2014 Highschool Football Season !
-
Again, in my opinion, way too many divisions. This many divisions is just a money grab by the OHSAA who garners the proceeds from these playoff games. You could actually have teams with losing records make the playoffs in the lower divisions. Five would be enough.
-
If you are a city dweller that might make sense. - the 7 divisions are a boon to rural schools, especially areas with shrinking school age population. You could perhaps roll division 4 and division 5 shools and division 6 and division 7 schools with some degree of fairness. Even then, the amount of boys available between a Division 6 and Division 7 squad is significant. Especially if kids have soccer and cross country available to them.
My graduating class had 138, my sons class in the same school is now 92 kids. Across 9-12 that's about 160 less kids in the school. Or about 70-80 less boys in the school which affects the numbers available to play school.
-
Div I
Ed's
Hudson
Mentor
Westerville Central
St X
Moeller
Wayne
Lakota West
Couple of good games this week
Hudson vs mentor
st x vs moeller
Not too many surprises at this point... actually Lakota West is the lone surprise at this point.
I'm picking Ed's vs St. X
-
The cream has risen to the top.
St. Edward vs. Hudson
Moeller vs. Wayne
A lot of great games in the lower divisions also. Anybody still have a team left?
-
The cream has risen to the top.
St. Edward vs. Hudson
Moeller vs. Wayne
A lot of great games in the lower divisions also. Anybody still have a team left?
The cream has risen to the top.
St. Edward vs. Hudson
Moeller vs. Wayne
A lot of great games in the lower divisions also. Anybody still have a team left?
Sort of. My niece and nephew attended St. Vincent St. Mary. They are still in play.
But note this quote from board owner Stan:
Ed's, Mentor, Iggy??? Who knows, they'll have to play it out again. Can Hudson be a spoiler, I have my doubts.
Stan has to bite his lip apparently. Hudson took out his alma mater, Mentor.
I also had a step-nephew attend St. X in Cincinnati.....but I don't really count him as family.
I was once friends with the Mayor of Coldwater. But I think he has since passed away.
-
The cream has risen to the top.
St. Edward vs. Hudson
Moeller vs. Wayne
A lot of great games in the lower divisions also. Anybody still have a team left?
Sort of. My niece and nephew attended St. Vincent St. Mary. They are still in play.
But note this quote from board owner Stan:
Ed's, Mentor, Iggy??? Who knows, they'll have to play it out again. Can Hudson be a spoiler, I have my doubts.
Stan has to bite his lip apparently. Hudson took out his alma mater, Mentor.
I also had a step-nephew attend St. X in Cincinnati.....but I don't really count him as family.
I was once friends with the Mayor of Coldwater. But I think he has since passed away.
Sort of. My niece and nephew attended St. Vincent St. Mary. They are still in play.
But note this quote from board owner Stan:
Ed's, Mentor, Iggy??? Who knows, they'll have to play it out again. Can Hudson be a spoiler, I have my doubts.
Stan has to bite his lip apparently. Hudson took out his alma mater, Mentor.
I also had a step-nephew attend St. X in Cincinnati.....but I don't really count him as family.
I was once friends with the Mayor of Coldwater. But I think he has since passed away.
Family and friends have attended Ed's and Iggy's
Heck, I have drank myself silly in that bar.
I root for Ed's over Iggy's
Iggy's has won enough
I personally think the "private/Catholic" schools should have their own division.Public schools can't recruit like the P/C schools can and DO.
But that's for another topic
-
-
What an awesome state title game!!
Huber Heights Wayne gave St Edwards all they could handle.
Even though the St Eds defense only gave up 7 points, Wayne scored on a kick return and a fumble recovery.
Second half was the Eagle D shutting down any hopes the Warriors had.
Looking forward to next year.... Mentor has really stepped up by scheduling St X for a 2 year schedule
St Edwards graduates at least 10 D1 players
Balance really returns to D1 next year.
-
Zombo said:
St. Ed's is still the class of the state.
Beat down all the pussy public schools.
Zombo
$$$$$$$$$$$
-
???
Are you insinuating that private school familys don't contribute enough tax dollars to their local public schools?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login