Skip to content

we got seriously lucky today...

The Browns Board
82 30 2.4k
  • lol ................. and all this is after a win! haha

  • Knew I saw this somewhere :

    Daryl Ruiter @RuiterWrongFAN ยท 5h Karlos Dansby just told me this was the loudest crowd he's ever played for today; fans so loud he couldn't hear D play calls

  • Haha ... I hope you all get something in your stocking tomorrow morning, but after you play with your Christmas toys, it's back to being Browns fans, so tighten your chin strap and come back barking.

  • @atenears said:

    That's what you want to hear. Every poster on here that has even remotely brought up an area of improvement also very much touched on much improved and positive plays, but unfortunately you can only also take so much, "Yea, great game, they're the best, best Home Opener in the World, Greatest team ever, Kardiac Kids, Bubbles, Puppy Kisses, Mom's hugs feel so good, I'm in Love" ... it is a football game with many nooks and crannies, and also not hard to skip any unfavorable dialog if you wish.

    wow...youve become a bitter old man.

    Carry on then with your subjective analysis. Wouldnt want you to have any fun or anything.

    Edit: I guess I only made it 6 months before the sad state of browns fandom has beat me down again. There's quite a few good posters here, many, many more losers. So, if I'm to ever enjoy football it'll have to be elsewhere.

    Ypou own this fucking site....yet epitomize this loser mentality. You finally show up after a win and do little but contribute to the negativity surrounding the win. Good fucking job man.

    There's a time for discussing improve!nts. Its called tomorrpw. Have fun wallowing in your misery. I just can't take it anymore.

    To the rest of you, take care and try to enjoy the season.

    @choco said:

    Carry on then with your subjective analysis.

    and here I thought it was simple ignorance...

    @atenears said:

    Really? You do realize how close that reception to Austin was nearly ruled in-bounds, leaving us with 6-seconds and a desperation heave, chance short yardage play on the sideline, or mid 50+ fieldgoal try right? Lucky, maybe even ill advised, definitely not solidly "commanding".

    The Barnidge 4th play was awesome, moreso on Barnidges part though no? Heck of a catch. Hoyer got it there but greater clutch catch.

    You're not going to bring up the Hawkins pass that got us to the 11-yardline and in place for a 29-yrd Field Goal? Was that Commanding? Or was Hawkins open by the size of Rob Ryans girth and Hoyer nearly got the yippies and moused the throw? That should have been a TD pass.

    You can't tell me that he didn't throw a couple of passes that were so butt ugly wobbly and floating that even the receivers and defenders couldn't judge'em to get in the same area code. Him and his receivers were not on the same page on other throws, and that's not all on Hoyer, but also doesn't spell "commanding" either.

    Oh my bad ... he just never threw a great intermediate to deep ball because his shoelaces weren't tied by his Mom. Got it!

    Thanks for the class, teach.

    You get an F... for football and reading comprehension...

    The pass to Austin was ruled in bounds. Passes ruled out of bounds are in-com-ple-tions... If you want to pick on that play, pick on the fact that BH ran off a lot of clock holding onto the ball as long as he did. The pass itself was a strike. One of those "only where his guy could get it" completions. And he stepped into it hard.

    Pettine called Hoyer's pass to Barnidge his "best of the game". Said it was one that "he really cut loose." Barnidge made a great catch (you, Mike and I all agree on that), but Mike and I think both can be true. Whereas apparently you think a great catch means a pass cannot be "commanding".

    You are correct that I would never tell you that BH did not throw some ugly passes... especially since I already told you the reason they were ugly. But the one to Hawk at the end was just fine with plenty of air under it. I have no clue what got Hawk stumbling.

    What did BH have command of today? The game...

  • Atenears killed choco! You bastard!

  • @choco said:

    Carry on then with your subjective analysis.

    and here I thought it was simple ignorance...

    @atenears said:

    Really? You do realize how close that reception to Austin was nearly ruled in-bounds, leaving us with 6-seconds and a desperation heave, chance short yardage play on the sideline, or mid 50+ fieldgoal try right? Lucky, maybe even ill advised, definitely not solidly "commanding".

    The Barnidge 4th play was awesome, moreso on Barnidges part though no? Heck of a catch. Hoyer got it there but greater clutch catch.

    You're not going to bring up the Hawkins pass that got us to the 11-yardline and in place for a 29-yrd Field Goal? Was that Commanding? Or was Hawkins open by the size of Rob Ryans girth and Hoyer nearly got the yippies and moused the throw? That should have been a TD pass.

