Skip to content

we got seriously lucky today...

The Browns Board
82 30 2.4k
  • Wtf, of course there are going to be problems, and sometimes you need a bit of luck to win...thats just fucking life, not just the nfl.

    We have a new coach, new oc, new qb, rookie rbs. The first two games have shown we dont quit, our team can adapt, we play the whole 60 mins and we overcome. We are a fg away from being 2-0!!!!!!! Cant you just be happy that your team isnt looking like the doormat everyone expects. There wasnt a single NFL analyst that picked us to win and they are supposed to be the experts.

    You can pick a part any teams performance, win or lose. What do you think Sean Payton is doing right now and his team is 0-2.

    Try being part of the solution instead of the problem.

    Quit bringing that shit around here.

  • Not much wrong with the OP's post except timing. Fuck all the critique at least until tomorrow. WE JUST WON A HOME OPENER AGAINST THE SAINTS. LET ME REPEAT....WE JUST WON A HOME OPENER

    @jcam222 said:

    Not much wrong with the OP's post except timing. Fuck all the critique at least until tomorrow. WE JUST WON A HOME OPENER AGAINST THE SAINTS. LET ME REPEAT....WE JUST WON A HOME OPENER

    Then why are you here? Shouldn't you be out celebrating? Firing an AK47 in the air, or popping streamers?

    Never understood people running to message board forums to tell others to not talk about the subject of the forum. If I could blow bubbles out of this guys monitor to make him happy I would ... but it's football, no cake, presents or warm puppy kisses, just football pal.

  • Never understood why fans run to a message board after a win to cry about missed opportunities or almost fails after a win...

  • We won. My personal wishes are being granted so far- win at home.

    If people are going to nitpick, fine. I had Brees getting away with 3 intentional grounding calls, and after 2 of those, the Saints went on to score TDs.

    We aren't a contender (yet), but this is a big step. Win a few more of these, look out AFC North.

  • We won. My personal wishes are being granted so far- win at home.

    If people are going to nitpick, fine. I had Brees getting away with 3 intentional grounding calls, and after 2 of those, the Saints went on to score TDs.

    We aren't a contender (yet), but this is a big step. Win a few more of these, look out AFC North.

    @bob806 said:

    We won. My personal wishes are being granted so far- win at home.

    If people are going to nitpick, fine. I had Brees getting away with 3 intentional grounding calls, and after 2 of those, the Saints went on to score TDs.

    We aren't a contender (yet), but this is a big step. Win a few more of these, look out AFC North.

    Almost seemed like the Saints were keeping a back in just so he could throw it at their feet when he got in trouble. I agree, it was bogus, but unfortunately within rule.

  • Never understood why fans run to a message board after a win to cry about missed opportunities or almost fails after a win...

    @choco said:

    Never understood why fans run to a message board after a win to cry about missed opportunities or almost fails after a win...

    That's what you want to hear. Every poster on here that has even remotely brought up an area of improvement also very much touched on much improved and positive plays, but unfortunately you can only also take so much, "Yea, great game, they're the best, best Home Opener in the World, Greatest team ever, Kardiac Kids, Bubbles, Puppy Kisses, Mom's hugs feel so good, I'm in Love" ... it is a football game with many nooks and crannies, and also not hard to skip any unfavorable dialog if you wish.

  • I've said this before, and I'm a-gonna say it again........ For the Browns to start winning consistently, they need to learn how to win, and the only way they can learn how to win, is to win....... Huge step forward today:

    1) Playing one of the top teams in the NFL coming off a loss of their own

    2) We were missing 2 of our best players

    3) Our QB was starting his................... 5th NFL game - EVER

    4) Our RBs were both rookies, one of which went undrafted.

    5) Our *best player* was out and the cause of distraction all week - AGAIN

    6) Our HC is coaching his............... 2nd NFL game - EVER

    ^^^^ Damn that's a lot of things stacked against us.

    GO BROWNS!!!

  • On that last pass to Hawkins, Hoyer said he got hit as he was throwing it . . . :

    https://www.tout.com/embed/touts/zhqbnh?platform=twcard

  • On that last pass to Hawkins, Hoyer said he got hit as he was throwing it . . . :

    https://www.tout.com/embed/touts/zhqbnh?platform=twcard

    @jafbf said:

    On that last pass to Hawkins, Hoyer said he got hit as he was throwing it . . . :

    https://www.tout.com/embed/touts/zhqbnh?platform=twcard

    He's deeply wrong: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014091403/2014/REG2/saints@browns#contentId=0ap3000000394322

  • @choco said:

    Never understood why fans run to a message board after a win to cry about missed opportunities or almost fails after a win...

    That's what you want to hear. Every poster on here that has even remotely brought up an area of improvement also very much touched on much improved and positive plays, but unfortunately you can only also take so much, "Yea, great game, they're the best, best Home Opener in the World, Greatest team ever, Kardiac Kids, Bubbles, Puppy Kisses, Mom's hugs feel so good, I'm in Love" ... it is a football game with many nooks and crannies, and also not hard to skip any unfavorable dialog if you wish.

