Squealing Steelers
-
Brown pushes off verner vag not sure how u don't see that. I admit he's talented but Jesus the refs have let him do that in every game this year
You miss the Vincent Jackson push off for the game winner? And can one of the mods please remove the ridiculously insensitive comment from Ernie whatever the fvck. I may be at the game in Cleveland, I will be sure to return the favor in person. Gutless piece of sh.it. ive been banned in the past for using the "r-word" but someone makes light of cancer and I get a 24 hour ban and the comment still remains.
You miss the Vincent Jackson push off for the game winner? And can one of the mods please remove the ridiculously insensitive comment from Ernie whatever the fvck. I may be at the game in Cleveland, I will be sure to return the favor in person. Gutless piece of sh.it. ive been banned in the past for using the "r-word" but someone makes light of cancer and I get a 24 hour ban and the comment still remains.
If the Steelers were called for their push offs all the time, they may never win a game.
(plus...what is the "r" word? Razorback? Rutabaga? .....if Larry is the one who banned you it is probably because you used the word Reisling. Larry is prejudiced against white wine)
-
Said the Stooler fan on a Cleveland Browns message board.
Irony at its best.
This thread is irony at its best.
In the thread title "Squealing Steelers" ....the ones actually "squealing" are a bunch of browns fans squealing about a Steeler fan being here.
Why all the hate?
This thread is irony at its best.
In the thread title "Squealing Steelers" ....the ones actually "squealing" are a bunch of browns fans squealing about a Steeler fan being here.
Why all the hate?
I don't mind him being here, nor you, nor the Douche.
I mean the only group I can think of that brings more stupidity and ignorance to the table that we can make fun of is a Klan rally. I mean, we feel like we are Gene Wilder and Cleavon Little:
-
This thread is irony at its best.
In the thread title "Squealing Steelers" ....the ones actually "squealing" are a bunch of browns fans squealing about a Steeler fan being here.
Why all the hate?
I don't mind him being here, nor you, nor the Douche.
I mean the only group I can think of that brings more stupidity and ignorance to the table that we can make fun of is a Klan rally. I mean, we feel like we are Gene Wilder and Cleavon Little:
I don't mind him being here, nor you, nor the Douche.
I mean the only group I can think of that brings more stupidity and ignorance to the table that we can make fun of is a Klan rally. I mean, we feel like we are Gene Wilder and Cleavon Little:
I don't bring stupidity to this board. I bring a conflicting view point that just like the rest of you is occasionally guised in my teams colored glasses. Stupidity? Definitely not. I've been here long enough that you and everyone else should realize, the back handed below the belt insults don't do anything but make me shake my head and occasionally chuckle. I'd much rather exist here without all the ridiculous insults back and forth because if I haven't left by now I'm probably not going to, correct?
-
You miss the Vincent Jackson push off for the game winner? And can one of the mods please remove the ridiculously insensitive comment from Ernie whatever the fvck. I may be at the game in Cleveland, I will be sure to return the favor in person. Gutless piece of sh.it. ive been banned in the past for using the "r-word" but someone makes light of cancer and I get a 24 hour ban and the comment still remains.
If the Steelers were called for their push offs all the time, they may never win a game.
(plus...what is the "r" word? Razorback? Rutabaga? .....if Larry is the one who banned you it is probably because you used the word Reisling. Larry is prejudiced against white wine)
If the Steelers were called for their push offs all the time, they may never win a game.
(plus...what is the "r" word? Razorback? Rutabaga? .....if Larry is the one who banned you it is probably because you used the word Reisling. Larry is prejudiced against white wine)
So wait. The Pittsburgh steelers are the only team that occasionally pushes off? In what parallel universe does the above statement exist? Giplandia?
-
http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2013
Look who's at the bottom, fairweather fans? Even Jacksonville beat Pittsburgh.
And Cleveland ranked 11th
Again, the size of the stadium dictates the total attendance. I don't know the capacity of Pickle and Ketchup Field, but it is one of the smallest in the NFL. So total attendance is a non sequiter.
No, the key figure on that board is the no show rate. At 11.2% the Steelers have the 5th highest no show rate. Only Washington, Miami, St. Louis, and Oakland are worse.
Compare, the Browns are at 2.7%.
I think a lot of that has to do with corporate accounts and season tickets. Steelers tickets aren't cheap, ever. Release those same tickets to the general masses and the seats would never be empty. I honestly wish there were a rule in place with season tickets. If seats are left empty for x amount of time you should be forced to relinquish them the following season. Outside of extreme circumstances of course.Again, the size of the stadium dictates the total attendance. I don't know the capacity of Pickle and Ketchup Field, but it is one of the smallest in the NFL. So total attendance is a non sequiter.
