Observations from today's game.
-
The good:
Paul Kruger is playing like an absolute savage.
Jabaal Sheard is also playing at a very high level.
Karlos Dansby > D'Qwell Jackson, by a mile.
The offensive line finally looks the way it should. Tough, Strong, and giving the RB's holes and Hoyer time. We are finally getting a push on the defense.
West and Crowell are a two headed monster. Both have the talent to be 1000+ yard backs
Hawkins looks great.
Miles Austin looked great.
Hoyer looks the part and still hasn't turned the ball over.
Justin Gilbert looked night and day better.
Mike Pettine and Kyle Shanahan don't coach like complete pussies like the previous regime.
The bad:
Joe Haden is overrated and you can depend on him to give up a TD a game. He's good but not great or elite by any means.
Tj Ward > Donte Whitner and it's not even close. Ward was great in the box but Whitner just is never around the play.
Phil Taylor is just a body. He doesn't do anything but eat up space. I can't recall him ever having a sack for this team or a TFL. He just have never lived up to 1st round expectations to me.
Ahta Rubin is beyond overhyped. He isn't a 3-4 DE and does nothing. He never gets his name called our stands out.
Today was a great fucking win and changed the tone for the season. Next week at Baltimore will be HUGE
-
Good points, and some new ones not mentioned tonight.
I have been chastised tonight for stating a few negatives, but can remember a time when I'd call out D'Qwell for the mediocre player he was and others were quick to point out his team leading tackles year after year, yadda, yadda ... amazing how much we missed out on good line backer play since we came back as an expansion team. Not a huge fan of Dansby yet, but he's making a few plays on the opposite side of the trenches and that will get me on his fan club real quick if he keeps that up.
Miles Austin drops almost a ball a game that hits him in the palms. That has to be cleaned up. He is actually in my dog house.
Great point about Hoyer not turning the ball over. I'm guilty of over looking this HUGE aspect of his game while being critical of a few lost throws.
Agree that Mike Pettine and Kyle Shanahan don't coach like complete pussies like the previous regime ... God, I love that.
<<< Joe Haden is overrated and you can depend on him to give up a TD a game. He's good but not great or elite by any means. >>> I'm not going to go that far on Joe. He was all over his coverage tonight but out-sized and should have had help. He also came up and made some great big hits early on that fueled our up-tempo momentum.
<<< Tj Ward > Donte Whitner >>> Not a big fan of Ward, wish I was, and not shocked if Whitner is washed up and here to collect a retirement check. Would absolutely love for us to have the best hard hitting ball hawking safety in the league again like we had in Erocc.
Good Thread!
-
One another thing that's annoying...
The Manziel package. Just play Hoyer. That shit isn't fooling anyone
-
Find anyone who can shut down graham, christ, he has 2 td and 10 rec almost everyweek. He is the epitome of you cant stop him...contain him. Quit the haden bashing.
-
omg we won the game why is anyone posting anything slightly constructively negative about the win omg omg you guys.
-
Ok, so we beat one of the most talented, best coached teams in the nfl today so ...
I dont know else to say other than "The Mike Pettine era is going well"
No Gordon, No Cameron, No Mingo, No Tate .. we were better ...does anybody else feel like ... FINALLY!
Zombo said:
Ok, so we beat one of the most talented, best coached teams in the nfl today so ...
I dont know else to say other than "The Mike Pettine era is going well"
No Gordon, No Cameron, No Mingo, No Tate .. we were better ...does anybody else feel like ... FINALLY!
They do look like a completely different team.
-
why was Mingo deactivated today btw? I didn't realize he wouldn't be playing...only knew about JC and Tate.
-
One another thing that's annoying...
The Manziel package. Just play Hoyer. That shit isn't fooling anyone
One another thing that's annoying...
The Manziel package. Just play Hoyer. That shit isn't fooling anyone
Completely agree
-
Lol
-
One another thing that's annoying...
The Manziel package. Just play Hoyer. That shit isn't fooling anyone
One another thing that's annoying...
The Manziel package. Just play Hoyer. That shit isn't fooling anyone
I blame you...
It was your fucking prediction in the tavern!

-
why was Mingo deactivated today btw? I didn't realize he wouldn't be playing...only knew about JC and Tate.
why was Mingo deactivated today btw? I didn't realize he wouldn't be playing...only knew about JC and Tate.
This?
Barkevious Mingo LB Shoulder Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable
-
I'm not bashing Haden but that dude is one of the highest paid CB's in the NFL and he gets smoked a lot.
Sorry, I just call it as I see it.
He IS very well paid, but he isn't worth it
I was at the game and he CAN NOT cover anyone bigger then him.
When the Saints needed a big play, they looked to see who Haden was covering, and they threw that way
Haden got burned atleast 6 times, he made 2 plays
Not what I would call a shutdown cb
-
BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
we won, and that's all that matters
Beat the ratbirds and 2-1 into the bye week would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Ok, so we beat one of the most talented, best coached teams in the nfl today so ...
I dont know else to say other than "The Mike Pettine era is going well"
No Gordon, No Cameron, No Mingo, No Tate .. we were better ...does anybody else feel like ... FINALLY!
Zombo said:
we were better ...does anybody else feel like ... FINALLY!
Don't go getting all high and stupid on me Zippy, I'll pull the swivel chair out from under ya.
I'm back to make sure you guys aren't getting all giddy and gay.
Act like you've been here before (1-1 ... geesh)
-
I'm not bashing Haden but that dude is one of the highest paid CB's in the NFL and he gets smoked a lot.
Sorry, I just call it as I see it.
He IS very well paid, but he isn't worth it
I was at the game and he CAN NOT cover anyone bigger then him.
When the Saints needed a big play, they looked to see who Haden was covering, and they threw that way
Haden got burned atleast 6 times, he made 2 plays
Not what I would call a shutdown cb
He IS very well paid, but he isn't worth it
I was at the game and he CAN NOT cover anyone bigger then him.
When the Saints needed a big play, they looked to see who Haden was covering, and they threw that way
Haden got burned atleast 6 times, he made 2 plays
Not what I would call a shutdown cb
Grahm is 6'7 and no one in the league can cover him. Didn't Haden completely shut down AJ Green last year? I think the only receiver I can think of that normally dominates him is Brown. Thats one receiver out of all of them.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login