Skip to content

Pink Panther 2

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
6 3 1.2k
  • I always enjoyed the old Red Skelton, Tim Conway kind of slapstick comedy.

    Just watching Steve Martin with a fake French accent throughout the movie is funny.

    But some of the stunts, were hilarious. Basically, priceless valuables are being stolen, and a dream team

    of the greatest detectives are assembled, and Det. Clouseau sp? well,... his boss reluctantly is

    told to put him on it.

    It all gets silly and complicated, and the crime is solved, but Clouseau disagrees and ends up

    in disgrace three times.

    Ah, but the ending is a lot of fun, and alls well that ends well.

    There isn't deep meaning, there aren't well-defined character developments...

    it's just silly, and a lot of fun. I figured that most of the gags would be obvious, but they weren't.

    Clouseau quizzing the Pope as to his ring being stolen was dumb, but all in all, it was a lot of grinning and some

    serious laughter in the audience. It wasn't a waste of time, and it moved fast, you have to keep an eye on

    details. Later on, I might rent the cd just to see what I missed the first time.

    But two medium cokes, one small for me, and a big popcorn was $22. Oh yeah, now I remember

    why we don't go to the movie theater much anymore. That, and our big screen TV - rustic log cabin

    movie theater is another reason.

    There are a few jokes and dialogue that might be a bit uncomfortable for parents with middle schoolers,

    but it wasn't bad, just a bit riske'.

  • I always enjoyed the old Red Skelton, Tim Conway kind of slapstick comedy.

    Just watching Steve Martin with a fake French accent throughout the movie is funny.

    But some of the stunts, were hilarious. Basically, priceless valuables are being stolen, and a dream team

    of the greatest detectives are assembled, and Det. Clouseau sp? well,... his boss reluctantly is

    told to put him on it.

    It all gets silly and complicated, and the crime is solved, but Clouseau disagrees and ends up

    in disgrace three times.

    Ah, but the ending is a lot of fun, and alls well that ends well.

    There isn't deep meaning, there aren't well-defined character developments...

    it's just silly, and a lot of fun. I figured that most of the gags would be obvious, but they weren't.

    Clouseau quizzing the Pope as to his ring being stolen was dumb, but all in all, it was a lot of grinning and some

    serious laughter in the audience. It wasn't a waste of time, and it moved fast, you have to keep an eye on

    details. Later on, I might rent the cd just to see what I missed the first time.

    But two medium cokes, one small for me, and a big popcorn was $22. Oh yeah, now I remember

    why we don't go to the movie theater much anymore. That, and our big screen TV - rustic log cabin

    movie theater is another reason.

    There are a few jokes and dialogue that might be a bit uncomfortable for parents with middle schoolers,

    but it wasn't bad, just a bit riske'.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I always enjoyed the old Red Skelton, Tim Conway kind of slapstick comedy.

    Just watching Steve Martin with a fake French accent throughout the movie is funny.

    But some of the stunts, were hilarious. Basically, priceless valuables are being stolen, and a dream team

    of the greatest detectives are assembled, and Det. Clouseau sp? well,... his boss reluctantly is

    told to put him on it.

    It all gets silly and complicated, and the crime is solved, but Clouseau disagrees and ends up

    in disgrace three times.

    Ah, but the ending is a lot of fun, and alls well that ends well.

    There isn't deep meaning, there aren't well-defined character developments...

    it's just silly, and a lot of fun. I figured that most of the gags would be obvious, but they weren't.

    Clouseau quizzing the Pope as to his ring being stolen was dumb, but all in all, it was a lot of grinning and some

    serious laughter in the audience. It wasn't a waste of time, and it moved fast, you have to keep an eye on

    details. Later on, I might rent the cd just to see what I missed the first time.

    But two medium cokes, one small for me, and a big popcorn was $22. Oh yeah, now I remember

    why we don't go to the movie theater much anymore. That, and our big screen TV - rustic log cabin

    movie theater is another reason.

    There are a few jokes and dialogue that might be a bit uncomfortable for parents with middle schoolers,

    but it wasn't bad, just a bit riske'.

    You actually needed to go and watch this movie to know it sucked? Come on the Pink Panther? The last good Steve Martin movie was Bowfinger.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I always enjoyed the old Red Skelton, Tim Conway kind of slapstick comedy.

    Just watching Steve Martin with a fake French accent throughout the movie is funny.

    But some of the stunts, were hilarious. Basically, priceless valuables are being stolen, and a dream team

    of the greatest detectives are assembled, and Det. Clouseau sp? well,... his boss reluctantly is

    told to put him on it.

    It all gets silly and complicated, and the crime is solved, but Clouseau disagrees and ends up

    in disgrace three times.

    Ah, but the ending is a lot of fun, and alls well that ends well.

    There isn't deep meaning, there aren't well-defined character developments...

    it's just silly, and a lot of fun. I figured that most of the gags would be obvious, but they weren't.

    Clouseau quizzing the Pope as to his ring being stolen was dumb, but all in all, it was a lot of grinning and some

    serious laughter in the audience. It wasn't a waste of time, and it moved fast, you have to keep an eye on

    details. Later on, I might rent the cd just to see what I missed the first time.

    But two medium cokes, one small for me, and a big popcorn was $22. Oh yeah, now I remember

    why we don't go to the movie theater much anymore. That, and our big screen TV - rustic log cabin

    movie theater is another reason.

    There are a few jokes and dialogue that might be a bit uncomfortable for parents with middle schoolers,

    but it wasn't bad, just a bit riske'.

    You actually needed to go and watch this movie to know it sucked? Come on the Pink Panther? The last good Steve Martin movie was Bowfinger.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    You actually needed to go and watch this movie to know it sucked? Come on the Pink Panther? The last good Steve Martin movie was Bowfinger.

    You must mean PLUTO NASH.......

    😳

    WSS

  • GGG where did I say it sucked? Where?

    Just depends on the kind of movies you like.

    For slapstick, goofy comedy, it's a fun movie.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    You actually needed to go and watch this movie to know it sucked? Come on the Pink Panther? The last good Steve Martin movie was Bowfinger.

    You must mean PLUTO NASH.......

    😳

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    You must mean PLUTO NASH.......

    😳

    WSS

    Don't even start with Pluto Nash, I think my 12 year old nephew directed it. No Steve Martin was in Bowfinger.

  • @westside-steve said:

    You must mean PLUTO NASH.......

    😳

    WSS

    Don't even start with Pluto Nash, I think my 12 year old nephew directed it. No Steve Martin was in Bowfinger.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Don't even start with Pluto Nash, I think my 12 year old nephew directed it. No Steve Martin was in Bowfinger.

    AND

    Directed by Frank Oz!

    WSS