Sadie Robertson of Duck Dynasty - on Dancing with the Stars
-
impressed that dad let her do this show
shows that even faith filled christian homes especially as outspoken as the Robertsons -
are secure enough to let theyre kids engage the world on terms that excercise free will
something that the haters find inexplicable!
What I imagine that "haters" would object to would be the denial by these folks of allowing their children to exercise a certain amount of free will.
Or are you referring to the "haters" as the fundamentalist cultists who would object to this clan allowing their children to go out and "do their own thing"?
What I imagine that "haters" would object to would be the denial by these folks of allowing their children to exercise a certain amount of free will.
Or are you referring to the "haters" as the fundamentalist cultists who would object to this clan allowing their children to go out and "do their own thing"?
the context I had in mind closely resembles your first line...
DWTS audience will witness a normal family allowing their child the freedom to experience
something that is mostly fun for the kid. And the risks the parents must feel of "letting go"
Because the Robertsons are very outspoken about their faith in Jesus Christ - the "haters"
are those who argue christianity's "narrow minded" worldview but cant quite square it against
this refreshing display of living life! (as displayed by the Robertsons)
And a whole lot of people who are of the faith - are the first to say that it is not of their own doing but rather a life
lived in Christ. So the resulting "security" is gained by the same faith...
-
I highly doubt they didn't let the kids dance at her school. Probably just as believable as the 'heehaw' persona that the sons took on for the show. Before the "Jesus is under attack!" crew arrive, I don't like the show for the same reasons I don't like any reality show. It is fake nonsense but people take them seriously. I wouldn't take life advice from Snookie or a fake hillbilly.

-
i dont take it seriously either - DWTS or Duck dynasty except that cal is right - she dances beautifully!
in fact, I cut the cable, use an antenna but rarely watch television.
what I find remarkable is the salvation message is getting out in the midst
of what is normally satans domain - secular media !
-
What I imagine that "haters" would object to would be the denial by these folks of allowing their children to exercise a certain amount of free will.
Or are you referring to the "haters" as the fundamentalist cultists who would object to this clan allowing their children to go out and "do their own thing"?
the context I had in mind closely resembles your first line...
DWTS audience will witness a normal family allowing their child the freedom to experience
something that is mostly fun for the kid. And the risks the parents must feel of "letting go"
Because the Robertsons are very outspoken about their faith in Jesus Christ - the "haters"
are those who argue christianity's "narrow minded" worldview but cant quite square it against
this refreshing display of living life! (as displayed by the Robertsons)
And a whole lot of people who are of the faith - are the first to say that it is not of their own doing but rather a life
lived in Christ. So the resulting "security" is gained by the same faith...
the context I had in mind closely resembles your first line...
DWTS audience will witness a normal family allowing their child the freedom to experience
something that is mostly fun for the kid. And the risks the parents must feel of "letting go"
Because the Robertsons are very outspoken about their faith in Jesus Christ - the "haters"
are those who argue christianity's "narrow minded" worldview but cant quite square it against
this refreshing display of living life! (as displayed by the Robertsons)
And a whole lot of people who are of the faith - are the first to say that it is not of their own doing but rather a life
lived in Christ. So the resulting "security" is gained by the same faith...
Well, I don't believe that just because a person claims to be Christian requires them to force their children to lead a repressive life style. We've all seen Footloose, we know it don't work. Even if your Mama don't dance and your daddy don't rock and roll, when evening comes around and its time to hit the town, where do you go?
-
Well, we went on vacation earlier this year cross country, and because we
were ultimately going to N. of Dallas to see her Dad, we stopped over in
West Munroe, La. You should know, that the townsfolk around in any store,
whatever, adore the Robertsons, they say they are exactly the same off camera -
wonderfully funny and Christian decent family - the real deal.
But as Uncle Si told Willy on the show (many of their shows are re-creations of what has
actually happened in the past).... like the show about Si riding around his motorized wheelchair
because Willy bumped bumpers with his truck? That really did happen. They recreated it for the show....
but Si told Willy that Sadie was a grown-up beautiful young woman, and you can't hide that....
the beards can go, but they have always been the same family. I recommend their books for a Christmas present -
the stories are very funny, and/or very serious and real.
Here is another dance number:
-
Lets put it this way....in a couple of years I would be very glad to go see her work a pole somewhere.
-
On a more realistic level......I would not, because that is quite impossible
given the character and honor of their entire family, including her.
However, she is quite a sexy dancer... quite a young woman.
-
On a more realistic level......I would not, because that is quite impossible
given the character and honor of their entire family, including her.
However, she is quite a sexy dancer... quite a young woman.
On a more realistic level......I would not, because that is quite impossible
given the character and honor of their entire family, including her.
However, she is quite a sexy dancer... quite a young woman.
You never know what is realistic for the future.
(and fyi....here is a clue for you Cal.....some of the people that have had the least honor I have known....be they public figures or personally known to me....have professed to be "Christians". You can go down the list of charlatans from Jim Bakker to all the other ones. Not saying that is the case here.....just don't ever believe anyone necessarily when they tell you how holier than thou they are)
-
Shoot, I've known that my whole life, mostly. That's why my family ended up stopping going to church.
One of my favorite sayings on the subject is, "Churches are a great place to go, unless there are people there".
One, back in our teenage days, was "You've never been stabbed in the back until
you've been stabbed in the back by a 'Christian' .."
But, when you visit West Munroe, La..... any place we went, truck stop, McDonalds, convenience store, ...
hotel... I asked about the Robertsons, and every one of them said they adore them, they are the real deal,
their whole lives. And the history of their family in their town is exactly what they talk about in their books,
and how they are on TV.
You should pick up their books. They are very impressive. Phil Robertson is extremely honest about how
much of a terrible boozer he was when he was younger. Very sad, poverty stricken beginnings back in the day
when Phil and his brother Si hunted to have food on the table. Si enlisted ... Phil hit bottom after kicking his Wife
and kids out of his life....
Their books are honest where they've been.
-
Isn't Mingo from West Monroe?
-
The young girl does remind me a bit of Keira Knightly.
-
Meanwhile, in Bel Air...
-
And I didn't realise Bruno had made it over there as well. I knew Len was 'the bad guy' for you guys.
-
Well, they've done it again, this time, with a set that included... some cast members
of Duck Dynasty ! With duck calls !
Really talented....
http://www.rickey.org/sadie-robertson-mark-ballas-dance-samba-video/269600/
-
Well, she is good, and she could win....but as I said Cal, I am waiting for the time that she is old enough to work a pole in just her pasties.
-
Charleston.... pretty cool. I imagine her whole family is surprised at how good she is.
-
bump
-
-
I didn't see it, if it's the rumba, til now. I thought the Charleston was fun, she did a very fine job
in a few dances so far, that the kind of dance I didn't like....
But, here, in the rumba, Mark had to design the rumba choreography to fit
Sadie's concerns over this particular dance, that lends itself to overtly sexual, ranchy nature,
and they come up roses again. It intrigues me, being a big fan of the show, that she steps out
and shows an amazing dancing side of her. She was sticking to her principles, and the dance
ended up being highly praised, again, by the judges.
Here's the rumba:
-
For some unknown reason, Donny Osmond was a judge on the british version of the show recently. That guy was awful.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login