cost us the game. Add the offense into that equation.
Dully noted Schwartz got blown up on a couple of plays. If I saw it, the coaches saw it.
-
I don't think Schwartz cost us the game either, but will be a day or so before I grade the line.
Now about that punt... player + ball + (player's shoulder on goal line) = touchback
I don't think Schwartz cost us the game either, but will be a day or so before I grade the line.
Now about that punt... player + ball + (player's shoulder on goal line) = touchback
Said player hit the ground with possession then his shoulder touched the goal line as he rolled a little. Should have been down at the half yard line.
Let's not get into the missed holding calls along that Steelers Oline. It was bad.
-
Not that I noticed Schwartz beasting or anything on his side, but relatively speaking to past performances of his and the o line in general..he/they didn't do a terrible job. How is someone saying Scwartz cost us this game?
-
I guess none of you saw him blown back into Hoyer at the key point in the game so we had to kick out of the endzone and give pukesburg a short field to move in for the winning fg.
Go back and watch the last possession. He did cost it in crunch time as I predicted would happen some time ago.
-
He'll be fine. Preseason is for making mistakes. The entire offense is gobbling down a new system, they'll get in sync for Pittsburgh.
Zombo
Zombo said:
He'll be fine. Preseason is for making mistakes. The entire offense is gobbling down a new system, they'll get in sync for Pittsburgh.
Zombo
Fuckin lol. You watch the game today? It was a regular season game. Schwartz graded out as an F. Cost us time and time again. Replace him this is a good OL.
What's your BS excuse now?
-
STFU. i don't like schwartz either but the line seemed to hold in the second half......correct?
how about the pussy run the ball up the snout calls in the first half? sure establish a run game but can we have hoyer throw the ball on 1st or 2nd and not just telegraph a run the rest of the way?
-
I guess none of you saw him blown back into Hoyer at the key point in the game so we had to kick out of the endzone and give pukesburg a short field to move in for the winning fg.
Go back and watch the last possession. He did cost it in crunch time as I predicted would happen some time ago.
I guess none of you saw him blown back into Hoyer at the key point in the game so we had to kick out of the endzone and give pukesburg a short field to move in for the winning fg.
Go back and watch the last possession. He did cost it in crunch time as I predicted would happen some time ago.
But didn't he hop backwards on one leg nicely? At least until Hoyer got in his way! That was sad.
I find it hard to believe we don't have better than Schwartz at RT. I just don't see any FIGHT in him.
Mike
-
I guess none of you saw him blown back into Hoyer at the key point in the game so we had to kick out of the endzone and give pukesburg a short field to move in for the winning fg.
Go back and watch the last possession. He did cost it in crunch time as I predicted would happen some time ago.
But didn't he hop backwards on one leg nicely? At least until Hoyer got in his way! That was sad.
I find it hard to believe we don't have better than Schwartz at RT. I just don't see any FIGHT in him.
Mike
But didn't he hop backwards on one leg nicely? At least until Hoyer got in his way! That was sad.
I find it hard to believe we don't have better than Schwartz at RT. I just don't see any FIGHT in him.
Mike
Yes, I scored him a 9 on the hop, but a 2 for form.

-
STFU. i don't like schwartz either but the line seemed to hold in the second half......correct?
how about the pussy run the ball up the snout calls in the first half? sure establish a run game but can we have hoyer throw the ball on 1st or 2nd and not just telegraph a run the rest of the way?
STFU. i don't like schwartz either but the line seemed to hold in the second half......correct?
how about the pussy run the ball up the snout calls in the first half? sure establish a run game but can we have hoyer throw the ball on 1st or 2nd and not just telegraph a run the rest of the way?
You're a dumbass. Watch the game, quit giving Z a handy.
-
I guess none of you saw him blown back into Hoyer at the key point in the game so we had to kick out of the endzone and give pukesburg a short field to move in for the winning fg.
Go back and watch the last possession. He did cost it in crunch time as I predicted would happen some time ago.
But didn't he hop backwards on one leg nicely? At least until Hoyer got in his way! That was sad.
I find it hard to believe we don't have better than Schwartz at RT. I just don't see any FIGHT in him.
Mike
But didn't he hop backwards on one leg nicely? At least until Hoyer got in his way! That was sad.
I find it hard to believe we don't have better than Schwartz at RT. I just don't see any FIGHT in him.
Mike
Ya that was impressive. Competed with OSU Oline display last night. Schwartz is easily a bottom 3 RT in the league.
-
Really? You're going to blame Schwartz for this one? Wow... did he fuck your mom or something?
-
I don't think Schwartz cost us the game either, but will be a day or so before I grade the line.
Now about that punt... player + ball + (player's shoulder on goal line) = touchback
Said player hit the ground with possession then his shoulder touched the goal line as he rolled a little. Should have been down at the half yard line.
Let's not get into the missed holding calls along that Steelers Oline. It was bad.
Said player hit the ground with possession then his shoulder touched the goal line as he rolled a little. Should have been down at the half yard line.
Ummmm... no. He was not down by contact... the play was not over... he had to stay off of the goalline... he fell right on it with his right shoulder.
I guess none of you saw him blown back into Hoyer at the key point in the game so we had to kick out of the endzone and give pukesburg a short field to move in for the winning fg.
Go back and watch the last possession. He did cost it in crunch time as I predicted would happen some time ago.
My impression at the time was that it was a coverage sack. Just rewatched it and it was almost 4 seconds after the snap that Heywood went under Schwartz to grab Hoyer's leg. Before that the RB (West) missed a chip on Heyward and ended up falling down. Even considering all that Hoyer could have slid to his left as there was no pressure from that side.
Enough was wrong with that play that I can't lay it at Schwartz's clay-ish feet...
-
Schwartz had a good day today.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/09/sunday_showdown_cleveland_brow_1.html
-
Schwartz had a good day today.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/09/sunday_showdown_cleveland_brow_1.html
Schwartz had a good day today.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/09/sunday_showdown_cleveland_brow_1.html
No he didn't. He got beat on most passing plays, but none other than the Heyward sacks resulted in sacks. They did however collapse the pocket too quickly and hurried BH. It happens but with Schwartz it happens damn near every snap. His run blocking is suspect too.
Again, overall we have a pretty good Oline, but we need a more efficient RT. Bitonio has been impressing.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login