Skip to content

Fantasy football! I'll show you mine if you show me yours....

The Browns Board
3 2 327
  • G GuNNerGatSKi wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hi guys,

    So fantasy football is about to be in full swing and I thought it would be cool and interesting to share our rosters and starting lineups with each other and offer suggestions and comments. Were all Brown's fans here so let's help each other out and have some constructive fantasy conversation.

    I have three teams: One CBS team with a standard format for scoring and two APEX teams with a custom PPR scoring format.

    CBS Barking 4 a SB 1

    Starting lineup for week 1:

    QB Nick Foles

    RB1 Reggie Bush

    RB2 Stevan Ridley

    WR1 Julio Jones

    WR2 Pierre Garcon

    Flex TY Hilton

    TE Jimmy Graham

    PK Mike Nugent

    Def/ST: Tampa Bay

    Bench:

    Andre Williams RB

    Christine Michael RB

    Jordan Mathews WR

    Miles Austin WR

    Aaron Dobson WR

    I picked last at twelfth overall in this draft and as all the game breaking RBs were already off the board I figured to get a jump at TE and WR I'd take Graham and Jones with my first two picks. My biggest area of concern with this roster is my suspect starting running backs. Let's hope my prayers are answered: Ridley has a breakout year and the bush has as good or better of a year than last.

    Apex Barking 4 a SB 2

    QB Matt Ryan

    RB1 Alfred Morris

    RB2 Ryan Mathews

    WR1 AJ Green

    WR2 Brandon Marshall

    WR3 Anquan Boldin

    FLEX Reggie Bush

    TE Greg Olsen

    PK Phil Dawson

    DEF/ST Houston Texans

    Bench

    Devonta Freeman RB

    Isaiah Cromwell RB

    Knowshon Moreno RB

    Steve Smith WR

    Greg Jennings WR

    Andrew Hawkins WR

    Allen Robinson WR

    Charles Clay TE

    This is my favorite roster of the three. Have some very serviceable backs, a stellar WR Corp, great bench depth, and bushy bush the potential ppr god again this year.

    APEX Barking for a SB 3

    QB Aaron Rodgers

    RB1 Jamaal Charles

    RB2 Arian Foster

    WR1 TY Hilton

    WR 2 Miles Austin

    WR3 Sammy Watkins

    Flex Doug Martin

    TE Charles Clay

    PK Justin Tucker

    DEF/ST: Kansas City

    Bench:

    Eli Manning QB

    Khiry Robinson RB

    Stevan Ridley RB

    Brandon Cooks WR

    Dwayne Bows WR

    Jordan Mathews WR

    Robert Woods WR

    Austin Seferian Jenkins TE

    This is my huge gamble roster. Its major boom or bust here, as I went Charles, Foster, Martin with my first three picks fucking myself out of a high grade WR. This forced me to load up on boom or bust prospects like Watkins, Austin, Cooks, and Mathews and hope for a breakout or two. If my plan pays off and Charles, Martin and Foster end up all being top ten RBs I may have struck the gold mine.

    Lemme know your thoughts and suggestions one what I can do to improve my rosters. Share yours and I will do likewise.

    Good luck in your leagues this year everybody!

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I'm only reading one because 3 teams is just whoring yourself out. 2 is the sweet spot.

    I'm curious as to where you got foles?

    As for your RB situation, its pretty much terrible, so good luck with that.

    Julio and Pierre is an interesting combination so long as RGThrice can get Garcon the damn ball.

    Hilton at flex is solid. Could be a boom type season -or- he could be hurt by week 4.

    Can't argue with Graham.

    Tampa Def? Another interesting pick.

  • I'm only reading one because 3 teams is just whoring yourself out. 2 is the sweet spot.

    I'm curious as to where you got foles?

    As for your RB situation, its pretty much terrible, so good luck with that.

    Julio and Pierre is an interesting combination so long as RGThrice can get Garcon the damn ball.

    Hilton at flex is solid. Could be a boom type season -or- he could be hurt by week 4.

    Can't argue with Graham.

    Tampa Def? Another interesting pick.

    G GuNNerGatSKi wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'm only reading one because 3 teams is just whoring yourself out. 2 is the sweet spot.

    I know. I couldn't resist though as Apex was offering a discounted buy in with and increased payout to fill the league last night.

    I'm curious as to where you got foles?

    I nabbed foles in the 6rh. The fools I was drafting with started a run on QBs in the back end of the fourth round. Wanted to make sure I got my guy,Files is an interesting super boom or disappointing bust gamble IMO.

    As for your RB situation, its pretty much terrible, so good luck with that.

    Yes for my CBS League its horrific. I'm not panicking yet though gonna let the first couple weeks play out and if I'm taking a nosedive I'll attempt to orchestrate a mega deal of a trade with somebody.

    Julio and Pierre is an interesting combination so long as RGThrice can get Garcon the damn ball.

    Yes I'm counting on RGknee to stay healthy a and matt Ryan returning to a great but not elite level of play.

    Hilton at flex is solid. Could be a boom type season -or- he could be hurt by week 4.

    Yea I really liked Hilton this year. He's the best Indy has at WR and he has the skill set to be a superstar.

    Can't argue with Graham.

    No, you can't

    Tampa Def? Another interesting pick.

    Gambling on Lovie who I love and have the utmost faith in. Pun intended.