Would you do it for a 1st round pick ?
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Connor Cook is not that good, and is he even eligible?
Connor Cook is probably the 2nd best prospect in the entire class. It's going to be a weak class. I warned that last year.
I wouldn't touch Jameis Winston. He's dumber than fuck, said he wasn't coming out, and should probably play baseball.
To be a QB in the NFL you need it above the shoulders and he's dumber than a gob of gooseshit.
Connor Cook is probably the 2nd best prospect in the entire class. It's going to be a weak class. I warned that last year.
I wouldn't touch Jameis Winston. He's dumber than fuck, said he wasn't coming out, and should probably play baseball.
To be a QB in the NFL you need it above the shoulders and he's dumber than a gob of gooseshit.
True. So far, very weak and over-hyped QB class coming out. Long season to go however and these guys still have a bunch of games to prove they can be NFL-caliber players.
Cook is just getting started, but has a long way to go to prove he is ready. Mariotta looks like the top guy by far and he's still not Cam Newton as far as talent goes. Mannion is the most experienced guy and has great size. Winston and Hundley seem over-hyped. Nobody else has stood out yet to me...
-
Keep an eye on Travis WIlson from Utah. Might have a breakout year.
-
-
Oh and by the way...
Hundley and Winston aren't looking all that "great" so far so for all of you counting on an "Andrew Luck" type QB in this draft, forget about it.
The 2 best prospects are Marcus Mariota and Connor Cook.
I think a huge Sleeper for one of those QB's in the New York Giants. You can tell Manning has regressed and wants out.
I think a huge Sleeper for one of those QB's in the New York Giants. You can tell Manning has regressed and wants out.
they'll probably fire their new offensive coordinator by half season if they don't show improvement.
believe me it's not manning it's that he has no OLine. they have always been built on a huge OL and a good pound 'em running game. now they have neither and they hired this guy mcadoo that looked like a genius in GB but has totally fucked up manning's game. check out how he has manning setting up for his drop backs. nothing like he's ever done in his career.
-
Brilliant. Then next September you can trade JaMarcus Winston for a first and on and on and on and on.
WSS
-
I do this trade in a heart beat. I suggested this before last Sunday. Get a 1st and 3rd or a 1st and Terrance Williams. Hell, it's Jerry, might be able to get more than that out of him.
Just don't take Marriota or Winston next year.
-
Brilliant. Then next September you can trade JaMarcus Winston for a first and on and on and on and on.
WSS
Brilliant. Then next September you can trade JaMarcus Winston for a first and on and on and on and on.
WSS
Can I assume that was a purposeful faux pas.....as in Jameis Winston=Jamarcus Russell?
-
Brilliant. Then next September you can trade JaMarcus Winston for a first and on and on and on and on.
WSS
Can I assume that was a purposeful faux pas.....as in Jameis Winston=Jamarcus Russell?
You're on top of your game tonight Gipper. Maybe Marcus Leinart?Can I assume that was a purposeful faux pas.....as in Jameis Winston=Jamarcus Russell?
WSS
-
If the Browns want to shop JM the worst thing they could do is to play him. Deal him to Jerry while the "mystery" is still there and let JERRY find out if it was worth a 1st round pick. I personally think Jerry would get the short end of the stick.
-
Nope!
We have been "QB poor" for so long, finally draft a smart, athletic one with tremendous upside, & want to trade him before he gets going? HELL NO!
Johnny is learning, but he has already shown his play making ability in limited opportunities. Let's see this through. I think we'll benefit more by keeping him here.
Mike
-
Sumlin must have thought his "special talent" gave him a better chance to win than someone running his base offense.Like Zach Martin as someone here suggested in a similar thread? The flexibility Martin would add atop Bito would be enticing...
To me it still boils down to this question: can you shape JM into an NFL QB without destroying all that made him special at A&M?
While I still do not know the answer, the talk that has come out about how Sumlin had to accommodate JM's "special talent" at A&M concerns me.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Sumlin must have thought his "special talent" gave him a better chance to win than someone running his base offense.
No argument there (surprise!), but that's relative to the other talent Sumlin had available in 2012. I wonder what choice Sumlin would make today. Anyway... we digress...
It's clear to me that "special talent" is not sufficient at the NFL level, so my question remains:
Can you shape JM into an NFL QB without destroying all that made him special at A&M?
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Connor Cook is not that good, and is he even eligible?
Certainly not in the Oregon game he was a roller coaster... great one moment... wtf in the next...
He's a Junior...
-
The Rams might need a QB as well. I'd offer him to them for a first round pick if Hoyer can play well again this week.
-
Hey, I know a team that needs a QB ... The Browns!
Brian Hoyer has five career starts and blew out his knee in one of them.
Don't ever trade a QB until you know what you have (See Atlanta, Favre).
Quarterbacks are gold. The lack of one has plagued us for 15 years.
Please do not trade this kid, he could be special. We need special.
Z
-
Hey, I know a team that needs a QB ... The Browns!
Brian Hoyer has five career starts and blew out his knee in one of them.
Don't ever trade a QB until you know what you have (See Atlanta, Favre).
Quarterbacks are gold. The lack of one has plagued us for 15 years.
Please do not trade this kid, he could be special. We need special.
Z
Zombo said:
Hey, I know a team that needs a QB ... The Browns!
Brian Hoyer has five career starts and blew out his knee in one of them.
Don't ever trade a QB until you know what you have (See Atlanta, Favre).
Quarterbacks are gold. The lack of one has plagued us for 15 years.
Please do not trade this kid, he could be special. We need special.
Z
'Zactly.
WSS
-
You're on top of your game tonight Gipper. Maybe Marcus Leinart?Can I assume that was a purposeful faux pas.....as in Jameis Winston=Jamarcus Russell?
WSS
You're on top of your game tonight Gipper. Maybe Marcus Leinart?
WSS
Mark Leinert, Matt Sanchez?
-
You're on top of your game tonight Gipper. Maybe Marcus Leinart?
WSS
Mark Leinert, Matt Sanchez?
Mark Leinert, Matt Sanchez?
Is there a highly coveted Matt or Mark in the upcoming draft?
WSS
-
Nope!
We have been "QB poor" for so long, finally draft a smart, athletic one with tremendous upside, & want to trade him before he gets going? HELL NO!
Johnny is learning, but he has already shown his play making ability in limited opportunities. Let's see this through. I think we'll benefit more by keeping him here.
Mike
finally draft a smart, athletic one with tremendous upside
usually agree with you mike but none of those things have been proven yet.
want to walk into a poker hand with 2 aces high or one?
-
finally draft a smart, athletic one with tremendous upside
usually agree with you mike but none of those things have been proven yet.
want to walk into a poker hand with 2 aces high or one?
usually agree with you mike but none of those things have been proven yet.
want to walk into a poker hand with 2 aces high or one?
Mik,
While none have been proven during an NFL season, Johnny HAS made some plays in exhibition season that, combined with his past accomplishments, show that he CAN be special in the NFL. I have yet to see any of that from the any of the draft picks folks want in his place. Time will tell, but from what I see, what Coaches & veteran Players have said, I am not willing to trade him to go back to square one.
I don't consider draft picks "aces"....just big question marks.
Mike
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đ
Register Login