    You can't tell me that he didn't throw a couple of passes that were so butt ugly wobbly and floating that even the receivers and defenders couldn't judge'em to get in the same area code. Him and his receivers were not on the same page on other throws, and that's not all on Hoyer, but also doesn't spell "commanding" either.

    Oh my bad ... he just never threw a great intermediate to deep ball because his shoelaces weren't tied by his Mom. Got it!

    Thanks for the class, teach.

    You get an F... for football and reading comprehension...

    The pass to Austin was ruled in bounds. Passes ruled out of bounds are in-com-ple-tions... If you want to pick on that play, pick on the fact that BH ran off a lot of clock holding onto the ball as long as he did. The pass itself was a strike. One of those "only where his guy could get it" completions. And he stepped into it hard.

    Pettine called Hoyer's pass to Barnidge his "best of the game". Said it was one that "he really cut loose." Barnidge made a great catch (you, Mike and I all agree on that), but Mike and I think both can be true. Whereas apparently you think a great catch means a pass cannot be "commanding".

    You are correct that I would never tell you that BH did not throw some ugly passes... especially since I already told you the reason they were ugly. But the one to Hawk at the end was just fine with plenty of air under it. I have no clue what got Hawk stumbling.

    What did BH have command of today? The game...

    @tour2ma said:

    and here I thought it was simple ignorance...

    You get an F... for football and reading comprehension...

    The pass to Austin was ruled in bounds. Passes ruled out of bounds are in-com-ple-tions...

    It was a completion and Austin made it out of bounds, hench the reason time was put back on the clock (clock stopped when he was "down" ruled out-of-bounds). Had he been ruled in-bounds the clock would have continued to run down to 00:06 ... remember the review and time 00:15 added back onto the clock? This play was not clearly communicated by the officials, but the only explanation of why time was added back onto the clock would be that it was a ruled an incompletion (which it wasn't), a completion and tackled out-of-bounds, or someone called time-out (according to NFL stats, no time-out was called here expect for the review).

    The NFL replay guys are incorrect on their replay of the telecast, as they state that he did not get out of bounds and much time was ran off the clock, but the play only took 4-seconds, so that just can't be so.

    Stick around, we might hold Prom at the end of the year and you can teach us footwork and dance moves, Chachi.

  • Dude... You misrepresented what happened not me. I even underlined it for you when I quoted you, dumbass.

    Don't type angry...

    Forget "Replay"... haven't even seen it. Too busy watching late game and playing with you...

    At the time in the game the ex-official commentating said:

    Good catch.

    Austin got OB.

    Clock operator failed to stop clock.

    The review confirmed the catch.

    The clock correction was made on the field, not by replay.

    And you can ask all you want, but no way I go with you to the prom...

  • Dude... You misrepresented what happened not me. I even underlined it for you when I quoted you, dumbass.

    Don't type angry...

    Forget "Replay"... haven't even seen it. Too busy watching late game and playing with you...

    At the time in the game the ex-official commentating said:

    Good catch.

    Austin got OB.

    Clock operator failed to stop clock.

    The review confirmed the catch.

    The clock correction was made on the field, not by replay.

    And you can ask all you want, but no way I go with you to the prom...

    @tour2ma said:

    Dude... You misrepresented what happened not me. I even underlined it for you when I quoted you, dumbass.

    Don't type angry...

    Forget "Replay"... haven't even seen it. Too busy watching late game and playing with you...

    At the time in the game the ex-official commentating said:

    Good catch.

    Austin got OB.

    Clock operator failed to stop clock.

    The review confirmed the catch.

    The clock correction was made on the field, not by replay.

    And you can ask all you want, but no way I go with you to the prom...

    Whatever, spin it as you will. I know what happened on the play and I don't see how it supports your argument, luckily the official on the field ruled the clock stopped with the possession and that he got out of bounds. That added time on the clock was huge.

    At one point you stated, "If you want to pick on that play, pick on the fact that BH ran off a lot of clock holding onto the ball as long as he did." which isn't true, only 4-seconds were run off the clock on that play. The play began at 00:19 and ended at 00:15.

  • I'd rather be lucky than good

  • Atenears killed choco! You bastard!

    @tour2ma said:

    Atenears killed choco! You bastard!

    I hardly poked the guy. He just got all sensitive after the Big Win, vaulting us to 1-1 and 0-1 in the Division. Just cause I tripped him as he was taking his Cal Ripken celebration lap around the stadium, ain't all my fault.

