we got seriously lucky today...
-
Think it will be loud from now on?
-
Hey Clevfan4life, excuse the boys chasing butterflies and shooting rainbows out of their ass, I enjoy raeding full reporst of the game (the Good with the Bad). We are far from an elite team yet and there will ALWAYS be room for improvement.
I agree on Hoyer tossing some pretty wild wounded ducks out there today. He's actually lucky that he didn't have one or even a couple picked.
I don't agree that we were "lucky". I think we played a well coached game. It's Drew Freaking Brees and Company in town, I don't think running the same look at him, no matter what the early success, would have cut it either. Our DB's had as much to do with the pressure on Brees as our rush from the edge. Our DB's scheme might have changed, going to more zone especially in the prevent defense before the half. Then we got caught up in mis-matches (height). At that point we finished off with a huge play by Dansby up the middle for the sack that actually had as much to do with winning the game as any play did this afternoon. Give the coaching some credit to use nearly every phase of our defense to counter a pretty darn potent offense.
I agree with you that I wasn't a big Manziel fan until most of the way through preseason when i started to realize that this kid will put balls-to-the-wall for us and do everything he can to make plays. I thought our offense became stale at mid-game and called for us to put in Manziel to give a different look, or at least a running threat on roll-outs. I was happy to see us trot him out there, but didn't think we aligned the plays necessary for the situation. I like that we at least attempted to use every tool in the wood shed.
After the win, I'm most worried about Hoyer. His passes weren't commanding enough. Floated too many, then whizzed one past a receiver on a slant in front of the LB's. I'm worried that he isn't going to be able to stretch a defense long. Any pass over intermediate depth today was a dying quail.
Love the run game. Still wish West would duck his head at times to gain another critical yard or two here or there, but the upright running will bust more long runs in his future. reminds me a bit of Leroy Hoard.
I don't agree that we were "lucky".
After the win, I'm most worried about Hoyer. His passes weren't commanding enough. Floated too many, then whizzed one past a receiver on a slant in front of the LB's. I'm worried that he isn't going to be able to stretch a defense long. Any pass over intermediate depth today was a dying quail.
But please explain to me how Hoyer's pass to Austin at the sideline with 15 seconds left was not "commanding enough". Or the 4th down completion to Barnidge if you prefer...
Any issues BH had passing were not "depth" related. They were feet related. Back foot weak... step in strong. I believe the "whizzer" you cite was the one where Austin stopped a slant.
But I do agree that we were not lucky... so we have that...
I don't think Hoyer is going to last long. Think Manziel will be in before game 6 or seven. Two hand offs and a pass that should have been caught.
Caught? Because FBs are expected to hold onto passes that come to them late and weak allowing the defender to strip it before it can be tucked away?
Snap was at 8:14 of Q3. And BTW... Agnew was open before JM bailed unnecessarily out of the pocket.
But he was 2 for 2 handing off.
a most sensible post. Only think I disagree with is backing off Brees. You force the team to adjust to what you're doing.
... no half empty or half full or whatever cup....it was awesome to see. The energy was palpable, the crowd was utterly pumped to see how were were pressing.
First, it's a glass not a cup...
Second, I agree that defensively we seemed to start off very aggressive, but backed off. I'd like to know why so I hope Pettine is asked the question.
-
-
Hoyer was fine today.
There were two or three passes that should have been caught, a few he had to throw away because defenders were on him, and a few others where WR's shorted or ran the wrong route.
Even with this, he completed over 60% of his passes.
I can't complain about that.
-
don't cheer too loud. somebody will call the noise police
you'd think you were watching the game in a musuem
-
don't cheer too loud. somebody will call the noise police
you'd think you were watching the game in a musuem
-
I don't agree that we were "lucky".
After the win, I'm most worried about Hoyer. His passes weren't commanding enough. Floated too many, then whizzed one past a receiver on a slant in front of the LB's. I'm worried that he isn't going to be able to stretch a defense long. Any pass over intermediate depth today was a dying quail.
But please explain to me how Hoyer's pass to Austin at the sideline with 15 seconds left was not "commanding enough". Or the 4th down completion to Barnidge if you prefer...
Any issues BH had passing were not "depth" related. They were feet related. Back foot weak... step in strong. I believe the "whizzer" you cite was the one where Austin stopped a slant.
But I do agree that we were not lucky... so we have that...
I don't think Hoyer is going to last long. Think Manziel will be in before game 6 or seven. Two hand offs and a pass that should have been caught.
Caught? Because FBs are expected to hold onto passes that come to them late and weak allowing the defender to strip it before it can be tucked away?
Snap was at 8:14 of Q3. And BTW... Agnew was open before JM bailed unnecessarily out of the pocket.
But he was 2 for 2 handing off.
a most sensible post. Only think I disagree with is backing off Brees. You force the team to adjust to what you're doing.
... no half empty or half full or whatever cup....it was awesome to see. The energy was palpable, the crowd was utterly pumped to see how were were pressing.
