Skip to content

we got seriously lucky today...

The Browns Board
82 30 2.4k
  • Lol. Think he is a ravens fan

    pls explain what of my post came off like a "ravens" fan? Like seriously what on earth screams Ravens? All of you would be calling for Pettines job if we lost that game....I know that cause a decent number of you were calling for it approx. 1 game into the preseason. I had some valid observations about the game today. Especially the part about backing off of Brees who we were knucklefucking for a good part of the 1st half. The interception and return, which was a good job out of Gipson.....was the result of Kruger groping Brees like a drunk pgh qb in an underage nightclub.

    @lbc-mike said:

    Lol. Think he is a ravens fan

  • @choco said:

    Not a ravens fan. Just a fickle little bitch.

    I didn't make it past 7 words of the post before I knew the schtick.

    And what "schtick" was that nancy?

    @clevfan4life said:

    And what "schtick" was that nancy?

    You're loser mentality. Bitching about everything bad, ignoring the good.

  • but I didn't ignore the good, or can you not read? do we need to read a page of harry potter on youtube to prove our literacy?

  • Luck didn't put points on the board. Stfu and go sit in a corner.

  • We beat a championship contending team today, without 2 of our best players. Yea, there are things that need to be cleaned up, but damn....... I'm enjoying the H E L L out of this win and will take 14 more just like it.

  • I think this was a very deserved win.

  • There's plenty to pick at in this win.

    This thread takes "the glass half empty" approach.

    Others are gushing with unwarranted praise...

    Average them out...

    This glass was half full.

  • Hey Clevfan4life, excuse the boys chasing butterflies and shooting rainbows out of their ass, I enjoy raeding full reporst of the game (the Good with the Bad). We are far from an elite team yet and there will ALWAYS be room for improvement.

    I agree on Hoyer tossing some pretty wild wounded ducks out there today. He's actually lucky that he didn't have one or even a couple picked.

    I don't agree that we were "lucky". I think we played a well coached game. It's Drew Freaking Brees and Company in town, I don't think running the same look at him, no matter what the early success, would have cut it either. Our DB's had as much to do with the pressure on Brees as our rush from the edge. Our DB's scheme might have changed, going to more zone especially in the prevent defense before the half. Then we got caught up in mis-matches (height). At that point we finished off with a huge play by Dansby up the middle for the sack that actually had as much to do with winning the game as any play did this afternoon. Give the coaching some credit to use nearly every phase of our defense to counter a pretty darn potent offense.

    I agree with you that I wasn't a big Manziel fan until most of the way through preseason when i started to realize that this kid will put balls-to-the-wall for us and do everything he can to make plays. I thought our offense became stale at mid-game and called for us to put in Manziel to give a different look, or at least a running threat on roll-outs. I was happy to see us trot him out there, but didn't think we aligned the plays necessary for the situation. I like that we at least attempted to use every tool in the wood shed.

    After the win, I'm most worried about Hoyer. His passes weren't commanding enough. Floated too many, then whizzed one past a receiver on a slant in front of the LB's. I'm worried that he isn't going to be able to stretch a defense long. Any pass over intermediate depth today was a dying quail.

    Love the run game. Still wish West would duck his head at times to gain another critical yard or two here or there, but the upright running will bust more long runs in his future. reminds me a bit of Leroy Hoard.

  • The has never been a game played without something to bicker about.

    Its when the bickering overshadows the win.

    The interior DL got handled the entire game. We had not kitchen though....guys were likely tired.

    Run D needs work. Perfection is unattainable in this league. Even the worst teams are going to make plays.

  • Hey Clevfan4life, excuse the boys chasing butterflies and shooting rainbows out of their ass, I enjoy raeding full reporst of the game (the Good with the Bad). We are far from an elite team yet and there will ALWAYS be room for improvement.

    I agree on Hoyer tossing some pretty wild wounded ducks out there today. He's actually lucky that he didn't have one or even a couple picked.

    I don't agree that we were "lucky". I think we played a well coached game. It's Drew Freaking Brees and Company in town, I don't think running the same look at him, no matter what the early success, would have cut it either. Our DB's had as much to do with the pressure on Brees as our rush from the edge. Our DB's scheme might have changed, going to more zone especially in the prevent defense before the half. Then we got caught up in mis-matches (height). At that point we finished off with a huge play by Dansby up the middle for the sack that actually had as much to do with winning the game as any play did this afternoon. Give the coaching some credit to use nearly every phase of our defense to counter a pretty darn potent offense.

    I agree with you that I wasn't a big Manziel fan until most of the way through preseason when i started to realize that this kid will put balls-to-the-wall for us and do everything he can to make plays. I thought our offense became stale at mid-game and called for us to put in Manziel to give a different look, or at least a running threat on roll-outs. I was happy to see us trot him out there, but didn't think we aligned the plays necessary for the situation. I like that we at least attempted to use every tool in the wood shed.

    After the win, I'm most worried about Hoyer. His passes weren't commanding enough. Floated too many, then whizzed one past a receiver on a slant in front of the LB's. I'm worried that he isn't going to be able to stretch a defense long. Any pass over intermediate depth today was a dying quail.

