Rubin
-
Thoughts on trading him to the COLTS? They just had Jones go down(carted off), Mathis is gone for the season. Get a pretty high draft pick? thoughts?
-
depends on the team. Had we kept the same pressure throughout the game on Brees that we did in the 1st quarter, they could have run for 200 yds doesn't matter. It's Brees, and Graham, that score points for that offense. Sunday against the Ravens I'd argue that pressure on Flacco is paramount, especially without Ray Rice. If we shut down Flacco we win, period. These aren't the Jamaal Lewis Ravens that will run for 300 yds if you let up on the run game. Imo we keep the pressure on the Flacco and tell our ILB'ers the run game is your responsibility. Our OLB'ers have done a good job of forcing everything inside so the DL and the ILB'ers will have to step up in run defense. If we can pressure Flacco with just our front four we'll be 2-1 next Monday.
That's cool. Until November and December/January come along, then when you see Rub getting blown off the ball and Phil not in a position to do his thing - we'll have that conversation around that time.
I know some Bills fans had complained about their rush defense last year as well. Some saying it was schematic with Pettine, others blaming the youth at linebacker. I'm hoping its the later.
That's cool. Until November and December/January come along, then when you see Rub getting blown off the ball and Phil not in a position to do his thing - we'll have that conversation around that time.
I know some Bills fans had complained about their rush defense last year as well. Some saying it was schematic with Pettine, others blaming the youth at linebacker. I'm hoping its the later.
what makes you think Rub and Phil are gonna get blown off the ball at the end of the year? Did that happen last year? D line is our strongest asset on defense. If they're getting exposed right now it's gotta be the scheme, not them. It's hard for me to judge cause I can't see the interior play that well on tv....maybe Pettine has them trying to slice the gaps too much and they're getting zoned? I dunno.....With our dline depth I"d rather have them going head up and bullrushing virtually every down. Maybe run some stunts every now and then but otherwise we're built to fold the pocket up from the inside....if our edges keep up their play the QB's are gonna no place to go.
-
lols...Colts probably aren't gonna do a trade with us for awhile.
If they are desperate enough. Which seemed to be the case for T Rich....
-
lols...Colts probably aren't gonna do a trade with us for awhile.
If they are desperate enough. Which seemed to be the case for T Rich....
Colts fans would revolt against the team if they traded another draft pick to the Browns and the trade didn't turn out so well. I like Rubin but if Indy gave us a 1st rounder for him than heck yeah I'd do that trade. There's also players on that team that I'd trade Rubin for. Colts aren't gonna part with any of Lucks weapons, but if they wanted to trade like Werner for Rubin I'd do that. We'd have the best OLB rotation in football along with still the best dline rotation around. I just don't see a trade with them happening, not with us...lol. They got "burned" with trich.
If they are desperate enough. Which seemed to be the case for T Rich....
-
Colts fans would revolt against the team if they traded another draft pick to the Browns and the trade didn't turn out so well. I like Rubin but if Indy gave us a 1st rounder for him than heck yeah I'd do that trade. There's also players on that team that I'd trade Rubin for. Colts aren't gonna part with any of Lucks weapons, but if they wanted to trade like Werner for Rubin I'd do that. We'd have the best OLB rotation in football along with still the best dline rotation around. I just don't see a trade with them happening, not with us...lol. They got "burned" with trich.
If they are desperate enough. Which seemed to be the case for T Rich....
Colts fans would revolt against the team if they traded another draft pick to the Browns and the trade didn't turn out so well. I like Rubin but if Indy gave us a 1st rounder for him than heck yeah I'd do that trade. There's also players on that team that I'd trade Rubin for. Colts aren't gonna part with any of Lucks weapons, but if they wanted to trade like Werner for Rubin I'd do that. We'd have the best OLB rotation in football along with still the best dline rotation around. I just don't see a trade with them happening, not with us...lol. They got "burned" with trich.
After watching T-Rich's fumble, your right. The fans would revolt, but sure would be nice...
-
bwahaha, did he fumble tonight? how bad was it?
-
bwahaha, did he fumble tonight? how bad was it?
bwahaha, did he fumble tonight? how bad was it?
It was 7 points for the other team bad
-
facepalm
-
He's a DT in a 3-4. All he does is clog holes. How do you rank that?
-
Someone needs to get Jim Irsay liquoured up and take their first rounder next year for some kid on our PS.
-
Someone needs to get Jim Irsay liquoured up and take their first rounder next year for some kid on our PS.
-
He's a DT in a 3-4. All he does is clog holes. How do you rank that?
Stop percentage and avg opposing yards between the tackles are a good start.
-
You have heard that Irsay rolls harder than that right? You're gonna need to bring some prime Peruvian flake to that party.
Go big or go home.
-
I love Rubin, but he is fading quickly. I think Pettine should take one or maybe even two defensive linemen in the first round. You have to have a dominant d-line in the AFC North.
-
I love Rubin, but he is fading quickly. I think Pettine should take one or maybe even two defensive linemen in the first round. You have to have a dominant d-line in the AFC North.
I love Rubin, but he is fading quickly. I think Pettine should take one or maybe even two defensive linemen in the first round. You have to have a dominant d-line in the AFC North.
That's a bit excessive seeing as how this team could use a couple offensive weapons. I think this coaching staff needs to address why they run this double eagle look on the goal line. Our interior doesn't flow to the ball and the Saints ran off tackle a ton. If this was the Niners, I could understand. The Saints? Not so much.
That said, this line needs a big man who can hold hold is own at the 3/4 tech, but has the speed to give guards and tackles fits. I'm all aboard the Leonard Williams train.
-
I don't understand some of you guys sometime. We're 1 year removed from a season where we had some of the most dominant Dline play in years and 2 games into the next season. Yeah we got run all over in the first two games, and from what I saw it was a lot of missed tackles right at the line by our ILB'ers. I've seen nothing yet that says Rubin and Taylor have lost anything from last year. Starting to talk about taking D lineman in the 1st round in next years draft is just baffling to me given how deep we already are. If there's some ridiculous Clowney like talent that will dominate at his position in the NFL from day one, than we'll have that discussion. Right now we still have serious issues with our receiving corp. And just cause we get soon to be mr 4 strikes back in 10 games doesn't mean shit. If Gordon can keep his ass clean hey great, still need to draft a #`1 receiver next year in the 1st round. Other than receiver...I'm looking at possibly an ILB depending on how this season plays out. If Dansby cleans up his run tackling and Kirksey keeps coming along, than no. But there might be the next Ray Lewis in next years draft, we'll see how his season pans out.
-
We're just talking different positions of need as we see them.
I have said before that I think big Phil is a great NT. He showed in the past two seasons that he can tie up the Center and a Guard and still flow laterally to the ball carrier. But I have never thought he is a great DT, which is essentially how he is being used now.
Vive versa for Rubin...
What was the question?
-
We're just talking different positions of need as we see them.
I have said before that I think big Phil is a great NT. He showed in the past two seasons that he can tie up the Center and a Guard and still flow laterally to the ball carrier. But I have never thought he is a great DT, which is essentially how he is being used now.
Vive versa for Rubin...
What was the question?
We're just talking different positions of need as we see them.
I have said before that I think big Phil is a great NT. He showed in the past two seasons that he can tie up the Center and a Guard and still flow laterally to the ball carrier. But I have never thought he is a great DT, which is essentially how he is being used now.
Vive versa for Rubin...
What was the question?
Do you mean that in reverse? Phil appears to be a better DT/DE than a NT. His play against Washington in the preseason stands out in my mind.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login