  • nothing like yelling at the beer distributor for there not being any beer in stock. or the beer is warm in the bar you're at and it's the bud delivery guy's fault.

    hey chef, your steak sucks! can i get another without the yellowish green mucous slime running off of it? make sure you cook it right god dammit!

  • @atenears said:

    I don't agree that we were "lucky".

    After the win, I'm most worried about Hoyer. His passes weren't commanding enough. Floated too many, then whizzed one past a receiver on a slant in front of the LB's. I'm worried that he isn't going to be able to stretch a defense long. Any pass over intermediate depth today was a dying quail.

    But please explain to me how Hoyer's pass to Austin at the sideline with 15 seconds left was not "commanding enough". Or the 4th down completion to Barnidge if you prefer...

    Any issues BH had passing were not "depth" related. They were feet related. Back foot weak... step in strong. I believe the "whizzer" you cite was the one where Austin stopped a slant.

    But I do agree that we were not lucky... so we have that...

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I don't think Hoyer is going to last long. Think Manziel will be in before game 6 or seven. Two hand offs and a pass that should have been caught.

    Caught? Because FBs are expected to hold onto passes that come to them late and weak allowing the defender to strip it before it can be tucked away?

    Snap was at 8:14 of Q3. And BTW... Agnew was open before JM bailed unnecessarily out of the pocket.

    But he was 2 for 2 handing off.

    @clevfan4life said:

    a most sensible post. Only think I disagree with is backing off Brees. You force the team to adjust to what you're doing.

    ... no half empty or half full or whatever cup....it was awesome to see. The energy was palpable, the crowd was utterly pumped to see how were were pressing.

    First, it's a glass not a cup...

    Second, I agree that defensively we seemed to start off very aggressive, but backed off. I'd like to know why so I hope Pettine is asked the question.

    @tour2ma said:

    But please explain to me how Hoyer's pass to Austin at the sideline with 15 seconds left was not "commanding enough". Or the 4th down completion to Barnidge if you prefer...

    Any issues BH had passing were not "depth" related. They were feet related. Back foot weak... step in strong. I believe the "whizzer" you cite was the one where Austin stopped a slant.

    But I do agree that we were not lucky... so we have that...

    Caught? Because FBs are expected to hold onto passes that come to them late and weak allowing the defender to strip it before it can be tucked away?

    Snap was at 8:14 of Q3. And BTW... Agnew was open before JM bailed unnecessarily out of the pocket.

    But he was 2 for 2 handing off.

    First, it's a glass not a cup...

    Second, I agree that defensively we seemed to start off very aggressive, but backed off. I'd like to know why so I hope Pettine is asked the question.

    Hit him right in the hands and he didn't pull it in.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Dude... You misrepresented what happened not me. I even underlined it for you when I quoted you, dumbass.

    Don't type angry...

    Forget "Replay"... haven't even seen it. Too busy watching late game and playing with you...

    At the time in the game the ex-official commentating said:

    Good catch.

    Austin got OB.

    Clock operator failed to stop clock.

    The review confirmed the catch.

    The clock correction was made on the field, not by replay.

    And you can ask all you want, but no way I go with you to the prom...

    Whatever, spin it as you will. I know what happened on the play and I don't see how it supports your argument, luckily the official on the field ruled the clock stopped with the possession and that he got out of bounds. That added time on the clock was huge.

    At one point you stated, "If you want to pick on that play, pick on the fact that BH ran off a lot of clock holding onto the ball as long as he did." which isn't true, only 4-seconds were run off the clock on that play. The play began at 00:19 and ended at 00:15.

    @atenears said:

    Whatever, spin it as you will. I know what happened on the play and I don't see how it supports your argument, luckily the official on the field ruled the clock stopped with the possession and that he got out of bounds. That added time on the clock was huge.

    At one point you stated, "If you want to pick on that play, pick on the fact that BH ran off a lot of clock holding onto the ball as long as he did." which isn't true, only 4-seconds were run off the clock on that play. The play began at 00:19 and ended at 00:15.

    Sigh... not spinning... you misstated what occurred in your original post, so I decided to have a little fun with it... sorry I bothered...

    Looking at DVR recording of the original broadcast as I type this...

    The ball was snapped at 0:22. The play-by-play transcript says 0:19... it is wrong.

    Regardless "A lot of time" was not accurate on my part. You can, however, hear the crowd noise swelling over concern for the time being consumed as Hoyer rolled left.