    Love the run game. Still wish West would duck his head at times to gain another critical yard or two here or there, but the upright running will bust more long runs in his future. reminds me a bit of Leroy Hoard.

    @atenears said:

    Hey Clevfan4life, excuse the boys chasing butterflies and shooting rainbows out of their ass, I enjoy raeding full reporst of the game (the Good with the Bad). We are far from an elite team yet and there will ALWAYS be room for improvement.

    I agree on Hoyer tossing some pretty wild wounded ducks out there today. He's actually lucky that he didn't have one or even a couple picked.

    I don't agree that we were "lucky". I think we played a well coached game. It's Drew Freaking Brees and Company in town, I don't think running the same look at him, no matter what the early success, would have cut it either. Our DB's had as much to do with the pressure on Brees as our rush from the edge. Our DB's scheme might have changed, going to more zone especially in the prevent defense before the half. Then we got caught up in mis-matches (height). At that point we finished off with a huge play by Dansby up the middle for the sack that actually had as much to do with winning the game as any play did this afternoon. Give the coaching some credit to use nearly every phase of our defense to counter a pretty darn potent offense.

    I agree with you that I wasn't a big Manziel fan until most of the way through preseason when i started to realize that this kid will put balls-to-the-wall for us and do everything he can to make plays. I thought our offense became stale at mid-game and called for us to put in Manziel to give a different look, or at least a running threat on roll-outs. I was happy to see us trot him out there, but didn't think we aligned the plays necessary for the situation. I like that we at least attempted to use every tool in the wood shed.

    After the win, I'm most worried about Hoyer. His passes were commanding enough. Floated too many, then whizzed one past a receive on a slant in front of the LB's. I'm worried that he isn't going to be able to stretch a defense long. Any pass over intermediate depth today was a dying quail.

    Love the run game. Still wish West would duck his head at times to gain another critical yard or two here or there, but the upright running will bust more long runs in his future. reminds me a bit of Leroy Hoard.

    I don't think Hoyer is going to last long. Think Manziel will be in before game 6 or seven. Two hand offs and a pass that should have been caught.

  • Hey Clevfan4life, excuse the boys chasing butterflies and shooting rainbows out of their ass, I enjoy raeding full reporst of the game (the Good with the Bad). We are far from an elite team yet and there will ALWAYS be room for improvement.

    I agree on Hoyer tossing some pretty wild wounded ducks out there today. He's actually lucky that he didn't have one or even a couple picked.

    I don't agree that we were "lucky". I think we played a well coached game. It's Drew Freaking Brees and Company in town, I don't think running the same look at him, no matter what the early success, would have cut it either. Our DB's had as much to do with the pressure on Brees as our rush from the edge. Our DB's scheme might have changed, going to more zone especially in the prevent defense before the half. Then we got caught up in mis-matches (height). At that point we finished off with a huge play by Dansby up the middle for the sack that actually had as much to do with winning the game as any play did this afternoon. Give the coaching some credit to use nearly every phase of our defense to counter a pretty darn potent offense.

    I agree with you that I wasn't a big Manziel fan until most of the way through preseason when i started to realize that this kid will put balls-to-the-wall for us and do everything he can to make plays. I thought our offense became stale at mid-game and called for us to put in Manziel to give a different look, or at least a running threat on roll-outs. I was happy to see us trot him out there, but didn't think we aligned the plays necessary for the situation. I like that we at least attempted to use every tool in the wood shed.

    After the win, I'm most worried about Hoyer. His passes weren't commanding enough. Floated too many, then whizzed one past a receiver on a slant in front of the LB's. I'm worried that he isn't going to be able to stretch a defense long. Any pass over intermediate depth today was a dying quail.

    Love the run game. Still wish West would duck his head at times to gain another critical yard or two here or there, but the upright running will bust more long runs in his future. reminds me a bit of Leroy Hoard.

    a most sensible post. Only think I disagree with is backing off Brees. You force the team to adjust to what you're doing. They countered our pressure with the run game. I obviously didn't like how "yet again" our LB'ers were missing some easy tackles but I still put my OLB'ers hands in the dirt on obvious passing downs..which we didn't do. I wanted to see Kruger and Sheard with at least 2 sacks this game each because those sacks were out there had we pressed. We had Brees rattled, you take his head out of the game and we don't need a FG in the closing seconds to win it. Nobody can honestly see what Brees and Graham were able to do in the 2nd half and say our defensive scheme was properly adjusted. We got all over that ass in the 1st half, no half empty or half full or whatever cup....it was awesome to see. The energy was palpable, the crowd was utterly pumped to see how were were pressing.

    @atenears said:

    Hey Clevfan4life, excuse the boys chasing butterflies and shooting rainbows out of their ass, I enjoy raeding full reporst of the game (the Good with the Bad). We are far from an elite team yet and there will ALWAYS be room for improvement.

