Skip to content

September 11

The Browns Board
36 23 1.1k
  • yeah all we need is the ant-obama fuckheads to turn a tribute to those who lost their lives in the country's most tragic event to happen on our soil into a vendetta political bash thread.

    oh yeah, was he the president when this event happened?

    you should be ashamed to put that avatar up here with your words. you follow the order of the commander in chief no matter who it is, or did you forget that?

  • I was at work and the news filtered through so we put the TV on. We all still considered it an accident until the second plane hit.

    I stand with the US and Israel.

    Never forget 9/11 and 7/7 like the media have here in UK.

  • I was in school as well. Ironically, going to a "government" class. I remember walking in just after the first plane hit. Every class the rest of the day we did nothing but watch coverage. Saddest thing I ever saw.

  • I was working from home that day - all of a sudden I quit typing,

    and was stunned with grief for all those Americans. It's actually

    a part of my fiction novel - talking about two folks who

    lost loved ones on 9/11. Still am stunned, like most everybody else.

  • I was at school, freshman year - got sick and went home early. Naturally there's nothing on TV so flipping through the channel's I see CNN and something about the plane.

    Next thing I know my mother had pulled my brother out of school as I watched.

    It's been 13 years, I'm still trying to understand what the hell happened.

  • I got back from school and started watching fresh prince on TV. My brother came down and turned over to the news - I was not happy! Then I realised what was going on and was just like 'holy...fuck'.

    Now I work on the 38th floor of a london office located about 2 miles from an airport, so there are planes flying within seemingliy a few hundred yards. And just for luck, I'm flying today 😁

  • I got back from school and started watching fresh prince on TV. My brother came down and turned over to the news - I was not happy! Then I realised what was going on and was just like 'holy...fuck'.

    Now I work on the 38th floor of a london office located about 2 miles from an airport, so there are planes flying within seemingliy a few hundred yards. And just for luck, I'm flying today 😁

    @gftchris said:

    I got back from school and started watching fresh prince on TV. My brother came down and turned over to the news - I was not happy! Then I realised what was going on and was just like 'holy...fuck'.

    Now I work on the 38th floor of a london office located about 2 miles from an airport, so there are planes flying within seemingliy a few hundred yards. And just for luck, I'm flying today 😁

    That can only be the one building and my company move there in two weeks !

  • @gftchris said:

    I got back from school and started watching fresh prince on TV. My brother came down and turned over to the news - I was not happy! Then I realised what was going on and was just like 'holy...fuck'.

    Now I work on the 38th floor of a london office located about 2 miles from an airport, so there are planes flying within seemingliy a few hundred yards. And just for luck, I'm flying today 😁

    That can only be the one building and my company move there in two weeks !

    @londonbrown said:

    That can only be the one building and my company move there in two weeks !

    There are a few round here. Canary Wharf is full of big buildings... 😛

  • The "best" part of the whole tragedy even today is that the goal of those responsible. They were set to strike fear and divide us as a group of citizens. Instead, on that day and moving forward we showed the exact opposite. We united and, as a country and the world at large, grew.

  • @londonbrown said:

    That can only be the one building and my company move there in two weeks !

    There are a few round here. Canary Wharf is full of big buildings... 😛

    @gftchris said:

    There are a few round here. Canary Wharf is full of big buildings... 😛

    haha yeah what was I thinking, I'm gonna be on the 36th floor

  • @gftchris said:

    There are a few round here. Canary Wharf is full of big buildings... 😛

    haha yeah what was I thinking, I'm gonna be on the 36th floor

    @londonbrown said:

    haha yeah what was I thinking, I'm gonna be on the 36th floor

    Could be Citi, HSBC, or whoever has that floor in 1 Canada Square...

  • I was in a child support hearing in Summit County Domestic Relations Court. I remember all the people I was in there with as well. While we had business to conclude, we did cut it short. I remember driving back to my office and listening to Greg Brinda on the radio basically call a play by play of the building collapse.

  • I was at home five days before being shipped off to Lackland afb for basic. Talk about a sinking feeling.

  • Nice shut down of the politicization attempt, gents...

    I was sitting stunned at my Mother's kitchen table in Parma waiting for her to get ready for a planned road trip to Chicago (had Cubs tickets for the 12th). I was watching ABC's coverage headed by Peter Jennings.

    When the 1st tower collapsed upon itself, Peter started to talk about the eruption of smoke. Then he started speculating on the cause of the smoke and it was clear he did not see the top floors collapse.

    I yelled at the TV, "It's gone, Peter! It's fucking gone!"

  • September-11th-memorial-2-large.jpg

  • I am not as impressed with the tower that replace the WTC as I wanted to be. It is tall, but not as distinctive as it should be. And it is a big cheat to have that spire on top just so they can say that it is 1776 feet tall. It is silly to me to count spires in the height of the building. The height should be measured to the highest occupiable floor.

  • I was at work.. I remember on work break.. I saw the plane fly by that left from Cleveland heading to Newark.,that eventually crashed into the pentagon...It was moving rather weirdly I thought for a commercial liner plane.. Then I got the news about the attack.. I think a lot of us just held our collective breaths that day,for sure...

  • I was at work.. I remember on work break.. I saw the plane fly by that left from Cleveland heading to Newark.,that eventually crashed into the pentagon...It was moving rather weirdly I thought for a commercial liner plane.. Then I got the news about the attack.. I think a lot of us just held our collective breaths that day,for sure...

    @nickers said:

    I was at work.. I remember on work break.. I saw the plane fly by that left from Cleveland heading to Newark.,that eventually crashed into the pentagon...It was moving rather weirdly I thought for a commercial liner plane.. Then I got the news about the attack.. I think a lot of us just held our collective breaths that day,for sure...

    The plane that crashed into the Pentagon left from Dulles in Virginia, not Cleveland to Newark.

  • Not many people give the passengers of the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania the credit they deserve. To sacrifice your own lives and cause the plane to crash when there is no question you will die in order to save the lives of countless others is the ultimate act of bravery. The innocents on flight 81 are certainly wearing halos right now.

  • it was United flight 93