Skip to content

Ticket prices hold the line

The Browns Board
11 8 937
  • After last season ticket prices should have dropped, especially with us going through rebuild AGAIN.

  • Well.....you know that isn't going to happen...at least this year...next year may be a different story all across the league if people continue to clam up and jobs continue to be lost.

  • In related news, the Browns also rank damn near 31st in every other statistical category, including record....

    But, owning 6 seats myself, I'm glad to hear they're not being idiots in attempting to raise price!

  • I wish I lived close enough to buy a season ticket! It's a dream, maybe one year when I'm old and the family hates me I can come out an spend six months in Ohio!

    What kind of money are we talking for your tickets, just trying to get a handle on the costs you guys undertake. Also, isn't there like a seat license as well that you have to pay for?? Look on the bright side, this year you get a plastic chair with every ticket. That's a classy gift right there!

    Howie.

  • I wish I lived close enough to buy a season ticket! It's a dream, maybe one year when I'm old and the family hates me I can come out an spend six months in Ohio!

    What kind of money are we talking for your tickets, just trying to get a handle on the costs you guys undertake. Also, isn't there like a seat license as well that you have to pay for?? Look on the bright side, this year you get a plastic chair with every ticket. That's a classy gift right there!

    Howie.

    @howiedawg said:

    I wish I lived close enough to buy a season ticket! It's a dream, maybe one year when I'm old and the family hates me I can come out an spend six months in Ohio!

    What kind of money are we talking for your tickets, just trying to get a handle on the costs you guys undertake. Also, isn't there like a seat license as well that you have to pay for?? Look on the bright side, this year you get a plastic chair with every ticket. That's a classy gift right there!

    Howie.

    Here, HowieDawg, check out the bottom of this page to see prices for the PSL and the tickets.

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/tickets/STH08/prices.php

  • I wish I lived close enough to buy a season ticket! It's a dream, maybe one year when I'm old and the family hates me I can come out an spend six months in Ohio!

    What kind of money are we talking for your tickets, just trying to get a handle on the costs you guys undertake. Also, isn't there like a seat license as well that you have to pay for?? Look on the bright side, this year you get a plastic chair with every ticket. That's a classy gift right there!

    Howie.

    @howiedawg said:

    I wish I lived close enough to buy a season ticket! It's a dream, maybe one year when I'm old and the family hates me I can come out an spend six months in Ohio!

    What kind of money are we talking for your tickets, just trying to get a handle on the costs you guys undertake. Also, isn't there like a seat license as well that you have to pay for?? Look on the bright side, this year you get a plastic chair with every ticket. That's a classy gift right there!

    Howie.

    I own the cheap seats and face value is $40. The PSL's were $250 each (FYI the least expensive PSL's in Charlotte were at least $1000). Since I live in South Carolina, my family in Ohio goes to a few Browns games each year. The rest of the time I sell my tickets. It's so easy to email tickets that my sister can usually find someone to use the seats. This season I didn't have takers for any of the night games. Curiously, when the team is playing well, my seats are harder to get rid of. I can only speculate that people are more willing to pay higher prices so they go straight to brokers and scalpers rather than looking around for cheap seats. Also, they're more interested in "better" seats.

  • I wish I lived close enough to buy a season ticket! It's a dream, maybe one year when I'm old and the family hates me I can come out an spend six months in Ohio!

    What kind of money are we talking for your tickets, just trying to get a handle on the costs you guys undertake. Also, isn't there like a seat license as well that you have to pay for?? Look on the bright side, this year you get a plastic chair with every ticket. That's a classy gift right there!

    Howie.

    @howiedawg said:

    What kind of money are we talking for your tickets, just trying to get a handle on the costs you guys undertake. Also, isn't there like a seat license as well that you have to pay for??

    My PSL's (Private seat license) in section 345 were $550/per ... I think they are like $650+ if bought directly through the Cleveland Browns today. My seats are $45/per and you have to buy the preseason games, so that's x10.

    So each year, my renewal price is $900/total for the pair ... that's not too bad.

    However, I sell or donate those tickets every year and buy into Ed's section so I can sit with them (and help keep them out of trouble). These seats are $50/per, so I spend $1,000 annually (and incur any addidtional fees if I don't sell my other set entirely).

    The PSL was a one time fee. Supposedly, you can sell them (perhaps even at todays inflated rate and make a small profit from the 1999 prices). I use to own 4 seats, I sold 2 of the PSL's a few years back for what I paid for them.

    When I sell my extra set of season tickets each year, the buyer doesn't have the opportunity to purchase the PSL, just the tickets, leaving me to retain the tickets from year to year.

    I believe that I already have a buyer for the coming season.

  • Yeah the Bull riding video is a riot. I can not believe they allowed you on that Bull ... you look like you wouldn't have remember riding that thing had G-man not video taped it.

    The chicks are hot.

  • Howie,

    Zombo and Stan are right vid is ace, but am kinda thinking you would have fallen of that bull in seconds even if it was sitting still, Luv tht bar although, specially when hot chicks get up to ride the Bull.

  • I wish I lived close enough to buy a season ticket! It's a dream, maybe one year when I'm old and the family hates me I can come out an spend six months in Ohio!

    What kind of money are we talking for your tickets, just trying to get a handle on the costs you guys undertake. Also, isn't there like a seat license as well that you have to pay for?? Look on the bright side, this year you get a plastic chair with every ticket. That's a classy gift right there!

    Howie.

    @howiedawg said:

    I wish I lived close enough to buy a season ticket! It's a dream, maybe one year when I'm old and the family hates me I can come out an spend six months in Ohio!

    What kind of money are we talking for your tickets, just trying to get a handle on the costs you guys undertake. Also, isn't there like a seat license as well that you have to pay for?? Look on the bright side, this year you get a plastic chair with every ticket. That's a classy gift right there!

    Howie.

    My 2 PSL's in section 534 were $1500 each, and the per game ticket cost is $70 per seat....$1400 per year.