No, the key figure on that board is the no show rate. At 11.2% the Steelers have the 5th highest no show rate. Only Washington, Miami, St. Louis, and Oakland are worse.
Compare, the Browns are at 2.7%.
-
If the Steelers were called for their push offs all the time, they may never win a game.
(plus...what is the "r" word? Razorback? Rutabaga? .....if Larry is the one who banned you it is probably because you used the word Reisling. Larry is prejudiced against white wine)
So wait. The Pittsburgh steelers are the only team that occasionally pushes off? In what parallel universe does the above statement exist? Giplandia?
So wait. The Pittsburgh steelers are the only team that occasionally pushes off? In what parallel universe does the above statement exist? Giplandia?
No, the Steelers are not the only team that occasionally pushes off....but they may do it more than other teams do. But Steeler fans are the ones who whine and complain about it most.
-
So wait. The Pittsburgh steelers are the only team that occasionally pushes off? In what parallel universe does the above statement exist? Giplandia?
No, the Steelers are not the only team that occasionally pushes off....but they may do it more than other teams do. But Steeler fans are the ones who whine and complain about it most.
No, the Steelers are not the only team that occasionally pushes off....but they may do it more than other teams do. But Steeler fans are the ones who whine and complain about it most.
All of which is based on your experience here with me on this message board. There also isn't a fan worth a damn anywhere in America that doesn't pull out the soap box for their respective teams. Prove the steelers push off more than any other team. You are talking out of your ass again.
-
I think a lot of that has to do with corporate accounts and season tickets. Steelers tickets aren't cheap, ever. Release those same tickets to the general masses and the seats would never be empty. I honestly wish there were a rule in place with season tickets. If seats are left empty for x amount of time you should be forced to relinquish them the following season. Outside of extreme circumstances of course.Again, the size of the stadium dictates the total attendance. I don't know the capacity of Pickle and Ketchup Field, but it is one of the smallest in the NFL. So total attendance is a non sequiter.
No, the key figure on that board is the no show rate. At 11.2% the Steelers have the 5th highest no show rate. Only Washington, Miami, St. Louis, and Oakland are worse.
Compare, the Browns are at 2.7%.
I think a lot of that has to do with corporate accounts and season tickets. Steelers tickets aren't cheap, ever. Release those same tickets to the general masses and the seats would never be empty. I honestly wish there were a rule in place with season tickets. If seats are left empty for x amount of time you should be forced to relinquish them the following season. Outside of extreme circumstances of course.
Excuses, excuses. All other teams sell tickets to corporate accounts. All other teams tickets aren't cheap, ever......in fact....since they are so expensive....why the fuck would the guys that invest so much in them not use them?
And FYI, those tickets certainly are released to the public through the secondary market.
And I don't know how you could have a rule that a person must use the seat he paid for or lose them. I can buy a classic car and not be forced to actually put it on the road. I would think those persons owning those seats would sell them to someone who would want to use them....or give them away.
Maybe...in fact.. there is just not that much interest in going to Steeler games. 11.2% no show rate would seem to indicate that.
(and if the losing continues, I can only foresee that figure going higher)
-
No, the Steelers are not the only team that occasionally pushes off....but they may do it more than other teams do. But Steeler fans are the ones who whine and complain about it most.
All of which is based on your experience here with me on this message board. There also isn't a fan worth a damn anywhere in America that doesn't pull out the soap box for their respective teams. Prove the steelers push off more than any other team. You are talking out of your ass again.
All of which is based on your experience here with me on this message board. There also isn't a fan worth a damn anywhere in America that doesn't pull out the soap box for their respective teams. Prove the steelers push off more than any other team. You are talking out of your ass again.
I have no proof....other than the incessant whining about it by yinzers. It is anecdotal proof.
Don't whine so much after every game, and my proof goes up in smoke.
-
http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2013
Look who's at the bottom, fairweather fans? Even Jacksonville beat Pittsburgh.
And Cleveland ranked 11th
Oh their excuse is we only have this puny little stadium that we can barely fill up, even when we're winning. When the losing starts (um, it's started) welcome to Three Rivers Ghost Town. Ya see 90% of their fanbase only knows how to root for winners. What "we're the mighty Steelers- we win all the time". As Lee Corso would say "not so fast my friend." Difference on this board at least is- we've long ago cleared out the fairweather front running ass kissing fans. Youngstown will be swinging the other way- real soon. .
