Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs Bears Preseason Game Night Thread***

The Browns Board
60 23 2.4k
  • C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
    #18

    "Snead seems to play bigger than his 5'11" height and had some attitude. I was getting an Andre Reed vibe."

    He's caught my attention too. Like the fire he has.

  • SALTS SALT wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Thank you for the warm welcome fellas.

    I wonder if Grossman will look good tonight?

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #20

    let's hope sexy rexy laid off the bong hits today.

  • This looks like as good of a place as any for my first post. My name is Dave and I have been a browns fan since I was a little boy watching the Cardiac Kids.

    Tonight I am looking for 1 or 2 of our receivers to step up and seize the opportunity to become solid NFL starters!

    For good or bad, Coach Pettine has challenged our current, and much maligned group of receivers to man up and show us all what they are made of.

    Who will make the most of it and breakout right before our eyes?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #21

    The difference between Week 1 Snead and Week 3 Snead is enormous...

    @salt said:

    This looks like as good of a place as any for my first post. My name is Dave and I have been a browns fan since I was a little boy watching the Cardiac Kids.

    Howdy, Kid...

    @jafbf said:

    Did y'all ever think one reason Farmer didn't Draft a WR is because with the huge influx of WR's, there's going to be some quality cuts . . . and the Browns with their record are going to be high on the dibs list.

    Someone mentioned it in one of the post-draft threads...

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Rex is the modern day Don Strock ... The Dude. Nothing against Shaw, but I like having Rex on the roster. If we could pass Shaw to the PS id be happy with that.

    Z

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Things I would like to see the Browns do tonight:

    1) Shaw playing the majority of the 2nd half.

    2) At least 1 TD from our punt/KR team (they came pretty close several times).

    3) More Kirksey

    4) A receiver actually catching a pass that wasn't perfectly thrown.

    5) A great open field tackle.

    6) A Gilbert pick six.

    7) At least 4 sacks from our pass rush.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I dig me some Willie Snead too. Hands and hustle.

    I'm mostly wanting to see a well oiled machine tonight, or at least a step in that direction. On both sides of the ball.

    I also wanna see the D find that fine line between holding 'em without actually getting flagged for holding 'em. That princess and the pea sized cushion they were giving the other team last week ain't gonna cut it.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Just walked in to see Santonio beat the brakes off of the secondary. No. We didn't need that or anything.

    Missed the 1st qtr. anybody feel like giving me a quick breakdown on whats happened thus far? How did the 1st teamers look on offense and defense?

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Oh - and remind me again why Johnny should be starting?!

  • Oh - and remind me again why Johnny should be starting?!

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @tiamat63 said:

    Oh - and remind me again why Johnny should be starting?!

    Because he's Johnny Jamboogie
  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Duuuuuuck.

  • Just walked in to see Santonio beat the brakes off of the secondary. No. We didn't need that or anything.

    Missed the 1st qtr. anybody feel like giving me a quick breakdown on whats happened thus far? How did the 1st teamers look on offense and defense?

    G gernthefish wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @tiamat63 said:

    Just walked in to see Santonio beat the brakes off of the secondary. No. We didn't need that or anything.

    Missed the 1st qtr. anybody feel like giving me a quick breakdown on whats happened thus far? How did the 1st teamers look on offense and defense?

    I thought the starters looked pretty good. Some nice passes. D-Line is scary good.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #30

    I'm not a fan of JF (yet) but he sure is fun to watch.

  • SALTS SALT wrote on last edited by
    #31

    The Browns just became fun to watch.

    I am pleasantly surprised to be saying that.

    Agreed, the D line looks good.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Both QB's showing what their strengths are tonight that's for sure. I'm hesitant to get too excited with JM running around against the scrubs of Chicago, but it can't hurt the guys confidence that's for sure.

  • Both QB's showing what their strengths are tonight that's for sure. I'm hesitant to get too excited with JM running around against the scrubs of Chicago, but it can't hurt the guys confidence that's for sure.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @jrb12711 said:

    Both QB's showing what their strengths are tonight that's for sure. I'm hesitant to get too excited with JM running around against the scrubs of Chicago, but it can't hurt the guys confidence that's for sure.

    As long as it doesn't instill a sense of false confidence. I.E. - he won't be doing that shit against 1's in the NFL.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by Ibleedbrown
    #34

    Hoyer had a nice TD drive. Couple nice catches from Gabriel. Couple nice under 10 yard runs from Tate. Cameron had a timely 3rd down catch. Agnew might have made the team with a hard fought 1 yard gain on 4th down, which ended up being unnecessary with a roughing the passer call. O line looked good to me on that first drive. Maybe best l'd seen this preseason.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Both QB's showing what their strengths are tonight that's for sure. I'm hesitant to get too excited with JM running around against the scrubs of Chicago, but it can't hurt the guys confidence that's for sure.

    As long as it doesn't instill a sense of false confidence. I.E. - he won't be doing that shit against 1's in the NFL.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @tiamat63 said:

    As long as it doesn't instill a sense of false confidence. I.E. - he won't be doing that shit against 1's in the NFL.

    Yep, Totally agree. These wounded ducks he's throwing too are discouraging that's for sure.

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Perhaps...but I'm impressed with how fast the Lil guy is learning. Hitting his second and third reads, tossed the ball to Snead rather than run.

    Ducks meh....he can practice the spin.....non issue.

  • This looks like as good of a place as any for my first post. My name is Dave and I have been a browns fan since I was a little boy watching the Cardiac Kids.

    Tonight I am looking for 1 or 2 of our receivers to step up and seize the opportunity to become solid NFL starters!

    For good or bad, Coach Pettine has challenged our current, and much maligned group of receivers to man up and show us all what they are made of.

    Who will make the most of it and breakout right before our eyes?

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #37

    @salt said:

    This looks like as good of a place as any for my first post. My name is Dave and I have been a browns fan since I was a little boy watching the Cardiac Kids.

    Tonight I am looking for 1 or 2 of our receivers to step up and seize the opportunity to become solid NFL starters!

    For good or bad, Coach Pettine has challenged our current, and much maligned group of receivers to man up and show us all what they are made of.

    Who will make the most of it and breakout right before our eyes?

    Gabriel