Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs Bears Preseason Game Night Thread***

The Browns Board
60 23 2.4k
  • What's nice to see already from Manziel is he IS making progress as a QB. He's actually making second and third reads and running safely. Gotta hit open guys though, no excuse for that.

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @jrb12711 said:

    What's nice to see already from Manziel is he IS making progress as a QB. He's actually making second and third reads and running safely. Gotta hit open guys though, no excuse for that.

    I did like seeing him make that one throw to the WR instead of running it - that is progress.

    Give him more time, don't force him to start, and he has some good potential.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #42

    i hope we all see now that while Manziel shows some real promise....he ain't ready for Pgh. Just let him sit a season please. If you want this kid to be our savior he has to sit. If you want to be myopic and selfish than by all means chant Johnny johnny the first int Hoyer throws. I wish we would all just stfu this season about our qb situation and our head coach etc, etc. Any criticism of this team should come against individual performance, especially from vets, on plays who's outcome wasn't really affected by scheme. Example...if a LB'er meets a running back in the hole and gets trucked straight backward....that's wasn't about "scheme". He just didn't take his man. Our 2nd string O line was getting driven straight backward off the line all night tonight...that's not scheme those are just pussies getting whipped off the line by 2nd and 3rd stringers.

  • Oh - and remind me again why Johnny should be starting?!

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @tiamat63 said:

    Oh - and remind me again why Johnny should be starting?!

    If for no other reason than his Marino like spirals magnificently quacking their way downfield just itching to be caught......by anyone. Anyone at all.

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #44

    So us all a favor and take your own advice. Stfu....

  • B BrownsDawgPound wrote on last edited by
    #45

    Sack!!!!!

  • ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
    #46

    wow.....100 yds in less than a 1/2....hello Mr. Crowelll!

  • So us all a favor and take your own advice. Stfu....

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @choco said:

    So us all a favor and take your own advice. Stfu....

    You can do me a favor and eat my whole ass. Sound good?

  • B BrownsDawgPound wrote on last edited by
    #48

    Crowell 48-yard rushing TD! 33-13 Browns!!!

  • wow.....100 yds in less than a 1/2....hello Mr. Crowelll!

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222
    #49

    @manzier said:

    wow.....100 yds in less than a 1/2....hello Mr. Crowelll!

    this guy will never hide on the practice squad. They are going to have to carry 4 and cut Oby. Keep Tate, West,Lewis and Crowell. Just to get the Manzielites riled up I will add that Shaw does a great Johnny Football imitation on the field.
  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #50

    lewis would be gone if i had it my way

  • @choco said:

    So us all a favor and take your own advice. Stfu....

    You can do me a favor and eat my whole ass. Sound good?

    chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @clevfan4life said:

    You can do me a favor and eat my whole ass. Sound good?

    oooooo....burn. I'm sure your classmates are giving you fist bumps.

    So I guess that little diatribe calling for an end to the QB discussion applies to everyone but you. Got it....

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #52

    I'd be willing to let Lewis go to keep Crowell

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #53

    Been a minute since the browns laid 33 on someone

  • JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by JAFBF
    #54

    Yeah, it was mostly against backups and backups of backtup, but the execution seemed to be a bit better.

    We still have a week to prep for Pitt, so hopefully we'll get a bit sharper.

    We're getting to a point where it's hard to determine who to cut to make the Roster limit . . . when is the last time that has happened?

    I'm not saying we're going to come out of the gate gangbusters, but I think we have a chance to be competitive at least - that's a plus in my book.

  • ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
    #55

    I had Crowell gone. Damn was I wrong. Cant cut him now. I saw a lot of positive s tonight. Feeling better tonight, but I had faith all along they would start to look better.

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by hx214
    #56

    Crowell might have been stacked up against guys that will be on the street next week, but damn he looked like a guy that can hit the hole and run. I can't remember the last time a Browns RB hit a hole and emerged in the other side with smoke behind him running for the goal line. The guy looks like a load too. I have a feeling Oby is gone. I like Lewis, I think he is their water bug back.

    I think the most refreshing part about this preseason is seeing a lot of players on the lower end of the draft that Farmer picked up show some actual skill. Kirksey, Shaw, Crowell and that Agnew looked like a real fullback punching holes in the dline.

  • lewis would be gone if i had it my way

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @miktoxic said:

    lewis would be gone if i had it my way

    I thought Lewis outplayed West this preseason.

    l think he had an untimely fumble. Were there multiple fumbles?

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #58

    Man, McFadden. They seemed to be giving him a nice long look tonight. I know the announcers seemed to be giving him props later in the game when he wasn't getting burned, but l dunno.

    He never seems to look for the ball. How can you play cornerback and not look for the ball?

  • ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
    #59

    I notice the browns have moved shaw up to #3 on the depth chart. Grossman had some crisp throws, but then tossed a sure pick six till the bears dropped it.

  • I notice the browns have moved shaw up to #3 on the depth chart. Grossman had some crisp throws, but then tossed a sure pick six till the bears dropped it.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @manzier said:

    I notice the browns have moved shaw up to #3 on the depth chart. Grossman had some crisp throws, but then tossed a sure pick six till the bears dropped it.

    Only means someone finally got around to removing Thigpen...