Skip to content

Joe Haden got smoked again

The Browns Board
74 30 2.8k
  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #1

    THE MOST OVER hyped player ever.

  • Cbus BrownieC Cbus Brownie wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I'm not considered a glass half full kind of guy usually, but do you ever see anything positive? Ever?

    I envision you wathing the games in a bath tub, eating a PB&J with crumbs all over your face, a toaster and razorblade on the ledge of the tub..

    Nothing personal Walt, just sayin.

    Gilbert looked terrible yet again. He's more of a concern IMO.

  • THE MOST OVER hyped player ever.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @walterwhite said:

    THE MOST OVER hyped player ever.

    Easy fix...

    Just tell Joe to stand next to Johnny...

    Solved!

  • D Dste Ace wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I know he's a rookie, and it's early, but damn man, Gilbert looks completely lost out there.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Dennard looks good

  • T Tiott wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Something is goin on. I mean he didn't suddendly became a bad player. There has to be a health or scheme issue

  • Something is goin on. I mean he didn't suddendly became a bad player. There has to be a health or scheme issue

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @tiott said:

    Something is goin on. I mean he didn't suddendly became a bad player. There has to be a health or scheme issue

    I think there is a scheme issue with this entire defense. The talent is there to excell, but something is not fitting right.

  • Dennard looks good

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @lbc-mike said:

    Dennard looks good

    Dennard plays in dime packages and isn't being asked to play over his head like most rookies are. It also helps playing behind a badass front 7.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    What about Pierre Desir. Where was he?

  • @lbc-mike said:

    Dennard looks good

    Dennard plays in dime packages and isn't being asked to play over his head like most rookies are. It also helps playing behind a badass front 7.

    T Tiott wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @tiamat63 said:

    Dennard plays in dime packages and isn't being asked to play over his head like most rookies are. It also helps playing behind a badass front 7.

    Absolutly. Our front 7 isn't puting a lot of presure on qb's. You add that to the fact that we played against 3 superbowls qb's, and you see why our secondary struggles.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I'll have to go back and watch, but from what I remember watching, this seems to be the most that Haden has been asked to play press-man in his career.

    He doesn't have the speed to constantly be pressing. Beat the press, Haden doesn't have the elite speed to catch up.

    But, I was pretty drunk...I might be wrong.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I was apt to give GIlbert a break until I saw what Roby's doing in Denver. Roby looks like he's been in the league a few years. Gilbert, and also other members of the secondary....look lost in the tall weeds.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Haden very disappointing. Gilbert first round bust so far.

  • I was apt to give GIlbert a break until I saw what Roby's doing in Denver. Roby looks like he's been in the league a few years. Gilbert, and also other members of the secondary....look lost in the tall weeds.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @clevfan4life said:

    I was apt to give GIlbert a break until I saw what Roby's doing in Denver. Roby looks like he's been in the league a few years. Gilbert, and also other members of the secondary....look lost in the tall weeds.

    I would make a similar argument to the one above that the Denver front 7 is stout and gets to the QB a lot better.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I like Joe, a lot, but I too am disappointed in his coverage. Not sure what the problem is, but it isn't just him, it's all 11 + the DC.

  • I like Joe, a lot, but I too am disappointed in his coverage. Not sure what the problem is, but it isn't just him, it's all 11 + the DC.

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @d-bone said:

    I like Joe, a lot, but I too am disappointed in his coverage. Not sure what the problem is, but it isn't just him, it's all 11 + the DC.

    injury or the rule change is my guess

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I think Pettine needs to take over the play calling duties from Jim O'neil. The opposing teams offense is always one step ahead, offensive coordinators are making him look amateur.

  • SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by Suomi
    #18

    Where's all the press coverage that I kept hearing about that the Browns were going to be playing this season? Gilbert was the best press corner in the draft and was selected as such because he fit Pettine's physical corner scheme. I haven't seen any Browns corner get up in the wideout's grill and run him off his route all season. The Browns' corners always seem to play a few yards off the LOS and never get their hands on the receiver, and the receiver winds up running his route just as it was designed. What gives?

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Let's package Mingo and Haden in a trade deal.. They both suck.. I'll take a 6 pack of pepsi for'em.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Sorry Peeps, He resigned because he want's to stay in C-town and Win for this town. He make this team better. Not many Revis's out there and you see the number 1 rated CB in draft, Gilbert which now we call Gil burnt.. I see Gipson in help zone coverage, but where the hell is W hitner??