Skip to content

Saints Week

The Browns Board
56 28 3.0k
  • Brees may very well put up 500 passing against us. We need to get to him, and swiftly. If not, we are screwed.

  • Based on what Atlanta did and the way our offense started to show some life, I'm thinking we should be able to put up 500 yards of offense. We just have to figure out how to keep Brees from doing the same.

    @topdawg31 said:

    Based on what Atlanta did and the way our offense started to show some life, I'm thinking we should be able to put up 500 yards of offense. We just have to figure out how to keep Brees from doing the same.

    The Saints have a much better passing game than the Steelers. It's gonna be extremely difficult stopping them
  • We just need to outdo them not stop them. Brees will pick us apart.

  • Run the ball and hopefully get some stops on defense.

  • Win time of possession by a decent margin and we have a decent chance.

  • Like was said above. We need to run it effectively, and get pressure on Brees. He's not the tallest of QBs so collapsing the pocket, even without sacks, is key to getting him off rhythm. I think with D.Bryant back (hopefully) it should help. Problem is we may be without Mingo (shoulder injury) which means Sheard and Kruger will need to step it up.

  • How fast can Spencer Lanning run?

  • Yep. Gotta run a lot. Eat the clock and beat down their D.........and we should be able to chew up large chunks of time and yardage against their d......

    Defensively.....Take away Graham. Ghost him with Dansby on the inside, while covering him with a CB(NOT A LB!) He eats LB's for lunch....NE did this last year and he went without a catch. Totally shut him down.

    Then , while Brees is looking for pass option #2 or #3....WHACK HIM!!!

  • I also heard the Saints are 1-7 in their last 8 outside games "on grass"....weird stat, I know, but sometimes these things have a reason.....

  • Pettine laid down a challenge to the fans to be loud, give us something to be proud of or the loud will be negative.

  • The two keys on defense will be guarding Graham and not letting him get a mismatch, especially on a "Go route" against a LB, and the other will be stopping their RBs when they turn into receivers out of the backfield. The Saints know these 2 things KILL an aggressive defense. Also, look out for the crossing routes which are "man-coverage killers." Big Ben and the Steelers knew it would be hard for our CBs to guard these in man-coverage, which they also knew Pettine would utilize, and took advantage in the 1st half.

    I expect to see Poyer and Bademosi on the field as extra DBs, particularly guarding Graham. They have the size and experience that could help us quiet him. Haden should do well against Colston, and I expect Skrine to be guarding Cooks quite a bit. We really have to get pressure from 4-man fronts so we can play good coverage, otherwise this is going to be brutal.

  • Its a rob Ryan defense. Gives up chunks of yardage when he starts selling out to stop the run game. Play action is gonna burn him time and time again.

    Its all about limiting points. Bree's isn't infallible, get to him and this is a win.

  • I also heard the Saints are 1-7 in their last 8 outside games "on grass"....weird stat, I know, but sometimes these things have a reason.....

    @mudfly said:

    I also heard the Saints are 1-7 in their last 8 outside games "on grass"....weird stat, I know, but sometimes these things have a reason.....

    That can't be correct. Last season, we beat the Bucs in Tampa and the Bears in Chicago and both of those fields are grass. We also beat the Eagles in Philly last year in the playoffs and they have a grass field too.

    Counting the playoffs, the Saints were 3-1 playing outside "on grass" last season.

  • Its not the grass that's the worry....its the swirling winds in CBS.

  • Brees may very well put up 500 passing against us. We need to get to him, and swiftly. If not, we are screwed.

    @tomselleck said:

    Brees may very well put up 500 passing against us. We need to get to him, and swiftly. If not, we are screwed.

    Who the fuck are you?

  • @mudfly said:

    I also heard the Saints are 1-7 in their last 8 outside games "on grass"....weird stat, I know, but sometimes these things have a reason.....

    That can't be correct. Last season, we beat the Bucs in Tampa and the Bears in Chicago and both of those fields are grass. We also beat the Eagles in Philly last year in the playoffs and they have a grass field too.

    Counting the playoffs, the Saints were 3-1 playing outside "on grass" last season.

    @chadrochill said:

    That can't be correct. Last season, we beat the Bucs in Tampa and the Bears in Chicago and both of those fields are grass. We also beat the Eagles in Philly last year in the playoffs and they have a grass field too.

    Counting the playoffs, the Saints were 3-1 playing outside "on grass" last season.

    Your right, I worded it wrong....."7 out of the last 8 of the games that the Saints lost were outside'....

    Atlanta...dome....then...

    Panthers twice

    Rams

    Seattle

    Jets

    Patriots

    Giants....

  • A gap pressure. Especially against a shorter QB that isn't the most mobile. Bracket Graham as best as possible. I have every confidence Haden will handle Colston. Cooks is the wild card.

  • I don't know that Brees is all that superior to Roethlisberger, honestly. The browns can win this game.

  • @tomselleck said:

    Brees may very well put up 500 passing against us. We need to get to him, and swiftly. If not, we are screwed.

    Who the fuck are you?

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Who the fuck are you?

    That is classic

  • At least it's a home game