First, it's a glass not a cup...
Second, I agree that defensively we seemed to start off very aggressive, but backed off. I'd like to know why so I hope Pettine is asked the question.
But please explain to me how Hoyer's pass to Austin at the sideline with 15 seconds left was not "commanding enough". Or the 4th down completion to Barnidge if you prefer...
Really? You do realize how close that reception to Austin was nearly ruled in-bounds, leaving us with 6-seconds and a desperation heave, chance short yardage play on the sideline, or mid 50+ fieldgoal try right? Lucky, maybe even ill advised, definitely not solidly "commanding".
The Barnidge 4th play was awesome, moreso on Barnidges part though no? Heck of a catch. Hoyer got it there but greater clutch catch.
You're not going to bring up the Hawkins pass that got us to the 11-yardline and in place for a 29-yrd Field Goal? Was that Commanding? Or was Hawkins open by the size of Rob Ryans girth and Hoyer nearly got the yippies and moused the throw? That should have been a TD pass.
You can't tell me that he didn't throw a couple of passes that were so butt ugly wobbly and floating that even the receivers and defenders couldn't judge'em to get in the same area code. Him and his receivers were not on the same page on other throws, and that's not all on Hoyer, but also doesn't spell "commanding" either.
Any issues BH had passing were not "depth" related. They were feet related. Back foot weak... step in strong.
Oh my bad ... he just never threw a great intermediate to deep ball because his shoelaces weren't tied by his Mom. Got it!
Thanks for the class, teach.
-
Wtf, of course there are going to be problems, and sometimes you need a bit of luck to win...thats just fucking life, not just the nfl.
We have a new coach, new oc, new qb, rookie rbs. The first two games have shown we dont quit, our team can adapt, we play the whole 60 mins and we overcome. We are a fg away from being 2-0!!!!!!! Cant you just be happy that your team isnt looking like the doormat everyone expects. There wasnt a single NFL analyst that picked us to win and they are supposed to be the experts.
You can pick a part any teams performance, win or lose. What do you think Sean Payton is doing right now and his team is 0-2.
Try being part of the solution instead of the problem.
Quit bringing that shit around here.
-
Not much wrong with the OP's post except timing. Fuck all the critique at least until tomorrow. WE JUST WON A HOME OPENER AGAINST THE SAINTS. LET ME REPEAT....WE JUST WON A HOME OPENER
Not much wrong with the OP's post except timing. Fuck all the critique at least until tomorrow. WE JUST WON A HOME OPENER AGAINST THE SAINTS. LET ME REPEAT....WE JUST WON A HOME OPENER
Then why are you here? Shouldn't you be out celebrating? Firing an AK47 in the air, or popping streamers?
Never understood people running to message board forums to tell others to not talk about the subject of the forum. If I could blow bubbles out of this guys monitor to make him happy I would ... but it's football, no cake, presents or warm puppy kisses, just football pal.
-
We won. My personal wishes are being granted so far- win at home.
If people are going to nitpick, fine. I had Brees getting away with 3 intentional grounding calls, and after 2 of those, the Saints went on to score TDs.
We aren't a contender (yet), but this is a big step. Win a few more of these, look out AFC North.
-
We won. My personal wishes are being granted so far- win at home.
If people are going to nitpick, fine. I had Brees getting away with 3 intentional grounding calls, and after 2 of those, the Saints went on to score TDs.
We aren't a contender (yet), but this is a big step. Win a few more of these, look out AFC North.
We won. My personal wishes are being granted so far- win at home.
If people are going to nitpick, fine. I had Brees getting away with 3 intentional grounding calls, and after 2 of those, the Saints went on to score TDs.
We aren't a contender (yet), but this is a big step. Win a few more of these, look out AFC North.
Almost seemed like the Saints were keeping a back in just so he could throw it at their feet when he got in trouble. I agree, it was bogus, but unfortunately within rule.
-
Never understood why fans run to a message board after a win to cry about missed opportunities or almost fails after a win...
Never understood why fans run to a message board after a win to cry about missed opportunities or almost fails after a win...
That's what you want to hear. Every poster on here that has even remotely brought up an area of improvement also very much touched on much improved and positive plays, but unfortunately you can only also take so much, "Yea, great game, they're the best, best Home Opener in the World, Greatest team ever, Kardiac Kids, Bubbles, Puppy Kisses, Mom's hugs feel so good, I'm in Love" ... it is a football game with many nooks and crannies, and also not hard to skip any unfavorable dialog if you wish.
-
I've said this before, and I'm a-gonna say it again........ For the Browns to start winning consistently, they need to learn how to win, and the only way they can learn how to win, is to win....... Huge step forward today:
1) Playing one of the top teams in the NFL coming off a loss of their own
2) We were missing 2 of our best players
3) Our QB was starting his................... 5th NFL game - EVER
4) Our RBs were both rookies, one of which went undrafted.
