Skip to content

NFL Drug Policy Changes

The Browns Board
30 14 1.5k
  • that's good and all but i doubt if they would go back and 'un-punish' players if something like this is agreed upon. if that were the case wouldn't they have 're-punished' ray rice and suspended him the 6 games, since it was that major gaff that the NFL really Fd up on?

  • Yeah, that's basically what I thought, not much chance of JG getting to play.

  • that's good and all but i doubt if they would go back and 'un-punish' players if something like this is agreed upon. if that were the case wouldn't they have 're-punished' ray rice and suspended him the 6 games, since it was that major gaff that the NFL really Fd up on?

    @miktoxic said:

    if that were the case wouldn't they have 're-punished' ray rice and suspended him the 6 games...?

    No.

    Thought I'd clear that up for you...

  • thanks. feel free to chime in whenever i make a mistake..... 😉

  • Whether JG's gets rescinded depends upon whether the two parties (NFL & NFLPA) agree to that as a part of changing the standards to a higher threshold. Better hope they convince the NFL the higher threshold should be retroactive for players currently suspended for low levels. Of course then there is the pending DUI hearing for JG in Nov. But that's another story and likely to be just as big an issue for him as his current problem.

  • I think something that should be included is the discrepancies between A and B samples. Though to be honest they should just adopt the WADA rules.

  • Yes,I highly doubt the NFL will reneg on punishments doled out. The Ray Rice situation was (not) a drug offense. GODdell has washed his hands of things once again. So Ray Rice has no bearing on this,whatsoever.

    This is just more of the NFL trying to look like it's doing something.. This commissioner (Goodell) has and is making the entire league a farce.. Pete Rozelle must be laughing in his grave at this asshole.. Now there was a real commissioner!

  • No one who has already been suspended will be reversed, plain and simple. If they did that they would open the door to dozens and dozens of people wanting compensation/reversed decisions, etc. It sucks but at least moving forward it will hopefully be better.

  • thanks. feel free to chime in whenever i make a mistake..... 😉

    @miktoxic said:

    thanks. feel free to chime in whenever i make a mistake..... 😉

    Not sure I have the time for that job, but I'll do what I can... 😉

    @jrb12711 said:

    No one who has already been suspended will be reversed, plain and simple. If they did that they would open the door to dozens and dozens of people wanting compensation/reversed decisions, etc.

    Possibly, but if the level was to be revised, then any players suspended for a test result less than the new level might choose to seek relief anyway. Especially those whose suspensions are on-going...

  • Here is a policy change. Stop suspending players for smoking weed!

  • For those of you that are saying reversing of recent suspensions won't happen...

    I'm hearing that it is a very real possibility, and the main reason why Gordon hasn't filed a lawsuit yet.

  • Whether JG's gets rescinded depends upon whether the two parties (NFL & NFLPA) agree to that as a part of changing the standards to a higher threshold. Better hope they convince the NFL the higher threshold should be retroactive for players currently suspended for low levels. Of course then there is the pending DUI hearing for JG in Nov. But that's another story and likely to be just as big an issue for him as his current problem.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Whether JG's gets rescinded depends upon whether the two parties (NFL & NFLPA) agree to that as a part of changing the standards to a higher threshold. Better hope they convince the NFL the higher threshold should be retroactive for players currently suspended for low levels. Of course then there is the pending DUI hearing for JG in Nov. But that's another story and likely to be just as big an issue for him as his current problem.

    Correct. There were plenty of believable reports coming out from behind the scenes why the ruling on the Gordon suspension took so long. NFLPA wanted the weed thresholds raised- at least to military levels, and the NFL said no dice unless we get HGH testing implemented. Well, surprise, surprise, look what just came out.

    And I totally agree- get a DUI- it's at least a 2 game suspension (maybe 4) for the first offense. The players have zero excuses for drunk driving with the NFL's 800# 24\7 limo service.

  • @miktoxic said:

    thanks. feel free to chime in whenever i make a mistake..... 😉

    Not sure I have the time for that job, but I'll do what I can... 😉

    @jrb12711 said:

    No one who has already been suspended will be reversed, plain and simple. If they did that they would open the door to dozens and dozens of people wanting compensation/reversed decisions, etc.

    Possibly, but if the level was to be revised, then any players suspended for a test result less than the new level might choose to seek relief anyway. Especially those whose suspensions are on-going...

    @tour2ma said:

    Not sure I have the time for that job, but I'll do what I can... 😉

    HA!

  • For those of you that are saying reversing of recent suspensions won't happen...

    I'm hearing that it is a very real possibility, and the main reason why Gordon hasn't filed a lawsuit yet.

    @thaak said:

    For those of you that are saying reversing of recent suspensions won't happen...

    I'm hearing that it is a very real possibility, and the main reason why Gordon hasn't filed a lawsuit yet.

    I can see it now.....JG's ruling gets reversed week 10......yay!, he plays til november.....then week 12 he gets 4 games for Dui.........

  • Yeah, that's basically what I thought, not much chance of JG getting to play.

    @gftchris said:

    Yeah, that's basically what I thought, not much chance of JG getting to play.

    No he still has a chance and after watching tonights pregame it was

    announced that if the deal between the nfl and the players union get done before Sunday he may even be able to play as early as Sunday or have his sentenced reduced dramatically. So it's not done yet.

  • THAT would be special. And he is close by .........these huge contract issues usually dont get done overnight, what with all the lawyers and crap, so is it possible that they were working on this and the NFL dragged their feet on the JG ruling thinking this might get done before the season started?...

  • mfer's are just going to get our hopes up then crush us.

  • THAT would be special. And he is close by .........these huge contract issues usually dont get done overnight, what with all the lawyers and crap, so is it possible that they were working on this and the NFL dragged their feet on the JG ruling thinking this might get done before the season started?...

    @mudfly said:

    THAT would be special. And he is close by .........these huge contract issues usually dont get done overnight, what with all the lawyers and crap, so is it possible that they were working on this and the NFL dragged their feet on the JG ruling thinking this might get done before the season started?...

    I think that's exactly what happened. May have been for theatrical purposes but it sounded like they were close.
  • @gftchris said:

    Yeah, that's basically what I thought, not much chance of JG getting to play.

    No he still has a chance and after watching tonights pregame it was

    announced that if the deal between the nfl and the players union get done before Sunday he may even be able to play as early as Sunday or have his sentenced reduced dramatically. So it's not done yet.

    @erie-dawg said:

    No he still has a chance and after watching tonights pregame it was

    announced that if the deal between the nfl and the players union get done before Sunday he may even be able to play as early as Sunday or have his sentenced reduced dramatically. So it's not done yet.

    You're teasing me.

    Zombo

  • @thaak said:

    For those of you that are saying reversing of recent suspensions won't happen...

    I'm hearing that it is a very real possibility, and the main reason why Gordon hasn't filed a lawsuit yet.

    I can see it now.....JG's ruling gets reversed week 10......yay!, he plays til november.....then week 12 he gets 4 games for Dui.........

    @mudfly said:

    I can see it now.....JG's ruling gets reversed week 10......yay!, he plays til november.....then week 12 he gets 4 games for Dui.........

    So jaded that no one can doubt your Browns' credentials...