Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Sundays Positives

Sundays Positives

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
24 Posts 19 Posters 991 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • USFBrown USFBrownU Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 2k Posts
    • 270 Reputation
    USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #1

    With all the bitching I'd like to point out some positives.

    1. We had 3 running backs with 6+ yard per carry average. Great draft picks in West and Cromwell.

    2. Kruger had 2 sacks and 2 tfl.

    3. The team didn't give up and tied after being beaten down.

    4. There were actual half time adjustments made.

    5. Hawkins appears to be a good pickup.

    Yes, we didn't win our first game with a new regime and a lot of rookies seeing game action. But I see a lot of potential with this staff and players. Sure there's no moral victories but I enjoyed the game and am optimistic about the rest of the season.

    Go Browns!

    Mark OM Canton MikeC 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • USFBrownU USFBrown

      With all the bitching I'd like to point out some positives.

      1. We had 3 running backs with 6+ yard per carry average. Great draft picks in West and Cromwell.

      2. Kruger had 2 sacks and 2 tfl.

      3. The team didn't give up and tied after being beaten down.

      4. There were actual half time adjustments made.

      5. Hawkins appears to be a good pickup.

      Yes, we didn't win our first game with a new regime and a lot of rookies seeing game action. But I see a lot of potential with this staff and players. Sure there's no moral victories but I enjoyed the game and am optimistic about the rest of the season.

      Go Browns!

      Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 6k Posts
      • 1k Reputation
      Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @usfbrown said:

      With all the bitching I'd like to point out some positives.

      1. We had 3 running backs with 6+ yard per carry average. Great draft picks in West and Cromwell.

      2. Kruger had 2 sacks and 2 tfl.

      3. The team didn't give up and tied after being beaten down.

      4. There were actual half time adjustments made.

      5. Hawkins appears to be a good pickup.

      Yes, we didn't win our first game with a new regime and a lot of rookies seeing game action. But I see a lot of potential with this staff and players. Sure there's no moral victories but I enjoyed the game and am optimistic about the rest of the season.

      Go Browns!

      Sorry...only doom and gloom is allowed here. No place for optimism or looking for positives.

      That said. I completely agree.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • WalterWhite WalterWhiteW
        • 3k Posts
        • 183 Reputation
        WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Posititves:

        1. Hoyer

        2. RB's

        3. O-Line

        4. Kirskey

        5. Dansby

        6. Adjustments

        7. Gabriel, Hawkins, Dray

        Negatives

        1. Justin GREAT GOBS OF GOOSE SHIT Gilbert.

        2. Joe Haden is overrated. Sorry but he just is. He's solid but nowhere near elite status.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 7k Posts
          • 1k Reputation
          MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
          #4

          My kinda thread...Go browns!

          Outside of the first half, I saw a lot of positives too.....many we agree on....

          1) Looks like we might finally have a running game.....Tate, Crowell and West all look good and that goes a long way in this division(esp in December)....Crowell looks explosive.....he could become something really good

          2) The defense settled down and the front 7 look like what i "hoped" they would look like.....they can dominate once they gel.....

          3) Offensive line looked solid too

          4) No drops or fumbles. Receivers weren't flashy, but they were getting it done. Dray will be a good find if Jordan is out

          5) Once settled, Hoyer also looked sharp and was throwing the ball well. Needs to develop better pocket awareness. Could have easily stepped up to avoid 2 sacks. He'll get it figured out soon enough.

          6) Good to see Benjamin catch a pass. He looked very tentative on returns. Not so good actually. If he repeats next week, I vote for Gabriel or Gilbert to give it a try...(esp if gilbert isnt starting)

          7) If we start to play whole games, like we played that second half.....we will be more than fine......

          😎 The best thing of course, were the half time adjustments and how the team responded. Thats very very good.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • USFBrownU USFBrown

            With all the bitching I'd like to point out some positives.