5) Our *best player* was out and the cause of distraction all week - AGAIN
6) Our HC is coaching his............... 2nd NFL game - EVER
^^^^ Damn that's a lot of things stacked against us.
GO BROWNS!!!
-
On that last pass to Hawkins, Hoyer said he got hit as he was throwing it . . . :
-
On that last pass to Hawkins, Hoyer said he got hit as he was throwing it . . . :
On that last pass to Hawkins, Hoyer said he got hit as he was throwing it . . . :
He's deeply wrong: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014091403/2014/REG2/saints@browns#contentId=0ap3000000394322
-
Never understood why fans run to a message board after a win to cry about missed opportunities or almost fails after a win...
That's what you want to hear. Every poster on here that has even remotely brought up an area of improvement also very much touched on much improved and positive plays, but unfortunately you can only also take so much, "Yea, great game, they're the best, best Home Opener in the World, Greatest team ever, Kardiac Kids, Bubbles, Puppy Kisses, Mom's hugs feel so good, I'm in Love" ... it is a football game with many nooks and crannies, and also not hard to skip any unfavorable dialog if you wish.
wow...youve become a bitter old man.That's what you want to hear. Every poster on here that has even remotely brought up an area of improvement also very much touched on much improved and positive plays, but unfortunately you can only also take so much, "Yea, great game, they're the best, best Home Opener in the World, Greatest team ever, Kardiac Kids, Bubbles, Puppy Kisses, Mom's hugs feel so good, I'm in Love" ... it is a football game with many nooks and crannies, and also not hard to skip any unfavorable dialog if you wish.
Carry on then with your subjective analysis. Wouldnt want you to have any fun or anything.
Edit: I guess I only made it 6 months before the sad state of browns fandom has beat me down again. There's quite a few good posters here, many, many more losers. So, if I'm to ever enjoy football it'll have to be elsewhere.
Ypou own this fucking site....yet epitomize this loser mentality. You finally show up after a win and do little but contribute to the negativity surrounding the win. Good fucking job man.
There's a time for discussing improve!nts. Its called tomorrpw. Have fun wallowing in your misery. I just can't take it anymore.
To the rest of you, take care and try to enjoy the season.
-
On that last pass to Hawkins, Hoyer said he got hit as he was throwing it . . . :
He's deeply wrong: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014091403/2014/REG2/saints@browns#contentId=0ap3000000394322
Yeah, my mistake, he got hit and didn't see the catch - thought he said he got hit as he threw it.
-
wow...youve become a bitter old man.That's what you want to hear. Every poster on here that has even remotely brought up an area of improvement also very much touched on much improved and positive plays, but unfortunately you can only also take so much, "Yea, great game, they're the best, best Home Opener in the World, Greatest team ever, Kardiac Kids, Bubbles, Puppy Kisses, Mom's hugs feel so good, I'm in Love" ... it is a football game with many nooks and crannies, and also not hard to skip any unfavorable dialog if you wish.
Carry on then with your subjective analysis. Wouldnt want you to have any fun or anything.
Edit: I guess I only made it 6 months before the sad state of browns fandom has beat me down again. There's quite a few good posters here, many, many more losers. So, if I'm to ever enjoy football it'll have to be elsewhere.
Ypou own this fucking site....yet epitomize this loser mentality. You finally show up after a win and do little but contribute to the negativity surrounding the win. Good fucking job man.
There's a time for discussing improve!nts. Its called tomorrpw. Have fun wallowing in your misery. I just can't take it anymore.
To the rest of you, take care and try to enjoy the season.
wow...youve become a bitter old man.
Carry on then with your subjective analysis. Wouldnt want you to have any fun or anything.
Edit: I guess I only made it 6 months before the sad state of browns fandom has beat me down again. There's quite a few good posters here, many, many more losers. So, if I'm to ever enjoy football it'll have to be elsewhere.
Ypou own this fucking site....yet epitomize this loser mentality. You finally show up after a win and do little but contribute to the negativity surrounding the win. Good fucking job man.
There's a time for discussing improve!nts. Its called tomorrpw. Have fun wallowing in your misery. I just can't take it anymore.
To the rest of you, take care and try to enjoy the season.
The Baltimore Ravens are now on the clock. Sorry I started focusing on them after a few high fives. It's a single fucking win. I expect these things to happen, ain't shocked and certainly ain't gonna drop everything and faint. I hope others can act like they've been there before as well.
I'm back because the team appears relevant again. I was bored talking about D'Qwell Jackson leading the team in tackles as a measure of his worth, how high drafted players were great because they were high drafted players, how we were gonna be good because we replaced this coach or that coach or this scheme for that. That shit was boring.
If I'm back, it's because I feel a pulse on this team worth discussing. I'm not wasting time meddling in mediocrity, but we have a long, long, long way to go before we are "good" and that's where I'm starting, on that bottom step. Let's climb!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login