Rubin
-
You have heard that Irsay rolls harder than that right? You're gonna need to bring some prime Peruvian flake to that party.
Go big or go home.
-
I love Rubin, but he is fading quickly. I think Pettine should take one or maybe even two defensive linemen in the first round. You have to have a dominant d-line in the AFC North.
-
I love Rubin, but he is fading quickly. I think Pettine should take one or maybe even two defensive linemen in the first round. You have to have a dominant d-line in the AFC North.
I love Rubin, but he is fading quickly. I think Pettine should take one or maybe even two defensive linemen in the first round. You have to have a dominant d-line in the AFC North.
That's a bit excessive seeing as how this team could use a couple offensive weapons. I think this coaching staff needs to address why they run this double eagle look on the goal line. Our interior doesn't flow to the ball and the Saints ran off tackle a ton. If this was the Niners, I could understand. The Saints? Not so much.
That said, this line needs a big man who can hold hold is own at the 3/4 tech, but has the speed to give guards and tackles fits. I'm all aboard the Leonard Williams train.
-
I don't understand some of you guys sometime. We're 1 year removed from a season where we had some of the most dominant Dline play in years and 2 games into the next season. Yeah we got run all over in the first two games, and from what I saw it was a lot of missed tackles right at the line by our ILB'ers. I've seen nothing yet that says Rubin and Taylor have lost anything from last year. Starting to talk about taking D lineman in the 1st round in next years draft is just baffling to me given how deep we already are. If there's some ridiculous Clowney like talent that will dominate at his position in the NFL from day one, than we'll have that discussion. Right now we still have serious issues with our receiving corp. And just cause we get soon to be mr 4 strikes back in 10 games doesn't mean shit. If Gordon can keep his ass clean hey great, still need to draft a #`1 receiver next year in the 1st round. Other than receiver...I'm looking at possibly an ILB depending on how this season plays out. If Dansby cleans up his run tackling and Kirksey keeps coming along, than no. But there might be the next Ray Lewis in next years draft, we'll see how his season pans out.
-
We're just talking different positions of need as we see them.
I have said before that I think big Phil is a great NT. He showed in the past two seasons that he can tie up the Center and a Guard and still flow laterally to the ball carrier. But I have never thought he is a great DT, which is essentially how he is being used now.
Vive versa for Rubin...
What was the question?
-
We're just talking different positions of need as we see them.
I have said before that I think big Phil is a great NT. He showed in the past two seasons that he can tie up the Center and a Guard and still flow laterally to the ball carrier. But I have never thought he is a great DT, which is essentially how he is being used now.
Vive versa for Rubin...
What was the question?
We're just talking different positions of need as we see them.
I have said before that I think big Phil is a great NT. He showed in the past two seasons that he can tie up the Center and a Guard and still flow laterally to the ball carrier. But I have never thought he is a great DT, which is essentially how he is being used now.
Vive versa for Rubin...
What was the question?
Do you mean that in reverse? Phil appears to be a better DT/DE than a NT. His play against Washington in the preseason stands out in my mind.
-
our DLine will be fine if pettine can fine tune it and get off his hard stance of predicated schemes. by now he should know how to utilize each player to get the best out of them.
the DLine has been our strength on D for the last 3-4 years. no reason to think that will change after 2 flippin games.
that ponderosa steakhouse fat is a little tougher to shake on and off than let's say a big mac. get them there earlier and keep them there later for 2 days of paractice a week then give them an xtra day the fuck off except in the weight room.
-
We're just talking different positions of need as we see them.
I have said before that I think big Phil is a great NT. He showed in the past two seasons that he can tie up the Center and a Guard and still flow laterally to the ball carrier. But I have never thought he is a great DT, which is essentially how he is being used now.
Vive versa for Rubin...
What was the question?
Do you mean that in reverse? Phil appears to be a better DT/DE than a NT. His play against Washington in the preseason stands out in my mind.
Do you mean that in reverse? Phil appears to be a better DT/DE than a NT. His play against Washington in the preseason stands out in my mind.
Nope.. as written...
But I am remembering last year after fully recouping from his year-two, pec tear and his rookie season. I loved him on the center's nose in a true 3-4.
Edit: Realized this AM we were not in a 3-4 his first two seasons, but I remember being more impressed with him on the center's nose. I believe that is where Jauron put him a good percentage of the time in the 4-3.
-
Tour, why do you think Phil is a better NT than DT? As a NT he's got to do even more heavy lifting.
-
Tour, why do you think Phil is a better NT than DT? As a NT he's got to do even more heavy lifting.
Tour, why do you think Phil is a better NT than DT? As a NT he's got to do even more heavy lifting.
True, but he can handle heavy lifting.
It's just how I am remembering him being most effective... tieing up two O-line and string out wide runs... beating a center with a quick swim move and pressuring the middle of the pocket... even splitting the odd double team here and there..
While I'd like to think my remembering is infallible, I'm old enough to know it's not... or rather because I'm old, I used to know it's not.
Case in point see my edit of my preceding post. -
I don't understand some of you guys sometime. We're 1 year removed from a season where we had some of the most dominant Dline play in years and 2 games into the next season. Yeah we got run all over in the first two games, and from what I saw it was a lot of missed tackles right at the line by our ILB'ers. I've seen nothing yet that says Rubin and Taylor have lost anything from last year. Starting to talk about taking D lineman in the 1st round in next years draft is just baffling to me given how deep we already are. If there's some ridiculous Clowney like talent that will dominate at his position in the NFL from day one, than we'll have that discussion. Right now we still have serious issues with our receiving corp. And just cause we get soon to be mr 4 strikes back in 10 games doesn't mean shit. If Gordon can keep his ass clean hey great, still need to draft a #`1 receiver next year in the 1st round. Other than receiver...I'm looking at possibly an ILB depending on how this season plays out. If Dansby cleans up his run tackling and Kirksey keeps coming along, than no. But there might be the next Ray Lewis in next years draft, we'll see how his season pans out.
I don't understand some of you guys sometime. We're 1 year removed from a season where we had some of the most dominant Dline play in years and 2 games into the next season. . I've seen nothing yet that says Rubin and Taylor have lost anything from last year. .
Like I said, our interior Dline is an issue.
I feel it's both a problem of personal and scheme there are a couple things about this defensive coaching staff I just don't like.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login