    @atenears said:

    That's what you want to hear. Every poster on here that has even remotely brought up an area of improvement also very much touched on much improved and positive plays, but unfortunately you can only also take so much, "Yea, great game, they're the best, best Home Opener in the World, Greatest team ever, Kardiac Kids, Bubbles, Puppy Kisses, Mom's hugs feel so good, I'm in Love" ... it is a football game with many nooks and crannies, and also not hard to skip any unfavorable dialog if you wish.

    wow...youve become a bitter old man.

    Carry on then with your subjective analysis. Wouldnt want you to have any fun or anything.

    Edit: I guess I only made it 6 months before the sad state of browns fandom has beat me down again. There's quite a few good posters here, many, many more losers. So, if I'm to ever enjoy football it'll have to be elsewhere.

    Ypou own this fucking site....yet epitomize this loser mentality. You finally show up after a win and do little but contribute to the negativity surrounding the win. Good fucking job man.

    There's a time for discussing improve!nts. Its called tomorrpw. Have fun wallowing in your misery. I just can't take it anymore.

    To the rest of you, take care and try to enjoy the season.

  • @atenears said:

    Yeah, my mistake, he got hit and didn't see the catch - thought he said he got hit as he threw it.

  • @atenears said:

    That's what you want to hear. Every poster on here that has even remotely brought up an area of improvement also very much touched on much improved and positive plays, but unfortunately you can only also take so much, "Yea, great game, they're the best, best Home Opener in the World, Greatest team ever, Kardiac Kids, Bubbles, Puppy Kisses, Mom's hugs feel so good, I'm in Love" ... it is a football game with many nooks and crannies, and also not hard to skip any unfavorable dialog if you wish.

    wow...youve become a bitter old man.

    Carry on then with your subjective analysis. Wouldnt want you to have any fun or anything.

    Edit: I guess I only made it 6 months before the sad state of browns fandom has beat me down again. There's quite a few good posters here, many, many more losers. So, if I'm to ever enjoy football it'll have to be elsewhere.

    Ypou own this fucking site....yet epitomize this loser mentality. You finally show up after a win and do little but contribute to the negativity surrounding the win. Good fucking job man.

    There's a time for discussing improve!nts. Its called tomorrpw. Have fun wallowing in your misery. I just can't take it anymore.

    To the rest of you, take care and try to enjoy the season.

    @choco said:

    wow...youve become a bitter old man.

    Carry on then with your subjective analysis. Wouldnt want you to have any fun or anything.

    Edit: I guess I only made it 6 months before the sad state of browns fandom has beat me down again. There's quite a few good posters here, many, many more losers. So, if I'm to ever enjoy football it'll have to be elsewhere.

    Ypou own this fucking site....yet epitomize this loser mentality. You finally show up after a win and do little but contribute to the negativity surrounding the win. Good fucking job man.

    There's a time for discussing improve!nts. Its called tomorrpw. Have fun wallowing in your misery. I just can't take it anymore.

    To the rest of you, take care and try to enjoy the season.

    The Baltimore Ravens are now on the clock. Sorry I started focusing on them after a few high fives. It's a single fucking win. I expect these things to happen, ain't shocked and certainly ain't gonna drop everything and faint. I hope others can act like they've been there before as well.

    I'm back because the team appears relevant again. I was bored talking about D'Qwell Jackson leading the team in tackles as a measure of his worth, how high drafted players were great because they were high drafted players, how we were gonna be good because we replaced this coach or that coach or this scheme for that. That shit was boring.

    If I'm back, it's because I feel a pulse on this team worth discussing. I'm not wasting time meddling in mediocrity, but we have a long, long, long way to go before we are "good" and that's where I'm starting, on that bottom step. Let's climb!

  • choco nobody's being "negative" about the win, I nor anybody else said meh I don't want this win cause we had a bit of luck at the end. Obviously we take the win. But the fact is that if we want to run the AFC north, which if you're paying attention asshole is up for grabs, than some of the stuff going on has to be fixed and it had better be improved upon by next week cause ain't it Ravens week coming up? We have to win next week to put up a W in the division. We need to assfuck the Ravens and having watched that game between them and the steelers...the steelers are quite frankly lucky to have won against us because we went to sleep for 1 half. This is now serious, we have the talent to win the division....but it's not consistent like other teams.

  • @atenears said:

    I don't agree that we were "lucky".

    After the win, I'm most worried about Hoyer. His passes weren't commanding enough. Floated too many, then whizzed one past a receiver on a slant in front of the LB's. I'm worried that he isn't going to be able to stretch a defense long. Any pass over intermediate depth today was a dying quail.

    But please explain to me how Hoyer's pass to Austin at the sideline with 15 seconds left was not "commanding enough". Or the 4th down completion to Barnidge if you prefer...

