Special Teams Contributions to Loss to the Ravens...
-
Doinked FG at Q4 13:30
Yount's snap was low-ish causing Lanning to trap it to ground before setting it for kick. Hard to tell ball angle, laces etc., but lack of a cleanly catchable snap almost certainly contributed to the miss...
Blocked FG at Q4 7:54
I wondered if the above snap/hold issue contributed to the block? Did it make Cundiff hesitate and thus increase the time to get away our last FG try?
I looked at all the extra points and both the FGs. Timing was by count of slo-mo frames stepped thru from first move of snap to foot impacting ball. Here are the results:
1st TD - 43 frames
2nd TD - 45
3rd TD - 43
1st FG - 46 (Doink)
2nd FG - 43 (Blocked)
Pretty clear that kicker hesitation played no role. So what did?Watched the play several times and looks like Jackson (#25), the outside rusher, got a tremendous jump and played perfect angle to get a hand on the kick. Jackson moves a full four frames before anyone else save the snapper moves. I wish I had a pre-snap look at the lines because he also looks to be "closer" to the line of scrimmage than any other defender.
Regardless he came out fast, hot and low... Sometimes you just have to tip your hat...
Can a fella get a fair catch around here?
BLT's last punt landed at the 22... the 22!!! It landed as Benji was waving for a fair catch at the 25! Misjudged? Thought he was at the 15? Whatever... it was downed at the 6-3/4 yard line.
Would the 15 yards have mattered? Maybe not, but still...
Oh and just for grins I "timed" the Ravens' last two FGs...
The next to last was 46 frames.
The killer was 43 frames... Haden was about a foot too slow to block it...
-
-
Haden was about a foot too slow to block it...
Haden was about a foot slow when he let Smith run right by him to seal the loss
-
On the radio, they were saying our line isnt playing well on FG. They said last weeks winner was almost blocked. I deleted from my dvr or i would have looked closer.
On the radio, they were saying our line isnt playing well on FG. They said last weeks winner was almost blocked. I deleted from my dvr or i would have looked closer.
I remember some middle penetration last week, but not this week... I'll look again.
The block was pure edge. Some in the Tavern were blaming Winn, but he had two rushing his inside gap between he and Bito.
Besides, rarely is the outside rusher blocked in kicks. You simply cannot account for him and prevent inside pressure.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login