Skip to content

WTF Direct TV Removes WOIO in Cleveland

The Browns Board
30 10 1.5k
  • What channel is direct tv Sunday Ticket?

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @texasag1969 said:

    What channel is direct tv Sunday Ticket?

    702 and up I believe

  • The first week the entire NFL ticket is free as a promotion for the rest of the season. I prefer to re-up prior to the beginning of the season...but week one is usually the free promotional week

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @listercat said:

    The first week the entire NFL ticket is free as a promotion for the rest of the season. I prefer to re-up prior to the beginning of the season...but week one is usually the free promotional week

    That gives them like 5 weeks to get their shit together with two home games and a bye doubt their negotiations will drag on that long. I don't subscribe to the ticket because I have season tickets.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    What channel is direct tv Sunday Ticket?

    702 and up I believe

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @topdawg31 said:

    702 and up I believe

    Yup... 702 is the "Mix" channel with all the on-going games on one screen. It's a good one to swap to during time outs.

    The Browns/ Steelers will be on 714 according to the Channel Guide.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Bummer. Can u use antenna.

  • Where the fuck will subscribers get their CBS feed from? No WOIO means no Browns game on Sunday.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #10

    @topdawg31 said:

    Where the fuck will subscribers get their CBS feed from? No WOIO means no Browns game on Sunday.

    Wow, I've never heard Directv pulling a stunt like that- I know they got into a pissing match with The Weather Channel over about a nickel a subscriber. Local channel? Never. Unless WOIO knows they got the Browns games 90% of the time and are trying the same stunt to get a couple more cents per subscriber, and Direct told them to go pound salt.

    @kvoethe said:

    Bummer. Can u use antenna.

    Sure can. If you're in the Cleveland area, might need to hustle down to Radio Shack and pick up a good old fashioned set of Rabbit ears, or a more sophisticated amplified directional antenna. (Looks like a mini-dish). Most monitors (LOL we used to call them televisions back in the old days) should still have an "antenna in" input.

    Finally, my 0.02 on Sunday Ticket- yes I have it- and I think it's BS that they have to follow NFL blackout rules. You're certainly getting my money D* and the NFL is getting yours- to the tune of around $4 billion- so cut us long time subscribers a break. OK, I can see that for commercial establishments like bars- but Direct is plenty sophisticated enough to block blackout games to receivers located in non-private locations.

  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by TopDawg31
    #11

    Got Time Warner hooked up in one room now I'm covered if it extends too long. From what I hear is Raycom wants to double the fee charged to Direct to carry their signal.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #12

    So what's the status of the game?

    Will Direct TV open the Sunday Ticket to the viewers?

    WSS

  • @listercat said:

    The first week the entire NFL ticket is free as a promotion for the rest of the season. I prefer to re-up prior to the beginning of the season...but week one is usually the free promotional week

    That gives them like 5 weeks to get their shit together with two home games and a bye doubt their negotiations will drag on that long. I don't subscribe to the ticket because I have season tickets.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @topdawg31 said:

    That gives them like 5 weeks to get their shit together with two home games and a bye doubt their negotiations will drag on that long. I don't subscribe to the ticket because I have season tickets.

    I don't have the ticket for that same reason.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #14

    i think you have to have a dish to have directtv so i don't know if hooking up an antenna will work.

  • i think you have to have a dish to have directtv so i don't know if hooking up an antenna will work.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @miktoxic said:

    i think you have to have a dish to have directtv so i don't know if hooking up an antenna will work.

    the antenna along with the digital converter can pick up your local station though.

    WSS

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Just go to the bar and watch it.

    Problem solved

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by Kvoethe
    #17

    I built one of these in 30 minutes and it is freaking amzing. Im in columbiana county and can get pittsburgh and youngstown channels. I love it.

    Most newer tvs have converters/ decoders built in. My 3 yr old LG does.

    It wont work if your in a valley...but its awesome. Radio shack sells the little transformers, but i had one in a box of junk from my old atari days.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Yesterday afternoon I tuned into the local ABC affiliate to watch the USC-Stanford game only to see a placard that Raycom Sports is seeking an increase from DirecTV and so the game will not be available...

  • So what's the status of the game?

    Will Direct TV open the Sunday Ticket to the viewers?

    WSS

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @westside-steve said:

    So what's the status of the game?

    Will Direct TV open the Sunday Ticket to the viewers?

    WSS

    Direct TV's Sunday ticket is free to all subscribers for week one only, after that we are on our own. Do as I did and get Time Warner in one room. I have 6 HD TV's in my house so one room with TWC is doable.

  • C CMD3039 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    The game is going to be blocked on Direct TV's Sunday Ticket too.

  • The game is going to be blocked on Direct TV's Sunday Ticket too.

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @cmd3039 said:

    The game is going to be blocked on Direct TV's Sunday Ticket too.

    why would it be blacked out its an away game

  • @westside-steve said:

    So what's the status of the game?

    Will Direct TV open the Sunday Ticket to the viewers?

    WSS

    Direct TV's Sunday ticket is free to all subscribers for week one only, after that we are on our own. Do as I did and get Time Warner in one room. I have 6 HD TV's in my house so one room with TWC is doable.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @topdawg31 said:

    Direct TV's Sunday ticket is free to all subscribers for week one only, after that we are on our own. Do as I did and get Time Warner in one room. I have 6 HD TV's in my house so one room with TWC is doable.

    I would rather dig out my digital transformer and rabbit ears than to go back to Time Warner they suck. No idea how much is Sunday Ticket cost to purchase what even if I did it would cost less I assume, the extra Time Warner bill.

    WSS

  • C CMD3039 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    When a game is available for viewing on a local national channel, Directv blocks it from being viewed on their Sunday Ticket.

  • When a game is available for viewing on a local national channel, Directv blocks it from being viewed on their Sunday Ticket.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @cmd3039 said:

    When a game is available for viewing on a local national channel, Directv blocks it from being viewed on their Sunday Ticket.

    By arrangements with local stations?

    WSS

  • C CMD3039 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    That would be my guess, WSS. If you go to Directv nfl schedule and scroll down to the bottom to "Blackout Rules" they explain when they block games but do not explain why.