            1. We had 3 running backs with 6+ yard per carry average. Great draft picks in West and Cromwell.

            2. Kruger had 2 sacks and 2 tfl.

            3. The team didn't give up and tied after being beaten down.

            4. There were actual half time adjustments made.

            5. Hawkins appears to be a good pickup.

            Yes, we didn't win our first game with a new regime and a lot of rookies seeing game action. But I see a lot of potential with this staff and players. Sure there's no moral victories but I enjoyed the game and am optimistic about the rest of the season.

            Go Browns!

            Canton Mike Canton MikeC
            • 4k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @usfbrown said:

            With all the bitching I'd like to point out some positives.

            1. We had 3 running backs with 6+ yard per carry average. Great draft picks in West and Cromwell.

            2. Kruger had 2 sacks and 2 tfl.

            3. The team didn't give up and tied after being beaten down.

            4. There were actual half time adjustments made.

            5. Hawkins appears to be a good pickup.

            Yes, we didn't win our first game with a new regime and a lot of rookies seeing game action. But I see a lot of potential with this staff and players. Sure there's no moral victories but I enjoyed the game and am optimistic about the rest of the season.

            Go Browns!

            Oh we played very poorly initially, but I'm with you & I would like to add a couple more positives that are BIG changes from previous Browns' teams:

            1) We did not panic & throw 90% of the time in the 2nd half. We effectively used the running game & trusted an improved defensive effort.

            2) After the successful fake punt by the Steelers, we stopped 'em 3 & out! I can't recall seeing that before. In the past, we would have crumbled & allowed an immediate score.

            Bottom line is.....The 2014 Browns have PRIDE! I am very confident in this Team that has a bright future & some excellent Veteran Leaders.

            Mike

            IN DORSEY I TRUST
            Mark OM 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

              @usfbrown said:

              With all the bitching I'd like to point out some positives.

              1. We had 3 running backs with 6+ yard per carry average. Great draft picks in West and Cromwell.

              2. Kruger had 2 sacks and 2 tfl.

              3. The team didn't give up and tied after being beaten down.

              4. There were actual half time adjustments made.

              5. Hawkins appears to be a good pickup.

              Yes, we didn't win our first game with a new regime and a lot of rookies seeing game action. But I see a lot of potential with this staff and players. Sure there's no moral victories but I enjoyed the game and am optimistic about the rest of the season.

              Go Browns!

              Oh we played very poorly initially, but I'm with you & I would like to add a couple more positives that are BIG changes from previous Browns' teams:

              1) We did not panic & throw 90% of the time in the 2nd half. We effectively used the running game & trusted an improved defensive effort.

              2) After the successful fake punt by the Steelers, we stopped 'em 3 & out! I can't recall seeing that before. In the past, we would have crumbled & allowed an immediate score.

              Bottom line is.....The 2014 Browns have PRIDE! I am very confident in this Team that has a bright future & some excellent Veteran Leaders.

              Mike

              Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 6k Posts
              • 1k Reputation
              Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @canton-mike said:

              Oh we played very poorly initially, but I'm with you & I would like to add a couple more positives that are BIG changes from previous Browns' teams:

              1) We did not panic & throw 90% of the time in the 2nd half. We effectively used the running game & trusted an improved defensive effort.

              2) After the successful fake punt by the Steelers, we stopped 'em 3 & out! I can't recall seeing that before. In the past, we would have crumbled & allowed an immediate score.

              Bottom line is.....The 2014 Browns have PRIDE! I am very confident in this Team that has a bright future & some excellent Veteran Leaders.

              Mike

              No way...this kind of positivity isn't allowed here. You can only be negative and focus on the shit that happened yesterday.

              W 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • PoeticG PoeticGP Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 4k Posts
                • 658 Reputation
                PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
                #7

                1- Heart and seeing the Browns not give up.

                2- The look on the Steelers faces mid-way through the fourth quarter.