    Any issues BH had passing were not "depth" related. They were feet related. Back foot weak... step in strong. I believe the "whizzer" you cite was the one where Austin stopped a slant.

    But I do agree that we were not lucky... so we have that...

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I don't think Hoyer is going to last long. Think Manziel will be in before game 6 or seven. Two hand offs and a pass that should have been caught.

    Caught? Because FBs are expected to hold onto passes that come to them late and weak allowing the defender to strip it before it can be tucked away?

    Snap was at 8:14 of Q3. And BTW... Agnew was open before JM bailed unnecessarily out of the pocket.

    But he was 2 for 2 handing off.

    @clevfan4life said:

    a most sensible post. Only think I disagree with is backing off Brees. You force the team to adjust to what you're doing.

    ... no half empty or half full or whatever cup....it was awesome to see. The energy was palpable, the crowd was utterly pumped to see how were were pressing.

    First, it's a glass not a cup...

    Second, I agree that defensively we seemed to start off very aggressive, but backed off. I'd like to know why so I hope Pettine is asked the question.

    @tour2ma said:

    Second, I agree that defensively we seemed to start off very aggressive, but backed off. I'd like to know why so I hope Pettine is asked the question.

    precisely, I'd like to know why as well. That call, imo, let the Saints back into the game.

  • Everybody shut up.

  • lol ................. and all this is after a win! haha

  • Knew I saw this somewhere :

    Daryl Ruiter @RuiterWrongFAN ยท 5h Karlos Dansby just told me this was the loudest crowd he's ever played for today; fans so loud he couldn't hear D play calls

  • Haha ... I hope you all get something in your stocking tomorrow morning, but after you play with your Christmas toys, it's back to being Browns fans, so tighten your chin strap and come back barking.

  • @atenears said:

    That's what you want to hear. Every poster on here that has even remotely brought up an area of improvement also very much touched on much improved and positive plays, but unfortunately you can only also take so much, "Yea, great game, they're the best, best Home Opener in the World, Greatest team ever, Kardiac Kids, Bubbles, Puppy Kisses, Mom's hugs feel so good, I'm in Love" ... it is a football game with many nooks and crannies, and also not hard to skip any unfavorable dialog if you wish.

    wow...youve become a bitter old man.

    Carry on then with your subjective analysis. Wouldnt want you to have any fun or anything.

    Edit: I guess I only made it 6 months before the sad state of browns fandom has beat me down again. There's quite a few good posters here, many, many more losers. So, if I'm to ever enjoy football it'll have to be elsewhere.

    Ypou own this fucking site....yet epitomize this loser mentality. You finally show up after a win and do little but contribute to the negativity surrounding the win. Good fucking job man.

    There's a time for discussing improve!nts. Its called tomorrpw. Have fun wallowing in your misery. I just can't take it anymore.

    To the rest of you, take care and try to enjoy the season.

    @choco said:

    Carry on then with your subjective analysis.

    and here I thought it was simple ignorance...

    @atenears said:

    Really? You do realize how close that reception to Austin was nearly ruled in-bounds, leaving us with 6-seconds and a desperation heave, chance short yardage play on the sideline, or mid 50+ fieldgoal try right? Lucky, maybe even ill advised, definitely not solidly "commanding".

    The Barnidge 4th play was awesome, moreso on Barnidges part though no? Heck of a catch. Hoyer got it there but greater clutch catch.

    You're not going to bring up the Hawkins pass that got us to the 11-yardline and in place for a 29-yrd Field Goal? Was that Commanding? Or was Hawkins open by the size of Rob Ryans girth and Hoyer nearly got the yippies and moused the throw? That should have been a TD pass.

    You can't tell me that he didn't throw a couple of passes that were so butt ugly wobbly and floating that even the receivers and defenders couldn't judge'em to get in the same area code. Him and his receivers were not on the same page on other throws, and that's not all on Hoyer, but also doesn't spell "commanding" either.

    Oh my bad ... he just never threw a great intermediate to deep ball because his shoelaces weren't tied by his Mom. Got it!

    Thanks for the class, teach.

    You get an F... for football and reading comprehension...

    The pass to Austin was ruled in bounds. Passes ruled out of bounds are in-com-ple-tions... If you want to pick on that play, pick on the fact that BH ran off a lot of clock holding onto the ball as long as he did. The pass itself was a strike. One of those "only where his guy could get it" completions. And he stepped into it hard.

    Pettine called Hoyer's pass to Barnidge his "best of the game". Said it was one that "he really cut loose." Barnidge made a great catch (you, Mike and I all agree on that), but Mike and I think both can be true. Whereas apparently you think a great catch means a pass cannot be "commanding".

    You are correct that I would never tell you that BH did not throw some ugly passes... especially since I already told you the reason they were ugly. But the one to Hawk at the end was just fine with plenty of air under it. I have no clue what got Hawk stumbling.

    What did BH have command of today? The game...