    Side observation from rewatching the play and following replay just now...

    While the Ref announced "The ruling on the field is a catch and the player went out of bounds," I never see an official waiving his arms to stop the clock...

  • @tour2ma said:

    But please explain to me how Hoyer's pass to Austin at the sideline with 15 seconds left was not "commanding enough". Or the 4th down completion to Barnidge if you prefer...

    Any issues BH had passing were not "depth" related. They were feet related. Back foot weak... step in strong. I believe the "whizzer" you cite was the one where Austin stopped a slant.

    But I do agree that we were not lucky... so we have that...

    Caught? Because FBs are expected to hold onto passes that come to them late and weak allowing the defender to strip it before it can be tucked away?

    Snap was at 8:14 of Q3. And BTW... Agnew was open before JM bailed unnecessarily out of the pocket.

    But he was 2 for 2 handing off.

    First, it's a glass not a cup...

    Second, I agree that defensively we seemed to start off very aggressive, but backed off. I'd like to know why so I hope Pettine is asked the question.

    Hit him right in the hands and he didn't pull it in.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Hit him right in the hands and he didn't pull it in.

    Yup... DBs try to prevent that stuff...

  • @miktoxic said:

    you guys got understand my position. best friends are gints/steelers/cowboy and redskin's fans (1 friend =3 teams).

    to actually have 4 phone calls after the game from everybody i've known since living here congratulating me for the brown's win was craaaazy!

    i was on delay without video and my friends int the tavern were better than bernie, bert or oscar.

    I got the same calls from PA where I have family. It's great to win, especially a home opener...but there were problems. Anybody that paid attention to some of Hoyers easy throws he butchered that wasn't looking cockeyed at the screen...well I dunno. I'm giving credit where it's due though. Our OLB'ers are finally starting to get home, when they're turned loose...our running game is back, thank god. That's good shit to hang your hat on. The issue with me is that prior to the season starting I didn't think we had a chance in the North...after watching the Pgh game and then the Ravens/Pgh game...my opinion is changing. We might actually have a shot at the North, which means some of this stuff y'all are giving a pass on just cause we won...that won't cut it. We have to tackle, I mean this is football right? If you don't tackle you won't take a French schoolyard let alone the AFC north.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I got the same calls from PA where I have family. It's great to win, especially a home opener...but there were problems. Anybody that paid attention to some of Hoyers easy throws he butchered that wasn't looking cockeyed at the screen...well I dunno. I'm giving credit where it's due though. Our OLB'ers are finally starting to get home, when they're turned loose...our running game is back, thank god. That's good shit to hang your hat on. The issue with me is that prior to the season starting I didn't think we had a chance in the North...after watching the Pgh game and then the Ravens/Pgh game...my opinion is changing. We might actually have a shot at the North, which means some of this stuff y'all are giving a pass on just cause we won...that won't cut it. We have to tackle, I mean this is football right? If you don't tackle you won't take a French schoolyard let alone the AFC north.

    Yup, it's getting obvious Hoyer isn't the most accurate passer i the world.

    @jafbf said:

    We were 1 - 14 since 1999 before this.

    It's either 10 or 12 years since that win

    10 since we won a home opener.

    @atenears said:

    Then why are you here? Shouldn't you be out celebrating? Firing an AK47 in the air, or popping streamers?

    Never understood people running to message board forums to tell others to not talk about the subject of the forum. If I could blow bubbles out of this guys monitor to make him happy I would ... but it's football, no cake, presents or warm puppy kisses, just football pal.

    You almost sound like you'd be happier if we lost.

  • Can't we all just get along?

  • No Tate

    No Gordon

    No Cameron

    No Mingo

    And some can't enjoy a win against New Orleans!

  • Just two observations for the long run-both related.

    1. When a crowd is really behind you making both teams deaf, you have a winner in the making. Fans see it. Players see it.

    2. #1 means there is hope again and where there is hope, wins are sure to follow. The team gets the message and they share the hope which means they "Play Like Browns" every damn play whether it works or not and no matter the scoreboard. Fans and team are giving their best. As a new Browns fan that's great to see!

  • Wow. I expected to come here and see all praise. "Our DL got manhandled". Many people picked the Saints to represent the NFC in the Superbowl. And people are nitpicking. Wow, I realized we had a depressed fan base, but never though we had this many whiners. I think some of the slower fans are confused because we actually have a legit team and will beat legit teams. They don't get it I guess.