                3- The Runningbacks are raw... in a good way. Fresh young blood in the RB stable.

                4- The WR's caught the ball, hell- one more catch and we probably win the game. Good hands.

                5- Amazing punt by Spencer to pin Pitstank inside the 1 yard line. Should have won the game. I was under the impression that one our guy had the ball with two feet down the play is dead, what happened that allowed the refs to continue his progress through to the ground and past the endzone line is beyond my pay-grade.

                The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one. -Mark Twain- "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." -Mark Twain-
                Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • LBC mike LBC mikeL Reacting Well Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Dedicated One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                  • 3k Posts
                  • 297 Reputation
                  LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  That call on the downed punt was iffy

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Frenchie F Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 605 Posts
                    • 77 Reputation
                    F Frenchie wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Positive: For a team with many new players, new coaches, and new systems, we were tied with possession of the ball and a minute remaining on the clock. That exceeded my expectation. I don't care if we go 0-15, we need to keep this FO and system in place for at least 3-4 years and hopefully more!

                    WalterWhiteW 1 Reply Last reply
                    👍
                    Quote Reply
                    • F Frenchie

                      Positive: For a team with many new players, new coaches, and new systems, we were tied with possession of the ball and a minute remaining on the clock. That exceeded my expectation. I don't care if we go 0-15, we need to keep this FO and system in place for at least 3-4 years and hopefully more!

                      WalterWhite WalterWhiteW
                      • 3k Posts
                      • 183 Reputation
                      WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by WalterWhite
                      #10

                      @frenchie said:

                      I don't care if we go 0-15

                      Most people on this board wouldn't mind 0-16 as long as we get some moral victories.

                      The Browns go 0-16, Haslam would clean house and rightfully so.

                      L 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 2k Posts
                        • 390 Reputation
                        CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Joe Haden is an elite corner. When the pass rush breaks down and Big Ben gets outside, nobody can cover Brown.

                        The D looked fine when the offense was able to sustain a few drives. Gilbert will settle in eventually.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite

                          @frenchie said:

                          I don't care if we go 0-15

                          Most people on this board wouldn't mind 0-16 as long as we get some moral victories.

                          The Browns go 0-16, Haslam would clean house and rightfully so.

                          LondonBrown L Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 4k Posts
                          • 918 Reputation
                          L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @walterwhite said:

                          Most people on this board wouldn't mind 0-16 as long as we get some moral victories.

                          The Browns go 0-16, Haslam would clean house and rightfully so.

                          Was it really neccessary for you to appear in this thread?

                          We know how you feel from all the others, why not let people have their own say without these sarcastic comments?

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • cambridgeho cambridgehoC Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 139 Reputation
                            cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Rb's looked great.

                            The Vets rallied them to get their shit together

                            Kirksey was one hell of a find

                            Manziel didnt see the field

                            non pos:

                            Where the fuck was Miles Austin?

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Mark OM Mark O

                              @canton-mike said:

                              Oh we played very poorly initially, but I'm with you & I would like to add a couple more positives that are BIG changes from previous Browns' teams:

                              1) We did not panic & throw 90% of the time in the 2nd half. We effectively used the running game & trusted an improved defensive effort.

                              2) After the successful fake punt by the Steelers, we stopped 'em 3 & out! I can't recall seeing that before. In the past, we would have crumbled & allowed an immediate score.

                              Bottom line is.....The 2014 Browns have PRIDE! I am very confident in this Team that has a bright future & some excellent Veteran Leaders.

                              Mike

                              No way...this kind of positivity isn't allowed here. You can only be negative and focus on the shit that happened yesterday.

                              Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                              • 39k Posts
                              • 9k Reputation
                              W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @mark-o said:

                              No way...this kind of positivity isn't allowed here. You can only be negative and focus on the shit that happened yesterday.

                              Or bitch about Johnny football...