You miss the Vincent Jackson push off for the game winner? And can one of the mods please remove the ridiculously insensitive comment from Ernie whatever the fvck. I may be at the game in Cleveland, I will be sure to return the favor in person. Gutless piece of sh.it. ive been banned in the past for using the "r-word" but someone makes light of cancer and I get a 24 hour ban and the comment still remains.
WAAAHHHHAAAAA!!! That play never gets called in the last two minutes- short of an absolute mugging, and you damn well know it. I believe in another post someone alluded to Brown pushed off on his TD catch- dead silence there. HOMER.
-
I don't mind him being here, nor you, nor the Douche.
I mean the only group I can think of that brings more stupidity and ignorance to the table that we can make fun of is a Klan rally. I mean, we feel like we are Gene Wilder and Cleavon Little:
I don't bring stupidity to this board. I bring a conflicting view point that just like the rest of you is occasionally guised in my teams colored glasses. Stupidity? Definitely not. I've been here long enough that you and everyone else should realize, the back handed below the belt insults don't do anything but make me shake my head and occasionally chuckle. I'd much rather exist here without all the ridiculous insults back and forth because if I haven't left by now I'm probably not going to, correct?
I don't bring stupidity to this board.
You don't bring as much of it as others of your ilk....but you do contribute.
I bring a conflicting view point that just like the rest of you is occasionally guised in my teams colored glasses. Stupidity? Definitely not.
Stupid is as stupid does. It is not for you to determine if you are stupid, but for others.
I've been here long enough that you and everyone else should realize, the back handed below the belt insults don't do anything but make me shake my head and occasionally chuckle. I'd much rather exist here without all the ridiculous insults back and forth because if I haven't left by now I'm probably not going to, correct?
You are not going to what? Leave? That is up to you to decide. But I am not advocating it. Or you are probably not going to exist here without the backhanded insults that come your way? Certainly not. You make it all too easy to bestow those gifts upon you.
As for insults back and forth....no, its really a one way street. You are really piss poor at insults, base or creative. Stick to the whiny nebbish act. It suits you better. Leave the insults to us big boys.
-
All of which is based on your experience here with me on this message board. There also isn't a fan worth a damn anywhere in America that doesn't pull out the soap box for their respective teams. Prove the steelers push off more than any other team. You are talking out of your ass again.
I have no proof....other than the incessant whining about it by yinzers. It is anecdotal proof.
Don't whine so much after every game, and my proof goes up in smoke.
I have no proof....other than the incessant whining about it by yinzers. It is anecdotal proof.
I admit it... I had to google "yinzer"...
-
-
I have no proof....other than the incessant whining about it by yinzers. It is anecdotal proof.
I admit it... I had to google "yinzer"...
I admit it... I had to google "yinzer"...
hahaha....my father in law was from the Penn hills and said "yins" all the time......yins going to the store??....hahaha
We tried to educate him on proper english, but that appalachian upbringing prevented that from happening....nice guy tho...
-
I think a lot of that has to do with corporate accounts and season tickets. Steelers tickets aren't cheap, ever. Release those same tickets to the general masses and the seats would never be empty. I honestly wish there were a rule in place with season tickets. If seats are left empty for x amount of time you should be forced to relinquish them the following season. Outside of extreme circumstances of course.
Excuses, excuses. All other teams sell tickets to corporate accounts. All other teams tickets aren't cheap, ever......in fact....since they are so expensive....why the fuck would the guys that invest so much in them not use them?
And FYI, those tickets certainly are released to the public through the secondary market.
And I don't know how you could have a rule that a person must use the seat he paid for or lose them. I can buy a classic car and not be forced to actually put it on the road. I would think those persons owning those seats would sell them to someone who would want to use them....or give them away.
Maybe...in fact.. there is just not that much interest in going to Steeler games. 11.2% no show rate would seem to indicate that.
(and if the losing continues, I can only foresee that figure going higher)
Tickets on the secondary market are over 100 dollars a piece with the more realistic territory of 150 or more per ticket. I can go to a browns game for less than 20. If you can't see the difference you cant be reasoned with and I'm not going to bother continuing the discussion. The classic car argument is also a terrible one. A classic car can sit for ages if properly stored get a tune up and go. There are only so many home games per season and people not going are just throwing away money. My classic car is costing me at most a limited mileage insurance policy per month. Terrible comparison.Excuses, excuses. All other teams sell tickets to corporate accounts. All other teams tickets aren't cheap, ever......in fact....since they are so expensive....why the fuck would the guys that invest so much in them not use them?
