Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs Bears Preseason Game Night Thread***

The Browns Board
60 23 2.4k
  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Hopefully Hoyer gets some time with the 1st teamers. Without Gordon they need all the reps they can get

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Who is this guy that starts this thread each week and this disappears? I hope he keeps it up in the regular season ... "Official" threads are awesome.

    Zombo

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the browns 0-3 in preseason?

  • Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the browns 0-3 in preseason?

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @roycerolls said:

    Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the browns 0-3 in preseason?

    yep....they all felt like losses to me.....

  • Who is this guy that starts this thread each week and this disappears? I hope he keeps it up in the regular season ... "Official" threads are awesome.

    Zombo

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Zombo said:

    Who is this guy that starts this thread each week and this disappears? I hope he keeps it up in the regular season ... "Official" threads are awesome.

    Yup... it's a fucking advertisement... AKA spam...

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #7

    The game is live on NFL Network? Cool.

    I bought that preseason internet package but only used it once this year ... thanks, Johnny.

    Zombo

  • SALTS SALT wrote on last edited by
    #8

    This looks like as good of a place as any for my first post. My name is Dave and I have been a browns fan since I was a little boy watching the Cardiac Kids.

    Tonight I am looking for 1 or 2 of our receivers to step up and seize the opportunity to become solid NFL starters!

    For good or bad, Coach Pettine has challenged our current, and much maligned group of receivers to man up and show us all what they are made of.

    Who will make the most of it and breakout right before our eyes?

  • JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #9

    This shows Jets vs Eagles, but my local (West Coast) NFL Network TV guide is showing the Browns / Bears as the game tonight :

    http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule

    Out of towners may want to double check what's on tonight.

  • This looks like as good of a place as any for my first post. My name is Dave and I have been a browns fan since I was a little boy watching the Cardiac Kids.

    Tonight I am looking for 1 or 2 of our receivers to step up and seize the opportunity to become solid NFL starters!

    For good or bad, Coach Pettine has challenged our current, and much maligned group of receivers to man up and show us all what they are made of.

    Who will make the most of it and breakout right before our eyes?

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @salt said:

    This looks like as good of a place as any for my first post. My name is Dave and I have been a browns fan since I was a little boy watching the Cardiac Kids.

    Tonight I am looking for 1 or 2 of our receivers to step up and seize the opportunity to become solid NFL starters!

    For good or bad, Coach Pettine has challenged our current, and much maligned group of receivers to man up and show us all what they are made of.

    Who will make the most of it and breakout right before our eyes?

    Welcome, Salty Dave. I liked the looks of that Sneed kid last week, and I am anxious to see more of Charles Johnson as well. Someone is going to break through and make a career for himself in light of the Gordo suspension.

    Zombo

  • JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by JAFBF
    #11

    In light of the WR issues we have going on, I'm going to toss this out here ahead of the game :

    http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=36751

    Bears update: Coach Marc Trestman does not intend to play his starting units at all. Already loaded at the receiver position, the Bears signed 2009 Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes on Aug. 16. Holmes played in a little in his first preseason game, and could get more playing time against the Browns. He is on the roster bubble. If he plays, Holmes could be auditioning for other teams in need of a receiver, like the Browns. Trestman intends to rookie sixth-round pick David Fales at quarterback the entire game.

    I'm also going add this in regards to all the criticism I've been seeing around the Net on Farmer . . .

    Did y'all ever think one reason Farmer didn't Draft a WR is because with the huge influx of WR's, there's going to be some quality cuts . . . and the Browns with their record are going to be high on the dibs list.

    This quote is a prime example . . . still Pre-Season, and there are yet more Roster moves to be made.

  • SALTS SALT wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Thank you for the welcome Zombo!

    I would love to see them do well tonight.

  • Thank you for the welcome Zombo!

    I would love to see them do well tonight.

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @salt said:

    Thank you for the welcome Zombo!

    I would love to see them do well tonight.

    I need to add my welcome as well 🙂

    I like the look of the Gabriel kid we picked up, I think he makes it before Snead, but I actually think we're going to see some turnover in the WR's in this next round of cuts.

  • This looks like as good of a place as any for my first post. My name is Dave and I have been a browns fan since I was a little boy watching the Cardiac Kids.

    Tonight I am looking for 1 or 2 of our receivers to step up and seize the opportunity to become solid NFL starters!

    For good or bad, Coach Pettine has challenged our current, and much maligned group of receivers to man up and show us all what they are made of.

    Who will make the most of it and breakout right before our eyes?

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @salt said:

    This looks like as good of a place as any for my first post. My name is Dave and I have been a browns fan since I was a little boy watching the Cardiac Kids.

    Tonight I am looking for 1 or 2 of our receivers to step up and seize the opportunity to become solid NFL starters!

    For good or bad, Coach Pettine has challenged our current, and much maligned group of receivers to man up and show us all what they are made of.

    Who will make the most of it and breakout right before our eyes?

    I would also like to throw out a hearty welcome as well.

    I've recently joined the board, but I've read these threads for years.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #15

    welcome salt.

    anyone in the nyc metro area will have the jets televised locally so hopefully i can get the browns on nfl network.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Snead seems to play bigger than his 5'11" height and had some attitude. I was getting an Andre Reed vibe.

    Zombo

    --yes I'm drinking already

  • darkside5D darkside5 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Welcome Salt, I'm new here too. Seems to be a bunch of good folks on here!

  • C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
    #18

    "Snead seems to play bigger than his 5'11" height and had some attitude. I was getting an Andre Reed vibe."

    He's caught my attention too. Like the fire he has.

  • SALTS SALT wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Thank you for the warm welcome fellas.

    I wonder if Grossman will look good tonight?

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #20

    let's hope sexy rexy laid off the bong hits today.

  • This looks like as good of a place as any for my first post. My name is Dave and I have been a browns fan since I was a little boy watching the Cardiac Kids.

    Tonight I am looking for 1 or 2 of our receivers to step up and seize the opportunity to become solid NFL starters!

    For good or bad, Coach Pettine has challenged our current, and much maligned group of receivers to man up and show us all what they are made of.

    Who will make the most of it and breakout right before our eyes?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #21

    The difference between Week 1 Snead and Week 3 Snead is enormous...

    @salt said:

    This looks like as good of a place as any for my first post. My name is Dave and I have been a browns fan since I was a little boy watching the Cardiac Kids.

    Howdy, Kid...

    @jafbf said:

    Did y'all ever think one reason Farmer didn't Draft a WR is because with the huge influx of WR's, there's going to be some quality cuts . . . and the Browns with their record are going to be high on the dibs list.

    Someone mentioned it in one of the post-draft threads...