    I agree on Hoyer tossing some pretty wild wounded ducks out there today. He's actually lucky that he didn't have one or even a couple picked.

    I don't agree that we were "lucky". I think we played a well coached game. It's Drew Freaking Brees and Company in town, I don't think running the same look at him, no matter what the early success, would have cut it either. Our DB's had as much to do with the pressure on Brees as our rush from the edge. Our DB's scheme might have changed, going to more zone especially in the prevent defense before the half. Then we got caught up in mis-matches (height). At that point we finished off with a huge play by Dansby up the middle for the sack that actually had as much to do with winning the game as any play did this afternoon. Give the coaching some credit to use nearly every phase of our defense to counter a pretty darn potent offense.

    I agree with you that I wasn't a big Manziel fan until most of the way through preseason when i started to realize that this kid will put balls-to-the-wall for us and do everything he can to make plays. I thought our offense became stale at mid-game and called for us to put in Manziel to give a different look, or at least a running threat on roll-outs. I was happy to see us trot him out there, but didn't think we aligned the plays necessary for the situation. I like that we at least attempted to use every tool in the wood shed.

    After the win, I'm most worried about Hoyer. His passes were commanding enough. Floated too many, then whizzed one past a receive on a slant in front of the LB's. I'm worried that he isn't going to be able to stretch a defense long. Any pass over intermediate depth today was a dying quail.

    Love the run game. Still wish West would duck his head at times to gain another critical yard or two here or there, but the upright running will bust more long runs in his future. reminds me a bit of Leroy Hoard.

  • you guys got understand my position. best friends are gints/steelers/cowboy and redskin's fans (1 friend =3 teams).

    to actually have 4 phone calls after the game from everybody i've known since living here congratulating me for the brown's win was craaaazy!

    i was on delay without video and my friends int the tavern were better than bernie, bert or oscar.

  • no doubt, they earned it

    most significant home victory since 11/12 against pisspuke

  • The has never been a game played without something to bicker about.

    Its when the bickering overshadows the win.

    The interior DL got handled the entire game. We had not kitchen though....guys were likely tired.

    Run D needs work. Perfection is unattainable in this league. Even the worst teams are going to make plays.

    @choco said:

    The interior DL got handled the entire game. We had not kitchen though....guys were likely tired.

    So much whining, quit your whining bro. 😒

  • you guys got understand my position. best friends are gints/steelers/cowboy and redskin's fans (1 friend =3 teams).

    to actually have 4 phone calls after the game from everybody i've known since living here congratulating me for the brown's win was craaaazy!

    i was on delay without video and my friends int the tavern were better than bernie, bert or oscar.

    @miktoxic said:

    you guys got understand my position. best friends are gints/steelers/cowboy and redskin's fans (1 friend =3 teams).

    to actually have 4 phone calls after the game from everybody i've known since living here congratulating me for the brown's win was craaaazy!

    i was on delay without video and my friends int the tavern were better than bernie, bert or oscar.

    I got the same calls from PA where I have family. It's great to win, especially a home opener...but there were problems. Anybody that paid attention to some of Hoyers easy throws he butchered that wasn't looking cockeyed at the screen...well I dunno. I'm giving credit where it's due though. Our OLB'ers are finally starting to get home, when they're turned loose...our running game is back, thank god. That's good shit to hang your hat on. The issue with me is that prior to the season starting I didn't think we had a chance in the North...after watching the Pgh game and then the Ravens/Pgh game...my opinion is changing. We might actually have a shot at the North, which means some of this stuff y'all are giving a pass on just cause we won...that won't cut it. We have to tackle, I mean this is football right? If you don't tackle you won't take a French schoolyard let alone the AFC north.

  • you guys got understand my position. best friends are gints/steelers/cowboy and redskin's fans (1 friend =3 teams).

    to actually have 4 phone calls after the game from everybody i've known since living here congratulating me for the brown's win was craaaazy!

    i was on delay without video and my friends int the tavern were better than bernie, bert or oscar.

    @miktoxic said:

    you guys got understand my position. best friends are gints/steelers/cowboy and redskin's fans (1 friend =3 teams).

    to actually have 4 phone calls after the game from everybody i've known since living here congratulating me for the brown's win was craaaazy!

    i was on delay without video and my friends int the tavern were better than bernie, bert or oscar.

    Bernie is still doing commentary?

  • My FB is blowing up with "Has hell frozen over?" "OMG, the zombie apocalypse has to be next" lmao

  • I can't remember when our last home opener win was, 80's anybody?

  • I can't remember when our last home opener win was, 80's anybody?

    @topdawg31 said:

    I can't remember when our last home opener win was, 80's anybody?

    We were 1 - 14 since 1999 before this.

    It's either 10 or 12 years since that win

  • @topdawg31 said:

    I can't remember when our last home opener win was, 80's anybody?

    We were 1 - 14 since 1999 before this.

    It's either 10 or 12 years since that win

    @jafbf said:

    We were 1 - 14 since 1999 before this.

    It's either 10 or 12 years since that win

    what was truly amazing was FE Stadium was full til the final whistle