And FYI, those tickets certainly are released to the public through the secondary market.
And I don't know how you could have a rule that a person must use the seat he paid for or lose them. I can buy a classic car and not be forced to actually put it on the road. I would think those persons owning those seats would sell them to someone who would want to use them....or give them away.
Maybe...in fact.. there is just not that much interest in going to Steeler games. 11.2% no show rate would seem to indicate that.
(and if the losing continues, I can only foresee that figure going higher)
-
I admit it... I had to google "yinzer"...
hahaha....my father in law was from the Penn hills and said "yins" all the time......yins going to the store??....hahaha
We tried to educate him on proper english, but that appalachian upbringing prevented that from happening....nice guy tho...
hahaha....my father in law was from the Penn hills and said "yins" all the time......yins going to the store??....hahaha
We tried to educate him on proper english, but that appalachian upbringing prevented that from happening....nice guy tho...
Not everyone says yinz in Pittsburgh. I dont, my mom and sister refrain as well. My dad says it on occasion and it has a proper origin so it's less slang than people make it out to be..
-
And Gipper you are a ridiculous wind bag. I tone my insults way down as a matter of self preservation. If I said what I really wanted to say I'd get banned all the time. You really do think you are gods gift to humanity and its hysterical.
-
Tickets on the secondary market are over 100 dollars a piece with the more realistic territory of 150 or more per ticket. I can go to a browns game for less than 20. If you can't see the difference you cant be reasoned with and I'm not going to bother continuing the discussion. The classic car argument is also a terrible one. A classic car can sit for ages if properly stored get a tune up and go. There are only so many home games per season and people not going are just throwing away money. My classic car is costing me at most a limited mileage insurance policy per month. Terrible comparison.Excuses, excuses. All other teams sell tickets to corporate accounts. All other teams tickets aren't cheap, ever......in fact....since they are so expensive....why the fuck would the guys that invest so much in them not use them?
And FYI, those tickets certainly are released to the public through the secondary market.
And I don't know how you could have a rule that a person must use the seat he paid for or lose them. I can buy a classic car and not be forced to actually put it on the road. I would think those persons owning those seats would sell them to someone who would want to use them....or give them away.
Maybe...in fact.. there is just not that much interest in going to Steeler games. 11.2% no show rate would seem to indicate that.
(and if the losing continues, I can only foresee that figure going higher)
Tickets on the secondary market are over 100 dollars a piece with the more realistic territory of 150 or more per ticket. I can go to a browns game for less than 20. If you can't see the difference you cant be reasoned with and I'm not going to bother continuing the discussion.
I don't argue with your math, though I may argue with your facts.The Browns have a much larger stadium. There is greater availability. If your numbers are right...that would be a big factor. But lets face it.....apparently the price of the secondary market for Steeler tickets must be too high, if you figures are correct.....because apparently no one is buying them.
You have an 11.2% no show rate in a very small stadium. The Browns have a 2.7% no show rate in a much larger stadium.
That is the bottom line.
The classic car argument is also a terrible one. A classic car can sit for ages if properly stored get a tune up and go. There are only so many home games per season and people not going are just throwing away money. My classic car is costing me at most a limited mileage insurance policy per month. Terrible comparison.
OK, whatever......the point is....actually YES Steeler fans ARE throwing money away. They aren't going to games they paid for at a rate 4 times higher than Browns fans.
-
And Gipper you are a ridiculous wind bag. I tone my insults way down as a matter of self preservation. If I said what I really wanted to say I'd get banned all the time. You really do think you are gods gift to humanity and its hysterical.
And Gipper you are a ridiculous wind bag. I tone my insults way down as a matter of self preservation. If I said what I really wanted to say I'd get banned all the time. You really do think you are gods gift to humanity and its hysterical.
Well, you got a couple of things right: I am hysterical, and I am God's gift to humanity.
But, honestly Sonny Jim, you really don't think you are up to a slam contest with me do you? You know this board, they wouldn't censor you for a simple insult. That is a pure excuse for inferiority in that realm.
-
hahaha....my father in law was from the Penn hills and said "yins" all the time......yins going to the store??....hahaha
We tried to educate him on proper english, but that appalachian upbringing prevented that from happening....nice guy tho...
Not everyone says yinz in Pittsburgh. I dont, my mom and sister refrain as well. My dad says it on occasion and it has a proper origin so it's less slang than people make it out to be..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