                              😉

                              WSS

                              www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 23k Posts
                                • 6k Reputation
                                T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
                                #15

                                7) If we start to play whole games, like we played that second half.....we will be more than fine......

                                This-totally agree and I think the Browns will be executing a lot more of the no huddle throughout the game to insure that happens. Our coaches are not blind to seeing what works well for this team.

                                PS-and that plays in well for our #2 and #3 QBs who both ran it well in college. I was happy to see Hoyer could do it well despite not having the fastest wheels in town.

                                OsirisO 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 5k Posts
                                  • 1k Reputation
                                  jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  The biggest thing I took away from this game is the Browns should (and hopefully will) begin to form an identity of pounding the rock. Assuming Tate comes back healthy enough, it appears early on we have three strong guys to carry the load. I'd be happy to see 30-35 carries a game split between those three (or two) guys.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Zombo Z
                                    • 8k Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Brian Hoyer brought a team back from 27-3 by leading the team to 24 unanswered points on the road against a Dick LeBeau defense with his best two veteran playmakers on the bench with injuries.

                                    If you don't think that's a positive then don't even watch the games any more, just wait to hear the score and yell "finally!" Or "they all suck, Jimmy needs to blow this shit up!"

                                    Z

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Zombo Z
                                      • 8k Posts
                                      • 0 Reputation
                                      Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      P. S. If rookie Crowell didn't miss the play call on that 3rd and 1 at the ten yard line, Hoyer and the Browns probably complete the greatest comeback in the history of the rivalry ... So there's that.

                                      Z

                                      tml1138T 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • T TexasAg1969

                                        7) If we start to play whole games, like we played that second half.....we will be more than fine......

                                        This-totally agree and I think the Browns will be executing a lot more of the no huddle throughout the game to insure that happens. Our coaches are not blind to seeing what works well for this team.

                                        PS-and that plays in well for our #2 and #3 QBs who both ran it well in college. I was happy to see Hoyer could do it well despite not having the fastest wheels in town.

                                        Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 2k Posts
                                        • 125 Reputation
                                        OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @texasag1969 said:

                                        7) If we start to play whole games, like we played that second half.....we will be more than fine......

                                        This-totally agree and I think the Browns will be executing a lot more of the no huddle throughout the game to insure that happens. Our coaches are not blind to seeing what works well for this team.

                                        PS-and that plays in well for our #2 and #3 QBs who both ran it well in college. I was happy to see Hoyer could do it well despite not having the fastest wheels in town.

                                        Thing is, we don't NEED to do the no-huddle to have an effective offense. The reason the no-huddle worked is because the play calling is simplified, so the players can just go out there and play. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that some of Shanahan's plays are fifteen words long. In fact, yesterday on one of the busted plays, the play was busted because Hoyer didn't get the full play call. Why? Because the speakers in the helmet the QBs where in the NFL cut out after fifteen seconds after each play. So Shannahan's play call was taking over 15 seconds!!!

                                        Just simplify the play calling. Once the players have a season in Shannahan's offense, they can bust out the paragraph-sized plays.

                                        Also, props to Kruger, but like I said in another thread, he is going to be better this year.

                                        "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Z Zombo

                                          P. S. If rookie Crowell didn't miss the play call on that 3rd and 1 at the ten yard line, Hoyer and the Browns probably complete the greatest comeback in the history of the rivalry ... So there's that.

                                          Z

                                          tml1138 tml1138T
                                          • 745 Posts
                                          • 16 Reputation
                                          tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          Zombo said:

                                          P. S. If rookie Crowell didn't miss the play call on that 3rd and 1 at the ten yard line, Hoyer and the Browns probably complete the greatest comeback in the history of the rivalry ... So there's that.

                                          Z

                                          I took note of this as well. Too bad it has to come down to these things so often to get a win. Overall, I'm content at this point with the performance.

                                          Browns, show us this season that it wasn't a fluky comeback and that it was just shaking off the rust or a learning curve in the first half.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate